Vinland Saga 159

New chapter.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p001.png (1114x1600, 782K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/p4563z
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_trade_route
en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorkell_the_Tall
en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_Karlsefni
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p002.png (1114x1600, 727K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p003.png (1114x1600, 591K)

>Baltic Sea War (35)
>(35)

35 chapters
3 damn fucking years

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p004.png (1114x1600, 680K)

I missed last chapter. What happened?

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p005.png (1114x1600, 613K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p006.png (1114x1600, 645K)

Man why are we still at this fucking fort. I want merchant saga already

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p007.png (1114x1600, 592K)

Nice coat.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p008.png (1114x1600, 581K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p009.png (1114x1600, 672K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p010.png (1114x1600, 635K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p011.png (1114x1600, 694K)

Finally here on time for these threads.
Thanks Hox.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p012.png (1114x1600, 734K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p013.png (1114x1600, 568K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p014.png (1114x1600, 639K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p015.png (1114x1600, 496K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p016.png (1114x1600, 533K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p017.png (1114x1600, 621K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p018.png (1114x1600, 509K)

3 years and it's finally over
>reutrned

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p019.png (1114x1600, 529K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p020.png (1114x1600, 452K)

I hope Thorfinn doesn't completely pussy out.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p021.png (1114x1600, 479K)

Thorfin for a king!

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p022.png (1114x1600, 531K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p023.png (1114x1600, 614K)

I knew this was coming, but on the back of the three year slog to get here I can't help but feel like this is an unearned moment.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p024.png (1114x1600, 556K)

I M A G I N E

I want the crossbow girl to fuck him already. He took the life of her father, but he could give a life to her son.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p025.png (1114x1600, 701K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p026.png (1114x1600, 712K)

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p027.png (1114x1600, 564K)

Yeah but kid your grandpa is just gonna go senile, and drool into a cup without motivation now.

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p028.png (1114x1600, 521K)

beats being dead any day of the week

That happened the moment that ship left the harbor

I dont really know what to think of any of this.

Thorfinn is really cruel, breaking man's spirit and stealing the glory of Valhalla from him just like that.

That was so predictable.

>Thorkell doesn't murder the old man for killing his best friend and sworn brother
Fucking bullshit, I can get Thorfinn not doing it but god damn.

And here's the link for the chapter for those who want it: sendspace.com/file/p4563z

Attached: Vinland Saga c159 p029.png (1114x1600, 642K)

>wanting to mindlessly fight eternally as a dead man
In a way, Thorinn gave him the highest dishonor, yet also saved him

Thanks Hox!

He does not kill, but that's not to say he's merciful.

He didn't kill Askellad

Thank you.

Finally this arc that dragged wayy too long is over, please let us have comfy merchant saga at last.

>and they accept it just like that
looks credible

thanks for the dump fren

enjoy your new life of poorfaggotry and surviving raids, brat

you're a cool dude, thanks

>beats being dead any day of the week
Honestly? Sometimes I have my doubts.

Thanks for truckin' on, Hox. You bring us the best shit.

Well, what are they gonna do? Fight Thorkell about it?

The threat of Canute hunting them down seems a pretty good reason to do so.

Thank you hox

An order from King Canute via Thorkell seems difficult to reject. They can still join another group, it didn't tell them to quit fighting.

>Thorkell accepts it just like that
What is he going to do in a world without wars?

1. they'd have to fight not just Thorkell but also Thorfinn, and the Jomsvikings probably have more than a couple veterans who know how strong they are
2. Canute

>no war and fighting
Boooooringggg

Easy. Create a new war.

based hox, thanks mang

Imagine sacrificing your limbs, friends and home just to find out your new boss fired you.

he just found a toy that would keep him busy

Wasn't Thorfinn supposed to be trading elephant tusks or something?

Narwhale horns, but he git abducted into these shenanigans.

It's Narwhals horns.

If Thorfinn was okay with it, it would be old for Thorkell to be mad for him.

odd*

Thanks Hox

and then more innocent people died for the disbanded bands of those faggots pillaging around

Thanks Tohrfinn, you are the best

So, now what? Straight to Miklaagard, or with a break to visit Holmgard, which is on the way to it anyway?

He'll start another one on his own.

Thanks, Hox!

>anime is more CG garbage

Attached: 1464167797411.png (2048x1464, 2.2M)

so now Thorfinn can fuck the brunette and the blonde?

Thanks Hox

Yukimura is pushing hard for historical accuracy in his kung fu viking fantasy series when it comes to the Gurdrid thing in the latest chapters, unfortunately (Gurdrid at shit). It's obvious Sieg will just go back on his word and let her stay. I can see Hild fucking off too later when she realizes she has seen Thorffin's really changed.

