Boogiepop

Why does this show get so much hate? Personally I love it

Attached: 1553241266394.png (410x410, 70K)

Its a snoozefest made by a bad studio

I haven't seen actual hate for Boogie, just it being generally ignored

It's pretty okay, but a bit slow and waxes muh deep thoughts occasionally

The trailer gave people a lot of false expectations for the show

Like what?

Fight vs imaginator
Burning man vs psychic
Girl offing herself by train-kun

It's a bait thread. Just discuss the anime and not the bait.

I genuinely like the show a lot. Doesn't feel as rushed as most shows do today.

Attached: 1552759596840.gif (600x338, 1.32M)

>Just it being generally ignored
Not necessarily a bad thing
Actually they kept the train shot in the first ep

I was just thinking about the trailer stuff we haven't seen in show, since there's only one episode left and yet those some of those scenes won't be in the show. Just wondering if those were for the trailer only or cut parts. Like the fight scene with psychic and burning dude, no mention of those characters anywhere.

user, i...

It feels like pretentious Nasushit.

Just curious as to who they are and the plot behind it.

Boogie was proto pretentious nasushit

Someone tell him

The OP is great.

People who hate Boogiepop are just seething OPMfags.

because a goddamn non-canonical spin-off series from 19 years ago is a lot better

except OPM manga has gone dowhill in the last arc, while BPP went dowhill since ep 1.

It's stupid and boring an really nothing special

The only people who think that Boogiepop character is anything but an annoying self-proclaimed social justice spirit are those who would legit yell at other people for not walking granny across the road, i.e. the people who we today deem as, well, retards, slaves of this "you must obey the law" kind of slaves of this discourse.

And, I mean, we're already past that, as a society we've evolved past that a long time ago, so why would I watch a boringly-made show with that type of discoursive restraints at it's core?

>Rush through the first arc in three eps, making everyone think that it's a shit adaptation
>Give time for the show to breathe and be more faithful to the LNs, boosting the quality of the show immensely with every next ep
>By the time this happens the general audience has moved to MP100, Dororo, Kaguya etc. And all that's left is a dedicated yet sizable group of viewers
It's not really hated but more or less intimidating to casuals.

It's aoty
Boogie a best
brainlets BTFO

Attached: D2U0F6oU4AErgx6.jpg (2048x1536, 256K)

Better direction and animation. The trailer promised more than was delivered. It's the risk of having a conceptual trailer as your PV.

That said the show gets pretty alright, most people just didn't stick with it past the first bumpy arc.

It does?
It's AOTS but most people seem to be literally too retarded to follow it

>Just one episode left
It hurts bros
I want a season 2

Attached: 1552669147915.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Senpai~

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 17 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.53_[2019.03.22_14.23.42].jp (1280x720, 63K)

I'm out this tread is too meta for me. I can't tell who is trolling who.

kek, you really don't have people figured out anywhere near as much as you think you do.

Yeah, because this anime is so deep and complicated that even Yea Forums Yea Forums Nietzschean midget would put me to shame, huh?

cute frame

Attached: mpv-shot0041.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Kei is for bullying

If I get trips season 2 will be announced next week

Attached: 1550922796153.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

Terrible character designs; boogie doesn’t even have the ying/yang emblem and ribbon. Adaptation of book one is terrible. Still like a few of the unsettling moments like pic related and when the doctor pulled her eye out.

Attached: EEDD22D5-6236-4966-B5B2-8657D73200C9.jpg (960x1620, 228K)

>Terrible character designs
Compared to what?
>boogie doesn’t even have the ying/yang emblem and ribbon.
Boogie never had that, the artist of the LNs just can't follow descriptions

She was cute in the whole episode.

Phantom and I did not know that gotta reread the book then.

>Phantom
Dude. Pic related is their version of Spooky E.

Attached: file.png (876x493, 177K)

I like it
most of the scenes are kino

You have to be at least 18+ to post here.

But to spoon-feed, it's because it's nightmarishly unfaithful to the masterpiece tier novels, especially at the start.

>it's because it's nightmarishly unfaithful to the masterpiece tier novels
But that's wrong.
The biggest unfaithfulness is cutting that one PoV in And Others

More accurately, pretentious Nasushit feels like it. Though both are credited by Japanese academia as being among the biggest influencers in otaku media post-Eva.

