Katanas are superior due to folding

>katanas are superior due to folding
>longswords are weak due to casting
Are you shitting me?

Attached: 1445726081122.gif (424x240, 2.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo
youtube.com/watch?v=W8a7gpoSPbY
imgur.com/a/M0C3mSV
archive.org/details/manga_Seiken_no_Katanakaji
youtube.com/watch?v=bG_p3wMWddI
youtube.com/watch?v=uLLv8E2pWdk
youtube.com/watch?v=ppe4O1H4tIw
youtu.be/6Hasi-giZck
youtube.com/watch?v=kLyZJDIEdjY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This gif always pisses me off, but I'm not sure why.

Attached: 1533428293414.webm (848x480, 2.91M)

hey
they are MAGICALLY infused katanas in that anime
and the the other metal is piggy low carbon iron dumped into a mold
so if we use the anime and the anime alone for reference, it makes 6% sense and that should be enough for any of you faggots

>low carbon iron dumped into a mold
If you want to cast it it should be HIGH carbon iron. Cast iron has a higher carbon content than steel.

i got the impression that the smithies went cheap and didn't take the quality of their metals into consideration when doing casts but maybe thats the autism

I watched this a while back and got surprised you actually saw her tiddies.

FALSIFIED RAPE CLAIMS

Western swords were never cast. They were always forged.

I'm pretty sure bronze swords were cast. And I don't know much about iron swords, so I'm not sure about them.

But yeah, steel is forged.

>and the the other metal is piggy low carbon iron dumped into a mold

Yeah but why the fuck would you do that?

Not only does it produce a sword more suitable to fry food on than kill a man, it's WAY more expensive! Melting iron is HARD!

If you're going to melt your iron all the way to liquid, you might as well take that crucible steel and forge it normally, because you're sure as hell not going to waste all that valuable fuel to make a piece of shit blade that fails to a chink knife.

Attached: 1462038723318.png (843x1200, 295K)

Weebs BTFO

Even bronze swords were work hardened by hammering to produce a finer, harder edge.

Ancient iron is just poorly made steel; they didn't have the technology to get pure elemental iron, so they just kept whatever impurities were in their natural source in the metal, making it less reliable.

Folding iron is a primitive means of driving out those impurities, and results in a more consistent product.

Melting your iron down completely would allow impurities to rise to the surface and be skimmed off, resulting in a superior steel to folding.

EURO'D

Is this the /his/ thread?

Superioru Yuropian Sutiiru

No, we generally talk about retcons and what swords we'd most want to fuck.

Key points to remember. Japan had low quality iron ore to work with with lots of sulfur. The much praised folding process was simply a way to try and remove impurities and create a uniform steel or more likely high carbon iron.
The stories of legendary smiths were a product of most iron and steel being trash.

Fun to note that Scandinavia had the exact same problems with shitty native iron and came up with the same way to make the most of it like three hundred years before Japan did.

Basically. Nip swords were impressive relative to the materials they used, but nothing special otherwise.

It's a bit of a misconception that Japanese swords were mediocre or bad, they weren't.

They were good swords, well optimized for their purpose, and europeans who encountered them often praised their performance. But they did the same about Persian swords, and Hungarian swords, and Chinese swords.

The key difference between japanese swords and those of other places is not that they were better or worse in quality, it's that for the same quality, they were more expensive and time consuming to produce. Japanese stories of amazing, super powerful swords emerged because of their rarity and how difficult they were to get.

Bruh, drink responsible

>well optimized for their purpose
This is one of the major driving points of the misconception. Japanese swords are indeed shitty at being western swords - but this is because the manner and target of their cuts is entirely different. Whether you're slicing, slashing, thrusting, or chopping makes an enormous difference - as well as what armor (or lack thereof) you're attempting to penetrate.

So in which way katana is better than euro sword?
I guess it's lighter so you can swing easier and you are more mobile but that's it.

You have it exactly wrong. A katana is much heavier than a eurosword for it's length, which produces a very stout, stiff blade that resists bowing and bending. The differentially hardened forward edge can be made extremely sharp, and the long handle allows the user to control them very easily with two hands.

They aren't BETTER than cruciform arming swords, they're just different. In general, a katana would be better in the cut, an arming sword better in the maneuver.

Western swords have massive variety, though, and have gone through innovation and selection pressures on a massive scale. It's not really a fair comparison, the category of 'western sword' is too broad.