This.

>fighting Thorkell and by extent the King of the Northern Seas
If ya got a death wish, sure.

You completely missed the point.

but in the original story do they all eventually die in america?

>Thorfin becomes king
>"Alright, everyone can go home. This kingdom is disbanded."

I had forgotten about Gurdrid's situation. Maybe she will go with Sieg now and join them again when they come back from Greece.

NTR o god no

Baltic warland saga

Bros... I wanna marry her so bad

Attached: VinlandSaga8-50.jpg (1544x1796, 1.33M)

>Not going for the superior choice.

Attached: vinland sipping 2.png (185x401, 29K)

>stealing the glory of Valhalla from him just like that.
Author's exposition of that one mook dying in battle to Thorkell shows that it's all a crock anyways, and living life for survival and peace like Thorfinn is what they're supposed to be aiming for (unless you're a battle-autist like Thorkell, in which life's a blast).

It says in the bottom of the last page () that next month's chapter will deal with the promise that Gudrid made to Sieg.

smolfin

>You lived long enough to see the end of the Baltic Sea War

We did it bros

Attached: 1415279599140.jpg (252x252, 42K)

>wanting to marry worst girl

Thanks, Hox.

Fucking trash, even a stinky runaway woman who discarted her feminity to become a hunter looks better than her, and Sieg's childhood friend looks like a norse goddess; what the hell was Yukimura thinking when he made the supposed canon wife-to-be so shit compared to literally everyone else.

Thanks Hox.

>tfw these past 3 years could have been spent on shenanigans with Viking mercenaries in Kievan Rus during the glorious reign of Yaroslav the Wise or in Byzantium during the golden age of Emperor Basil II

This arc was, though long, alright and all but man, the East offers so much more potential.

but it's probably easier to deal with disjointed bands rather than a big organized army

I REALLY fucking hate this girl cutting off hair trope

There was a focus on Sieg's face in the previous chapter when Thorffin casually hugged Gudrid tight and she blushed to hell and beyond, that's an obvious setup for Sieg to swallow his pride and just let her go, that's why I'm mad, the shit Gudrid route is completely set to go and nothing can stop it.

didn't she told him that she was going to marry him?

>the East offers so much more potential.
You say that now but it's going to take like 10 literal manga release years to just get rid of the fucking narwhal horns and back to the Nordic nations.

Yes that was the bargain Gudrid made a few chapters ago to make him cooperate, which will obviously be undone by Sieg soon.

It's CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and you are gonna like it.

>tfw there are real chances of returning to Iceland
But at what price?

Coming up next: merchant adventures in eastern Europe

Attached: vin15.png (184x197, 20K)

vinland never ever

Cheers mate!

I guess the next arc will take place in spain? Is it muslim time?!

Since when is Spain in Russia?

This chapter kinda sucked, probably cause it was too predictable and the pages/panels weren't all that moving. It doesn't even remotely compare to when Canute awakened from being a fuccboi or even when Thorfinn woke up from his farmer nightmares. It's just a weak finish.

Why would they go to Russia?

They are going to Greece through Eastern European rivers, why do you think they are in the Baltic if they are going from Iceland to Greece?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_trade_route

Because it's on the viking route to Constantinopolis?
Lake Ilmen, Holmgard (Novgorod), Dniestr, Miklaagard (Constantinopolis).
Sometimes the ship has to be turned into a sled, but viking longboats could sail rivers.

Didn't they just get sidelined in Norway because of the Jomsviking? Going Iceland->Baltic Sea->Russia->Black Sea->Constantinopel just seems like an overly complicated detour compared to coasting France.

The Eastern route through Russia is by far a much shorter and direct route due to the rivers.

Leif already confirmed that they are going through the eastern river route. They were already in the Baltic when they got drawn into the war in Denmark. I'm not sure if vikings would even know that you can reach Greece another way

No. In both the Sagas they have a kid in Vinland named Snorri and then go back home either to Greenland or Iceland depending on the Saga since the Natives were hostile as fuck. Snorri is considered the first white child to be born in America and later becomes a major player in the
Christianization of Iceland.

I hope Garm doesn't join the party

Garm will join Thorkell's party.

I'm not gonna say you should reconsider pacifism Thorfinn, but that IS a pretty sick cape.

It doesn't make much sense but I still think Thorkell is his dad. They have the same hair, same eyebrows and both have war autism

It's pretty clear he won't. He might return to pester Thorfinn, but he is fundamentally incompatible with Thorfinn and his little gang. This was made abundantly clear.

