ITT: Good anime-adapatons

Dororo and Devilman are probably the best adaptations we got for a long time. Dororo even surpasses the manga in terms of story.
Are these Anime a strong case to justify the existence of anime-adaptation or is it just the modernisation that gives it an unfair advantage over the manga and thus impossible to compare them with each other?
Are old manga better suited for anime-adaptation than recent manga. Fans are more forgiving in terms of changes and generally just happy to see this manga getting some love?

Attached: Dororo.png (1126x800, 1.38M)

Attached: 1551696079608.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

iam always astonished how much impact retro looking mango has on me. the dororo cover is fukking beautiful

>Devilman
Fuck crybaby

The Devilman adapted by Yuasa is quite inferior than the original manga. Literally the worst anime made by Yuasa.

Attached: 39852398532.jpg (729x1149, 261K)

Tezuka and Nagai are hacks in the modern era. Any adaptation would make it better than the original, but saying that Devilman was a GOOD ADAPTATION is just plain wrong

>Tezuka and Nagai are hacks in the modern era
This.

Is that a joke? Dororo couldn't have been adapted worse.

>t. faggots who have never actually read a Tezuka, but want to sound cool on a Chinese cartoon anonymous board

>zoomers who've never read Buddha or Black Jack think they know anything about Tezuka's manga

Devilman Is more like a reinterpretation than an adaption, it’s missing half the content of the manga.

Dororo is slowly turning into an original show, what are left untouched are the names of the characters, and the demons.

I don't think it's something that needs justification, and I wouldn't say the age of a manga makes it better or worse suited for adaptation. It all depends on who is animating it.

That's not hard to accomplish since the manga was literally never finished properly

But the manga had a solid plot up to a certain point, I would have expected the story to take a different path much later.

Not really, considering it's still adapting manga arcs as recently as the last two episodes with the banmon storyline.

Buddha sucked ass. Worst long running Tezuka series by a mile.

I read a bunch of his adult/gekiga series and didn’t really care for them. I think Tezuka is a great artist when it comes to paneling and inking but Black Jack was really the only one I enjoyed out of what is available in English

That Dororo adaptation is a disaster, last episode butchered the original storyline.

They both suck.

You like any of the Phoenix volume?

Have you faggots even read Hi no Tori? No?

Then just shut up.

I like Black Jack too but the 90s OVAs are better.

dororo is awful especially for butchering the manga designs

>talking about fucking Phoenix of all works as if it's some obscure title people haven't read
What's next? Asking if I've read New Treasure Island?
Fuck off.

>New Treasure Island

never heard of that.

Also it's clear you didn't read it. Nice. You can pretend you did though

Name one.

Because Tezuka never did Gekiga, retard.

>never heard of that.
Are you serious?

Attached: 1496966906579.jpg (854x720, 134K)

They design used only in the OP would have been perfect.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dororo - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.52.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

>Devilman
Crybaby was fucking garbage. The Ping Pong adaptation is still his best work.

Attached: horriblesubs-ping-pong-the-animation-02-720p-mkv_snapshot_16-19_2014-04-18_14-19-14-1.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Yeah, and i don't really care. I can use google though and see that it's Tezuka's first work. You happy with the dick measurement contest? Am I supposed to be impressed by you?

You never even fucking read Hi no tori. You just read wikipedia articles. You don't even know what Gekiga means. Fucking retard.

I did, fuckface. I liked pretty much all of it except for that last Past & Future War Arc and the Clone Game shit.
Karma (sculptor) and the short Mermaid story were my favorites.
If you don't know what New Treasure Island is you should be fucking ashamed of yourself. It's literally what made Tezuka popular in the 40s.
Lurk more before trying to act like you know anything at all.
You can act like he didn't but we both know he tried at the very least. MW, Alabaster and Human Insects to name 3 definitely try to follow the success of the gekiga movement and if you disagree you're legitimately a moron.

This. Should've had Imagawa direct it.

I wasn't even the guy you were replying to, I just think you're a clown. You patronise someone because you think they haven't read Phoenix, but you barely know the rest of Tezuka's works.

>Dororo even surpasses the manga in terms of story
It really doesn't.

>Dororo and Devilman are probably the best adaptations we got for a long time.
Please tell me this is bait.

>Devilman
user...

I prefer the devilman adapted by Kiyoshi Nagai.

I actually forgot about that one because I was thinking about Vertical, but I liked it a lot.