So, with that in mind, it's not like there aren't western swords that aren't optimized for the same purpsoe, and it's more reasonable to compare a katana to, say, a falchion. And while it's hard to say how good actual historical katanas would have been even in their supposed golden age, but I can't imagine that they were ever superior to a falchion made of good steel, even in their specialty.

not him, but was the main difference coming from the fact that every minor knight in westaboo world could just splash some cash for chainmail for his retinue, while weeabo world had only bamboo and leather to work with?

Except a Falchion is a very light maneuverable weapon intended for extreme close quarters fighting, and the Katana is a very heavy, two handed sword made for fighting in the middle distance.

The closest comparison I can get to a katana in europe is a messer, provided it was the proper length and weight.

The japanese had chainmail and used it frequently. But the primary armor in BOTH japan and europe wasn't mail, it was padded cloth.

DELET!

>9 years of this shit

I love it

Attached: Katana 2.gif (380x224, 869K)

Europe had higher quality steel that could be used as is without folding for the same effect, at least in the latter medieval perioid. Japanese steel was such low quality it had to be folded to reach good quality.

>not guaranteedreplies.gif
I'm disappointed.

>editing the video to try and win
pathetic you can clearly see that the sword that breaks the sword isn't shaped at all liked the katana

tbf he edited it quite well, just should have ended video immediately after the longsword breaks

Expanding on this, most european swords were primarily thrusting weapons, and their edges were used in a chopping motion as opposed to the slicing motion utilized by most curved swords. They were also often quite blunt relative to katanas, as they were intended to by driven perpendicularly into an opponent.

Against cloth and padded armor a katana would slice cleanly through and into the flesh, eliminating the cushioning effect and allowing the superior weight of the blade to carry through. Chopping attacks against cloth are limited by this cushioning in comparison - although nowhere near being negated. In contrast, both chopping and thrusting would be superior against any sort of metallic armor due to the inherent concussive force. And more importantly the low durability of a katana wouldn't fair well attempting to penetrate thick metals - which, along with their weight, is why they're less effective at parrying/blocking/deflecting. Unfortunately getting into any more detail would be overstepping my bounds - I'm far from an expert after all.

This might be a dumb question, but why have a sword as a sidearm when you could have a dagger for less money and still have an effective weapon?

Reach.

why not both?

Nobody going to mention how he is swinging the katana like it's a longsword? I'm not saying that it would have cut the longsword because let's be honest, you can't just cut metal like that. Longsword is good for hacking, trying to hack with a katana is painful to watch.

Noblemen like to demonstrate their nobleness to the peasantry. Its also means that you can beat someone that thought a knife was enough.

I don't want to be a shill, but it's pretty well explained here: youtube.com/watch?v=W8a7gpoSPbY
Also you should be comparing katanas with equivalent yurop single edged swords like falchions and messers, well made examples of which can match katana's performance while being a lot more durable.

NOOOOOOOOOO

Non of that is true

can we address the elephant in the room please? cecily is fucking adorable

congrats due, you hack like it and axe and just destroyed a thousand dollar katana,

What is it about meteoric iron that made it to much better to make sword in the ancient days?

she didn't deserve this.

I've seen this gif about a hundred times already and the only thing that makes me mad is her dumb fucking face

It's a pure iron-nickel alloy without any oxides. Removing all that oxygen from hematite or magnetite takes a lot of energy and requires advanced furnaces.

I could have sworn we had this exact same thread what? Two days ago? Why do you assholes keep talking about the same shit.

Other cultures also used pattern welded blades which were of good quality.

But it is time consuming and a load of effort.

As better furnaces came about and metallurgy was better understood - there was just simpler ways to make a good blade that did not involve ages of hammering layers of different grade metals together.

>thousand dollar
Pretty sure that's just some cheap imitation katana worth like 10 bucks.

or one of the aluminum ones they sell at anime cons

Why have bladed weapons when you could have a gun?

lets hope. what funny is everyone conpares these direct perpendicular combat durability tests, which is kinda dumb considering both blades are built and intended to be used in completely different styles. you'd have to have weilders of both styles and armors to see which will work better in a match up.

though to test cutting and breaking power. these people will likely die or get maimed in the process.

you don't need to reload a sword in close combat. why do you think modern armies still have melee weapons and knives?

guaranteedreplies.gif

The real question here is, who was best girl/boy?