I really like Canute here. It's like how he looms in their imagination, more than how he actually is. The scatter effect makes it look like his cloak is the night sky. It shows that his plan is also working to an extent, he's corralled the Vikings.

Cute and canon.

Attached: GudridandSnorri.png (480x640, 525K)

Just chalk it up to tensei. They were probably related somewhere in their past lives.

So that's why Yukimura gave her the bowl cut.

This arc has felt weird, and bloated, and indulgent in comedy. I ever re-read some of the earlier bits during it and things felt so much more concise and impactful.

But this actually is a shining character moment for Thorfinn and I'm pleased we at least got that. Thanks as always Hox.

I like how Thorkell's hair right now is literally a bunch of scribbles.

Misse me lad Einar.

holy kek

She really has gotten progressively cuter since her debut.

Attached: 17.png (1114x1600, 517K)

I swear Thorkell gets bigger and bigger every chapter, even when Thorfinn was a kid their height difference wasn't this ridiculous.

Attached: file.png (800x1125, 848K)

As always based Hox.

Feels like this arc resolved way to fast. The war dragged on for quite some time. And it was resolved in a single chapter

I still love this manga but it's too slow.

He'll be fighting those who refuse to comply with orders, obviously not everyone is going to be happy and some will be stupid enough to get caught by Thorkell.

Why does everyone want to fuck Thorfinn?

So next chapter will deal with Gudrid and Sieg? Mostly likely it'll end with him telling her to do what she wants after remembering fatty's words. I mean in the end he doesn't even like her, the only reason he's chasing after her is because of "muh honor".

Attached: VinlandSaga1489359.jpg (728x1042, 202K)

>it's over
Finally, now to merchant saga

there's that, but there's also the fact most of them don't know what does he look like

I mean, just look at him

Thanks BASED HOX

Attached: x11.jpg (728x1036, 127K)

The only way to survive in a fight against Thorkell

Attached: 1497116749471.jpg (640x480, 37K)

You can't polish a turd till it becomes gold.

What's your beef with Gudrid?

rude

Attached: vin.jpg (992x1400, 360K)

>5’11 vs 6’0

Cool coat

Thanks

>poor
Chest of silver is pretty gud man

Thanks Hox. Always a pleasure.

Thx Hx

Attached: thork.png (536x517, 127K)

and there's a chance we'll finally get rid of Sig and his comic relief bunch and notLancer

Going around means open sea or hostile shorelines.
Going through the river route in Rus means using path Leif is already familiar with and which is used for that purpose by vikings and merchants of that area alike, and which goes through mostly friendly lands.
It's also a closer way than going around. And more historically accurate. Jomsborg was also correctly shown geographically. I would know, I live there.

There better be a good reason how Thorfin convinced Thorkell to do this. If it's some retarded thing like "Geez Thorkell why do you have an army don't you know that fighting against other armies is harder by yourself XD" and that was it i will be mad.

Despite the simplistic almost walking concept thing that Thorkell is as a character he is still a rational man as we've seen before. This arc was already bad but they not having a proper justification would be just ridiculous.

Attached: file.png (536x1050, 589K)

Karlsefni means "fair faced" or something like that. He is known for being pretty.

Sadly this wasn't even a Vagabond tier wait were it's good but just doesn't release it was an Hajime No Ippo tier wait were it was ok but it just doesn't fucking know when to stop.

Hopefuly things will pick up.

>The byname Karlsefni means "makings of a man" according to the preface of Magnus Magnusson and Hermann Pálsson, although the Cleasby-Vigfusson dictionary glosses it as "a thorough man", elaborated elsewhere as a "real man", a "sterling man".

>Implying the author won't insert a fanfic about Thorfinn finding atlantis or some shit.

Gotta stay out of focus lad, for some reason.

He has to convince his group to keep going first, though.

Thorkell was an interesting man. en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorkell_the_Tall

Correction
en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_Karlsefni
>The byname Karlsefni means "makings of a man" according to the preface of Magnus Magnusson and Hermann Pálsson,[1] although the Cleasby-Vigfusson dictionary glosses it as "a thorough man",[2] elaborated elsewhere as a "real man", a "sterling man".[3]

he cute.

Attached: file.png (1080x1263, 1.13M)

he's undergoing Andreification

Attached: Prison School summarized in a sentence.png (2254x1600, 1.47M)

I can't help but to think that Floki has made so many enemies along the way that he and his grandson aren't going to live for long after this.

So far he has kept the series grounded in reality. Even this can be explained with bad genetics

Attached: vin3.png (1114x1600, 655K)

the maid will steal it
and bandits will steal the boat

>Even this can be explained with bad genetics

>Tfw i'm 6'6 and hairy as fuck
Fuck you user.

