HnK chaptor 77 Authentication

Whole thing is out on mangadex.
Starting new thread because previous thread is stale.

Attached: B2.png (1114x1600, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17679203
twitter.com/pemprika/status/1094384704051003393
buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=319
youtube.com/watch?v=C7STUe7IIgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You started with the wrong page.

Dump

Attached: 1524216351351.png (1114x1600, 772K)

Attached: 1539696929060.png (1114x1600, 960K)

Attached: 1531540620442.png (1114x1600, 1.25M)

>moon is filled with roasties, NEETs and nerds unable to pass on
Fitting, really.

Attached: 1544467930244.png (1114x1600, 1.44M)

Attached: 1547709970423.png (1114x1600, 1.26M)

Attached: 1541534310040.png (1114x1600, 1.23M)

Attached: 1522105430710.png (1114x1600, 1.01M)

Attached: 1553462437386.png (1114x1600, 1.03M)

>2000% mad

Attached: 1527465967221.png (1114x1600, 1.39M)

Attached: 1539257649020.png (1114x1600, 744K)

Attached: 1543813427049.png (1114x1600, 468K)

Who's the sadako looking gem here?

Attached: 1526339832289.png (1114x1600, 1.08M)

Attached: 1537173215580.png (1114x1600, 558K)

Attached: 1528223086929.png (1114x1600, 236K)

Attached: 1542875175430.png (1114x1600, 483K)

Attached: 1532348424820.png (1114x1600, 1.26M)

Attached: 1545508898961.png (1114x1600, 708K)

Attached: 1549786798618.png (1114x1600, 357K)

Attached: 1547737936473.png (1114x1600, 570K)

Praying's gonna be some kind of super nuke.

Attached: 1553079616312.png (1114x1600, 1.61M)

For gods sakes, is it love? Is love holding him back?

and done.
At least Phos leg is okay.

Attached: 1536116496453.png (554x790, 1.07M)

mmmmmm, delicious suffering

Goddamnit.
OK speculation time. What is the bug that caused Sensei's runtime error?

maybe moonies managed to get a snapshot of a bluescreen code or something.

Maybe Phos isn't a human yet.

Maybe praying would cause all 3 races to pass on not just lunarians?
He's too attached to the gems and can't let them go

He could never pray to begin with and is really supposed to be doing something else, like turning something into a human. It will be interesting to see how the lunarians interpret it, since they seemed to know a bit about how Sensei works despite not ever getting past his authenticaiton.

Is the now yandere bitch Rutile.

Does anyone even like the Earth Gems? They're just bitches at this point.

I think there's simply some prerequisite for a prayer to work that's outside of his control

Why doesn’t Kongo just tell the lunarians that he is defective?

It would literally solve the conflict

They literally know this

And why don’t they abduct Kongo himself? Because he’s too strong?

Yes

Their spirits changed so sensei needs an update to spirit them away.
More realistically speaking, the moon people probably need to let go of regret or attain peace of mind of sorts before they can pass on.

Should we assume that prerequisite is having a human there? Whoever designed Sensei seemed really keen on making sure that he couldn't do much except in specific circumstances

But he was planned to help people pass on, there had to be some kind of plan just in case everyone died.

Too heavy.

You'd be a bitch too if your raison d'etre gave you a finger and walked away with a younger rock.

Maybe the last person was meant to just pass on by themselves, seeing as Shiro and the board game were able to. We can't really say if Sensei was flawed from the start or if something happened that broke him later on

I want to put shinsha in a blender and make euclase drink it

Attached: 1519080141957.jpg (500x500, 184K)

Well, I want to drink the sweet and bitter dew that forms on Euclase's slender body in the cold Earth mornings.

BORTZ HAIR WHIP

Diamond is precious

reposting the alternative translations from last thread

Attached: scanlated.jpg (1222x871, 425K)

Attached: scanlated2.jpg (1222x872, 424K)

Diamond is corrupted by the moon.

Also, these captchas are fucky.
>crosswalk
>not a single angry pedestrian in sight
>?

Attached: scanlated3.jpg (1225x874, 335K)

the other ones were funnier user

>can I beat the game first?

Anyone still thinks that the Lunarians/Aechmea is hiding something or they have a different plan in mind than passing on?
Maybe Adamant can't pray for them because they haven't repented or something, and he actually isn't broken?
Dunno this whole arc seems like it's setting up some big twist on the Lunarian part to just break Phos even further

I think they genuinely want to pass on, but are hiding something big from Phos because they know it would break him and they need the help.

daily reminder the gems are genderless and not capable of any sexual acts

*AHEM*

FUCK LUNARIANS

FUCK AECHMEA

FUCK CAIRNGORM

AND FUCK NIGGERS

Aechmea almost certainly has other plans in motion, although they might all lead to the same goal. I don't think the other lunarians necessarily know what Aechmea is up to and they think the plan is still to get prayed away. The question now is whether they think Phos is important enough to try and save, and what they will tell the other gems on the moon about what is going on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
I LOVE PHOS!!!

Attached: 169E1484-A4A4-4471-ACA1-AAC9D8A74A71.jpg (488x569, 80K)

Well that was rather depressing. It wasn't unexpected but still, wouldn't kill anyone to communicate more.

>"So Phos, what about those kidnapped gems on the moon?"

Attached: 1514236691344.jpg (880x549, 77K)

I mean, at least he tried.

Wait, this isn't Hokuto no Ken.

Oh yeah?

Attached: Manly gembutt.jpg (750x1000, 302K)

He can't pray because Phos must collect the last flesh part still.
No praying before the sea arc. My prediction is that she's going to be rescued by the lunarians and then go find the last answer in the ocean somehow

For how weird Phos' body already is, sticking on bits of jellyfish probably isn't going to work

This serves no purpose.
Why would you do this?
Why pulverize Phos while he already has barely any gold, is missing a leg, and probably 3/4 of his mass?
After he has already shown that he's just there to beg?

Just why, Ichikawa?
Why?

Attached: 1542540782982.png (1280x720, 838K)

by all they know, phos is colluding with their worst enemy

It looks like he has barely any gold on him. He's a cripple that can barely stand right now, what's he gonna do, shatter at them?

Sensei's firmware was coded by pajeets.

The tendril gold arms are pretty spooky
But really, this might be an excuse to rebuild Phos into a yet stronger form

phos is already on par with bort, is she?

Phos beat Bort once, but Bort would probably be more careful now.

He can’t get past the Captcha

I really don't think there's anything that wouldn't work on Phos now. Her body is a total mess now, there isn't really a way to ruin it at this point.

I mean, its still in a vaguely human shape, it could theoretically get a lot worse.

That was so unnecessary, why is Bort such a faggot.

I'm kind of sad he was no better than a locked iphone after all

I hate earth gems so much, fucking savage brainlets.

I see they did not destroy the human particle eye, fools.

Two part authentication?

>Phos doesn't finish the final level
Foreshadowing that Phos won't live to see the end of the manga.

Wow, so it really was without reason.

Are they for real with this? Phos was fucking pleading with him and they cut him to ribbons, screw Earth Gems.

if sexual organs and reproduction where the only thing needed for sexual acts people wouldn't be marrying pillows and having sex with communist walls.

>playing videogames
>ship opens up
>immediately attacked because you were playing videogames

Good job Phos

people dont do this, only mentally depraved entities

That ugly dyke got nothing on Phos.

I wonder what will be the composition of the next Phos.

Have the 4koma of volume 8 and 9 been posted/translated?

Attached: 1553476545768.png (205x227, 48K)

why does phos still have her personality, when half or more of her isnt phosphophyllite anymore?

I am in love with and want to do lewd things with Phosphophyllite. If that makes me mentally depraved then so be it.

Godclusions + slow replacement.
>Phos loses a piece of himself
>gets an "empty" replacement piece
>the same personality ends up being inserted into the empty piece
The memories are lost, but Phos' personality is still just Phos.

Attached: 1543330918792.png (294x171, 42K)

They already explained that with somewhat tenuous answer that Phos's inclusions are super strong and can hold information really well, so when he gets new parts, his inclusions can work really well within them and retain a bunch of information from before.

Plus it helps that the shell/agate + gold alloy parts don't have any previous inclusions to mess with his, the only real problem on that front was Lapis's head, which did have its own inclusions/memories, and these DID mess with Phos's personality/mannerisms on some level.

Shinsha wondering if Lapis has some influcene on Phos, who proceeds to walk the wrong way back to school is comedy gold.

What are the requirements for authentication?
My bet is on asking him to pray for the sake of someone else.

Everytime he makes this face it gets dumber.

Attached: 1530937427970.png (264x396, 118K)

Who knows, I imagine a possible answer is that he won't accept a prayer from someone who isn't human, but maybe Phos is close enough now that he got through the authentication?

Could be some other weird soul biz too though.

But Phos is a different person than they were in the beginning. The real answer is that a lot of this shit is just symbolism and the logistics of how she works doesn't matter.

Sure, but you can't really say whether the differences in personality came through experience or limb removal in this case.

Like logically it makes sense for Phos to become very depressed/determined after what happened with Antarc, even without the whole new arms thing.

Only real change that we know was because of a replacement part was Lapis's head, since it had its own inclusions and memories. THAT was the only thing that really changed Phos's personality by itself without any other stimuli.

My point is that I don't think the logistics really matter here though. It's just part of the whole symbolism of losing parts of yourself and building yourself back up again with new pieces.

I feel like this stuff matters within the world at least, even though we as the reader can recognise it as symbolism.

Like it's an actual physical conundrum within the world, and it makes sense why people would be curious about how personality changes/gets corrupted by the plot events + part replacements.

Human emotions.

I can't even guess what Aechmea's angle is anymore, aside from his ultimate goal of being blown into nothingness.

i just hope phos gets restored to her original form at the end

he/she/it is so miserable

That's impossible, one cannot go back to childhood.
Phos was doomed to suffer the moment they was "born"

ICHIKAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1548943842425.png (500x70, 8K)

>Everyone threw their swords
Jesus christ, that's some ruthless shit

Attached: 1512276510252.gif (400x300, 393K)

traitors and nazi collaborators get the treatment they deserve

THESE three pages make me think that Shitsha will help Phos out of this mess.

