Hajime no Ippo

New chapter is out! Ippo reminisces with his pupils about his amazing second.

KUSOO PUNCH HARDER YAMATO DAMASHII

Attached: yamatodamashiii.png (796x579, 429K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NI4OwLYF1pM
youtube.com/watch?v=0vbuobfmBgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like mashiba sensed Iga was going to do a white fang type combo. Suspect mori is going to write some asspull victory for Iga now

in b4 Mashiba jobs

YOU NEED MORE OXYGEN! MORE OXYGEN IN YOUR LUNGS! YAMATO DAMASHII! OXYGEN AND FIGHTING SPIRIT!
>internal dialog: Ippo's face looks like a slab of ground beef and I just saw a chunk of his brain fly out of his ear, maybe I should throw in the towel... but I can tell he still has fighting spirit

is this worth reading if you like boxing, or is it just more shitty japwank

Read it till Ippo become japan champion
after it become very retarded (not only Ippo)

Some of the title defenses are good though. Especially the one where the guy was BEGGING for the Dempsey but Ippo was just styling on him.
And I'd even argue Scratch J was fine, it's just Marco and especially Woli are dumpster fire matches

Ippo should be doing 360 Dempsey rolls by now, not this bald coaching garbage. What a fucking waste of potential.

>I just saw a chunk of his brain fly out of his ear, maybe I should throw in the towel...

Attached: 1468281821291.jpg (136x152, 16K)

Read Ashita no Joe instead, it does every plot arc/beat Ippo does better, and in only 160 chapters.

It's actually really good - one of my favorite series - at least up until chapter 500 or so. The thing is that we are another 500 chapters past that now.

Although George releases chapters fairly regularly, he's still managed to cram so much plodding and nothingness into them for the last 5-10 years that Berserk levels of bitterness are beginning to set in.

You probably want to watch the anime first and then continue on with the manga. It's a rather good and lovingly made adaptation with a kickass soundtrack!

Also, plebbit spacing. So sue me.

It's concerning we've yet to see one of the three weaknesses so far and we're 5 chapters into what I was hoping is a squash match.

>squash match
user, have we been reading the same manga?

Attached: unsure.png (274x229, 60K)

Woli match was awesome, if you dislike Ippo as a MC

But by that logic you should hate the manga because of Ippo's asspull win.
Hell I LIKE Ippo apart from his awful relationship with Kumi and even *I* it was an asspull

*Hate the fight
*Even *I* hate the match ending
Fuck being sick

Yes, yes wrestler term I know.
But there have been squashes in Ippo before.
Hell even Ippo low-no diffed some guys.
Maybe I just don't care about this Iga+Maroon shit enough to think about this as a real fight

Attached: Bill-Cosby.jpg (798x420, 18K)

no one cares about Iga

Remember when Ippo was good?

Attached: advancing.webm (640x480, 2.94M)

Honestly it COULD be good again if Morikawa stopped padding shit out

It was Kimura's fish attack

YOU GOTTA USE YOUR OXYGEN TOE!

When was the last time Ippo used boxing to defeat his opponent? Karasawa?

Yes,

Now that the dust has settled what was the best opening/ending/song?

youtube.com/watch?v=NI4OwLYF1pM

but

youtube.com/watch?v=0vbuobfmBgE

is cool too

From all the fights that we did not want to see he had to show us the one we wanted to see the least.
Litteraly who the fuck cares about mashiba at this point.
He won titles off screen and nearly jobbed to god damn kimura.
This manga has been stalling for so long with pointless chapters but even now I had hope to see some interesting bouts even if not for ippo.
Like seeing sendo face off the 2nd world ranked, Takamura moving up the ladder closer to heavy weight world champion, hell even itagaki going for another japan belt shot would've been more interesting than fucking mashiba.

I find that fight hilarious because I started reading HnI at about that time, and seeing a braindead YAMATO TAMASHII GATTSU GATTSU STRAIGHT FORWARD SPIRIT MC get his face repeatedly smashed was incredibly gratifying.

But yes, the asspull was dumb, although I didn't mind it so much because the fight literally went on for months.

I still cant tell what Mori is doing with this fight. If Iga wins where does he go from there? Aoki has no chance against him and there is no reason for Iga to be in the series anymore. Mashiba wins, there could be some developement for Iga and Maron, but Aoki still cant do anything against him. There are no characters who could avenge Aoki and Mashiba anyway, Kimura is no better than Aoki even if he moved up to lightweight and Ippo has no business with Iga, not to mention he is way too small to go up two weight classes

So when is the chapter where Ippo decides to retire from being a trainer and re-re-decides to retire from boxing, grows a mustache, and opens a pizza shop only to realize that he knows nothing about making pizza?