Legend of Zelda manga

For what purpose?

Attached: 51LWzajK8BL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (334x499, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!tCoxwQTQ!nYm-V--3c3h-C8AB3PvvIIlTwMM6AXtuLZRz9qvLzdI
youtu.be/E2g2A-gRM7s?t=32
youtu.be/6DpDqD9toig?t=32
youtu.be/LmcVhmhtGvA?t=32
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice art

Advertizing, its always that, not stop making these threads faggot

$$

I want to fuck that imp thing so bad.

I enjoyed reading them as a teenager

shekels

Basically just each game condensed with a little extra characterization here and there.

The background story for Majora's Mask manga is pretty cool, as it describes the creation of Majora's Mask and the death of Majora. I personally love their adaptation of ALttP the most.

Why haven't we gotten a Zelda anime? Or a Splatoon anime? Why is Nintendo so lazy with marketing their IPs.

>Read the Ocarina of time one as a kid
>Remember not liking how they portrayed Link and Zelda's relationship.

Other than that the only thing that stood out was that Volvagia was became a tragic character.

Attached: 1550851632888.jpg (1648x1236, 400K)

LTTP one is great

I wanted a Fire Emblem anime but the current games aren't that enjoyable so my dream has vanished.

Tiki best girl

>Why is Nintendo so lazy with marketing their IPs.
Because Zelda is already one of the most profitable IPs in the world.
Also there was an American Zelda cartoon. It was really bad. That's the reason they don't make an anime.

It's not that they're lazy, it's that they put the money that would've gone towards the anime into actually making the games.
Reminder that each game (bar Majora's Mask) has a ~7 year development cycle, and ~3 of those years is just making the gameplay good.

If you didn't like the Wind Waker 4-koma manga... what's wrong with you?

Attached: img000009.png (799x1599, 256K)

More Midna.

Attached: im so fucked up.png (500x364, 141K)

Why is it so funny? Who wrote these jokes?

i liked the oracle of seasons one

fujo money

well excuuuuuuuse me princess

Better than the anime.

Attached: link anime.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

I want a splatoon anime
just little shorts of dumb squid things

>Also there was an American Zelda cartoon. It was really bad. That's the reason they don't make an anime.
>implying the CD-i wasn't the best zelda thing of all time

Attached: cc3.jpg (421x342, 16K)

CD-i Zelda was a game, dibshit
it just had animated cutscenes
the American Zelda cartoon was a subset of the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, that's the one where "EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS" came from

Attached: FEAnime.jpg (269x453, 38K)

I want a MOTHER/EarthBound OVA series consisting of 3 parts or an ARMS anime.

You've actually watched/played both?
Wewlad.

Attached: link laugh.jpg (256x353, 18K)

>ARMS anime
That already exists.

There were a fire fire emblem manga too I recall.

Hearing Link talk would be pretty strange.
I have an emotional connection to Links awakening, must be the music.

I found those youtube joke videos far funnier than I should have back in the day.

Attached: 1538702421228.webm (400x300, 2.79M)

Oops, wrong thread. Oh well.

*few not fire
got confused between feu and few (the prior means fire in French) then translated feu to first use of the word fire.

>For what purpose?

To have a seductive and exotic queen as the hero's love interest

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-235643_1.jpg (656x1121, 148K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-235648_1.jpg (758x1107, 204K)

>untranslated
>not a single person willing to put up viz scans online

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-235703_1.jpg (1032x1455, 269K)

There was a tie-in manga for FE6 that was about all the characters that the game had named weapons for.

The 4koma is great.

Attached: Zelda WW - Chapter 4 - Page - 016.png (799x1599, 147K)

Attached: Zelda WW - Chapter 4 - Page - 015.png (799x1599, 134K)

Attached: Zelda WW - Chapter 5 - Page - 005.png (810x1605, 123K)

Attached: 14.jpg (750x1327, 100K)

Attached: 15.jpg (750x1327, 99K)

Attached: 81dsoZWayqL.jpg (1183x1618, 325K)

>Because Zelda is already one of the most profitable IPs in the world.
Is it though? It's probably the "big" Nintendo franchise with the lowest sales.