If you're too close to shoot, you're too close.

thus the need for blades

>in close combat
What is this, 3000 B.C? In modern days every war is done from afar.

Lol, modern armies dont use knifes for combat and melee is performed with nades. If you need to reload then you reload or whip out your secondary

No such thing

If katana is so shit how well does it cut bones?
Is it another japanese fantasy that you can chop off hands and legs easly.

I think I'd cut off a person's limb if you swing with enough force.

>who was best girl/boy?
That's obvious.

Attached: The Sacred Blacksmith - v08 (2015) (Digital) (danke-Empire) - 151.jpg (4352x3056, 3.9M)

>Lol, modern armies dont use knifes for combat and melee is performed with nades. If you need to reload then you reload or whip out your secondary
and when that runs out? its anime, the fight is not going to be short

so no need for infantry if you cand jsut use missles

so cute...

> Single fulcrum vs. double fulcrum

if cut right, Kitana's are curved getting better psi, however, cut in an arc, you use the flex and edge for maximum cutting power. its the difference between a cut and a chop. kinda why the "tests" where people chop down perpendicular doesn't really mean anything, if like using a bayonet to cut meat and bitching about how bad it is for cooking, its not what its built for.

The Katana is the ultimate weapon designed for cutting peasants in half.
Historically speaking however, the Samurai were primarily archers.

or yarimen

>The Katana is the ultimate weapon designed for cutting peasants in half.
Is that really something you need to design for? Some longsword is good enough to kill unarmored enemies anyway while being more versatile.
With the katana I just have the feeling that it is specialized for something you don't need to be specialized for in the first place. Like a cook that's specialized into boiling potatoes and nothing else.

Killing unarmored enemies with a single strike seems like something you need to incorporate into your weapon design.
The Katana was a display piece and a tool to oppress the poor people.

War was waged with bows, spears and horses.

Wow, so amazing! The measure of a weapon must surely be dependent on how many unarmed non combatants it can slay and not, perhaps, how effective it is against real enemies.

>fodder background characters use european longswords and big one-handed axes as weapons
>all of them get absolutely BTFO'd by ladyboy with katana

It's deconstructing a common fantasy trope where swords are created by casting, showing that a real forged sword was indeed better. Because this was a Japanese series, the forged sword happened to be a katana, and the cast swords were western looking, so westerners lost their shit over it.

This annoys me so much, why are Katana skills in games have ridiculous armour ignoring abilities? Motherfucker Tsubame Gaeshi shouldn't give me Super Armour AND Armour Ignoring.

>when you kill your story by raping your cute MC, making her an impure whore in the process

Attached: 1546699746820.png (533x766, 228K)

What game?

This
Spears were better than swords in nearly every single situation. They have longer reach, are cheaper to make, and require less training to use.

Bows are better than swords during a battle. They can be mass produced easily, can be fired from a safe distance, and can be mass volleyed to inflict huge damage to enemy soldiers from far away.

Meanwhile a katana costs a lot of money, has to be sharpened regularly, has to be cleaned regularly, is hard to make, and can only be used in close quarters combat against other sword users. Katanas are memes. One of the most legendary warlords of japan, Honda Tadakatsu, used a spear in battle. His spear was almost as famous as he was. Meanwhile his katana saw little to no use and was only there as a status symbol.

When emperor Maiji banned samurai from carrying swords, he didn't do it because they were dangerous; he did it to de-power the samurai class and remove them from relevance in the political playing field.

C O P E !
O
P
E
!

I don't get your point. You must realize that since katanas aren't from hardened steel it forces the wielder to practice with it and create techniques that AVOID hardened steel. Therefore there never will be any contact between swords since the skilled katana wielder strikes the body directly instead of medieval sword clashing.

too be fair, she is still her sweet self even afterwards, just needed to heal.

Reminder that she got raped and impregnated with a rape baby before the author backtracked on it

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

Katanas are pretty cool and all, but I prefer girly weapons like the naginata

Man haven't read this in years. Whatever happened in the manga? Kinda got disinterested when girl suddenly becomes stronger than nippon dude

the point is that no matter the technique the user is using there is no way in hell a katana can cut through like OP gif above.

>like OP gif
That's literally magical katana

Naginata is based

>making her an impure whore
Nice priorities.

