Why are the backgrounds/environments in Bleach so terrible

why are the backgrounds/environments in Bleach so terrible

90% of scenes backgrounds is just bright blue sky and a nondescript street, it lacks any sort of sense of location/geography/density compared to naruto and one piece

Attached: 18213896f38c5fb35d0886ad8f32fab51279737210_fwide.jpg (640x360, 38K)

They wanted it to be 1:1 to the manga

Is this bait

sounds like you got KUBO'D

No. It's shounen.

name a Slice of Life then with consistent good backgrounds while the main characters are moving around alot in a single scene or area, because that's shounen for ya

cowboy bebop?

episodic =/= slice of life

Attached: 12882_-_bleach_kubo_kubo_tite_manga_tagme.jpg (500x584, 87K)

wrong

I fucking hope kubo's unannounced project is BtW serialized

retard

The manga didn't have backgrounds, so it's not like the anime had much to work with.

ok but is it really smart to have almost your entire manga take place in either ichigo's house or just a literal nondescript general "outside"

tumblr not doing its real job sir.

Most manga and anime have incomprehensible generic geography, very few authors give a shit about that kind of thing.

Hibiki Euphonium?

If you're talking about the anime, then that's because Studio Pierrot is a shitty studio.

If you're talking about the manga, then that's because Kubo intentionally kept the backgrounds minimalistic since he wanted to put more focus on designing the characters instead.

The setting and story for Bleach didn't really require too much detail for intricate backgrounds in every location. Karakura town is just your average Japanese town that's based on Tokyo's suburbs. Hueco Mundo is just a barren desert that stretches on eternally, with only the chrome castle of Las Noches standing out.

Kubo put most of his effort in designing Soul Society though and it shows since there's a greater sense of geography and scope to show the level of order and organization in Soul Society.

You just don't have the heart.

>more focus on designing the characters instead
edgy designs don't make characters well written

Attached: Luffy_laugh.jpg (350x263, 17K)

Kubo magic

Attached: 1538579501350.jpg (479x466, 4K)

I could say the same about childish and cartoony designs, faggot.

Attached: 7cf.png (320x240, 120K)

He didn't say they were well written, you tard.

The cartoon characters are well written atleast.

This is what Oneshitters ACTUALLY believe...

>wanted to keep the focus on the characters designs
>character designs are total shit

Bleach had solid character designs. Kubo keeps them simple, but adds rough lines and shadows to make them seem intimidating.

Kubo's designs are some of the best in Jump, both old series and new series. The only one who beats him is Oda.

>Anime
Laziness
>Manga
Aesthetic choice

Clutter and detail is overrated.

Am I supposed to read Bleach more like a Shakespeare Play? I don't know why, but there's more poetic moments in the manga while the anime plays off like a modern shonen.

You are new aren't you? Ever heard of PA Works?

yes and you should be reading HxH the same way too

Bleach has the better backgrounds. I'm getting tired of every anime taking place in some rural Japanese town or Tokyo.

Naruto and One Piece have a lot of adventure going on, they are adventuresque and they dont hide it. Bleach's anime takes place in like three locations. Four if you count inside Hueco Mundo. Why is that surprising?

I don't recall any adventure at all occuring on Naruto the manga. I remember lots of gags and Uchiha family drama.

One Piece has the opposite problem: The manga feels like an adventure, but I have no idea what the anime is going for. Is the anime supposed to be a variety show?

Well, it would be pretty jarring for Goku to be fighting aliens in Ichigo's house.

Kubo

Oda and Kubo's character designs are apples to oranges. They're both too different in style to compare objectively so it's more of a matter of preferences.

Remember that the lack of backgrounds in the Bleach manga, and the subsequent low quality backgrounds of the Bleach anime, are not due to laziness; they are a painstakingly manufactured element that supports the themes of death, isolation, and depression. The barren, underutilized frontier behind each character expresses how unkind and unloving the world is. This is best displayed in Ichigo's famous line, "Getsuga Tensho, Getsuga Tensho"

Attached: Yuzu&karin.jpg (480x360, 25K)

fpbp

>This is best displayed in Ichigo's famous line, "Getsuga Tensho, Getsuga Tensho"
kek

Attached: Goku's_Endearing_Laugh.jpg (640x480, 66K)

yep, pretty much this

No

>wanted to shitpost
>bait is total shit

Bleach is a true masterpiece.

>naruto
Naruto is 40% forrests, 40% rocky landscapes and 20 buildings

Beacause they are simple

Adding a shit ton of random elements doesnt make a good character design i preffer oda when he is more simple

when has Oda done that