>not a full-length series about Judd and the Great Turf War

Depending on what you consider a big franchise, that title goes to Metroid, Starfox, or F-Zero.

>For what purpose?
Ch 29 translation never.

>For what purpose?
It's obvious.

Attached: afbaae8a50a95295f7f92f5b2e44d7ce.jpg (500x500, 95K)

>Why is Nintendo so lazy with marketing their IPs.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssseeee ME, user.

Attached: images.jpg (259x195, 7K)

Good one.

Too good.

Yeah, I don't consider any of those big.
They're barely medium.

>Ocarina of Time manga ends with Navi whispering to Link that she loves him and then flying away
>Nintendo confirmed that it's all canon

Attached: cri.gif (498x278, 1.3M)

Why does he remind me so much of pic related?

Attached: Gudako.png (300x400, 100K)

The Wind Waker manga is GOAT.

Attached: 1453751109147.png (642x957, 468K)

The Majora's Mask manga focused too much on the bland sidequest couple that I don't give a crap about.

Far as I know the only Zelda manga that got scanlated was the Phantom Hourglass manga. I've been trying to find a place to read the others but they all lead to places where I can buy it.

Can't enjoy this unless you played the game beforehand.

>true form Midna
>Not imp Midna
If your taste was any more shit I'd think you were a scat fetishist.

What anime is she from?

I found Ocarina and Majora's a longtime ago but they were in pretty poor quality. Some of Twilight Princess is floating around.

To be fair, that's considered the best sidequest in the game.

Based and, dare I say, redpilled

Fun, cheap take on the story that you can enjoy on the side. Also nice artwork. Also where is my ALBW manga? Or a LA manga to coincide with the remake.

Attached: char16.png (958x1024, 198K)

Do those even count as mainline titles? ALBW was supposed to be a remake of ALTTP

The Ishinomori, Himekawa or Cagiva one?

Imp Midna is the Yea Forums equivalent of I M A G I N E

I mean it isn't a "remake" in the end of it all but yeah, I'd say it's part of the mainline. I think they say something about it taking place 100 years after ALTTP? Also, why is the hero dies timeline the best timeline?

Who is the best Zelda (as character) and why is the BotW one?

Attached: ZeldaBotw.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>why is the BotW one?
I disagree based solely on her voice, but she has that yoga pants thing going on, and yoga pants are mmmmmmm

Her seiryuu wasn't that bad, or are you talking about her cringe-inducing english dub?

Wow, tasteless.

English. Idk if there was an option to turn on the Japanese VAs but her voice was easily the worst in the game during my playthrough.
Daruk was quality though, if only for the energy.

It took them 10 years to have the possibility to do the Twilight Princess mango, let's wait more

I want it to be focused on two teams with a red vs blue feel

Didn't they start doing the manga around the time of the HD version of TP?

The best one is actually Spirit Tracks Zelda, but BotW is pretty high up there.
The reason is because they're the few Zeldas who developed a personality other than a prize to be won or the tragic ruler.
Excluding shit tier personalities like the cringe inducing Tetra tsundere crap.

Real talk: Toon Zelda was my childhood crush and the entire reason why I got Spirit Tracks when it came out.

The english one was more fitting. She actually sounds like a bookworm princess instead of a generic schoolgirl.

>Toon Zelda was my childhood crush
>tfw wanted to call user underage
>tfw realized that Wind Waker came out 16 years ago

I'd like to stop getting older please.

Attached: End My Suffering.jpg (800x680, 103K)

>bad British accent
>bookworm
Fucking Americans

Morning Rescue went bankrupt 8 years ago and nobody remembers it anymore.

Attached: 1401960322868.png (4402x4000, 333K)

How about SS Zelda wanting to populate the whole lower earth?

I like it now, but at the time I was disappointed that it wasnā€™t by Himekawa Akira because I loved the Minish Cap mangaā€™s art style.

I know, man. Was about to call him underage too.

I want to populate Zelda's lower earth

Name me a more fitting accent for bookworm than British then.

to be fair, I'm only 19

Hi Yea Forums, have a full-color Link to the Past:
mega.nz/#!tCoxwQTQ!nYm-V--3c3h-C8AB3PvvIIlTwMM6AXtuLZRz9qvLzdI

I don't trust this Link, or this link.

