Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Enjoyable, artistically pleasing or emotionally intense as it may be, this anime is not "deep", "complex", nor it does offer any "deeper psychological meaning". So either stop claiming so, or give proper explanations.
And please, stop comparing it to Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Thank you.

Attached: 1552590736722.jpg (1944x1715, 218K)

No one says this beyond one or two spammers. One of them being known buy a certain notorious name.

tbqh, there's not many stories that do feel 'deep' to the adult mind. 20 or 30 years of life experience gives one so much wisdom, psychological complexity, and breadth of knowledge that a simple work of fiction isn't likely to blow anyone's mind.

Attached: Sophie_38.jpg (1920x2242, 1.24M)

The Eva comparisons are mostly just because of how massive and defining it was for anime at the time

Maybe in anime. Great lit and phil was made to be compelling for a lifetime.

It's pretty damn fun though. I can't stomach NGE, but Madoka is super fucking entertaining. And Rebellion was even better. Thank you, Shaft, for this wonderful show.

Attached: 322389ce1f1_00.gif (320x180, 129K)

>reads "great literature" on a regular basis
>they're good stories, but nothing mind-blowing

At the end of the day, fiction is fiction. If you want stories to leave a deep impression on you, read them as a child or teenager. As adults in our 30s, we are beyond their reach.

Is it possible you're merely sad and deflated?

I am kind of emotionally numbed. Just recently a girl wrote my name using her blood and sent me a picture and I didn't really feel anything besides the vaguest of surprise for a small fraction of a second.

I agree, NGE isn't deep and has no psychological meaning.

>Dude! Help me destroy all sentient life because Universal Heat Death will eventually happen so life has no value

How did Butcher manage to write such trash?

Attached: 85bc336d-godzilla-planet-eater4.jpg (750x500, 546K)

> Puella Magi Madoka Magica Anonymous
>Enjoyable, artistically pleasing or emotionally intense as it may be, this anime is not "deep", "complex", nor it does offer any "deeper psychological meaning". So either stop claiming so, or give proper explanations.
>I agree, NGE isn't deep and has no psychological meaning.

That joke doesn't really work here. It doesn't help that OP even used Madoka's picture. It just fell flat on it's forhead.

Agreed. Rebellion is another story though.

Why comparing it pmmm to discount grabage ?

One concept that has stuck with me through fiction is the idea of getting old in Monster. I know I am too young to fully appreciate it but the idea of growing old and being the last person to know of your existence is something I never considered about life but I can see how it becomes increasingly more realistic for a lot of people the older they get.

It can't be helped, user. Madoka is babby's first grimdark anime, of course people will talk about it like it's some kind of masterpiece.

>artistically pleasing
Madoka looks like absolute dogshit outside of the witchy labyrinths.

It's not likely but it happens sometimes. Ten blew my mind even as an adult

NGE isn't that complex either.
Both are among the best shows casuals could watch however.

Complex/deep means dogshit regarding quality.

Eva and Madoka get compared a lot because of Molning Lescue and Schick, right?

this for the most part. i still like to think about ideas and philosophy but none of it is new to me and nothing blows my mind. had to force myself to read punpun because it was just high school tier existential ramblings half of the time. that said madoka magica has a nice buddhist feel to it (desire gives way to despair) which i always appreciate

Attached: FFF7ECBC-E764-41E8-A818-B556334E1BF0.jpg (540x612, 88K)

Hurry up, Magia Record.

Attached: 73782958_p1.jpg (1000x1000, 368K)

Shut your mouth shounen babby

Nope fix your dogshit eyes

I've come to post comfy girls

Attached: 4OJcM_pJwaWJYLCllNFDwv9eb3Cnl4ZJ-_qgtq3SaVs.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7f00516 (960x698, 394K)

>artistically pleasing

Attached: [DB]Puella Magi Madoka Magica_-_01_(Dual Audio_10bit_BD1080p_x265).webm (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Agreed, the only work of fiction that is deep is Madoka, Madoka and nothing else.

>"deeper psychological meaning"
>psychological
no one ever claimed that Madoka has deep psychological meaning.
We claim that Madoka has deep PHILOSOPHICAL meaning, on par with the Greats like Nietzsche and Kant.
And we claim that Madoka is a legit manifestation of divinity that was created through a synthesis of the meta-narrative on par with the Bible and holds the key to the Renaissance of Western Civilization as a whole.

But no one ever claimed that it is psychological beyond a very superficial level.
>"deep"
Here you go claiming that Madoka isn't deep, without even understanding the basic concepts that it deals with, as evidenced by your mislabeling of its content as psychological - I bet you don't even know the difference between psychological and philosophical. PATHETIC.

>Evangelion
Eva fags got BTFO 264/264 times when I saw it brought up.

Attached: BebePostRebellion.gif (500x280, 1018K)

>on par with the Bible
>holds the key to the Renaissance of Western Civilization as a whole.
there you go, you just proved OP. Most of those who claim that Madoka has some deeper meaning are just shameless shitposters. You're right on the psychological/philosophical thing though.

>Implying OP isn't in on the joke and this isn't a bait thread in the first place
But apart from this, I'm 100% serious about everything said in that post.