>girls gets raped
>this makes her an impure whore
So this is your brain on purityfaggotry

spear > any sword you can imagine

Spears throughout history have been the go to weapon with swords only being a backup or used for when traveling. A spear user would fuck up a sword user 99.9% of the time.

Attached: 7FD29F57-602E-43A1-B0ED-0C9F01B566F9.jpg (2092x1240, 671K)

magical japanese steel can't prevent rape

>B-BUT SHE WASN’T RAPED, PLEASE BUY MY SERIES

Anyone who believes katanas are superior to longswords is unironically a delusional weeb

were spears banned?

Reminder that that "retcon" shit was fake news some faggot made up in 2011. Cecily was only molested, Siegfried was always impotent, and there was never any actual rape.
Here's a light novel scan proving that no rape occured: imgur.com/a/M0C3mSV
inb4 "b-but there was a reprint!", there wasn't, that scan is the "original" print.

>when you kill your story
It didn't kill anything. It happened in an early LN volume and there were 13 volumes after that. Clearly it did not kill the story.

Purityfags are a blight.

Reminder that danke ripped the last volume back in 2017

archive.org/details/manga_Seiken_no_Katanakaji

She threw up after she woke up. That's a sign of pregnancy

>The Katana was a display piece and a tool to oppress the poor people.

Except the Katana appeared during the Muromachi period that the Sengoku period is part of, meaning it was a weapon that appeared during a period of war or just previous to it.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard about this yet. That's not how pregnancy works.

So dude dies and Cecily and him have 2 kids? Reminds me of Mahou Shojou the end

Based weapon triangleman. I'm more of a hammer and axe man.

Attached: Sword_Art_Online_ME02_029.jpg (906x1300, 651K)

That's correct. Though, the last light novel volume apparently goes into far more detail about what happened after the ending than the manga did.

Was this his original LN design?

Could also be because she was, you know, raped?

Alright thanks dude. Wasn't planning on reading it anyway since manga quality has always been eh and was basically katana wank

That stupid fucking face she makes is probably it. She is a terrible MC and that show was fucking retarded. I watched it when the majority of what I watched was ecchi garbage and even then it stood out to me as being a particularly terrible show.

It wasn't really katana wank outside of a few times that katana forging was talked about. Most of the time was spent dealing with demon swords, demon attacks, and sacrifices.

>She is a terrible MC

The anime was a crap adaptation that rewrote her to make her seem weaker. She was a great MC in the manga and light novel.

>only european in the game
>literally invincible to your katana due to plate armor
>uses half-swording and does massive damage
Finally, a realistic depiction of east vs west

Attached: Robert.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Or because being beaten and molested was still quite traumatic enough to make anyone throw up, much less someone who was still suffering from a hangover from the day before.

No, it's a sign of a penis having cummed inside all your holes after plumbing your impure whore depths for hours on end

Attached: 1540260306431.jpg (600x510, 41K)

Good thing that didn't happen.

It's called morning sickness. women throw up when the inseminated egg implants itself in the womb aka pregnancy

Except only a few minutes pass during the whole ordeal, ignoring the fact that she wasn't even raped in the first place. The other fact is that Siegfried is canonically unable to have children due to his half-demon physiology causing him to be sterile on top of his impotence and asexuality.

Actually a shitty one would have shattered clean rather than bending. Wallhangers are mono(pot)steel and usually brittle. The fact it bent means it had a soft core.

>Plebeian
Katana
>Contrarian
Longsword
>Patrician
Sabre

Attached: 508353881.jpg (1164x672, 262K)

>comparing a katana to arming swords
The katana is just a shortened version of a cavalry sword that stuck around for cultural reasons first and foremost. Compare it to sabers if anything.

>a scan of the light novel is posted proving that it wasn't rape
>Yea Forums still tries to argue it's rape anyway
sasuga

youtube.com/watch?v=bG_p3wMWddI

Attached: 84b5a4fc9d95aa4f0cb2b5d23ac0afe463dffc20_hq.jpg (656x480, 43K)

Why would she throw up then?

>raping your cute MC, making her an impure whore
You as well as the Japanese audience are the cancer of the universe.

Disgust. Fuck dude, morning sickness doesn't start until months into a pregnancy when the fetus starts fucking with the mother's hormones. Hell, implantation itself doesn't even take place the same day you fuck.