Attached: 3e4.png (1280x720, 503K)

TP was the best link

But they just dumped Pyra and Mythra figure, and it sold out instantly to boot. They are just way more protective with their IPs, for better or worse.

But recent CEOs said that they want expand the IPs to media, considering that Dective pikachu and mario movie are a thing, they are halfway there.

Attached: 1547692276685.png (1190x770, 1.54M)

Don't forget they actually let the Crypt of the Necrodancer guys make a Zelda version.

Well, that was expected. Indie game devs have been very loyal to the Switch, and Nintendo's few requirements for letting other people use their IP is for the game to be fun and to do something that has never been done before.

>It's probably the "big" Nintendo franchise with the lowest sales.
Well when the other ones are your mascot characters everyone on the planet can recognize, it's easy to seem like the runt.

Attached: __kirby_link_mario_and_pikachu_super_smash_bros_and_etc_drawn_by_bettykwong__282bd5cf785a68379b553d0 (800x571, 189K)

This is indeed pretty neat.

Ubi made a Mario game. They got a bit more loose, but I find weird that moviesp popped before some anime.

>two games that I love are getting a crossover
>tfw the last Nintendo console I bought was a Wii
One day.

Attached: 1540500275384.png (449x389, 145K)

Who's buying twilight princess in 2019?

nice Armogohma

>Da da da da daaaa
>not Da da da daaaa

Ubisoft has been incredibly loyal to Nintendo consoles. They were probably the only third party dev to support the WiiU. Not to mention Miyamoto loved their not!X-Com idea.

Do they even have manga adaptations for remakes?

based patrician

I noticed that the characters tend to get much more sexy in the manga compared to the games. This is really evident in the Phantom Hourglass manga, where Jolyne and Astrid are actually fuckable.

I mean it's not a true "remake". But I'm guessing we're not getting a ALBW manga. But I still want that one the most based on the games that haven't had an adaptation yet.

Is the TP mango any good?
is midna a cute?

Classical prize to be won cookie cutter personality.

Who remember this? I downloaded it using Ares back in the day and damn, it was actually quite good.

Attached: 0.jpg (696x984, 82K)

>dude closed his website and archives don't keep images

Attached: FUCK.jpg (409x377, 35K)

Did you think it's first one?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-28 Search - MangaDex.jpg (1395x2998, 1.67M)

the French dub was pretty good, they got the VA who did Amelia from Wakfu for her

Yes.
Yes.

Attached: 34-032-033.jpg (1440x1020, 199K)

>he didn't have a crush on Medli
user you even take her on a date

Attached: good-fucking-lord-34898442.png (500x514, 131K)

I never actually played Wind Waker start to finish. I was a smol boi at the time and was actually afraid of the idea of facing the bosses. I just watched my mother play the game, because she liked it. I have Dolphin on my computer now so I should be able to find a ROM to play it.

it's good, worth playing
the endgame is grindy

I like Imp more but both are nice

Attached: Haha.png (500x386, 216K)

Because girls want to fuck wolf link.

>mfw there is a Splatoon "anime"
>it's just the manga barely animated

Attached: Annoyed Imp.jpg (202x166, 32K)

Well I guess I might get it next time I go to town

I actually quite like it. Not a masterpiece or anything, but not bad either

I would actually watch a Xenoblade 2 anime. Like, one of those that were 52 episodes long back then, depicting a grand adventure to save the world. Ones that also gave a comfy feeling like pic related, and made you care about the characters, growing on you. Too bad they don't make much of those anime anymore.

Attached: 71994333_p2.jpg (1682x2714, 793K)

I didn't care much for the OoT and MM manga but I've really liked so far what I've seen from TP, everyone just seems a lot more in character even with Link's OC backstory.

Have there been any more translations since the Goron chapters?

I want a BotW manga. Link probably had the best characterization out of any Links through his snarky answers. I absolutely loved him. Would like to see him in mango form, being jerk to everyone.

Attached: qOnIM1U[1].jpg (1280x720, 420K)

She also did french NausicaƤ, which was perfectly fitting for Zelda, and the kind of game BotW was.