Attached: 1536453357402.png (839x3709, 2.96M)

>implying Shitsa can speak up for Phos with Bortz cock shoved that far down their throat

Attached: 66281358_p5.jpg (900x595, 111K)

I have no fucking idea what's actually going to happen anymore

Honestly, Phos would be doing much better without the moon clothes. Not having exposed legs or torso and having funnels around the arms is awful considering how creative we know Phos can be with it. Phos could probably be untouchable by any gem at this point. Aculeatus, Sensei, Shinsha, and Aechmea are the only ones who are guaranteed able to win a fight with him.

notice that kongo didnt help phos when they imprisoned and shattered her

At this point only suffering glues Phos together.

and shitsa

He's so done with Phos, he told him fuck you I side with sensei already.

I wonder if he could use the micro-scrapes of Adamant?
I wouldn't put it past his inclusions to fucking adapt and copy it to finally make Phos able to defeat whole armies in one hit... just like Adamant did multiple times to lunarians.

Gold outfit when?

We already saw how horrifying Phos can get with just spider-phos and jelly-pool-phos

Attached: 1550972622981.png (2570x3504, 3.62M)

Being "human" and maybe understanding what you actually ask for?

why is this in spanish?

>La Puta Negro
>El clitoris minusculo
My fucking sides.

>Babosa Incestuosa
>El Negro Negro
>El Boipussy Naranja
>Violador de NAP
Keked heartily

its a meme ya dip

>El negro negro

Attached: 1540717230553.png (900x900, 547K)

>people have spent months hyping up Euclase as this evil mastermind who hates Phos
>Euc doesn't seem hostile towards Phos at all

Attached: DnwAUEIU0AAPstG.jpg (768x885, 104K)

I fucking said this since the night raid. Euc might be an asshole with fucked up war methods, but he isn't going out of his way to make life hell for Phos.
And Euc likely doesn't know that letting Shinsha cum on Phos will probably kill Phos.

pajeets

Some humor in the early pages nice. Cinnabar! Why did Ichikawa shorten the chapters from 50 or so pages to 21? I really wish they'd go back to calliing him sensei instead of admant. conclusion soon?

Phos is the closest thing to human.Gem,Admirablis,and that eye made from Lunarian splooge.So,the authentication was granted,then got rejected due to the defect.Next chap. gluing Phos back together for answers.

Attached: 1540428692091.jpg (600x635, 198K)

FUCK THE EARTH GEMS
FUCK BORTZ
FUCK SHINSHA
AND FUCK EUC

Attached: 1474436460794.jpg (600x456, 29K)

So now that Kongo stepped down as leader, who has the say de facto?

Based and moonpilled

Probably Euc or Jade, but mostly likely Euc based on what Bortz said

These pages hurt so much. You can tell how much Pho loves Kongo and how much it pains him to do all this, but those faggot earth gems broke him again

This chapter genuinely feels like a nightmare

It started feeling like a nightmare when Phos started recruiting Gems to take to the moon. That one panel when Phos is talking to them is extremely eerie

Attached: 1545503223643.jpg (475x492, 69K)

kongo seemed calm as always while they raped her

>la col

Good laughs.

Do gems feel physical pain? They don't, amirite?

They don't, at least none of them has shown any ability to do so.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Phos gained that ability along with his next upgrade.

Reminder Red Dia would support the Earth Gems. Be more like Red dia.

Attached: 1553318030121.jpg (1005x1102, 117K)

We only saw Kongo up to the tendril scene.
I assume that he was informed how Phos was cuffed for safety reasons so it didn't make him sad or something since after the talk they would glue Phos together again.
But then Gate of Gembutts happened and I bet that we don't see his face since it would be heartbroken one.
And yet more than that I feel like Adamant was too fucking robotic this whole chapter. Like something (human particle?) forced him to behave in a certain way.

Ever since Phos got the human particle Sensei has behaved like that. Although now that Phos is smashed up, it would be an excellent opportunity to confiscate it so that Sensei can be himself around phos.

Pretty sure his new waterproof coating is human goop. On that note, it seems like we're coming up on
SEA AAAAAAAARC

They still don't

Attached: guesswho.png (920x613, 534K)

Attached: 1541735493620.png (360x304, 135K)

>gems scatter phos remains at sea so he will never be able to "resurrect"
>earth-mirabilis fulfil their ancient oath and gather all parts of their Phosodia, the Forbidden One
>they fill the gaps with their own bodies, granting Phos the last thing she needed to become "human"
>place where love and sorrow originate, the place that will finally explain what sh'es feeling
>THE HEART

HOLY SHIT. A SIDE VIEW OF THE EVENT.

if the gems try to keep Phos in a box maybe Obsidian will recieve orders to put Phos back together or give his pieces back to the moonies

Low quality reaction image potential

Attached: PhosBeg.png (800x600, 371K)

what the fuck are these?

Attached: 1551438930115.png (534x379, 140K)

Probably just generic "computer" screens and shit

Probably what is in sensei's hands should turn.

fat lunarian chode ready to cum in aechmea's ear and the real cintamani pearl

The thing at the back looks kin of like a dog. Or maybe it's a picture of where the eye connects to the eye socket.

Attached: 1522935734547.png (1822x1178, 372K)

>Benito

The chapters have always been about 20 ish pages except for the first one

Couldn't an Admirabillis eat Phos, then have Phos' inclusions pass on to their offspring who would essentially be Phos with more fleshy bits?
Not sure if that really makes sense, but pretty much anything could happen to Phos at this point

far right ? looks like a graph so maybe some sort of energy reading. It probably doesn't mean anything regardless

They could probably "sacrifice" one of them to eat her up and basically become a vessel for Phos rebirth. Or something like that.

I really hate how this monthly manga only has 20 pages per chapter

Attached: 53079807_p6_master1200.jpg (1179x1079, 183K)

I figured that the talk about some of the admirabillis on the moon starting to incorporate gemdust into their bodies might have been a hint about how far that might go if they took in all of a single gem, plus if it's in their bodies then Phos wouldn't necessarily end up as a shell again

>Final form is a slug with a crunchy Phos shell
I'll take it. But can they even eat metal?

>Variegatus eats Phos
>Phos' parts become a skeleton inside Variegatus

Rutile really didn't have to

Attached: nochill.png (1114x1600, 1.53M)

Usually it's either short chapters every week or two, or big chapters every month. Houseki no Kuni is the worst of both worlds. Maybe to increase our suffering.

Attached: no fair.jpg (228x450, 48K)

Author got other work to do.

Fuck Ruthile!
Fuck Bortz!
And most importantly fuck Shitsha!

Now on the topic of the chapter Lunarians could free Phos very easily. They have the plastic nanobots and the last time we saw them the gems couldn't do anything about them. I doubt sensei will try to stop them if they decide to rescue Phos. So they can just steal small parts of her and rebuild her on the mood. So she goes to the ocean next to find the last missing part of humanity and restart sensei.
This chapter is really shot though.

It hurts. Rutile was one of Phos few ACTUAL friends.

Well it turned out be better than I`ve expected. When leaks emerged I thought they are going to drown Phos in mercury or something. But they just crushed her out of tension. I bet they will restore her in next chapter.

>21 fucking pages
I know it's part of the SUFFERING, but damn. I hope that next chapter will have few pages more. But it won't. We can't have nice things in the Land of the Lustrous. Nice things only bring more suffering.

ship of theseus

Rutile was really everybody's smirking friend and cheerleader and the most anyone thought was how fun it was that she was chimping out over losing a chance to complete her life's work. The gems have an awful support system and it's a surprise more didn't defect in the first place.

Though part of me does agree it's fun seeing her go wild. It's a little concerning she hasn't uttered a word since the night raid though. I hope she can still speak.

Attached: uhh.png (291x396, 99K)

>all earthfags suddenly disappeared after this chapter
Really makes me think

Earthfags only made sense in the face of leaks when speedreaders read random pages without context and thought that evil earth gems were deliberately murdering Phos for no reason
Now that everyone toned their headcanons down no one is particularly vocal about feeling to "defend" either side, Phos is doing nothing wrong here but the earth gems aren't to blame for still suspecting him of ill intent

Rutile and Phos' relationship is dead unless Rutile realises that the one who took Pad away from him wasn't Phos but actually fucking Shinsha.

>Phos is doing nothing wrong here but the earth gems aren't to blame for still suspecting him of ill intent
>tfw this was said from the start but fags still wanted to play the sides game

I miss Buddhanon

Attached: 1514318945870.png (920x840, 593K)

>being an unintended victim of an attack on the enemy was the real problem here
>not stealing a corpse underneath everyone's noses and having them join enemy sides

Remember kids, don't rely on closed source software.

>2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Annihilating the moon ghosts would forever doom humanity. Ergo, he cannot.

Not even close to be true, if you think earth gems are not evil then you are probably a sociopath

>I miss Buddhanon
Why do you miss a hack? Stop being a cultist retard

He brought far more interesting and insightful discussions than "EARth gemzzz vs m00n g3ms" and "AAAAA I LOVE PHOS" for sure. And at least he wasn't trying to extend dead threads on anger like you are, buddy.

Not really he just overthinks a fucking manga

And the tripfag chose Buddha as his name, what an arrogant piece of shit

He didn't picked that name for himself, you moron. He wasn't a tripfag to begin with. It was US who named him Buddhanon. So stop saying shit without knowing a thing. kys

>sea arc is Phos hunting down the Scientist's old phone to get past the second factor

Attached: 1540210284000.png (468x620, 350K)

now all 3 races must work together to fix senseis programming

How disappointed will everyone be when all it takes to fix Sensei is turning him off and turning him back on again.

The restart button is probably in his asshole.

I think you cracked it.

I literally came up with that name, kek.

Let's apply this to the single time we've seen how Sensei's internal processing works: I think his prime directive could be something about preserving the last of humanity as in the past one (except he's failed at that and has no living human to preserve now), but a subdirectory of that is "preserve/create the conditions for humanity in the future". Still he says he hadn't used that in a long time.
It could rule out the 'praying moonies away would prevent humanity from reforming' theory, it could mean that the last time he used that function was when he decided he couldn't pray them away forever ago.

Attached: x13.png (1426x2048, 464K)

if(asker.isAliveHuman()){
System.out.println("Human is alive, authentication passed);
if(asker.isNotAlive()){
//note: human not alive so needs to be prayed for
initiatePrayForHuman();
}
}
else if(asker.isDog() && asker.isNotAlive()){
//note: dogs can't ask questions so just fucking do it
initiatePrayForDog();
}

I actually am pretty sure we've never seen an eyeball being destroyed in the manga, not by external hits or internal shattering.