See
Feeling nausea and throwing up is a natural reaction for someone who was traumatized. Not being rape doesn't make it not traumatic.

People often vomit when they're nervous or traumatized. Some performers throw up before going on stage because muh public speaking.

>chink is a turbo-manlet next to him
Accurate

this

>Sabre
Surely you meant claymore?

Seiba a best?

She was raped and she threw up because she was disgusted with all the semen in her.
The impotent guy was a copout, stop defending this ntr garbage.

You have literally have no proof that ever happened. It's already been proven that Siegfried was impotent right from the beginning in the light novel.

Stop talking out of your ass and stop pushing your retard headcanon.

This, clamp the katana and it'd be the longsword which comes off worse.
Regardless they're just both differenty produced sharpened metal sticks that are completely irrelevant to combat nowadays.

yes and no, depending on the school the blade is sometimes used to parry (I have only some experience with iaido, don't know if other martial art use completely different tecniques)

Wasn't rape, she's still pure.

>29
>looks like he is 40
Japan, man.

>morning sickness begins immediately upon conception
Virgin kun pls

There is one more euro in the game.

Attached: Chained-Ogre.jpg (1200x675, 109K)

How did Manglobe fuck up this adaptation so badly?

The real autism is that iron and steel broadswords weren't casted at all. You do that and you get a lump of unbalanced metal that's just in the shape of a sword and is likely to break due to concentrations of impurities/weaknesses in the material.

everybody ages faster when they're faced with military campaigns or live combat

>game set in 15th century
>has an american in it
???

America lives in your head rent free. We were and still pioneers

Morning sickness doesn’t happen until 5-6 weeks after conception

The ogres are Dutch.

> t brainlet

>Spears throughout history have been the go to weapon with swords only being a backup or used for when traveling. A spear user would fuck up a sword user 99.9% of the time.

Spears are great in formation.
Spears out absolute shit outside an formation.

This is, was and always will be true. The reason swords are popular is because unlike any other weapon they are highly versatile but there are actually tons a weapons that are better than swords at the task they were actually designed for.

Just look at Pic related. These pointy bois for example helped a bunch of peasants fuck up heavy french cavalry so hard that the french had to rethink their use of cavalry.

Attached: HighTechAntiKnightWeaponry.jpg (1024x1024, 111K)

Rent free.

She got raped, the villain literally came inside her and sadly due to the outrage nips had the author had to retcon that, because it was the only interesting thing tha it ever had.

Stop making these retarded exaggerations

youtube.com/watch?v=uLLv8E2pWdk

Spear user can win sword and sword can beat spears.

>the villain literally came inside her and sadly due to the outrage nips had the author had to retcon that
That's been proven false already. You can go look on 2ch archive and on the author's blog, and you'll find no mentions of an 'outrage' anywhere. There literally was never rape, stop pushing this headcanon.

>because it was the only interesting thing tha it ever had.
Clearly, you did not read it.

adamantly defending this trash is just sad

I accept your concession.

Status, which was really the point of having a sword in everyday life

>she totally got raped and the author had to retcon it!
>Source: Dude trust me

Every fucking time

Have you tried reading the posts you are actually replying to you autistic sperg?

Also
>Lindy as proof
Is this bait?

>muh bashing and smashing like a barbarian lol katana sucks
katana is the noble weapon of skill, you attack the vitals like exposed neck and veins.
Spears are shit head on which is why they need massive formations with shield and barrages to be effective.
youtube.com/watch?v=ppe4O1H4tIw

Attached: Toji.webm (424x240, 2.69M)

> brainlet weeabo detected

Because it's the insistence of lying to your general viewer despite mass, density, sharpness, the arm swinging it and actual material being a colossal issue to it being anything other than horse shit.

Japanese steel is fucking weak to begin with, that's why they fold it to begin with. It doesn't make it on par with a western blade which has everything else going for it.

MUH GLORIOUS NIPPON is cancerous and a disgusting fallacy to teach your kids to be proud in without ever letting them think for themselves.

Autism. This was a goddamn fantasy series with swords literally made from magic material. Only retards would even think this reflected real life swords in any way.

Spearfag I assume?
>dodge long simple strike
>cut in half with katana

Wood is actually surprisingly hard to break as a weapon shaft. Have you ever tried to chop wood sideways? Sure it's softer than iron, but it should last for a battle.