Attached: 39 Nausicaa_complete_Artwork_and_Fanart_By_Nanaki.jpg (987x1334, 365K)

Did she take the knot?

Attached: 12856493-1AB4-417C-B6D4-EDD5615D7132.png (1060x751, 272K)

French dub was p. good
I forget which major VA was total trash for them but I think it was the Goron?

Yes

Attached: 9e1.png (500x375, 277K)

Err... that was a platonic love... right?

Daruk was great, but his great-great kid nephew or something was bad. But we don't hear him that much anyway. The most important characters, Zelda, The King and Impa were all excellent. Daruk and Urbosa as well, Mipha was okayish, Revali was the most smug smartass you could ask for, and Sidon was the bro we all wish we had.

youtu.be/E2g2A-gRM7s?t=32
youtu.be/6DpDqD9toig?t=32
youtu.be/LmcVhmhtGvA?t=32

Also, french girls make great tsuns and great deres.

Attached: a13bf68ddcca626f5c34d56760808d06.jpg (793x660, 104K)

well he immediately goes off in search of her, fucking dies in a forest, gets transported to another world, and then comes back and becomes a farmboy

>fucking dies in a forest

He died?

>well he immediately goes off in search of her

...Is Navi his real OTP?... Then why the hell she left him?

he goes into the lost woods without a fairy, which is basically a death sentence, but we know he survived it because the lineage of the hero is still strong in Hyrule in Twilight Princess
doesn't mean he didn't die in the process

maybe if the mario movie by the minion guys is succesful
but I don't want nintendo to make deals with smelly americans anymore

>tfw no Zelda scale by GSC
Fucking WHY. Nintendo love money. GSC love money. They can release one whenever there's a new design. It's free money.

Attached: c63847d4386453da250544fa4b896985.jpg (601x850, 518K)

You know even when I like Legend of Zelda I never liked the unification of the stories, it feels like a crossover to me.

yeah, it's just autism

All of us have autism inside of us.

Attached: 1494639654666.jpg (180x180, 5K)

yeah
the only sets of stories that are really intrinsically linked (lol) are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess; and aLttP and aLBW

Wasn't WW and PH linked too?

yeah, a few of the toon ones are linked but I didn't play them

The only part of the official timeline that I remember is Ocarina of time branching off into TP and WW. And then Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were direct sequels to Wind Waker.

Majora's Mask is the same link as OoT
WW features some of the OoT characters in murals

My bad, I keep thinking of OoT and MM as the same game because I owned both of them on the same Gamecube disc.
The timeline splitting at OoT is a really neat concept but the older games being part of the continuity feels really contrived.

me

It's pretty clear there's a continuity since OoT came out, even BotW, when it's so far in the future, directly references princess Ruto from OoT, Nabooru as well, a loosely Darunia.

Attached: 6aa04633227f11cae0d0d78a1e58ed23.jpg (717x900, 217K)

Xenoblade 2 would be a ride watching it with Yea Forums. I'd love to see the reaction to "OH MY TRUE FORM WHICH ALLOWS ME TO TRAVEL AT LIGHT SPEED". It would be shitposted to hell and back, but all in good fun I'd think.

Attached: 1546987468696.jpg (1480x1000, 511K)

This is a lie. Almost every Zelda game has references to other games.

>Amelia from Wakfu
>Good
How about no?
t. Frenchfag

Attached: ce479d10d27d57f4359dd123c562c7a95600985756cf26e1e4f3115ec29993f2.jpg (696x785, 50K)

she's better than American VA's
and you're right, I said "good" and I meant "acceptable"

BotW references every Zelda game because the landmarks and locations are all named after things in the Zelda universe. EX: Mercay Island and Mikau Lake.

True enough, but those are just names on the map. I know it's cool references and all, but they're not mentioned by characters and no history is depicted behind those names (but of course Zelda veterans would know). That's why I put Ruto and Nabooru above, since they're directly referenced in the Zora's tablets, and by Urbosa.

Attached: 70914734_p7.png (1200x1600, 1.1M)

For the life of me, I can't find this anywhere. ZeldaPower used to have it on their site.