Someone dumped a bit of the first chapter, in case anyones interested.

I like Jade

I like most of them
just not the ones that act like niggers
but those are the ones that get all the focus

I'd argue that she doesn't even have the same personality at this point.
Every time she's gotten know parts, something, ever-so-small had changed about her.

Most notably, when she got Lapis' head. Everyone looked at Phos like she was a completely different person.

>Phos isn't the sa-

Attached: 1535706419095.png (1146x3122, 3.6M)

Then tell me, apart from Phos being smarter and better at manipulating people now, what has changed about him?
Anything explained by him being in a shit situation and suffering a lot doesn't count.
might as well update it with the one from this chapter.

Attached: 1529869691946.png (1146x3122, 2.72M)

he was supposed to be a kind child, not a race traitor

Friendly reminder that Karen did literally nothing wrong and all of her outfits are beautiful.

Attached: Karen_23.jpg (800x500, 35K)

After waking up with Lapis' head, I think they were expecting Phos to be different but Phos was more like her old self before getting depressed about Antarc, even. Which was kind of strange in and of itself.

How is Phos trying to save all of them from ever having to die, and being fully willing to sacrifice his own life, and all his relationships to achieve that, not being kind?

>trying to help everyone by ending the war
>not kind

Attached: 1540320093533.png (628x673, 359K)

>gems on the moon kys from sadness cause of firends dust
>gems on earth kys because their partners are gone
super kind

Hey, nobody has actually gotten dusted or died as a result of Phos bringing others to the moon yet

Neither happened, and now the dead gems are coming back anyway. If Aechmea isn't being a faggot traitor which he totally is.

>gems on the moon can now go back home and can operate the tech to assemble their friends again
>gems on earth have been tricked by Euc to think that Phos is doing a bad thing
Let's not forget that everyone on the moon consented to be there.

THIS... is actually probably among the more viable problems.
It would also key into the upcoming sea arc.
But sensei was able to pray for doggo. Why can't he pray for Moonites? Maybe it's not just a matter of praying, but also of forgiveness.
Something he's incapable of currently.

Needs an Alex Rodriguez.

>posted
yes
>translated
maybe something on the spot but never properly typeset
I mean vol 8 comes out in 2 weeks but still

Attached: vol 8 omake.jpg (720x1024, 183K)

and 9

Attached: vol 9 omake.jpg (1141x1618, 352K)

*slaps chart*
this bad boy can fit so many memes in it

so i'm wondering why PAS chose not to use the literal translation in this particular panel? aechmea says "young girl/child/small one" and not "him", right?

Attached: bb46e3dffd877a32fc1661a3c40714b2.png (933x359, 202K)

Phos, by all objective measures, did do a bad thing. Technically the gems who came with consented (well except Pad) but they didn't know the full truth about the moon. Then, instead of just trying to talk to the earth gems about what was going on, they tried to be sneaky and stage a night raid.
Phos didn't do himself any favors by acting the way they did. Maybe things would have turned out better if she didn't try to be manipulative and deceptive. The earth gems have very good reasons to not trust Phos.

Dia went without any manipulation.

As did Ame 84

Given how Phos' encounter with Sensei has gone, which just confirmed what Aechmea has previously said about Sensei being broken, I think we can rule out the possibility that Aechmea is more interested in being prayed away by Sensei than whatever else he has planned.
Whatever is in the pearl eye is enough to make Sensei change his behaviour towards Phos, and Aechmea doesn't have any reason not to tell Phos about what it might be able to do if he just asks Sensei to pray.
Since asking Sensei to pray can only be tried once, he lets Phos focus on his plan of taking some willing gems away to go to the moon, rather than trying the straight forward approach immediately. Maybe trying Sensei's authentication directly eventually was something he was planning, but he was fine with Phos trying risky approaches to getting near Sensei afterwards despite Phos nearly getting fucked by Shinsha once.
At the end of it, Phos has tried every approach and Aechmea got as much information as possible out of him, whilst also getting multiple gems that aren't falling apart on the moon. The only thing left to see is if Aechmea still holds some value in Phos that he would attempt a rescue, but I doubt he will try now that Phos can't offer him anything else.

Attached: lunarians.png (231x243, 77K)

how would you feel it if turned out that sensei is proven to phos to be an unfeeling automaton?

BTW, on a slightly unrelated note to the general discussion going on here, I would like to thank ALL of you for participating in these HnK threads.
These have been an oddly bright and dark spot on the journey of following this amazing yet confusing at times story.
The varying levels of bullshit, speculation, memes, and original art are all part of the fun involved.
I myself have gone through a level of suffering that I could not even conceive of, until it was experienced first hand, with the loss of my mother, who we thought was sick from one thing, but was deathly ill from another, and they only just figured out the problem as she was on the deathbound spiral, and I had to hold her hand as they pulled the oxygen tube and turned off the medications, and let her pass away.
And then having her sister die from cancer 2 days later,
and THEN... having my uncle, who was executor of her will, go back home after a 5 and a half hour plane flight, only to die in his sleep at his home... before most of the work to deal with her estate could be done...
Apologies. but I think I understand suffering a little better now.
Apologies also for namefagging, but... there are times I wish people on here would be allowed to have SOME form of id just to keep track of them within a given thread or series of threads. I suppose though, one's actions should be the main identifier.
But even with all that, even if I anger some of you by doing so and lobbing this sob story, this and these threads on here are a... bright spot in my life.
So again, thanks peoples.
I'll try not to go anywhere. I doubt I'll ever get so bad I'll anhero, if anything, because I'm selfish and lazy, and scared to death of death.

Attached: 1535433119879.jpg (550x731, 264K)

I don't think that's possible, he never had any obligation to the gems but helped them all this time anyway. If he's programmed to be empathetic, you can't really blame him for that.

same.

It's an elaborate plot to get you to buy the official English releases.

Why do most people here thinks Achmea is evil and will betray Phos? He seems like a pretty nice guy.

Nice blog fag
That seems incredibly rough, I hope things get better for you user. Unless you’ve one of those people that lewd Phos.

No reason at all.

Attached: RIP.jpg (360x272, 47K)

Aside from the whole kidnapping and murdering innocent gems thing? The guy just reeks of suspicion. His relationship with Cairn is creepy, a lot of the shit he says seems way too convenient, he plucked out one of Phos's eyes to replace with the pearl eye without even asking Phos or telling them what it's for, etc etc etc. Hell he outright says the moonies were the scum of humanity and he's the leader/politician of those scum.
I don't think he's entirely evil but he's definitely not a nice guy.

Attached: Do1oBxLU8AAkCRS.jpg (600x800, 123K)

strawpoll.me/17679203

Attached: DsDOgoIU8AgXKoK.jpg orig.jpg (1450x2048, 457K)

Yeah! Fuck Cinabar!

its benito
why does he keep getting so much screentime

Rutile is mad because she treated Pad like a property, and now he's fixed and doesn't need her
She would have to admit it to get over it, but that she can never do

this

I like Obsidian because she's actually a Moon Gem

phos didn't passed the captcha

Earthies get the hammer, day of the asteroid when?

I miss old cairn so badly, why Ichikawa did that?

Are you seriously asking how Phos' personality has shifted from the beginning?
Have you just not been reading the story at all?
In case you didn't notice, the story has been about change. Physical and Mental change, or rather, Correlating Physical and Mental change.

The fact that she became WILLING to manipulate the other gems is one big hint. Not just that she could, but that she did. The fact that she turned on Sensei has a very well established fundamental change to her personality too.

In any case, your line of questioning is weird, is your point that her personality is the same? Because.... well I kinda feel like we're gonna get into some philosophical territory real fast if we go down that road.

Chill man, don't throw swords on you fellow user

For us to feel the same loss that Phos felt with Antartic.

>lapis
>0
based

>something is in between
What did he mean by this?
Phos doesn't have admin access.

Attached: bortz_nani.png (1356x1080, 868K)

I need a pic of phosphophyllite i can use as an icon.
Any good colored moonphos images?

Attached: wVSv3Wx_cropped (1).png (410x410, 175K)

twitter.com/pemprika/status/1094384704051003393 maybe

Attached: phosphophyeri.png (609x874, 330K)

>"Hi I'm Phosphophyllite and we're flying off to find the Moon's greatest diners, drive ins and dives!"

Man, feelsbad/ kinda bittersweet when I discover yet another HnK artist circle. They make great pictures and put my oc to shame

Attached: 4719.png (1128x1600, 799K)

Attached: 4720.png (1121x1600, 511K)

ICHIKAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 4721.png (1118x1600, 958K)

When will they be back bros?

Attached: when_hemi_pulls_out_his_hemipenis.png (294x218, 76K)

>filename
why is he surprised as his own gemdick?

Hemi is underaged he doesn't even know what a penis is

After they're training the gems to take over the moon technology in preparation for when they pass on, I trust the lunarians.

I like phos, I can relate somewhat... tries to do best, things just seem to turn to shit regardless.
As for the sexualizing of the gems...
even if you get past the 'him', or 'her' aspects, the whole way 'sex' for the gems works vs our fleshbag ways with stimulation and chemicals... are pretty much near incompatable.
The ONLY way something might work... is the way this one comic I saw on ACO some years back about this soldier who fell in love with a gem lover, got spurned by them, died, and then got converted to a gem, where THEN they were able to have ...sort of sex.

>Diamond
>only five (5) votes

c'mon people

Cheers to you. If you must forget to move on, let it come naturally.

You just need to think more creatively user.

Attached: DROenC4UMAIqXJW.jpg orig.jpg (1250x1215, 154K)

Diamond is the worst waifu, they're just normie waifu bait. Anyone with refined tastes would recognize this

Reminder that harming a Buddha will land you in the deepest part of Naraka so the earth gems smashing Phos to bits is actually doing him a favor.

Attached: gembae.jpg (1861x1488, 523K)

I remember tree or four Shinsha fans. Haven't seen them in a while.

>Not this as el Bort calvo.

Attached: 1535558385598.jpg (808x851, 31K)

Why is Cinnabar being called Shinsha?

>El Negro Negro
Lmao

Attached: bortz_want.png (195x229, 19K)

As spic I would call el drogadicto as el teporocho, sounds more spicable.