>trying to cut a sharpened bar of metal with another sharpened bar of metal in a single stroke
Of course it's ridiculous. Stabilizing one of the two sharpened metal bars in a vice is also ridiculous.

>getting this riled about Japanese Cartoon glorying Japanese culture in a fantasy setting

Only works that way in the movies. Longer spear is very big advantage.

Is the LN still not translated? How much of the LN does the manga cover?

these threads are my favorite
so many retards here who watched some movies and animes and think they know martial arts now

Attached: The Finals in the Open Longsword Tournament at the VHG 2018 no sound.webm (852x480, 2.8M)

>muh spears are superior
>Rome conquered its huge empire with a short sword and destroying countless spearfag armies in the process
Explain this.

Man they should've gone with this design

That was an excellent confession scene.

you might be retarded, you should check yourself

But rome used spears as a main weapon... everyone did...
You brainlet

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day

Attached: kairoseijuro.jpg (636x333, 45K)

I'm a blacksmith and I do a little bladesmithing on the side. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Attached: Senor Tihler.jpg (760x760, 104K)

Chinese had two main one-handed bladed weapons: curved dao and straight double-edged jian.
The opinion was that Jian required more skill to master than Dao.
This means that Japanese samurai were less skilled than those that use straight swords.

but user, forged structures generally have better properties than cast structures. In casting you get randomly aligned grains, in forging you get aligned grains. However, it is worth noting that the purpose of folding is to remove impurities from the steel, because they didn't have very good iron ore deposits. European steel didn't have this problem and really is much better. Also the sword getting cut through in the gif is made of lead.

Attached: image_thumb.png (241x339, 59K)

The manga covers most of the LN except for some parts that were skipped. Most notably, volumes 6,7, and 8 were skipped and some parts were condensed into volume 9's events.
And no, the LN doesn't have an English translation but I might try doing one myself one day.

superior European swords

Attached: swordmanship.jpg (1024x1280, 299K)

do you suck dicks?

Aria best sword.

>so many retards here who watched some movies and animes and think they know martial arts now
There is basically none left who are like this in Yea Forums of all places, threads like these happen almost every week with the exact same gif being reposted.

Just wait a little and someone will make a long post about plate armor.

Attached: k is now triggered.gif (384x288, 2.61M)

Rice dick cuts wh*te dick in half. Take that waito piggu!

RIP Aria, the new one just wasn't the same

>Spears are great in formation.
>Spears out absolute shit outside an formation.
Say this to anyone who's ever fought against a spear with a sword and he'll call you an idiot. Swords were popular because they were versatile sidearms and self-defense weapons you could carry anywhere without them being too uncomfortable. A relatively short polearm (not an xbox hueg battlefield one) or one-handed sword + large shield would give you better chances in a fight, but nobody would want to carry them around except when expecting a fight, which would be primarily duels and battlefields.

Attached: fiori.webm (720x405, 1.93M)

>sword beats axe
how does that even work irl

Delete or I'll need a to eat lot of riceballs tonight to feel better.

idk but it works in fire emblem

thats what im talking about
I wanna know if a sword would beat an axe irl

Was she looking for her contact lenses?

Attached: 1551461555732.jpg (385x385, 24K)

It didn't save him from the sea. One thing he could not cut down.

Ahah, they are "different"... Yeah, they are good to slice the boody of someone wearing a glorified wood armor and nothing more... shitty weapons, shitty defenses, they were good only for gooks civil wars.

man you're a fuckin retard

FE triangle is bullshit. Spears should beat everything except large shields, which royally mess them up. Axes have a better shot at getting past shields than other one-handed weapons, but otherwise lose to swords.

your shiny depiction of animes of pedophiles convinced me

Yes, OP. They are indeed shitting you.

Go to wikipedia and read the history of the Gladium

youtu.be/6Hasi-giZck

what carbon %-age does blade steel typically have? What's the range between impractically brittle and too soft?

Rape and plunder, count me in

Oh no no no

>that part where she get's diddled by eunuch

Attached: 1550777760338.gif (245x230, 871K)

>FeMC gets raped
Picked up

Almost. But not quite.

Boring. Dropped.

Good. Rapefags can go back to Goblin Slayer.

where is your god now?

She was "raped" by the backlash of purityfags was so wild that author had to retcon in into "humillation". He even made the bad guy impotent later to justify that he couldn't rape her.

