At last the anime community has finally shown their true colors...

At last the anime community has finally shown their true colors, by demonstrating how many of you never really care about OPM "great" story, groundbreaking characters, funny comedy, and overall being a fantastic "deconstruction" of the superhero genre. In reality it was all about the over-the-top sakuga.

Attached: tumblr_po53zarvlV1ug4sui_400.png (1262x672, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PurpleGeth/status/1109807565460905984
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You already made this thread today

At last the anime community has finally shown their true colors, by demonstrating how many of you never really care about OPM "great" story, groundbreaking characters, funny comedy, and overall being a fantastic "deconstruction" of the superhero genre. In reality it was all about the over-the-top sakuga.

Attached: 1552965626173.png (1280x720, 1.73M)

How dare we point out that Madhouse does better animation than PA works?

I don't care about OPM at all and never have. Checkmate.

I care about all that, it's why I read the webcomic and manga
I only watch the anime to see cool shit moving around the screen

>caring about the normie bullshit that is OPM
Wow. The bar has really dropped around here.

On some level, I feel like I'm making fun of OPM to kind of lessen the blow. It was one of my favorite anime in the past, and I am still fond of it.
In all honesty it's sad seeing all the hate its been getting recently. I especially feel bad for ONE and Murata. What a waste of potential. At least the anime will probably still make a lot of money.

Attached: .....png (273x453, 29K)

Its by JC Staff not PA Works lol

This thread again?

J.C. Staff has been on a roll lately

Attached: 0CECBE7B-C562-466A-9A9F-A53C1E14F87F.jpg (1200x600, 265K)

I just don't care anymore.

Bones*

>story
That's what the manga is for.

OPM never had an "amazing" story but when you make an anime adaptation and it has fucking incredible visuals, to get lazy and make season 2 not have visuals at least on that level is fucking stupid.

Railgun is boring so it doesn't really have anything else going for it but well animated little girls being cute.

>the anime community
cringe

Is this some reddit pasta?

Daily reminder

Attached: 7723103A-95BC-43EA-9F95-DC4CFFB316AB.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

The Sakuga and cool art style was the only thing holding up One Joke Man

It came from a mob thread

If I just wanted the story I'd read the manga.

Anime is about animation, and if its shitty, especially in an action show, then it seriously fucks with the enjoyment you get from watching it. This doesn't even have the style to make the low budget shit look fun, it honest to god just looks like cheap garbage..

railgun was never good tho.

>Madhouse
>better than PA works
lol

I was browsing MAL's forums out of curiosity. It comes from there. Retarded user seems to have agreed with that post so much that he started spamming it.

Daily reminder: Read the fucking manga

Attached: 758588.jpg (640x958, 245K)

I love Saten! She is my wife and I love her very much!

pomf

>I was browsing MAL's forums
there are probably faster methods of getting cancer

Attached: 1480783664449.png (500x500, 203K)

Attached: the first result when i googled genos.png (310x447, 253K)

This thread again?

At least their shit isn't being made by Pierrot.
OPMfags and SnKfags had the boon of having good quality anime

Animation was One Joke Man's only redeeming quality.

This

People might joke about it, and turn it into a meme, but the western anime fanbase IS extremely shallow when it comes to visuals.
Sakugaboo doesn't help, I can't blame them for what they are doing because they are just talking about what they like but they do create an environment where anime is reduced only to a technical view of animation(and often missing that the core artistic value of animation is in the transformation and not animation in itself).

Attached: 85E60799-2D12-4ACC-AC5A-85B2DD517917.jpg (1920x3240, 504K)

Attached: Selection_024.png (470x504, 191K)

People can like an anime for multiple reasons you faggot

You arent fooling anyone newtranny.
>>>/reddit/

Attached: anime1.png (501x379, 172K)

No shit people only cared about wanking muratas art

>mfw Konosuba looked and animated better than One JUST Man

shounenfags on suicide watch

Attached: 1536789877282.png (424x412, 305K)

season 1

Attached: xzcwQZL.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

>Browsing MAL

Hanging on a noose is a more efficient way to commit suicide than lurking on MAL

Attached: 1515532839606.png (1028x880, 319K)

Overlord cgi

>caring about fillershit

>cherrypicking a frame that is not even visible to our eyes
Cope

2010s TV anime is not worth watching from both a technical and a narrative/artistic perspective.

