Why is it so difficult to write a coherent and compelling shonen story...

Why is it so difficult to write a coherent and compelling shonen story? I'm definitely not saying I could do better but it's hard to ignore the fact that the formula is pretty well established.

Attached: state of shonen.png (1067x669, 596K)

Bad bait is bad, try again OP.

>mha is bad

Excuse me

if you try anything different it doesn't make money

there's no excuse for using paint in 2019, gimp has been free for years
>implying it's good

Attached: bullshit baby watch night mort.png (184x194, 27K)

Because they are serialized, that's literally it and it is an insurmountable problem outside of something like an indie magazine that will ignore any feedback as it runs and publish sporadically.

Attached: 1553888694018.png (626x348, 76K)

Attached: wUVyZiD.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Are you saying it's not?

Attached: 15537327319433.png (848x459, 418K)

Niggers, if this was bait I would have just used a preexisting image instead of making this. I'm trying to have an actual discussion here.

Had a strong start but Deku isn't an extrordinarily compelling protagonist. Crybaby memes aside he has no real character flaws (he is basically his universe's ideal hero personality wise) and is a bit of a Gary Stu. Add not so compelling antagonists, questionable pacing, and capeshit and there are some real problems.

Fair enough. At the same time though there is evidence some authors are capable of quite a bit of scheduling autonomy and creative freedom.

>. Crybaby memes aside he has no real character flaws (he is basically his universe's ideal hero personality wise) and is a bit of a Gary Stu.
I like how you can tell this retard hasn't read the manga

The only time I felt like his personality had issues was the hideout raid arc, but the problems there are more logically able to be attributed to Mirio than Deku. Other than that I can't really think of a case where his mentality actually got in the way of saving someone.

Yeah Deku is a whiny bitch, question is did you only put Asta in because you've only seen the godaweful butchering of an anime adaptation it got and didn't read the manga?

>Other than that I can't really think of a case where his mentality actually got in the way of saving someone.
How about the first fucking chapter you fucking dumbass.

I've learned not to take Yea Forums's stance on MHA seriously because most of its hate stems from its popularity with casuals. If the manga has actual flaws they wouldn't be getting so much shit wrongg, I mean look at this bitch
>The only time I felt like his personality had issues was the hideout raid arc, but the problems there are more logically able to be attributed to Mirio than Deku.

I can literally rip a scene from the manga to prove his dumbass wrong
Black Clover is not fucking good whether you're watching the anme or reading the manga. He put Asta there because the fanbase are filled with bleeding vaginas who cry anytime the series gets ridiculed.

Attached: 0130-005.jpg (1066x1600, 252K)

Explain? I don't recall any problems. Deku slides through the first chapter pretty well.
BC's manga is better than the anime, but I'm not up to date with it. Does it get better after the hot springs arc?

This is just fucking embarrassing . If you're going to criticize the series at least read it first.

Attached: 0001-050.jpg (1066x1600, 381K)

Between the short frames of time you get to actually draw and ink all your shit, the edits the publishers will need you to go through, the public not expecting anything really different with the tropes so well established and the influence the public can have on your story, it's really not surprising. It sounds hard to come up with good shit in that situation.
Shonen series are also designed to go on forever by default because as long as people like it they expect you to keep publishing your story, no matter how shitty it turns. I'm always reminded of Naruto in that case: The story feels like it could have had a satistying ending at the end of the Pain arc, but it kept fucking going, probably because Jump didn't want Kishimoto to stop.

Jimmy calm down no ones going to make fun of you here
Yeah after the Hot Springs arc it speeds up a fuck ton again, just the other chapter a huge fucking bombshell dropped giving us more info on the Elves' backstory.

Can you explain? I don't know if this was over my head but a simple criticism from Nighteye is kinda meaningless. Deku is as much of a planner as he is one to rush in head on, really. Its easy to talk about shit like panning when you can literally see the fucking future.
This is bullshit. All might is inspired by Deku's heroism- while it may seem like stupidity at first glance, his brashness in this situation is the first step on his road to becoming the #1 hero.

Are you literally retarded or is this supposed to be some kind of irony? You posted one of the best examples to prove th other anons point.

sneed

AM had to come in and save the day so Deku's actions wasn't the best course and he got reprimanded for jumping in without a quirk. He didn't accomplish anything with his actions
>You posted one of the best examples to prove th other anons point.
How does it prove his point?

Attached: 0001-054.jpg (1066x1600, 382K)

>You posted one of the best examples to prove th other anons point.
>Deku utterly fails to save Bakugou because despite his efforst he has no quirk and couldn't do anything
>You proved his point
Its so easy to make fun of the people who dislike this manga because they generally seem to be retarded.

>I don't know if this was over my head but a simple criticism from Nighteye is kinda meaningless.
No? Because he was right. Overhaul was going to kill Deku and Mirio has he took action into his own hands and Eri has to save them.

Attached: 0129-018.jpg (1066x1600, 426K)

Outcome wise though everything went great. Looking at it in a micro level Deku put himself at risk, but when you take a step back and analyze the results he inspired all might to action and put his foot in the door to inherit One for All. This is the first chapter, and a shonen protag did something that surpassed even his mentor figure (all might is hesitant). Deku proved his mentality was good enough to become the world's greatest hero.

Its not unprecedented for a shonen protag to have a good showing and impress the mentor in the first chapter- Naruto has a similar situation but he's quickly taken down a peg. Nothing similar happens to Deku.

>Outcome wise though everything went great.
Yeah not because of Deku

>all this bullshit

Again read the manga. You're just wrong. It was stated and agreed by both of them that it wasn't the best course of action HOWEVER the fact that Deku even attempted to do so despite his status made AM deem him worthy of the mantle of course we later learn that was it mainly out of pity everything you posted is just bullshit and only proves you're just talking out your ass.

Attached: 0001-056.jpg (1066x1600, 350K)

Its one of the few shonens I actually dropped thats how shit is it I also dropped HxH because it stopped being about Gon and Kurapika and his clan autism.

The outcome went great because All Might acted not because of Deku.

All Might only chose Deku out of pity and because he was also quirkless. He wasn't even the first or the best option for the mantle which is the whole basis of Hideout Raid.

Deku is never portrayed as having the best decision making and isn't the ideal likeness of a hero either. He tries despite his weakness but anyone can try. I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about.

That just speaks more to your shit taste if anything.

Attached: 0130-019.jpg (1066x1600, 277K)

>he has no real character flaws
- Too timid and has low self-esteem
- Too emotional
- Slow learner

>he is basically his universe's ideal hero personality wise
No he's not.

>and is a bit of a Gary Stu
Wow. The fact that you unironically believe this makes me laugh,

>Add not so compelling antagonists
That's why this arc thus far has been so well-received and its primarily focused on villains is because they're not compelling right?

>questionable pacing, and capeshit

What does this even mean?

Attached: 0162-010.jpg (899x1300, 290K)