HnK stands for HOKUTO NO KEN you retarded gem trannies

Attached: 61ChoXQ8luL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 87K)

Next month the tragedy continues

Ghostgorm was best Cairngorm.

Because that’s his name.
The same way people call Sensei “Kongo” instead of “Adamant”.

I feel empathy for you, user.

Japanese word for Cinnabar. I don't know why they're the only one to go by the Japanese name.

Buddhanon explained it, I can't remember properly, but it was related to the fact that they all have western names except for shinsha and sensei, and perhaps those two would not reach salvation.

How are Ichikawa's other manga?

Fucked up

I don't know, but buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=319 is interesting about gems' role in Buddhism, which some anons speculated is related to Shinsha/Cinnabun

she is still my favorite, but it has been some time since she got some focus, so there wasn't so much reason to bring her up, it hurted a little seeing her being so cold towards Phos, but it's not like it wasn't uncalled for when the last time Phos showed up was with weapons and the 2 best fighters of the gems that went to the moon, wrecked Bortz' shit for the first time in his life and Pads fucked up 3 gems good without even flinching, but I'm pretty sure she still cares about Phos, but this isn't the best place or time to show support to someone that is almost universally hated by everyone else

Attached: 67641761_p0.png (2480x1748, 3.56M)

Stay salty bitch

Attached: boyrtz1.jpg (1191x1684, 95K)

>el clítoris gigante
>el negro calvo

Attached: 1526874281926.jpg (263x428, 58K)

Poo in the loos.

Poor Phos

Most contained incest plus other forms of weird shit.

Made me feel like a brainlet

Do you have favorite panels from the manga?

I'm looking for some aesthetic panels for a project today like to work on

Attached: 008_1472852049.jpg (1120x1600, 286K)

Attached: 000.png (1111x1600, 1.14M)

like a boy wanting to fuck a girl that grew out of his own finger or something

Literally me.

>Post pillars

Attached: DUbm8HaXcAAlHW2.png (1048x564, 860K)

take a wild guess, lol

>33 didn't keep the hair down even if the braid direction isn't needed anymore to differentiate from her twin
I'm actually a bit mad about it, such a lost opportunity.

Attached: Ame braid down.png (1280x720, 933K)

WHY IS EVERYONE FIGHTING AND THROWING SWORDS AT EACHOTHER
WHY ARE WE RESORTING TO CALLING SHINSA SHITSA
WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS

This much raw sexuaity would be dangerous to leave unchecked

Attached: 1535102901593.png (245x445, 89K)

>sensei takes a nap from all this chaos
>sensei sleeps forever
Everyone gains depression chapter when

Based overanalyzing user, most of these are most likely correctly identified.
Also something I never thought about is -is the cliff where Sensei throws his pieces from really the same one we saw in chapter 2 after Shinsha ruined it with mercury? It never occurred to me to make the connection and I can't tell if we're supposed to.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c035 (v05) - p145 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 2.49M)

I love this panel so much
As much as ichikawa has decent figure drawing skills, I absolutely adore some of her works that involved heavy background work like the ice floes, the grasslands, and the hollow cape

Looks like a completely different cliff from both the Hollow Cape and Shinsha’s cave

thats just how the world is

>Shinsha's cave
sure
>Hollow Cape
My question was in fact about that -we know that mercury makes minerals brittle, so I asked if we ever saw the Hollow Cape again after chapter 3 (which was just the day after Shinsha's battle)

Attached: houseki16.jpg (1490x838, 188K)

I hope it goes well for you user. You've been through some tough shit. Good luck.

I love it too when she makes stylized art with heavy contrast in one page and heavy background work in the next one, the winter chapters are a great example of that.
Most of the moon chapters were instead pretty lazy in that they were often inside mostly empty, closed spaces. This chapter was pretty sketchy too aside from some lighting effects

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c015 (v03) - p054 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 1.99M)

Going against Sensei is under "caused by suffering". And manipulation is caused by Lapis.
I explicitly said to mention something apart from that, because phos fundamentally behaves the same. It's particularly apparent in the latest few chapters,where Phos has been behaving exactly like GenkiPhos when he isn't busy with suffering.

stay strong, user

It’s probably better in th actual print version but god the shading looks terrible in the official English version of the manga.

that's so fucking cute holy shit
thinking about it, Goshe and Morga WERE twins. That makes like four pairs of twins so far?

I've never thought that this lovely manga would hurt me so much.

Attached: 1549511042361.jpg (550x611, 196K)

It's because they've made them bigger, which fucks up the screentones. I have the nip printed raws, the screentones looks fine. The digital english ones though, the dots are so far apart that it looks unpleasant.

Saying "Phos is still Phos as the core of her character stayed the same even with the growth she went through" is not the same as saying he hasn't fundamentally changed. In a world where people don't change at all and can't get over trauma, Phos changes organically like human beings do -the same way you could say you are the same person you were 10 years ago and yet you aren't.
Post-night raid Phos indeed has gone back to behaving more like his old self, but that only happened at the end of an entire arc where he willingly did the opposite of that -and that lesson bettered her, like she takes full responsibility for what happened, like caring about what would happen to the moon gems and not resisting "arrest". Genki Phos used to be a spoiled brat who dodged responsibility whenever he could, even if he was serious enough to do caring stuff.

I don't think there's any indication that old Goshe and Morga were twins, only that they were partnered since they're both beryls. "Twins" is reversed for the amethysts because they were literally born at the same time and they're the same type.
Actually I'm not even sure there's any indication about nuMorga's age at all.

Attached: Morgas Goshes.png (1500x990, 983K)

this was pretty cute, good job
more people should remember that edits don't have to be about sex jokes and swearing all the time

>explained it
How? detailing what the colours in Kongo's kasaya mean in Nichiren symbolism is "explaining". Going about the importance of the 28 names of the Buddha in relation to the 28 gems is "explaining". Relating "western as in English" to "western as Buddhist symbolism about Amitabha and the pure land" and deducing from that that the gems whose name isn't English will not reach enlightenment when there are perfectly viable, story-based alternative explanations is not "explaining": that's called wild speculation.

Attached: glowing Benito sketch.png (547x800, 216K)

Didn't Craig, may his dignity rest in peace, say that NuMorga and NuGoshe were both born X time after the old ones died?
And Morganite and Goshenite are both different coloured variants of beryl.

This manga makes me feel things I normally repress

anyone else know what I mean?

maybe it's just the mental illness seeping through. The themes about transformation and losing your past self are so painful. There's nothing else like it.

Attached: flofer.jpg (400x306, 26K)

Have you ever read Kasane?

no but I will now because I crave more of this

asker.isNotAlive is embedded in the asker.isAliveHuman if statement, implying it's testing for the opposite bool of the same variable, so you're always going to get contradictory answer and never fire. Which I guess could be Sensei's error.

I will say I found Kasane to be more painful than HnK so far, but that might be because I read all of Kasane in a few days and it's completed, plus Phos' psyche has not really been pushed in the way that would make Phos completely lose herself so far. But, that might still happen. Kasane doesn't have the light hearted moments HnK does, either.

thank you either way. Different isn't bad

by which author?

Matsuura Daruma

its not only you, this manga is really, unironically deep

all works by haruko ichikawa are

count the number of words in this chapter

I don't usually make baseless statements about the manga. We're told that Morga and Goshe were taken in the same battle 20 years after Phos was decapitated: "after some time", nuMorga and nuGoshe were born. Only nuGoshe's age is known (70). There is no indication that they were born at the same time as in the same 'birth' like the Amethysts.
Yes they're both beryls, but so were Aquamarine and Red Beryl. For gems to be called twins they'd have to have the same chemical formula, while morganite is pink because it has more manganese in it.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c047 (v07) - p071 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2587x3684, 1.89M)

this manga makes me want to learn chemistry

Why does Cairn have to learn chemistry, anyway?

To find a way to "die" so she can reach her husband in that place of nothingness.
I think it's more than enough to say she doesn't really understand this "dying" business tbdesu

Attached: t10.png (1114x1600, 404K)

>those two were born a while later
I understand that as they were born together, but I might just be an idiot.
>For gems to be called twins they'd have to have the same chemical formula
Fair enough. In my head they just have to be born at the same time, like Cairn and Ghost.

She believes that the answer for her desire is somewhere, so let's start with the closest method avaliable, one of her husband's labs.

This is the original dialogue. I only said it's never explicitly stated that they were born at the same time, and the only cases of gem twins we know of don't really apply.
Morga-chan could be 5 years younger or older than Goshe-chan and the sentence would still apply, especially for gems' standards, it could be that the Japanese is more specific but I doubt that

Attached: image073.jpg (1125x1600, 419K)

busy reading all of ichikawas other works

Fuck the earthgems. FUCK.
Now, how long will the timeskip be?

have fun

Attached: ichikawa.png (628x270, 113K)

Why do you expect one?
The earth gems have multiple ways of containing Phos and they would likely extract more information from him. Plus Aechmea still has all of his plans in motion.

I think only Phos understands what dying means now.

More suffering!!! Moar!!

Attached: more suffering.png (234x163, 31K)

I kind of expect a >phos wakes up to see everything being fucked up scenario.

dont do this to yourself

Depends if Phos is in any state to tell anyone anything at this point, being completely defeated might have crushed his soul a bit

how often do new chapters come out?

Every month.

Requesting art of Euclase spanking Phos in front of the gems.

The last page foresees the next chapter being about Aechmea's next move.
He's learned that Sensei's powers are still there, that his authentication system still works, but even cracking that isn't enough to make him work. What would the next logical step be? Skipping the middleman leaving Sensei alone and trying to make Fossu into a human?

The two don't necessarily correlate though
Phos literally try to suicide and was mostly fine as soon as he was reassembled

one of the few seinen manga to have active threads here, nice

Call me dumb but I didn't understand if Adamant already knew that he was broken to the point of being unable to pray or he too found out for good too only now

Attached: Nepti question mark.jpg (1016x1080, 490K)

He knew I think, but had to try again since Phos asked

But how could he know for sure if this is the first time he's been broken in in the endless millennia when Lunarians tried to activate him?
He'd have to be told of his malfunctioning from a human engineer or be aware of what in his coding prevents him from praying.
And assuming he knew all along, wouldn't Phos asking to explain why exactly he can't pray get him to recall the 'fatal defect'?