Attached: 1533948630982.jpg (250x250, 12K)

actually, this tends to prove gigantification of characters and staling of a series are linked

I blame shitty editors desu. How the fuck can you let your author do a fucking 30+ chapter arc were about 6 things happen?

For perspective, the whole Young Thorfinn part was 70 something chapters.

Attached: file.png (223x300, 83K)

t. ymir

Maybe he was stalling for time while planning for future arcs. I'd imagine doing something like that was more feasible for the magazine and its editors than straight up going on hiatus.

Thanks Hox

Attached: comfy.jpg (409x409, 23K)

The prologue was 54 chapters

Even worse holy shit.

Based uncle

>tfw you get 20 years older in 10 minutes

At this rate we'll never get to Vinland. The kicker is that Thorfinn doesn't even stay there because the natives kept chimping out and constantly attacked his group. So he just impregnated Gudrid so their son could be born in this new land and then they all went home.

Bandits usually don't raid small fisher boats like this.

JUST

>when the arc is so bad that you can't wait to be back on the boat

at least it was fun

Anyway, thanks Hox

Why wouldn't they?

Attached: 028.png (988x1400, 412K)

You don't get him. What Baldr meant was, now since they don't need to fight anymore, he can offer raiders his boypussy instead as payment to not to harm them.

What did she mean by this?

Attached: vin25.jpg (1137x1600, 364K)

>y-you mean we're not gonna, like, pillage anything? no raiding? bro? dude...

Attached: 1553710896587.png (911x244, 174K)

"Make love, not war", indeed.

Attached: bromir stunned.png (561x585, 59K)

Thorfinn is a handsome lad. Though due to spending his adolescence as an autistic murder machine and then becoming a broken slave he has zero experience on how to romantically interact with women. Gudrid is going to have to get aggressive with him.

>I-I don't understand

Well he tried to warn them. Who would have thought being a merchant was this hard

Attached: vin26.jpg (1137x1600, 390K)

At least show us the fallout between the soldiers themselves, fuck my life. Guess chapters of Gram jumping around were more important than something actually interesting.

Give it a chapter. No way this goes over well with everyone

BASED Thorfin

How do you go from this

Attached: file.png (900x1200, 1.8M)

Yeah, Jomsborg isn't supposed to be destroyed until 1043

To this?

Is Thorkell Mode achievable natty?

Attached: file.png (620x962, 1.16M)

He got a masive war boner unde canute who would not let him go to battle

don't forget Sig's bunch running around hidden in barrels, this was super important too

>He got a masive boner unde canute
yeah I would too

Attached: vin13.jpg (729x424, 78K)

>you have to be our new boss
>ok
>everyone you are fired, take some money and gtfo of here
>now im going to travel the world

Will Rethardfinn at least take some money so they can circumvent the horn selling retardation?

I miss edgeland saga bros, give me back Askeladd and Edgefinn

Attached: historical battle manga.gif (699x511, 40K)

Iceland Saga
England Saga
Farmland Saga
Iceland Saga 2
Jomsborg Saga
And now upcoming Ryssland Saga

This whole arc was edgeland, you plebs provoked this.

Zombieland Saga when?

Attached: zombieland saga.jpg (1200x864, 524K)

No, Hildr crossbowblocked any killing or Thorfinn actually hurting somebody in a fight.

After Lappland Saga

Atlantis? You mean Doggerland Saga?

Rethardfinn stopped being a thing during long years of hard manual farming.

Romancing Saga when?

He wanted nothing to do with the Jomsvikings and yet he, his future wife and his friends got dragged into the shitfest. He has all the right to impose his demands and tell them to fuck off.

>Thorfinn being such a manlet

Thanks Hox!

Jomsvikings asked for this themselves. They have nobody else to blame.

I forgot how much good shit was in this arc when it started.

Attached: 0129-007.jpg (902x1300, 214K)

>6'0 vs 6'1
Jesus, Thorfin is such a manlet.

Attached: 0131-023.jpg (1114x1600, 466K)

Nah
Go fuck yourself

I didn't even remember that, just a blur of spearkid and comedic reliefs after comedic reliefs

why does baldr always look so cute, i want a taste of his sweet boipussy.

Make it shorter and remove Garm and it would be a fine mini-arc in the merchant saga

They imposed him to be the leader and he did

you have to remove all the Sig's party shenanigans too

They all fought, though because Thorkell wanted a war.
Avenging Vagn by killing Floki is also bullshit sinc Garm was the one who killed him and Thorkell just let him go.