There's actually no proof that happened. People searched for proof for years and never found anything. And Siegfried was impotent from the get-go, mentioned in the same scene that the "rape" occurred.

See

Shouldn't the top part of the sword still hit her?

Attached: superior dragon genes.jpg (862x806, 122K)

BASED

Theres also no proof of the modification or whatever it had.

>longswords are weak due to casting
besides bronze-swords, iron-swords were never casted

>be european knight
>full plate armor with no gaps
>see a mf in bathrobe with a shitty sword
>he strikes your body but can't even dent your plate
>you make a big slash with your big dick sword you got at 1/10th the price he did
>he can't evade so he blocks
>his sword breaks but doesn't stop yours
>cut him in half

>katana
But they're elven not japanese.

lol

>blade is sometimes used to parry
you always use any part of the blade you can to parry
>oh no my edge is gonna get damaged, better not block it

It's been a while since I've seen a guaranteed replies thread

>probably not that effective but at least it’s suave as fuck
Rapier

Is Damascus steel the best material for swords?

Attached: swords.jpg (459x668, 70K)

>fag weapon
lmao

no, and damasucus steel isn't a thing anymore, you are thinking about pattern welded steel

Is it true the Japs lost WW2 on purpose?

Attached: 13.png (1125x1600, 537K)

It's still pretty retarded to think a sword could cleanly cleave through another sword like that.

How did you get started as a blacksmith?

Yes it is all part of a five-step world domination plan, they almost done with the third phase where everyone has been brainwashed by anime, all that's left is to ressurect emperor Hirohito in the fourth phase and actually dominate the world on the fifth.

Is that Arachnid?

There is some magic involved.

THAT'S A LOT OF SHIT YOU STACKED THERE SOLDIER! SHOW ME YOUR BTFO FACE

Attached: 43248455.png (1695x2302, 1.21M)

Historical accuracy is rare to see

damascus steel is most likely worse than modern steel

>Spears are shit head on which is why they need massive formations with shield and barrages to be effective.
I think any HEMA would be mad as fuck if they ever head you saying that. Even Japanese knew how strong polearms are.

... so story wise what for be the point of raping her? where would that advance the plot?

I don't think you know what that is

That's a pretty based design

>take two random cheap replicas from the market to test against each other
>one of them turns out to be absolutele shit
The only thing blown the fuck out was Discovery's credibility. Not that it wasn't blown the fuck out years ago.

Did the story last until a real conclusion or did it die in the middle?

Attached: katana cutting katana.webm (853x480, 757K)

It showed Siegfried's true colors, and the bit about him being impotent was to show that something was off about him.

It got a proper ending in 16th volume. The manga had the same ending but a lot of details were not shown.

Attached: The Sacred Blacksmith - c061x1 (v10) - p144 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire]{r2}.jpg (2176x3056, 3.15M)

yeah but... there are MANY ways to show a character being scum. also why was is cilcly who needed to be raped?

>kinda dumb considering both blades are built and intended to be used in completely different styles
For fuck's sake, both of them are meant to stab and cut people. At the end of the day, that's all they are meant for. You can get all autistic about semantics and ideals for as long as you want but warfare isn't so cute as to care about your "style", at the end of the day you just want something that will do fucking damage to whatever you're swinging it at.

>yeah but... there are MANY ways to show a character being scum
He could also kick a puppy and burn a rabbit farm.

To be honest, I think it should have just stopped at him beating her up, the stripping her and groping of her seemed like it was trying to tease rapefags.

so that's why it happened like that?

so basically a really heavy sword and a light sword can be handled the exact same way with no problems?

it doesn't HAVE to be rape, but it doesn't have to rape of the main character either, unless this was part of some greater arc and it HAD to happen to her.

I'd love to cuddle longsword

Just because the mc of ryse son of rome uses one. Doesn't mean every fucking one use them.

>tfw bikini armor triggered everyone back in the day

Swords have lots of pluses. Reach is nice. Can be used on horseback. They're versatile things.

As good as spears are, there were tons of times where spears were dropped, broke or something else and everyone who was worth a damn brought out a sidearm.

Reminder that Jians and Daos have style.

