Is the Overlord LN worth reading?

Is the Overlord LN worth reading?

Attached: 1552523333761.jpg (600x686, 93K)

ThNks doC

If you're interested in Overlord, it's definitely the way to go. More detail and world building, and no high school film class-tier cgi

From a literary perspective, most likely not.

Hello illiterate.

Attached: OL.png (1787x203, 122K)

Lol, overfags believe this

In my opinion, the writing style in Overlord is much more dry and repetitive (puppets, strings, etc) than the western fantasy classics like Tolkien. I've only read the translation but I doubt the original is that much better.
The worldbuilding is great though, as are Ainz's monologues and extra scenes and details about Nazarick, so it's worth for that at least.

It's a little bit better than most LN's out there. But that isn't a big compliment.

It's not as fucked up as most other English LNs out there, but it's still pretty mediocre and uninspired

>r-read my book!

Attached: 1525779551257.jpg (1000x1323, 316K)

Still no Neia doujins.

Attached: 1552505831153.jpg (750x990, 158K)

It's pretty fun, but its still a LN and confusing as fuck to follow.

Some of the keikaku moments are pretty great though. If you looking for something to read and waste a lot of time this is great for that. You don't have to worry about complex plots or deep characters. All you need is more "sasuga ainz sama"

Attached: 1533349724183.png (1305x714, 1.72M)

>It's not as awful as most western books out there but it's still pretty good and enjoyable
True.

still no news of volume 14?

Is an OP MC wank.

But one of the good ones.

The world and characters are interesting and you really get the sasuga moments with the depths is goes into the mind of the characters.

That said it can be confusing and is not in perfect chronological order given that some volumes shift the perspective to other characters, the intermisions to flesh out the ton of stuff happening almost simultaneously, and I think a volume was used to mostly flesh out what happened during a timeskip.

KEIKAKU 10,000 YEARS IN ADVANCE

Attached: pp1xqv3q3o1_640.jpg (640x640, 66K)

Anything good you've read?

>isekai LN
>good
Japaneses sucked at these kind of fantasy though. Lodoss War or Slayers are much better read but pale in comparison to even modern Western fantasy books.
Overlord is yet just another cliché-filled isekai trash. Don't believe whatever the fans tell you, there's not a single lick of creativity or genuine imagination goes into the worldbuilding as it is just another fantasy MMO world with races, levels and all the bullshit of the genre. To even compare it to Tolkien is like comparing a B movie to Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

If you like overlord go ahead its pretty good for a translated LN. The anime skipped a lot.

>isekai and LN BAD
>why? they BAD
Are you okay? did the japanese hurt you by showing you that the west has mediocre writing and cliches too?

LN is real fucking bad at classic fantasy, though. The whole RPG game mechanics ruined it.
The Japs are really better at making urban fantasy and chuuni science-fantasy, though. Super hero stories as well, as I felt even the cheapest tokusatsu has more genuine heroism and idealism befitting the genre than modern capeshit writing in the West.

>conquered empire in 3 days
>converted the dwarven kingdom into a literal factory for runecraft™
>the holy kingdom is in the process of worshiping
ainz as a god

Is there anything Ainz can't do?

Attached: SoBin.jpg (2048x1106, 2.29M)

Give us a coherent plot that isn't wacky papa bones adventures.

Bone the literal succubus throwing herself at him

is there an audiobook version I can listen to while I drive or work
I don't have the time to sit down and read a goddamn series of novels

Sasuga Ainz-Sama

THOT DEFENCES ON POINT

Attached: rvyex4p9i3e11.png (460x460, 184K)

But that's the best kind of plot.

You dont have to binge the whole goddamn thing like a lifeless weeb.
just get the pdf's on your phone

>vol 4 and 8

if I can't read or watch something entirely in one sitting I usually don't do it at all
I wait until shit stops airing to binge it
consuming media little bits at a time is lame

>Get pdf
>paste into google translate

Why is Neia so cute Yea Forums?

The gap moe of being a socially awkward cinnamon roll while having a resting deathglare

>Is x LN worth reading?
The answer is always not. The Overlord books are especially embarrassing in the way they try to present all that gaymer/chuuni shit seriously. The anime is more palatable since it glosses over some of the worst parts.

Attached: a considerable amount of cringe damage.png (935x566, 86K)

>socially awkward
She's not socially awkward at all. It was Ainz.

>Tolkien
>well written
I don't even need to know if it is written like Tolkien to laugh at that already.
Tolkien's stories are great but his writing style is atrocious.

>She's not socially awkward at all. It was Ainz.
Ainz was awkward hiding behind an Overlord persona.

Neia is not as bad, but it still kinda there.

I'm going to agree with this just because of how well written chapter 1 of volume 12 is.
Its a great example of character and world building which then instantly gets destroyed

Foresight were pretty cool, then they got George Martin'd