Why did they never get together?

why did they never get together?

Attached: cow.jpg (809x646, 38K)

So you'd keep jacking yourself off every week when you get oh so fucking excited over "omg is this chapter THE chapter".

does that mean rumiko is a hack writer?

That's right.

shit writing

>SEISMIC TOSS
>regards, Alolan Alakazam

Attached: uhpBkMY.jpg (816x726, 171K)

Ataru works better as a playa.

Also, Lum is too good for him anyways, she just never realizes it.

i LOVE tiny Lum

Attached: 02+Lum+on+Ataru.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Then...does it end with him rejecting both girls? I'm not investing into this til I fucking know.

he wants a harem of girls so he does like Lum just that he likes her equally as much as any other girl. He never decides that he loves her or decides to settle with her

Yes and the anime is notable (outside of metashit regarding how the industry / network changed) mostly because it's the first successful show to depart fairly hard from the source material while being super popular anyway.

So...does he get a harem end or just reject both?

whats so different between the anime and manga?

he tells Lum he will never love her in a devoted and monogamous way. Then Lum, though angry, decides to cut her losses and go back to her homeworld and Ataru ends up alone

they did tho

Attached: lumatarugrownup.jpg (395x375, 33K)

I'm pretty sure they do get together at the end of movie 5. That's how the manga ended so it's implied. Also one of the movies has a descendant of them so it's basically confirmed

What's with all the Lumposting lately? Not that I'm complaining.

which movie had their descendant?

Just watched Beautiful Dreamer and I can say without a doubt, Oshii is a pretentious hack. Why do faggots like him again?

ataru never kissed Lum and never told her he loved her. dont lie and post fanart

What does cumming inside Lum feel like?

It was 3. The blue haired kid kidnaps Lum because she reminds him of his mom or something.

They basically do stop spamming this you fucking nigger faggot.

Brainlet

I forgot to actually add the answer. The conclusion end with the kid's caretaker saying that Lum and Ataru are the kid's great great grandparents and that by kidnapping her he was gonna delete himself

shocking

Rumiko should've redflagged that movie desu, it's literally just Oshii doing his shitty existential babblering in a completely unrelated romcom series, at least Angel's Egg picked the themes and did it right.

He's not wrong though

Takahashi was angry with Japan for preferring Lum/Ataru over Shinobu/Ataru and the editors allow her to not get Lum and Ataru together for being open to more sequels, OVAs, movies, etc. Lum is the original waifu and together with Minmey and Clarisse, she inspired a generation of neurotic young men to stay in their rooms and reject other people

can you translate this comment to english?

Isn't it true Oshii almost directed a Lupin III movie in the 80's? Thank Christ that didn't happen. Would hate to see how he would have fucked it up. Instead of a thief, he would turn him into an ancient Martian who will accidentally destroy the world if he didn't shit squid ink every 3000 years in the name of his god, Murik the conqueror.

They say Angel's egg started as Oshii's take on Lupin

Ataru was gay for Mendou

they even kissed
baka to be desu

>and together with Minmey
redpilled

Shit that's just depressing. I-I thought this was a romcom.

Literally because Takahashi was salty that her editors said Lum was way more interesting and well received by the fanbase than the bland tsundere schoolgirl Shinobu. Seriously, Lum was originally supposed to be the *villain* of the series and an obstacle to Ataru and Shinobu's love, but people preferred Lum, so Takahashi decided to say "screw you" and cock-tease the entire Urusei Yatsura fandom.

Basically? The show never ends. Ataru refuses to stop chasing his harem, but never lets Lum leave, either, so it just... stops after the same old song and dance. It's the prototype for Ranma 1/2 in many ways, but especially in that department.

based fanbase and editors

We dodged a bullet then.

Yeah. If only they'd done the same for Ranma 1/2.

thats sort of shit since the ending of the series was no different than the ending of any other episode or chapter and it just continued like usual.

The ending of the Final chapter was kino.

Rumiko fan buzz in the air. New series from her this spring.

There's been Ranma threads too. Funnily enough, no one misses Inu Yasha (still somewhat freshly ended, relatively) or Rinne (the weakest link).

I'd give so much for a new Ranma 1/2 anime.

no it wasnt.

Inuyasha was a whiny cuck

how similar is Ranma to UY?
I watched a few Ranma 1.5 episodes a while back and I forgot a lot about it, but it seems as if a lot of characters are analogous to those from UY..
Ranma was a mix of Tobimaru and Ryuunosuke
Shampoo is a total bitch and a slut, Lum stripped off all her good traits
Happosai is a sexually perverted Cherry
Akane is boring and like an idealized form of Shinobu
I don't remember someone similar to Ataru
And that panda looks a lot like Kotatsu Neko

Honestly, that is exactly the kind of end Ataru deserves. Dude strung Lum along for who knows how long, he's a shitty human being that never deserved her in the first place.

>movies
>canon

Megane deserved a chance.

real talk though, canonically Lum was with him for at least 18 months in universe and only cared about her if another guy talked to her. Ataru deserves suffering

Attached: wow.jpg (566x656, 33K)

lupin has plenty of unmemorable/bad specials and movies, at least an oshii one would be remembered

Status quo is god of long runners.

lum is a top tier girl that deserves better

who is better than Darling?

megane

didnt megane try to pursue other girls than Lum when he had a chance to? he isnt true to her

yeah but he's pretty cool i like him

he only wants to fuck Lum, he doesnt really love her, not like Ataru does

Literally anyone, the entire point is that Ataru is the absolute bottom of the barrel.

I wish the series had more Ataru suffering for how he treated Lum

But Ataru doesn't fucking love her. If he did he wouldn't be trying to sleep with literally every other girl while completely ignoring/insulting her, obly giving her attention when she's close to leaving him. It's a textbook example of an abusive relationship.

Attached: 1553039399742.jpg (1024x700, 64K)

but Ataru does love her. he tries to stop her from leaving. he even gets mad when she talks to other guys

>he tries to stop her from leaving. he even gets mad when she talks to other guys
Yes, and again, that's part of the abuse. He literally could not give less of a shit about her in any other case.

that isnt true. In one episode he goes on a date with Lum and he actually enjoys it but is too embarrassed to flat out say it.

>embarrassed being with her
You're not helping your case here, user.

>no one misses Inu Yasha
For starters, it's objectively worse than nurutu and bleach. There are some waifufags pinning for the show, which it's ironic considering the fanbase are mostly girls

>Shampoo is a total bitch and a slut, Lum stripped off all her good traits
>Akane is boring and like an idealized form of Shinobu
Takahashi was still salty. It worked this time but with a diferent audience, women finding Ranma and Akane's interaction as cute.

She kinda tried, I believe, but I guess the anime staff had more autonomy than you'd expect.

I hope her new series is fairly different. Between One Pound Gospel and Mermaid Saga, it's not like she doesn't have the ability. I actually still have to finish One Pound Gospel now that I think about it

its just his personality. Ataru even tried to have sex with Lum a few times