Higurashi

Should I rewatch this?
I watched it years ago when my taste was still underdeveloped, and found it boring as fuck. 60 minutes of garbage, uninteresting exposition for 5 minutes of something compelling. Just a really tedious watch overall, did not like it. But I've always been hearing about how 'deep' it is, and that it's one of the best psychological anime out there. Will I be more interested in it now that my tastes have grown more distinct, and I've now grown to like anime like it? I just feel like it kind of went over my head back then. Or was I right in thinking it's garbage?
Or do I read the visual novels instead?

Attached: higurashi.jpg (225x319, 40K)

cartoon I watch was fun!

disappoint with village god though

what kind idiot make ruthless god little girl?

death by bat death by drug death by nail death by bridge fall death by axe death by school bomb death by parasite death by alien death by fall off apartment death by shovel death by push off water fall death by bill hook death by snipe death by knife death by fire death by truck

and and

and they make god moe blob with horn?!

Attached: maria.png (1148x646, 487K)

I watched it and I thought it was garbage, yet people keep creaming on how good and deep it is. I don't get it

Why not give it a try? You don't have to finish if you still don't like it.
I've never seen anyone claim it's deep. I just love the mystery and the suspense in the first season.

What I mean is people over analysing the show on MAL, but in retrospect that happens with a lot of shows. OP could still revisit it though, because he might like it now

Read sound novel instead.

Either read the VN or the manga.
The VN tends to drag on quite a bit, but this is to set up misdirection and bits of world building. If you're revisiting the series and still remember all the major story beats I'd recommend the manga instead.

The VN is long, the anime is too short, the manga is just right.

Attached: 1538260176519.jpg (1200x1009, 154K)

>higurashi anime
Oh no nonono
Read the sound novel. Always go for the source material.

I can't be the only one who prefers the anime, right?
>great OST
>leaves out just enough to make things more vague and mysterious, but still coherent
>best way to enjoy the SoL parts
>meme visuals but at this point it's part of the charm
>dramatic zooms are dramatic
The only problems I have with it are any Satoko-centric parts, especially Tatarigoroshi-hen which was terribly adapted. And it is less scary than the sound novel or even the manga.

Attached: 1525411032561.jpg (719x720, 67K)

As someone who played the VN recently just watch the anime. It's good but the anime does it justice.

Attached: 111.jpg (2481x1754, 640K)

>It's good but the anime does it justice.
No it fucking does't. Stop being a lying faggot.

The anime doesn't have 10 hours of boring SOL every new chapter. Plus if you actually want to finish you'll need to watch the anime anyway since Kai isn't translated.

Attached: 1550638242262.png (262x427, 120K)

>Or do I read the visual novels instead?
Read the VN and skip through the boring SOL parts. The actual horror and thriller sections are absolutely top-tier and aren't given justice in the anime.

>great OST
Would the VN with the Anime OST be the best way to experience Higurashi?

This.
Though honestly, just read Umineko.

Favorite Higurashi doujin?

Attached: 1552292566770.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

Attached: Chie.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

It is translated though
Inform yourself before pulling shit out of your ass.

Since when was Kai fully translated?

So who is Mion and Shion here lads?
Im confused whos who.

Attached: higurashi2.gif (450x466, 1.42M)

Since years ago
MG's only rereleasing them to steam right now
The only thing you'd be missing out is the new sprites or voices if you're using the patch, on top of having to deal with a slightly lower quality translation, but as it is now you can experience the whole Higurashi sound novel

>MAL
Why the fuck would you care about what they have to say?

mion is shion, and shion is mion.

Can we all agree that MionShoin is best girl?

Attached: 1530174993852.png (1024x576, 566K)

The one you've come to know as Shion up to this point is the one that's dressed like Mion, but she's also the real Mion.

>Shoin

Attached: 1451722076057.jpg (500x281, 16K)

Just kill me now.

Attached: 1530190803529.gif (318x320, 2.97M)

Keichan is going to fuck Mion

No, you should read the VN. Manga is also a solid choice though.

Is this from an artbook?

wait so cage girl and original is Shion
while the one who loves niinii and crazy is Mion?

Those are the names they had when they were born
But then shenanigans happened and they switched permanently
Read the VN

They swapped places frequently when they were younger and because of that Shion was given the demon tattoo instead of Mion and they then swapped places permanently.

Read the VN.

Attached: Astolfo, the Imprisoned One.png (750x724, 824K)

The VN is a lot better.
My favourite arcs are Tatarigoroshi and Tsukiotoshi.

The only good VN adaptation is S;G, you should always go to the VN no matter what.

read the vn then read umineko then get excited for the trainwreck that ciconia is gonna be

>trainwreck
Looks like it's going to be straight up terrible. Who the hell reads R07 works for the action scenes?

Attached: Ciconia.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

Depends, are you watching Kai or non-Kai? Non-kai was entertaining, kai wasn't as much but provided closure.