>still picture has more detail than animation
NO FUCKING SHIT

>"deconstruction" of the superhero genre
It was only ever a deconstruction of the Japanese superhero genre most of us aren't that familiar with, this series had nothing really to say about the Western superhero genre.

Attached: Garou dumb logic.png (800x1150, 188K)

"animation"

Not a fair comparison. KonoSuba is a movie. Plus, it retained all of it's animation staff, unlike OPM

>At last the anime community
Why should anyone care what a bunch of secondaries think about any series?

Attached: Baki_Dou.jpg (719x1200, 496K)

yes retard

>A certain scientific communist

OPM fans have been totally exposed, they never cared about OPM, people only watched the series for the animation, and now that it's gone they don't want to watch it anymore because it's average at best. Same with most people that follow the manga, they only watch it for Murata's art and that's a fact too.
Now the graphics aren't there it will be judged by what it is, and people are already not wanting to see it because they know they won't like it, such a sad fanbase.

OPM has always been and will always be the infantile "le ebin sooo badass lmao" sakugashit show that has absolutely no merit on its own.

(OP)
Sandwich fans have been totally exposed, they never cared about sandwiches, people only ate the sandwiches for the bread, and now that it's gone they don't want to eat it anymore because it's average at best. Same with most people that eat the burger, they only eat it for the bun and that's a fact too.
Now the bread aren't there it will be judged by what it is, and people are already not wanting to see it because they know they won't like it, such a sad fanbase.

>OPM "great" story, groundbreaking characters, funny comedy, and overall being a fantastic "deconstruction" of the superhero genre

None of that is even there you fucking idiot. It stopped being a parody after the first year and it's a piece of crap for years now.

>read the fucking manga
Fuck no, it's garbage.

I guess you're right, Sentai stuff is a lot more about fighting giant monsters, while Western superheroes usually fight human villains and the occasional alien.

(you) were never good

Attached: 1547241420762.jpg (543x734, 84K)

>in the past
It has just been 3 years and the manga is always great

dumb zoomer

No, Manga went to shit 4 years ago.

Konosuba's movie looks fucking great so far though.

Explain how
Consistent top notch art with the same story from the webcomic with few alterations to give more development

>durr le bald autistic man kills everyone with one punch despite looking and acting like a retard
This joke got old 3 episodes in. How could the possibly stretch it out in to two seasons?

>are you done with your boring ass bullshit
I'm sure a lot of people want to ask same question to ONE and Murata.

Story meanders like a turtle in a desert, dozens uninteresting characters, boring fights and Murata's art actually got worse.

All these things are the reason why people liked the manga.
At this point the visuals are the only thing that can be discussed about the adaptation and they happen to be total shit.
Sorry i didn't praise the writing of a show that isn't out yet.

>a sandwich without bread
>a burger without buns
serious question here.
without the bread or the bun, is it still considered a sandwich or a burger? at first I thought the answer was no but then I asked myself: is a burger without a patty still a burger? and the answer for me is yes
what's the answer bros?

>it's okay for anime to look shit
it's a visual medium, of cause people will care about visuals unless they like to eat shit
you can read manga for story

Read the original web comic then instead of the murata pedo version

They should really stop tweeting out these images. It makes the pain even more unbearable.

Attached: 1553431989851.png (586x442, 424K)

I love that scene.
It's short but some really cool background animation.

Quality

>Daily reminder
Still vs In-Motion
I mean even though the Madhouse version is obviously better, but why are you damaging your own credibility like that. When comparing two stills or two in-motion pics would have a similar result without making you look like a brainlet?

