Extended version of "In This Corner of the World" slated for December

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-29/in-this-corner-of-the-world-anime-film-extended-version-opens-on-december-20/.145165

Fellas, it's more Rin and Sumi. Will they actually remember to tell us that Rin dies this time?

Attached: Screenshot_20190329-065539.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

I was sad to find out that the director of this film is quite old already. Hope he continues anyway.

I seriously hope Katabuchi doesn't fuck this up and only adds a bunch of conventionally animated SoL scenes. At least a quarter of this added content better be painting and drawing metaphors. Although, no matter how good this ends up being, I still think it's a digusting cash grab and fuck MAPPA for even insinuating it.

user, this is the original complete script.
Contrary to what Keiichi Hara did with Miss Hokusai, telling half the story he wanted, Sunao made an agreement with MAPPA to make the movie fit the budget. He made a "theatrical cut" of the script to animate initially, and if the movie profited MAPPA would give him the money to animate the rest of the scenes.
It's not an extended version, not a director's cut, it's the complete version.

I remember seeing this in the cinemas. The airstrike scene sounded like I was actually being airstriked in real life. It was so very loud and I swear the cinema was vibrating too.

I never had the pleasure of seeing it in theaters, but it was beautiful. I'm glad to see it getting some more love.

user, it said it's showing more stuff about Rin and Sumi. We're probably going to see that Rin's died near the end, as well as more stuff about Sumi's radiation illness. It doesn't seem anything like what you're afraid of.

>We're probably going to see that Rin's died near the end
It's never shown that Rin died.
Suzu just assumes that she dies because the whole area where she worked was bombed.

Hype. I really loved this movie. Best of its year imo even among heavy hitters like Silent Voice and Your Name

>Silent Voice and Your Name
Those were shit.

Yeah but one was highly anticipated and the other critically acclaimed. I wasn't crazy about them either

Assuming you're just a contrarian faggot, but I'm curious to hear what you have to say.

Not him, but:
- Your Name
entertaining, and that's it;
- Silent Voice
Borderline oscar-bait style movie that boils down to boy meets girl in the end. The manga had a bunch of substance that was left out in favor of tear-jerk scenes. A beautiful movie, but what had to say about it's subject?

All the Corners was simply a better movie, technically and artistically.
It's not hard to understand why it won more awards than all others combined that year.

Interested in this. I think Katabuchi is probably a good director and I liked the original manga a lot, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed by the anime adaption.

I agree that In This Corner is the one most deserving to be called a masterpiece (and that Silent Voice is the opposite), but I find Your Name very engaging in that it had a more likable ending than In This Corner's. The weakest part I see with In This Corner is the inclusion of the daughter-like replacement in the family who only came at the ending, which feels really unnatural and almost too much a good thing for what the story was going through in accepting reality and Harumi's death. I understand it's to establish a strong happy ending in a swift time, but I just could not find it fitting. Other than that, the film really is spectacular in every category and Im really looking forward to this extended version..

My interpretation is that, "look, other families suffered, were destroyed. But some can unite and be made whole again to overcome this", something like that.

I personally liked Your Name more, but I would actually disagree with your argument that the little girl they adopted detracted from the tragedy of Harumi's demise at all. She doesn't really feel like a replacement. We actually see snippets of her living with her mother, the dropping of the bomb, and when her mother dies. We even see some of her interactions with the Houjous after she's adopted, and a lot is different. Harumi didn't really seem to interact with anyone besides Keiko, who acts as her mom (because she is her mom), and Suzu, who is a doing aunt and also kind of her friend (because she's Suzu). Everyone seems to interact with the new kid, but she feels more like a daughter to Suzu and Shuusaku. Rather than feel like a replacement to Harumi, she feels like both a symbol of their relationship to each other, as well as her own character that's been bereaved by the bombing that destroyed so much of Suzi's hometown. She doesn't lessen the loss of Harumi in that manner, and she actually kind of gives more depth to the loss in the story, even if she's now able to find a happy home with Suzu and her family.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x300, 540K)

What the fuck did Silent Voice do to you

>I personally liked Your Name more
Opinion discarded

I want to strangle the main girl

Attached: hideaki-anno.jpg (940x651, 58K)

Do not bully Su-
>filename
What do Evangelionogs have against Corner?

It's not okay to strangle people, Anno

Okay, these are valid interpretations. I was just now thinking how the family showing hospitality to the lost child is in a similar vein to how they show hospitality to Suzu throughout the movie. In many occasions Suzu has saved her new family and build up from her initial impressions about them as well as their's to her. Even in the one time she failed where it mattered the most (Harumi), they still eventually forgave her. In that sense the lost child is a new beginning after a darkened time, so it does wrap up the story quite nicely.
But GODDAMN, Suzu and Shuusaku should have at least made a biological offspring in the credit epilogue or something. After all that struggling in keeping their marriage together, one would think they're ready to raise more than just an adopted child.

As far as I am concerned the girl exist for simple, oldfashioned catharsis. Given how I always break out in tear watching it, I certainly know that Keiko picking clothes is the one scene that completely broke me. It made me appreciate Katabuchi's work on the film so much more. Throughout it always felt like something was missing, something that really reeled me in, that final emotional punch created from genuine attachment to the cast, rather than some dishonest tearjerkera la Hotaru no Haka. And for me, that's scene that did it, does it, and probably always will.

They tried.

I don't really care about the Oscars that much and know weeb shit has no chance of winning, but I don't get how none of these that year got nominated but shitty fucking Mirai did a few years later.

Mirai was a good movie, and ultimately an adventure family film.

Neither Katsumi, Kimi no na wa nor "My Name is Nigger, sorry I meant Yamada but I can't hear you" are family films, which is what you kinda need to be to have a shot. Only reason Kaguya got nominated was because it's a japanese children's fairytale. And I guess because they had a hard time justifying to not nominated it given the quality of the animation. None of the three feature films of 2016 stood out visually. You wouldn't see any of them on a list of "most well animated feature films of all time".

I dunno, user. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with raising an adopted child as your own, especially when that little girl really could have used a home. Shuusaku and Suzu could have conceived before that, but it's pretty clear that they weren't ready before that, and raising two kids might have been difficult, given that Suzu is already down an arm and going through a pregnancy would be even harder on her.

>"My Name is Nigger, sorry I meant Yamada but I can't hear you"
I genuinely don't know what movie you're talking about

It was already too much that Shuzaku didn't end raising Tetsu's child. Remember that the original manga was written by a woman. Fortunately In this corner was published in a seinen magazine. See Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

>It was already too much that Shuzaku didn't end raising Tetsu's child.
Nigger, what the fuck are you going on about? And what does the fact that it was written by a chick have to do with anything?

Isn't a josei where the woman isn't sure who is the father of her child? Could be her husband or her lover but she doesn't care

Are you actually implying that Suzu cheated with Tetsu? Did something happen in the manga that I wasn't aware of?

She could cheated with Tetsu and even get pregnant with his child if the manga was published in a josei magazine. Shuzaku was cool with that.

>but I'm curious to hear what you have to say.
Former was underwhelming, but the manga was as well so it my fault for thinking that the film could be any better. Latter was just some bland love story with time traveling. Both films were nice to look at and the Kyoani one had a wonderful OST, but that's literally it.

Attached: 1551479930648.png (574x321, 88K)

There's a trend among female writers with having "nice guys" being OK with their significant others to cheat and/or raising her child without knowing who is the real father. I guess the male equivalent is the infamous harem end, I find it distasteful and lazy but anons love it. They can always go to the next level and retcon the entire relationship and their baby like Orange

Attached: Evangelion live action.png (1153x614, 518K)