Attached: genki Phos crouching under Sensei's robe.jpg (768x960, 65K)

I think it was implied he tries to pray from time to time on his own, but I can't find the relevant pages.
He only needed Phos authentication to confirm it for Phosu and the moonies since he can't speak about it directly so he needs to show them for them to know

He's obviously aware since pretty early on in the story, and this is clearly not the first time the lunarians have tried to activate him since he's been broken from the dialogue on the moon this chapter.

We've seen him about to pray before (after the 'self-blame' breakdown and after Phos gets taken), but that could've been interpreted as him being tempted but choosing not to do it.
But it is possible that lunarians simply couldn't know 100% so far. This still leaves the problem of what they're going to do from now on.

Our main source for the moonies' past attempts at activating Sensei was Aechmea's infodump in chapters 54-55. It's not strange that people would want to take everything he said with a grain of salt.
>He's obviously aware
Then how are we supposed to read the scene where his dream about BTFOing lunarians into water is deemed'dangerous' then?
Also it leaves the question about Sensei knowing what his defect is open still.

Attached: x12.jpg (960x2355, 596K)

will they ever STOP SUFFERING

Why is the Prince so calm? Doesnt it mean they are fucked if Phos plan didnt work?

only in our dreams

Attached: 1524660564254.jpg (1110x869, 200K)

>report this to Euc
Soft coup: COMPLETE
based Eucler

Attached: Euc check it out album.png (381x420, 213K)

They've been doing nothing for thousands of years and there's finally something happening, even if it doesn't work it's good

I would think the longer lived Gens have somewhat of a close understanding, like they'd never get their partners back and have lived with the ache and bitter memories of that fact. Yellow seems to know it pretty well.

This was probably just a test. The next step of the plan starts now.

Attached: phos drawn by 5toubun authoer.png (913x780, 546K)

Well, the last time we see his face is right after the captcha is accepted so we don't know what happened since
To that point everything was going as according to keikaku -Phos so desperate he'll plead with everything he has in a direct, uninterrupted meeting.

Him summoning Karen as his next move could be
>genuinely believing they'll soon disappear, he wants to tell her "you've met me at a very strange time in my life" as they romantically watch the moon buildings being dissolved in thin air, witnessing the end of their world
or
>having made sure that Phos can get through but Adamant is broken, Aechmea appoints Cracklegorm to get one or the other back since she's the only one who's absolutely loyal and can go talk to the earth gems

This picture is nice but Capricorn isn't dead yet

My main source was their marveling at actually succeeding to pass authentication this chapter. Why would they think it's something special if they hadn't been working at it for a while and trying different approaches? We've seen a bunch of projects in line to deal with it from before Phos showed up on the moon, too. They weren't banking on the abomination at the start of this story, and I would say that that's obvious too.
It's deemed dangerous _because_ he's aware. If he didn't know that the result would be bad or if he knew there would be no result at all, he wouldn't have identified it as such. Broken doesn't mean he's inoperable, it just means that something is wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if broken just meant that praying is working as intended and happens to result in something awful in the environment he's in right now, and I don't think anyone could be.

Holy shit i actually thought sensei would execute Phos here.

he's dead to me though.

w-what's the next step?

Good job.

I believe the moonies just wanted to make sure Adamant is not broken beyond repair. I think that activating of the authentication system is for the moonies, a signal that there's may be a chance of fixing him.

Making the human baby with Cairo.

I see some possibilities:
>forcefully enlighten Phos so that he can pray for them instead of Sensei (this would be all that Amithaba vs. Maitreya stuff)
>figure out what the "catch" is with Sensei that's preventing him from praying
>try to use another human particle on Craig
>use Craig's arm to create a pseudo-humangem thing

Remember that this is how Phos started out

Today, she's a self-doubting schizoid universally hated triple agent nervous wreck

Attached: phos.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Anyone else got a ritual they do every time a chapter comes out?
I always start with 1 chapter before to kinda get into the situation while listening to this album youtube.com/watch?v=C7STUe7IIgU

"Fool's Gold" always starts playing when shit goes down in the new chapter with weirdly good timing.

After i finish i come straight here to discuss and read about all the details i probably missed.

That's reasonable, and I'm certain he's not broken in any mechanical sense related to prayer. Fixing him won't be pleasant.

My guess (and hope) is that they exile Phos to the ocean. They probably don't want to give Phos the death penalty and they don't want her to come in contact with Sensei either so they wouldn't want to keep her around in a cage, so hopefully they throw all her pieces in the ocean and tell her she can't come back. Also Phos really really REALLY needs to go back to the ocean to find answers. Perhaps the Admirabilis can pick up her pieces and put them together, they do like her (and kinda worship her I guess).

Attached: underwater.png (810x1080, 779K)

Actually I agree with you that the Lunarians demonstrably want to disappear, I was playing devil's advocate a bit because of the "hurr moonies are literally lying about everything and nothing they said so far is true" crowd. That is not to mean that Aechmea could have and probably has a plan b.

>Broken doesn't mean he's inoperable, it just means that something is wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if broken just meant that praying is working as intended and happens to result in something awful
Let's speculate a but further. It's like 99% sure this introduction was written by none other but Sensei. Yet it doesn't correlate the sixth catastrophe with humans dying and/or escaping into the ocean.
Aechmea also said that Sensei has to power to SPLIT the human body into a spirit. How do those two powers relate? Why would they give him such a power if his job was to preserve humanity? Is there a link to the fatal bug?

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c001 (v01) - p019 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 1.08M)

This cute rock is not a triple agent, she seeks peace and the truth. Everyone else has betrayed peace and the truth.

Aechmea's throwaway line about Sensei being a powerful machine that can split the soul is rarely discussed but it creates such a huge problem with our understanding of the world. It seems Sensei is only able to lie through omission and misdirection. If we add the fact that he never explained in detail how humanity was split (it looks like he just vaguely says there was a series of cataclysm and then humanity was split) then perhaps we can infer that he is directly responsible for that, or perhaps it was done by robots similar to himself. We're told the professor created him (?) for company which is a little contradictory with Sensei being present during the cataclysm.

>Aechmea also said that Sensei has to power to SPLIT the human body into a spirit.
questionable translations

He's only a double agent though.

Rather than exile, per se, I want one of the earth gems to help Phos escape to the ocean. Probably Jade.

>tfw last treasure was shinsha's mercury

misquoted like the faggot I am

Did anyone mention what Bort's cool new whip actually is?
It's likely from the handle and the ending that it's a reference to a 払子, which is basically a fly-whisk but in Asian countries is specifically made of animal hair and wielded by Zen Buddhist monks as a symbol of a master's ability to teach and doing away with illusions
Also in Japanese it reads Hossu which basically sounds the same as Fossu for extra irony
I bet you thought Ichikawa could go 5 pages without an obscure reference to Buddhism just because there's a literal bodhisattva later

Attached: 払子.jpg (1024x682, 144K)

What if everything in Houseki no Kuni was caused by a programming mistake because ancient programmers were too lazy to take in consideration the ramification of cataclysm and mutations? It goes like this.

1 - Humanity creates companion robots. The Robots are programmed to serve human. Their first priority is to help humanity survive.
2 - A cataclysm takes place. Humans are unable to survive their modified environment. They face extinction.
3 - The Robots face a crisis in their programming. They are confronted with the choice between letting humanity die or giving humanity a different form which will allow it to survive. They find it is more compatible with their first law to let humanity survive in a modified form, especially if they can be returned to their normal shape at a later date. Under that logic they are always serving humans, although they will temporarily cease to be human.
4 - Robots use an advanced function ("splitting the soul") and humans survive the cataclysm, albeit as different beings.
5 - PROGRAMMING MISTAKE STARTS HERE: Robots are programmed to serve humanity. Gems, Lunarians and Admirabilis do not pass their authentication program. The Robots do not feel automatically compelled by their programming to serve neo-humans, instead they can feel affection or hate for them, they can develop feelings and have personal opinions on how to act. Humanity is never recombined.
6 - The Professor, the last human (escaped to a space station?) boots up an ancient servant machine for company.
7 - After the Professor's natural death the robot, Sensei, migrates to Earth and finds pleasure in providing company and guidance, inspired by his original lines of codes, although he acts out of his own volition.
8 - Sensei knows about the plan to recombine humanity (known as "praying") but he dreads the result because it would essentially destroy the gems he love.

Attached: Kongou sensei.jpg (1853x1479, 2.06M)

I keep forgetting about the bad Russian translations on top of Aechmea's dodgy exposition.
In case anyone knows moon, here's the page that mentions 'splitting the human body into a pure original spirit' in the machine translation
Although a *machine* translation is a bit poetic considering the topic at hand

Attached: 048.jpg (720x1024, 132K)

So the "mistake" is this: robots were compelled by their programming to modify (split) humans to save them, a long term plan during which humans temporarily stopped being humans, but during the period of time when humans stopped being humans, robots stopped being compelled to serve them, and therefore the plan stopped in the middle of the process. The robots now have free will and the last robot we know, Sensei, wants to live with gems. Lunarians want to stop existing, Gems want to live, and Sensei is caught in the middle.

Attached: so sad.jpg (282x174, 23K)

I'm interested in that as well. If sensei himself has split the human soul like Aechmea suggest it sounds like he should be drawing more attention to this fact. But Aechmea isn't very good at talking about important points, and he can't even be trusted to speak the truth.

Phos have something from the admirabilis, somethings from the tsukijin and is a gem, 3 in 1 so its closer to be a human maybe

So, WHY is the last level so ridiculously hard? Are lunarians bad at making video games or is Phos a casual?

I like to think that when Phos was dissolved a small part of her being (soul?) got permanently mixed with the Admirabilis, which is why she gained the ability to talk to them. Her reconstruction after being dissolved hints at a metaphor of death and rebirth.

