What are Yea Forums's thoughts on Tokyo Ghoul?

What are Yea Forums's thoughts on Tokyo Ghoul?

Attached: 42711-333932928.jpg (819x574, 57K)

S1 was pretty good. Everything after that sucks.

your picture doesnt look like it was from s1 so im going to assume you like the garbage put out after it. Enjoy your shitty taste, teen

>talking about the anime
It was shit. Read the manga

First manga was good
:re is unfiltered garbage and i actually worried about the author's mental state for the second half of it

I'd rather not have any, thanks

:Re being utter garbage is bullshit. It's nowhere as good as the first part but the notion that is unreadable trash is just idiocy perpetuated by morons here.

It was fucking unreadable garbage compared to the first half. Compared to the tight, focused story and relatively realistic conflict, it went full battle shounen and threw all logic out the window.

too much skipped, you can't understand half of whats going on after the first season.

>talking about the manga
It's even shittier, read the wikipedia summary.

>talking about the wikipedia summary
it was also shit, just watch the covers of the chapters and guess what happens

Anime ruined it for the sake of the dollars.

Manga was pretty good. I loved the tragedy and the inners despairs. It went downhill after Investigator Kaneki Death Godish because Ishida hesitated ending it in a trainwreck for the sake of fanbase

>talking about the covers of the chapters
just imagine your own story

Stop making this thread

Overrated shit

The most overatted series ever. Even more than DBZ.

Edgy shit

Had a concept with incredible potential, but it devolved into a basic battle shounen with contrived psychological elements. The story was at its prime when characters and organizations were shrouded in mystery (part 1) and the eventual reveals were insultingly underwhelming. (Roma, CCG Leader, Doctor, Uta). Kaneki was a shallow self-insert, and the action scenes were horribly drawn.

Feels like :re was :re-written multiple times and was left a shallow patchwork of plot-points and developments which Ishida halfheartedly attempted to salvage. Despite this, I look forward to his next work and I think he has the potential to to better.

Attached: 1548298719437.png (592x717, 359K)

Edgy shit, and I feel angry when I see Kaneki

>Reddit's Wrath

Attached: 1497092756671.png (289x310, 110K)

fucking lol

Attached: 1527965117109.png (341x598, 284K)

In fact the anime's story makes more sense than the manga, that's not exactly a merit but at least it has less plot-holes.

It reminds me of Bleach for some reason but I had a lot more fun reading Bleach. TG just got tedious after Kaneki went full edgelord.

First manga is really good.
Anime S1 was rushed as fuck but at least they tried to follow the source material.
Root A could’ve been good if the director would’ve simply followed the draft that was written by the author just for this purpose but instead he tried to be smart and mashed parts of the draft and canon material together creating a plot that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

First half of the :re manga was solid but definitely a lot weaker compared to the first manga.
Second half was garbage and the author even apologized after he shat out the final chapter.
He just grew tired of his own series and gave up.

The :re "anime" is an abomination which we shall never speak of.

About :re, ishida played too much nier and wrote a soft ending for his own series.

My problem was that I went into it knowing nothing, and mistakenly thinking that ghouls were rare, or few in number.

Awful pile of shit and the only manga/anime I've ever dropped completely.

Absolutely no one overrates DB you retard

As a normie who only just caught the first few episodes, I like it a lot. Gore kino, although a lot of anons here seem to disagree especially following S1. Since thats the case, what would these disparaging anons recommend as an actual decent yet similar title?

Reminder Ishida :re because of this

Attached: 1552666033489.jpg (1000x609, 80K)