Attached: CHINESE_SWORD_JIAN_1-800x800.jpg (800x800, 76K)

>Wut is armor

You're literally so dumb. The first weapon a Samurai reached for wasn't a Katana, but a SPEAR. Your entire perspective on weapons is basically sourced by anime, a 2D fictional medium. In actual reality, something you might understand a bit more of if you pick up a book, it's just a historical fact that polearms, spears, hammers, bows, and my dick were superior to shitty katana's in 9/10 situations.

The Gentleman and General of All Weapons, respectively.
Add the Grandfather and the King and you're all set.

Nah. Spears evolved to become bayonets as part of guns, which now had ranged killing powers.

Attached: The Sacred Blacksmith - c059 (v10) - p094 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire]{r2}.jpg (2176x3056, 3.31M)

I don't think the US felt inferior about that.

>Sacred Swords Smith

It's a magicky sword, mate. Also reminder that the manga ended and you should read it.

Is it true that she married Luke in the end?
Last thing I remember from the manga is that he was going blind.

Trained swordsman are more flexible in different situations. Even during the age of super long pikes , skilled swordsmen were sent to disrupt their formations. Axmen are more for shocktroopers and require very little training, much like spearmen.

Chinese cartoon country also made more and better quality swords, long before nippon manlets stole glorious china number 1's swordsmithing tech.

Both nippon and coreas lacked iron mines. Most of their soldiers used wooden sticks as their primary weapon for decades.

>Bows are better than swords during a battle
No, bows still require quite a bit of training even for wimpy shortbows which can't pierce any type of armor at all. Crossbows were the real game changer for long range combat.

You should go finish reading it, Seven Seas finished translating the last few volumes.

Yeah, I should do that.
I remember reading CXC Scans' translations many years ago and then dropping the series because it got licensed.

Yes, the emperor lived, war criminals pardoned, the army was kept strong and the US couldn’t take advantage of occupying japan.

Is there a more iconic scene in anime?

Iconic? No
Scene that always Guarantees replies? Yes

Source? Doesn't look credible

How so? A real katana has a hardened, steel edge and an iron core. If you hit it hard against something like another sword's edge, your own edge might chip to the point where your sword loses structural integrity and bends.
What should be kept in mind however is that something like this would never happen in actual battle because nobody would hold his sword tightly secured like this but would instead immediately give in.

Attached: 1540157998126.jpg (535x150, 22K)

>make katana out of hard materials
>cuts through armor

Damn nigga that's the dumbest shit I've read in one of these threads.
>Therefore there never will be any contact between swords since the skilled katana wielder strikes the body directly instead of medieval sword clashing.
You know that japs had shields, right?

>people bitching about purityfags on fucking 4chins
Go back to tumblr, you garbage.

Katanas are actually heavier than your standard arming sword. Even the huge euro swords weren't actually that heavy.

>most european swords were primarily thrusting weapons
What are you on? European swords were typically made so that they could slash, chop and thrust all in one.
>They were also often quite blunt relative to katanas
Blatantly untrue.
>Against cloth and padded armor a katana would slice cleanly through and into the flesh, eliminating the cushioning effect and allowing the superior weight of the blade to carry through.
A katana is not cleaving through gambeson.

Because if you have the money for the sword, you can probably also afford a dagger to go with it. A sword is an effective weapon when in civilian clothing, whereas a dagger is limited.

Plus, with a sword and a dagger you can also use the dagger to parry.

No, that's Beheading Baboon

Don't forget that there were other japanese swords.

Cool, but... can your sword do this?
youtube.com/watch?v=kLyZJDIEdjY

This.

This.

t. muslim

Are you retarded
They are wielded in completely different ways and completely different circumstances, against vastly different armor, with a different history of sword fights influencing war in general. You fucking dumbass.

>muh reach

They used the Ulfberht which was crafted by German wizards. Japs didn’t have the Aryan advantage

Not the guy you're talking to but you're exaggerating. In terms of wielding the weapons European swordsmanship and Japanese swordsmanship isn't actually that different. When it comes to armour, the Japanese had armour that was roughly comparable to what most of Europe had throughout the 14th century, i.e. mail armour that was reinforced with metal plates. And the basic principle of fighting men in armour was similar too, meaning that you're cut them where the armour didn't cover, try to stab them through the gaps, etc.

Attached: 1526530805832.jpg (617x926, 110K)

>NUKES ARE BAD POOR NIPS
>I SPIT ON MY COUNTRY FOR KILLING INNOCENT NIPS