Attached: 1511881811102.jpg (2000x1440, 263K)

I think thats why bort got a whip, so he can reach phos easier

My fucking sides

I think some of your theory goes against what's been established quite safely in the manga, but its core is definitely salvageable and possibly holding some truth.
We know that the split was effectively the end of humanity and the first gem was born eons after that.
We also know that there are 4 other ecosphere-ending catastrophes in the faraway future and according to Aechmea humans looked like bodhisattvas (which is why Lunarian warriors dress like that) and the existence of lingering spirits was considered objective science.
But the mystery of the time of the sixth catastrophe and humanity's demise could in fact hold some connection to a programming mistake: Sensei is programmed to preserve humanity, the chapters where this is discussed this in more depth are 64, 65, 66. What I think we can get is:
>ch 1, the sixth impact and the split are related, but the latter didn't happen because of the former
>ch 64, he can't talk about what happened to humanity
>ch 65, his main programming seems to be about serving PAST humanity but he also mentions he has a subprogramming about serving FUTURE humanity
>there he also says he hasn't used it in a long time, meaning he had faced a similar decision before
>ch 66 Aechmea talks about the armor of love which we all thought was bullshit but might actually be a hint about how humans couldn't react against sensei even while being destroyed
>there it's also implied he sees his programming to serve as a curse as he's not free to escape it
>called Daijihi-shou but the manga often portrays kindness as a double-edged sword or with dramatic irony
Maybe he really was the one behind the split.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c001 (v01) - p020 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 1.64M)

I think its more along the line of
> If I pray them away, it makes humans a totaly extinct race
> If I pray them away I kill humans
> Something is inbetween

Isn't the whip the hair that was cut?

I always assumed that part of Admirabilis got mixed into her.

>I was alone on the earth for some time
>then you, new mineral lifeforms, appeared
I'm a /m/an who'd like to add robots to everything but unfortunately the lore doesn't allow it

going by the little we know of the prototype manga and how shiny the whip is, it is very very likely
also this

Attached: proto Bort 1.jpg (1200x1200, 519K)

>Kongo don't pray because he is supposed to protect humans and don't want to make them extinct
>He acknowledge Phos as something close enough to a human
>Still, he doesn't protect Phos from the other gems attacks
Kongo its just a praying machine, I don't think he actually cares if the humans go "extinct" or not, the bug is something else.

>I don't think he actually cares if the humans go "extinct"
he already saw that happen once anyway
humanity knew they were doomed when they created sensei

Thats pretty metal

>el verde (irrelevante)
>el verde (irrelevante)
>el verde (irrelevante)

Who?

I agree that my theory probably has holes but this is what sold me.
>the sixth impact and the split are related, but the latter didn't happen because of the former
There is a hole in the history of the world. Sensei talks about cataclysms and says Humanity has split, and clearly the purpose is trick gems (and therefore us, the readers) into assuming the cataclysms caused the split. He didn't say that. We don't know what caused the split. It appears more and more evident that Sensei prefers misdirection to lying, so every words need to be analyzed for trickery, and this is one of the most suspicious sentence in the story. Sensei won't say how humans got splitted but the lunarians say Sensei is a robot that comes equipped with a soul slicer weapon module (?) or something like that. It's altogether too suspicious. I am willing to bet that the same japanese word for "split" is in both pages where Sensei says humanity was separated and Aechmea describes what Sensei can do.

>ch 64, he can't talk about what happened to humanity
My guess so far is that the Professor expressively forbid Sensei from talking about it. Everything points out it has to be an order from a human and he's the only human he came in contact with.
I can sorta see the situation go like this:

Professor: I'm not convinced humanity should come back, I mean we kinda destroyed the world six times. What do you think?
Sensei: It is my duty to pray. I am programmed to serve.
Professor: I want you to decide for yourself whether to pray or not.
Sensei: Emotions are a defect. I will pray if asked. Give me the order.
Professor: I will not. You should decide. You are not a slave, your are my companion, you are free.
Sensei: I do as I am asked. If anyone asks me to pray, so I must. If you won't give the order, perhaps another will.
Professor: Then I forbid you to talk to anyone about praying. If nobody knows about it then nobody can give you an order. Go out there, live your life and choose.

Well we saw Sensei being alone on Earth and then meeting the first gem (red Dia) so I'm not going to dispute any of that. However I think the story seems quite intent on telling us Sensei is a robot. It looks like there is indeed a period of time between the cataclysm and gems appearing. My interpretation is that "splitting" humans immediately turned them into immortal ghosts (Lunarians) and some by-product was left behind and eventually became Admirabilis and Gems after a long period of time. Sensei says he was alone on Earth, not alone in the universe, therefore there could be Lunarians in space. Sensei says gems took time to appear, he doesn't says Lunarians took time to appear, they could have appeared immediately after splitting, although it doesn't really change anything even if they took millions of years to manifest. We have to be critical of everything Sensei says. Even if he says there was a cataclysm, and then he was alone on Earth, and then the gems appeared, it doesn't change the fact that he met the Professor somewhere in between. He carefully avoids any mention of the Professor for whatever reasons.

No!!! They murdered Phos!! You bastards!!!

imagine the slow dead

Kongou is the opposite of Killy:
>pacifist
>loves silicon lifeforms
>actively wants to run away from a human with authentication codes
things they have in common:
>have ridiculous energy weapon
>freezes when you try to talk to them

Attached: 1487900244536.jpg (1024x751, 206K)

Which Houseki would you smooch?

Attached: D2i-eJcU4AA6Ctm.jpg (640x640, 56K)

Never forget.

Attached: 1537597978200.png (984x3584, 2.85M)

I want to die si Shinsha

I want to die so Shinsha

last time i found a pretty interesting post about new buddhism things of the manga
founded in tumblr
The person in the post was a theravada buddhist for 10 years so i'll believe her

>is sensei confirmed an artificial Bodhisattava?
>His body may not look exactly like it, but this is how you sculpt the face of Buddha idol in Theravada, especially the eyes

Attached: Buddha24.png (500x333, 371K)

>Why he can’t pray if he’s a Bodhisattava?
>f I understand this correctly, the only way to reach nirvana is through self-betterment in every tradition. It is true that the concept of Bodhisattava is much more relevant in Mahayana. Bodhisattava is someone who could reach nirvana, but decided to stay in Samsara a bit longer to help more people. However, I believe that the role of a Bodhisattava is to guide people, not to pray for them, which is the core idea of Buddhism. You gotta wipe your own ass. When the professor built him, I believe she tried to cross that boundary. It worked with more simple creatures like Shiro or the cage plants, but not with humans who’s full of sins/bad karma.

Bort’s reaction to Phos in Ch.77

My first thought was that Bort didn’t know how to hold back, but now I think they made a calculated decision. Phos was dangerous. In their first fight, if Shinsha wasn’t there, I’m pretty sure Bort would get shattered. Phos’ sword wasn’t their only weapon, but also their arms. They managed to cut off Bort’s leg and disarm them because of their range. It might be the first time ever Bort was overpowered by another gem. So it makes sense that Bort got a weapon with range and shattered Phos first, just to be safe.

>Interpretation of Nirvana
>So, there are several interpretations of Nirvana that I’ve come across over the years.

3.1 Basic stuff, nonexistence after death, being freed from Samsara, becoming nothingness. I’m sure we’re all familiar with this one.

3.2 The state where you achieve peace of mind. It’s a state that you’re free of Kleshas, which is the thoughts that could cause an action that will bring suffering. Without Kleshas, there’s no pain, no suffering, nothing. No misconceptions or opinions. It’s the understanding that nothing is built to last. When you’re free of worldly desire and go with the flow, that’s nirvana

i fucked up the last post, sorry
>Interpretation of Nirvana
So, there are several interpretations of Nirvana that I’ve come across over the years.
Basic stuff, nonexistence after death, being freed from Samsara, becoming nothingness. I’m sure we’re all familiar with this one.
The state where you achieve peace of mind. It’s a state that you’re free of Kleshas, which is the thoughts that could cause an action that will bring suffering. Without Kleshas, there’s no pain, no suffering, nothing. No misconceptions or opinions. It’s the understanding that nothing is built to last. When you’re free of worldly desire and go with the flow, that’s nirvana
Nirvana as an eternal state or truth. In Buddhism, it’s a known fact that nothing lasts. Everything has a beginning, changes, and an end.Things we know exist because it begins, we acknowledge it and interpret it. However, Nirvana is the state that doesn’t have no beginning. And when it has no beginning, it doesn’t change or end. So, when a living person who grasps the concept of nirvana finally dies, they’re gone, but nirvana stays. It already exists in nature.

>Bort’s haircut and symbolism of change.
When that first happened, I thought it signified Bort’s future betrayal.
So haircut is letting go of a past, yadda yadda, basic stuff. In Theravada text, monks cut their hair because hair symbolizes their status. Cutting it free them from worldly possessions and, hypothetically, Kleshas. One aspect of Kleshas is Avidya, which is ignorance, and Bort is full of Avidya. They were so adamant in what they believed, and wouldn’t listen to Phos or anyone at all. I think it makes sense if the haircut foreshadowed that one day, bort will be free from their own Avidya.
On visual symbolism, I think Bort on lunarian ship is a pretty iconic imagery. It’s a role-reversal of classic good vs evil. Getting rid of that is a brave move for a manga. Now both sides are getting more and more humanized. Gems are no longer the good. Everyone threw their sword at Phos who were limping on the ground, half-broken, begging. Obliterating someone who’s down is very human, if you ask me. The line between them is blurred.
Lastly, Bort is the type that prefers efficiency. If Bort hypothetically have to sacrifice a large portion of their body and have it replaced for greater good, I think they would go along, considering their nature and how gem society doesn’t care about individual needs. Bort follows logical solutions and does what would benefit their society the most, even at the cost of hurting other people. Which is why I think that when Bort knows the truth, it’s possible that they will change sides. I actually expected them to be the first to do so.

Can we all agree that Sensei did his best to be a good single father

>When the professor built him, I believe she tried to cross that boundary
That theory appears quite outdated by now. When we first learned about the professor then we could guess that maybe she made Sensei to pray. However the longer the story goes, the more it seems that the Professor is the reason why Sensei cannot pray. She may have ordered him not to pray or ordered him to not talk about praying, and if she has not given specific orders, she may have caused Sensei to manifest feelings that gets in the way of his functions and which he considers as defects.

so bortz calvo have a meaning behind

>My interpretation is that "splitting" humans immediately turned them into immortal ghosts (Lunarians) and some by-product was left behind and eventually became Admirabilis and Gems after a long period of time. Sensei says he was alone on Earth, not alone in the universe, therefore there could be Lunarians in space. Sensei says gems took time to appear, he doesn't says Lunarians took time to appear, they could have appeared immediately after splitting
Well that's more or less to be assumed.
Aechmea said that karma-loaded spirits were wandering the Earth before Sensei was created, in fact that's the very reason why Kongo was created in the first place: that moonies in this chapter could check on Sensei's inner processing seems to corroborate this.
Plus we should add that they could recreate a decent professor-lookalike meaning they obviously were around at that time, and also Aechmea naming everyone else but being ashamed of his own name, meaning someone else gave it to him.
So some human spirits were definitely around before the split, what happened later according to Aechmea is how they "mutated" (probably meaning they took a more concrete form) and found their place on the moon.