>The Sakuga and cool art style was the only thing holding up One Joke Man
I don't think that was what held up the OPM(ONE) webcomic though.

Can JCStaff animate this?

Attached: tenor (1).gif (268x190, 388K)

The animation in the PV is just lazy. Lazy to the point that it's distracting from the series. The characters hardly look on model, and they float around with no weight. They're stiff and there's no sense of urgency in anything because of it. If I wanted to just have a good story, I'd reread Shin Sekai Yori. I watched One Punch man because it was funny and well animated. Now it's just funny

I guess I will now.
ONE's manga is pretty enjoyable to read, it doesn't have the weird shit that some manga has where I get visually confused (JJBA is particularly bad at this).
But it's a different sensation, you can't just turn on a manga and passively take it in while eating popcorn with your little sister.

Attached: Dz6ADdvU0AA9ViS.jpg large.jpg (1774x1030, 274K)

read the manga you pathetic cuck

Based.

twitter.com/PurpleGeth/status/1109807565460905984

If the director can bring his Boruto buddies and give us animation like this, no one would complain.

Attached: D2Q9i5U0AEUmUE.jpg (1080x1289, 190K)

Why are people mad? It looks similar to the original manga. At least it's loyal to the source material kek

But that's the Japanese audience tho. For the American audience it was all about the Sakuga and cool art style.

A burger without a patty is a sandwich. A sandwich without the bread is just toppings.

I actually don't really like the "over the top sakuga". Especially if it's just weird wibble wobbling around.

>mob shitco has sakuga in every episode
>OPM2 looks like shit despite being better
Why is this allowed?

Manga is source material, that's why it will be shit.

Damn Genos is fucking hot. A shame S2 won't do him justice.

I never watched OPM, not because it wasn't good by I just wasn't interested. I can agree that the bar for animation has been set pretty high, but you can't deny the fact that we're definitely at a shortage of real innovation lately. How many isekai/incest romcom/reboots are we going to get before something actually new and interesting turns up?

Besides mob I mean

OP is a pretentious fag...

bump

>anime community
Those retards still think badhouse made OPM great when it was all external talent. They apparently forgot badhouse did Overload S2 and S3 which are amongst the worst looking TV shows in recent times.

bait

That "weird shit" is poor scanlation quality. Since you're reading something meant for print on a screen. OPM on the other hand was a webcomic from the start.

I've already read webcomic and manga for those things. Now I want those things to be properly animated which means it needs good animation too.

At last the anime community has finally shown their true colors, by demonstrating how many of you like what I don't like.

Based Madhouse dodged fillershit and made retarded fanboys mad.

Attached: 1497696045615.jpg (302x181, 27K)

Ur not wrong, this shit is only good for being eye candy

artstyle is simpler so they can go all out with fancy effects

It's obviously a mix of both.
Nobody cares about the animation itself, nobody cares about the story alone.
People saw a show with a good story and good animation and when one of those is clearly missing on the sequel of course they are not happy.
They can tell the animation is shit from the previews, if the animation had been good but the story had turned out to be bad they would also end up disliking it after watching it.

Bump

i agree with this and it hurts me i want to look forward to new chapters but i really hate all the new characters

If we need "great" story, groundbreaking characters, funny comedy, and overall being a fantastic "deconstruction" of the superhero genre we can just read the manga. We watch anime for a n i m a t i o n

Attached: file.png (850x1257, 769K)

>we can just read the webcomic
Fix'd. Manga is generic shounenshit.

We already have all the story with the manga. If they want to do a shitty adaptation everyone has the right to be mad.

Yup

An anime is a visual medium based on motion/animation. A webcomic is a set of images devoid of motion. There’s an obvious difference, brainlet. Of course the anime needs to excel at the very concept it’s based on.

This

>Watching anime which is animation
>not caring about what it looks like when it's literally one of the things that matters
You lot are retarded

Both look very off. Zenko looks like an alien.

I think the art looks absolutely fine for what I've seen so far, it's the animation being absolute dross

I only watch anime that looks good