Her the girl was just being forced to have sex with the Vikings. She likely assumed Thorfinn was the same and thought he would want something in return.

>I speedread manga
>I hate manga
Who knew

Then why is she so disappointed?

Attached: vin29.jpg (1137x1600, 354K)

She's a huge slut that enjoys the raping.

hahahaha

>angry waifu is impressed

>it was an Hajime No Ippo tier wait
An Ippo wait is when you have 5 chapters in a row that take up one second of in universe time each. I wouldn't say it was quite that bad

Attached: 2.jpg (157x243, 19K)

Has there been any news on Historie being updated or is it still on hiatus?

exactly there is no way this boat isn't getting raided, with floki killed, and the boy and women raped.

its a boat floating with literally free silver and pussy for the taking

Is there any proof Thorfinn got a lot taller in the first place? Wouldn't you have to check Thorfinn meeting Leif again pre-TS and to post-TS?

Well Thorkell's only opponent left would be Canute, if Thorkell decides to rebel. But since Thorkell doesn't care about being king, it'd mean he'd be doing it for incredibly petty reasons, no excuses whatsoever unlike before where the people he defects to at least offer to pay him or some shit. He also just managed to snag himself some werebear shitter so for daily dueling he's already good.

And then there's also the fact that Thorfinn is his nephew, and that Thorkell already lazily gave Thorfinn the seat of commander-in-chief. He'd be very fickle to cry at this point, and Thorkell has always been a rather carefree guy.

>It's a hiroshimoot becomes chieftain of Yea Forums and disbands it episode
>mfw

it also works with farmland saga and thank you hox

Attached: thank-you.jpg (1114x2837, 628K)

oh shit, I fucked up the transparency

Attached: thank-you.jpg (1114x2837, 627K)

Thanks Hox.

Sooo uh is Farm bro gay?
Also Thorfinn blushed when farm bro compliment him
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
ARE THEY GONNA FUCK?

Attached: Gay or Nah.jpg (920x610, 232K)

Why can't fujoshits understand real frienship?

That page is awful.
>you're so slow because you wear armor that protections you body
>*slashes but doesn't do any damage to armored viking*
>NA-
>*skull gets cleaved because bishie didn't wear a helmet*

>*slashes but doesn't do any damage to armored viking*
Why did you even enter this thread if you don't read the manga?

Ah yes, he kept taking down fully armored warriors with two kitchen knives and his twirling anime moves

Do you enjoy repeating yourself telling everyone you speed read over and over?

Next level is Prison School wait

>Baltic sea war
>Its finally over
Am i dreaming?

Attached: IMG_7179.jpg (425x800, 90K)

Thanks much.

Hild needed some blush marks.

Thorfin's dick belong to northern native american girls.

impressive that this guy is one of Thorfin' s descendants.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc

I'm a little sad Baldr didn't go with them. He and little Karli could get adopted by gurdrid and thorfinn. It would be cute.

I don't care if you leave the chieftain position and go back to the seas, just bring that coat with you

NO
TAKE THE COAT

you're quite stupid

Finally... i can re...s.....

Attached: 1492258076802.jpg (645x773, 87K)

>Gudrid gone
>Thorfinn going full emo about whether it was right to let her go
I want to go back to the war.

Not him but she's been nothing but trouble and not even good eye candy. I would rather read the manga with her completely removed.

This

she's Thorfinn's canon wife so too bad for you

Imagine living in those days and meeting someone who wasn't out for himself. This took place before religion came by to promise rewards in the afterlife for being good in life.

Thank you based Hox.

I'll laugh so hard if they end up falling victim to a raid and meeting Thorfinn's gang again in some Byzantine/Arab territory as slaves
Yukimura pls put your edge back on and make it happen

Doesn't mean she's not shit, shit eater.

>yfw raid happens and we see full on edge in all it's glory

Attached: 1495966763137.jpg (702x800, 59K)

Bitch, please. She has been the shining light in the manga for the past 5 years.
For a series built around violence and blood, things were looking dire when the main character, Thorfinn, turned into a giant pacifist during Farmland Saga. In stepped Gudrid to pick up the knife and rescue the series. She's the last of the main character's group to have stabbed anyone.
Now they're off on what should be a manly boating adventure, but instead Thorfinn is going all feminine and trying to raise someone else's kid. Meanwhile Gudrid has broken away from the female stereotype, cut her hair and beoame a fucking sailor.

She's an inspiration for all female characters stuck in shounen manga and will be the lasting highlight once it all wraps up.

Attached: Rose of Versailles - Gudrid.jpg (480x360, 32K)