Attached: Lunarian names up to ch71.jpg (1280x607, 274K)

He's a good teacher but he's an over-protective father. All of his children still lives in his house after thousands of years. He should be teaching the gems to be independent, to chop trees and carve rocks to build their own home, to create a small village surrounded with walls, even if it's just a tiny cradle of civilization. He can teach the gems to be independent and live on their own but he doesn't. Additionally, Aechmea hints that Sensei is responsible for the gems having a very low level of technology so Sensei can hide his true nature as a robot. If it's true then Sensei has blood on his hands, because his children can suffer from sickness, sickness that can be cured with technology (we know at least one case), so preventing or discouraging the development of technology will condemn the sick children to a dark future.

this is your Pads tonight

Attached: Pads.jpg (801x1200, 111K)

>Which is why I think that when Bort knows the truth, it’s possible that they will change sides
Interesting idea that sounds right, although I'm not sure what truth would get Bort to start supporting Phos again.

If you're going to write long posts using theyfaggotry could you differentiate between singular and plural, in cases where it's ambiguous, like so: they(s) and they(p)? I know I can't convince you to just choose normal pronouns, even if it makes reading much easier, but it gets confusing when you write something so long sometimes.
>Phos who were limping on the ground
even you're getting confused.

>in fact that's the very reason why Kongo was created in the first place: that moonies in this chapter could check on Sensei's inner processing seems to corroborate this
I'm not sure I understand. The only think we know about Kongou is that he started his existence as a companion for the Professor. It isn't clear whether she found a robot in hibernation mode in a pod and "woke him", or found a factory and pressed a button that delivered a robot build according to schematic. I discard the possibility that she fully built him without schematics because he has too many functions that are unrelated to being a companion robot.

Too feminine, absolute trash.

Eh, why would they need anything beyond stone age if they don't need it?
>grug cold
>grug sees fire
>grug maek fire with wood so grug not cold
meanwhile gems don't feel cold, heat, hunger, thirst, urge to reproduce. They cannot travel far either.

>It worked with more simple creatures like Shiro
Why is everyone so dumb? Neither Shiro nor the boardgame dissolved because Adamant prayed for them, they reached peace on their own. This is literally spelled in the pages. How dumb can people be holy shit

Attached: houseki11hd.mp4_snapshot_16.45.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

Phos "were" limping on the ground because she was shattered into many pieces, therefore she self-identified as multiple entities, the Phos Collective. She can't be a singular entity if she is spilled all over the floor.

Ah, I see, it makes sense now. Thank you.

Attached: Padparadscha.jpg (1419x2000, 231K)

Now that's more like it. Post more Chadpachadschad.

>The only think we know about Kongou is that he started his existence as a companion for the Professor.
Fuck no it's not the only thing we know, there's the whole dialogue by Aechmea on Phos's first night on the moon -we must be wary of everything he says but it's where most of our information comes from.
You're contradicting yourself if you say "he was built as a companion" which Aechmea tells us at that time and simultaneously reject everything else he recounts because you prefer your headcanon.
He also says that the professor CREATED him and that keeping company to the last human was the *original* poetic reason for its creation, not the only one. Read the manga instead of making up stuff.

Eh, I think the fate of the dog and board pieces is left intentionally unclear. Aechmea's words are vague about Sensei's involvement, he mentions giving them permission to vanish. He doesn't specifically describe praying (and if praying creates light then he certainly didn't do it) but at least Aechmea implies that Sensei's involvement was necessary (giving them permission) and that they couldn't vanish on their own. We can't even consider that Aechmea would speak the truth about this particular subject. He gains nothing from saying all souls can achieve peace on their own. Logically he would lie about this. It makes more sense for him to lie and imply that no soul can vanish on their own and that's why Sensei is a piece of shit for denying the Lunarian their rest. If Aechmea recognizes that souls can achieve peace on their own then he's admitting to Phos that Lunarians are just lazy pieces of shit trying to threaten Sensei for petty reasons, and of course Phos would answer "Then you don't actually need Sensei, why are we even talking, just leave us alone". The rules might be different between people and dogs and board pieces, but the bottom line is this: Aechmea never claims the rules are different. He should, if it was true. It's the opposite, his language strongly implies that Sensei was necessary (gave permission) to make it happen.

Attached: petdoggo.png (337x400, 129K)

I'm not strictly saying that Aechmea cannot lie. I repeat that he cannot be trusted at every opportunity. However I don't think it can be denied, Aechmea IS our only source of information on the Professor. Phos tried to talk about the Professor and Sensei refused to say a single word. He didn't even acknowledge she was a human. It's unclear how exactly she "created" him, there are several interpretation on "creating" a robot, whether it's from scratch of following a schematic or booting up a device. I think it's undeniable the robot in question has many functions that do not belong on a companion robot (indestructible armor, sonic scream, particle weapon, mysterious soul slicer), everything about Sensei sounds like military-grade equipment except the buddhist robe he wears.

Attached: kongo.png (500x707, 232K)

tech could help cinnabar. give them a clear reverse-diving-suit to contain their mercury so they can interact with the other gems without killing everything.

Thing is, Shiro and Adamant's dog and the board game too. They couldn't pass because they still had strong attachments to their master (seeing master one last time -probably- for Shiro, being lost and forgotten for the boardgame), which is why some last exchange was needed. Both were pardoned, released of their attachments as a last gesture of kindness and invited to pass over (Sensei could've held on to them to keep them around a bit more as well but he didn't).
Lunarians as a whole aren't that directly related to Adamant, at least as far as we're aware, they're just asking him to use his bodhisattva powers on his devotees.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c043 (v06) - p164 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 719K)

*Shiro was adamant's

why are earth gems pure scum ?

was this really necessary?

I can't read the original japanese but "obtaining his permission for the other world" seems clear enough for me. I do not argue that Aechmea can be trusted, I am just discussing this source of information individually and trying to make sense of it. From Aechmea's choice of words I suppose it is possible for the dog and the board games to meet Sensei and still be unable to pass on, if they didn't receive permission. I recognize that it's unclear what permission means in this context and could be gesture, keyword or feelings, or even a mistranslation of the japanese, who knows.

Attached: aechmea discussion.jpg (838x794, 224K)

I also like to point out that Achmea doesn't actually acknowledges that neither Shiro nor the board game have vanished. It is entirely possible as a future plot twist that Aechmea fully believes Shiro and the board games are still on Earth. I don't know if the japanese is more clear but in this translation Aechmea only says that the dog didn't have permission to vanish and was reborn, not that the dog got permission and vanished, and he says that both went to Sensei's side, not that they left him.

>Bortz NTR'd this qt as soon as he could get his grubby hands on a more skilled fighter
That's unforgivable.
I wonder who Zircon is paired with now.

better safe than sorry considering how the night raid ended with 6 earth gems shattered

Attached: Zircon squat.jpg (744x1200, 82K)

Note: Aechmea calls both the dog and board game "failure" which leaves room for misunderstanding. Perhaps Phos does not ask more questions on these subjects because she assumes the dog and board game are failures because they failed their assault. After all, they got captured and vanished. Perhaps Aechmea calls them failure because he assumes they did not vanish. I could be wrong but I don't think this is settled perfectly clear.

This stuff really fucks me up, poor Sensei gets the cheapest punches from the moonies.

Good thing the show was 3D though, can't really imagine them pulling this fight of in 2D

Bortz is the most efficient person there. Bortz did NOT attack Phos, because Bortz understood that Phos was simply having a mental breakdown and wouldn't harm Sensei. So no, it wasn't necessary.

She was too slow to react and I bet she's pissed she didn't get to smash Phos.

Attached: 1512691809545.png (1280x720, 549K)

This is not a contradiction at all.
The way I think the whole thing makes the most sense is pointing out the close relationships that the two dead entities entertained with Kongo. He could've chosen not to free them, but instead he did.
"Obtaining permission" reflects this aspect. Instead the terms used for the moonies are "make us earn paradise" and "purify us"

Once someone pointed out that we don't see Rutile's knives being thrown I feel like Bortz having smashed Phos as well can't be ruled out

Calm your pecs bortzanon. Bortz most likely understands Phos' intentions, but thinks that he has been mislead.
Afterall, he did have a short conversation with Phos during the raid, and it's not hard to put two and two together that Phos, the one who had got personality-death because of losing a gem, might actually be working towards helping gem society as a whole. Regardless of how mislead he is.
There were only eight lines going through Phos, to show the eight swords, but you're right, it's somewhat ambiguous.

>He could've chosen not to free them, but instead he did.
Then it looks like we agree on the subject. The discussion stems all the way back to >Neither Shiro nor the boardgame dissolved because Adamant prayed for them, they reached peace on their own
It's been a long string of posts but I was particularly focused on discussing the last sentence, "they reached peace on their own". It's not what Aechmea says and I don't think he would say it even if it was true. Either he would say the truth and claim Sensei was necessarily involved for passing on, either he would lie and pretend souls cannot pass on their own to better convince Phos that Sensei must pray for the Lunarians. Although it is indeed unclear what it means when dog and board vanished because there's no visual indicator for praying, and twice we have seen that it creates light.

Bortz is dumb then.

>chapter discussion is already spent
>thread so dead it resorted to badly copypasting some long-winded t*mblr in broken English that adds nothing new to the discussion
>compilanon hasn't been heard of in a week
I'm going to go read an old book about exoteric Buddhist imagery, it sounds more productive

Attached: Bort underwater concept art.jpg (1136x640, 189K)

Post the coolest pics here. Or the ones you think are related to houseki

Plato’s allegory of The Cave kind of predicted this chapter.

Phos is smarter and understands the world they have found is superior. But the time outside of “darkness” means they are now “blind” in the cave. The other cavern dwellers infer that this means being outside the “cave” is harmful, and anyone who returns is a dangerous outcast or madman, spouting ideas they cannot even conceive.

And so they kill them. Which is a very ‘human’ thing to do.

And I still love her!

Attached: 21B22491-6E35-4F76-83B5-9DE9019E8BFA.jpg (993x1200, 185K)

The concept artbook is so damn cool
I love the 2 other artbooks made by Haruko, especially the statue one, so surreal.

the gemlets are perfectly happy murdering one of their own to maintain status quo. They’ve done it before.

What’s interesting is that aechmea wanted to talk to Adamant before it activated. I honestly don’t get that. But im Not sure why kongou just sat back while Phos got his ass beat.

The situation is a bit different seeing that the Earth gems have good reasons to be wary of whatever comes from the lunarians. Despite that, the first time Phos came to Earth there were multiple gems that were intrigued by what Phos was saying, only Euclase and Cinnabar appeared to really suspect or deny Phos.
Phos has gained knowledge, but as of yet that knowledge hasn't really provided any benefit to most of the gems, and Phos is still far from knowing the whole truth about the world.
Maybe you could argue the gems on the moon will be happier and the gems on Earth reformed their society somewhat, but we will have to wait and see whether the gems reconstructed from dust are okay or not and whether the other gems see an improvement in their situation.

Compilanon was spotted only a couple of days ago, they said they had exams/coursework though iirc
There's still plenty more OC to compile, some user made a big list that's up on desuarchive as a reference

The sun has blinded Phos too because she thinks Sensei and his cult followers can be talked to.

Attached: brain after snorting gay rocks.jpg (680x717, 137K)

Attached: DERRDD.png (912x348, 807K)

the only thing that's shocking about this chapter is that Phos is bad at video games

Attached: I can't believe it.jpg (932x488, 126K)

>implying
Moonie video games are designed for people who have been playing vidya nonstop for millenia and are developed to be rediculously challenging as a result. A single moonie NEET could dominate any modern esport scene.

This is too fucking real user

Attached: phos deleet.png (500x650, 229K)

Ghost, I want to love him tenderly.

Genki phos should be kept away from bad influences

Attached: fuckphos.png (665x534, 107K)

I want to kiss phos.
I want to kiss her so much it hurts.

Anyone Madoka Magica fans here? Trying to design a witch form for Phos. Wish I knew how to imitate Inu Curry's style.

Attached: witch.jpg (1500x1300, 1.74M)

Plato's cave is about the philosopher understanding the nature of reality as a simulacrum and being killed because organized society cannot understand that, though. It's specifically about knowledge otherwise every sci-fi YA novel would be a cave allegory, Jesus dying on the cross would be one too.
I wouldn't say the primary source of conflict among gems is about knowledge or understanding.

>>>/moonchan/

>finally get around to reading the manga
>read from 20-77 today
>this is the page I'm left on
Should have just waited another month.

Phos taking gems to moon was painful to read, he even went back saying he can't trust faggot Prince but does everything he say anyway, putting every egg in one basket with no backup plan or escape also fuck that cocksucker Cairngorm.

Attached: 1548906901662.jpg (960x902, 59K)

Phos is definitely not someone who plans far in advance.

Attached: 1545952487659.png (265x414, 71K)

>guy that is cut off from the image on the far left near cinnabar
>moon gems

Yeah I know, now I've got to wait around like everyone else even though I'm expecting seeing moon gems getting recycled while Cairngorm snorts gem dust and moon smegma off Aechmea cock.

Thanks user, I needed a new agony to fill the void left by waiting on a new chapter.

Attached: Untitled.png (675x851, 110K)

Is this before or after Ken beats Shin?

I'll pray for you user

Interesting idea but there are some serious problems with your thinking. Robots by definition (a la Turing machines, i.e. robots with infinite resource) cannot handle contradictions and would halt indefinitely when encountering one. Mutating/splitting humans into their 3 distinct parts would be indistinguishable from eliminating all "beings known as humans" (this is clear from the story as well as how the 3 distinct forms of human do not pass Kongo's authentification), which, as you've said, contradicts their first law. Depending on how these prayer robots were programmed in the first place, seeing a contradiction like this would either cause the robot to halt or make them violate the first law. Assuming the robots cannot violate the laws in any circumstance, then the mutations must occur naturally and it really is out of the programmers' hands.
>but he dreads the result because it would essentially destroy the gems he love.
I don't get this part. Why would it? As far as we know the birth of gems and the inclusions are evolutionary facts that is distinct from how human souls function. If the souls were prayed away nature would still take its course and produce gems from the Cape.

Attached: kongou_matara.jpg (640x807, 120K)

Not exactly. The problems is that
>Phos is smarter
He isn't. Allegory of the cave doesn't work when the one who went outside is already a bumbling idiot.

topmost of keks

wtf happened to shinsha? it's like she's a completely different character

Attached: 29.jpg (869x1252, 199K)

needs more jewels

What are you thinking, shattered gems across the ground?

It's called character development

Shinsha is only good for one thing and that's killing other gems. She has a purpose now, stopping Phos.

She wanted to feel useful to somebody. Now she's useful to Bort's massive cock. She just got what she wanted.

What moment has had the most impact for you?
For me it was either one of these

Attached: x25.jpg (1914x1436, 352K)

Shinsha may finally do something worthwhile next chapter. I could see the gems debating whether they should bury the Phos fragments so she never comes back, or grind her to dust, or cover her with mercury to dissolve her. Then Shinsha, who has a tendency to stay neutral and who doesn't hate Phos altogether, could sneak into the night, take the Phos fragments, dump them in the ocean and tell her to never come back. If Phos is stuck in a jail and one gem helps her escape, it gotta be the cinnabun.

Attached: absolute worst gem.jpg (600x848, 110K)

>she's useful to Bort's massive cock
Nothing wrong with that

Attached: bortzsha5.jpg (1280x2936, 650K)

I think it's more likely the earth gems will agree to dump Phos into the ocean.
Or maybe they'll want to talk to Phos, without Sensei present.

Attached: Dr_I6OiX0AEyTCU.jpg large.jpg (538x1209, 77K)

Honestly I doubt the earth gems would permanently dispose of Phos. Kongo and Euclase already know that Phos is crucial in making progress towards solving the lunarian problem, so the earth gems will still need Phos down the line.

Attached: euclase_laps_up_lapis1.jpg (1200x978, 497K)

>filename_1
is there a complete series of these, or is this just riffing on the lewd by the same name?

Attached: 7101_.png (1426x2048, 1.13M)

Attached: euclase_laps_up_lapis.jpg (1240x1680, 665K)

Well, I know about that one, almost every lewdposting thread has it. I was wondering if they made a complete series or doujin rather than just one lewd and a meme filename

Here is my theory (original donutsteel) on why Sensei cannot pray away the lunay

Attached: sensei is (heart)broken.png (1426x2048, 996K)

>made a doujin
Lol no.

Attached: euclase_laps_up_lapis3.png (1000x1000, 247K)

link it

>being able to ride the huge cock of a younger stud

Agreed. I don't know what Dia's problem was.

Attached: 1511200491530.jpg (1100x767, 143K)

I do have this one but it's also old

Attached: euclase_laps_up_lapis4.png (800x1200, 427K)

Attached: ghost v05p35.jpg (507x566, 159K)

Attached: euclase_ghosts_ghost.png (631x981, 587K)

Ghost has suffered enough.

Attached: 1548950499485.png (562x585, 255K)

Attached: bortzsha12.png (944x1616, 570K)

The conversation seems close, but not quite. This whole thing feels like there's a problem with the Lunarians themselves that's preventing him from carrying out the directives.
Phos is the key to making it work, but something is missing.
The missing piece of the puzzle is with the admiralbilis themselves.
Which I suppose will help generate another story arc, and the author will still have a job for another year and a half.

Attached: 1548738233947.png (400x400, 173K)

How does a board game have a soul and need to move on?
I mean... shit, does this mean toy story and brave litter toaster were REAL in that reality?

It might be the lack of the soul that's the important bit. Maybe dogs don't have souls which is why Shiro could go as well.

It seems the cage phos is in dissolves in a similar way as the dog/board right? There are flower petals on the ground after that? So maybe he can pray for most things just not the lunarians.

Karma and buddhism and all that jazz

I... this chapter left me speechless, I was spoiled by everywhere in parts, but reading it its just... too much, the last page was just pain and dissapointment, this silence from phos will last a month now and there's nothing we can do, I can't even think into doing effortposting.
Ichikawa is just amazing at it's job.
Jesus user, stay strong and thanks for trusting in us in this shithole to share.

Attached: me_picking_phos_pieces.jpg (960x1105, 111K)

Yeah I really don't understand what's up with the cage. Did Ichikawa just forgot about it? One page it's there, then it's gone. I expect lunarian technology to vanish into fluffy clouds but not stuff that the earth gems make.

He didn't pray for either Shiro or the game though. They passed by their own will. As for their souls, Sensei says that he was responsible for their creation, so that settles that.

Reminder that Phos's main objective isn't to get Kongo to pray but to avenge Antarcticite

Attached: file.png (400x400, 135K)

Reminder that Phos still isn't stronger than Sensei, strong enough to wipe out an army in a single stroke.

>Sensei says that he was responsible for their creation, so that settles that.
I don't think he says that tho

Attached: heMadeIt.jpg (1000x1429, 236K)

Phos will have a hard time achieving that. Her core (torso) is still made of phosphophyllite and Sensei can shatter that stuff into a thousand pieces just by screaming really loud. Either she completely replaces her body, either she fights Sensei in space where he can't kill her just by speaking. I'm not a scientist but I'm pretty sure fighting underwater would not provide total protection.

Oh, I stand corrected. When I first read that page I interpreted that he made an inert board game which the Lunarians made alive later. The page can also mean that he made it alive right from the start. On another hand there isn't any mention elsewhere in the story that Sensei is able to create souls, which sounds like it should be a big deal, and I express some doubts that he gave a soul to a dog.

Just need more soft and springy alloy to cushion the blow. With enough alloy, anything's possible. Who knows, Phos might not even have a phosphophyllite torso after this.
I like to think that, in the case of the board game at least, Sensei actually did make it, and it was his affection for it that let it be attached to him. Kind of romantic.

Nice thread, guys. Suffer with you all next month.

Last for Lapis?

Attached: Lapis-lazuli_hg.jpg (2214x1826, 1.85M)

The other gems comment at multiple points that Phos is unexpectedly smart/perceptive, even before getting Lapis' head. It's just that Phos is either lazy or irresponsible or insane or some combination of the three at any given point in time.