Technically Nasu, Nisio and Narita feel like Boogieshit

Please do

Brainlets hate what they don't understand

Attached: 1552647591899.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

I was liking this until the King of Distortion arc. I feel like at this point it has gone for too long and I don't really understand what are they trying to get at.

> I don't really understand what are they trying to get at
Everything gets cleared up next episode. If even then you don't understand, then maybe you're just a brainlet.

OPM has been shit since Murata sucked the soul out of it.

Because the main character wears a top hat and a cloak. Nuff said.

Nothing in the story has any weight to it.
On top of that, it doesn't have any characters interesting enough to hold a viewer's attention.
It's a mediocre show that should and will be forgotten by the overwhelming majority of people a week after it finishes.

Badhouse is just a terrible studio
Boogiepop would be seen in a different light if Shinbo gave it a shaft makeover.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 03 [720p].webm (1280x720, 471K)

Every series would be seen in a different light, but that won't always be a good thing.

>Shinbo
>wanting fucking shaft monologues
I have a hard time not vomiting

Yeah, I think SHAFT adapting it last decade would've been the best outcome for Boogiepop.
Honestly though it's current adaptation is pretty comparable to Higurashi's - QUALITY, a ton of missing details, still well received amongst people who aren't familiar with the source material.

>a ton of missing details
Is this the first time anything you've read got adapted?

They're more complaint worthy than usual because of its contemplative presentation which might come across as pretense without the justification the novels have.

As an adaptation it's awful

The MC is ugly.

Now you've done it

Attached: 1535114703068.jpg (777x777, 233K)

>still well received amongst people who aren't familiar with the source material.

I think it works better if you're familiar with the light novels. Since then you know what information is missing and can fill in the blanks yourself. If you're already familiar with the material then the anime is just getting to see your favorite moments animated and voiced. If you aren't familiar with the material, some things just aren't going to make sense for you.

I guess it's not a good adaptation because the light novels feel like required reading for the anime.

its like really boring
also the first arc was awful

I love this show, because of Nagi. She's literally angel. And fuck that person who always says JC Nagi is not as pretty as the current Nagi.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.35_[2019.03.23_18.32.29].jp (1280x720, 287K)

Well I like it (7/10), and I've read up to Heartless Red, but most people who I've seen really hate it are other people who've read the novels and most people I've seen really love it are people who haven't.

It's basically the opposite from what I've seen

It is such a shame.
Monogatari has the right timing and the right studio meanwhile boogiepop came out 20years too late.

I for one am grateful it's getting a reboot 20 years later

I'll miss this show so much.
Hopefully S2 for the 30 or 50 year anniversary

>Shaft Boogiepop
Sounds fucking terrible, and the direction would probably clash horribly with the mundane atmosphere and mood of the series. Madhouse's version actually fits it a lot more.

Attached: Touka.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

It's not supposed to be mundane. In the novels, characters being "normal" is a point of satire and the events are very much surreal.

That doesn't seem to be accurate at least among japanese readers. Their reactions on twitter are mostly positive about the new adaptation, though a few are strongly against it.

It's aots, very firmly aots. I'm honestly surprised it's as good as it is. I never watched the original due to the stupid name, sounded like it would be similar to dirty pair as an upbeat comedy. really surprised it's more psychological.
anyone who doesn't like this is unironically a brainlet. it isn't often I think highly of an anime (usually just watch for cute boys doing cute things.) the writer of this is pretty intelligent, he actually managed to amuse me and wake me up from my eternal boredom. hopefully I can get my hands on the LNs.
>I don't really understand what are they trying to get at.
case in point: brainletism. this is why we can't have nice things and everything has to be dumbed down to the level of a window licker.
This. If shaft were doing this it would be borderline unwatchable. Imagine boogie doing headtilts instead of smugfaces.
also the character designs are god tier. for once the characters don't look like a bowl of fucking skittles in clown costumes.

The first 3 episodes are the worst thing of the season so most people just get off before getting to episode 4 where things get good.

>anyone who doesn't like this is unironically a brainlet. it isn't often I think highly of an anime (usually just watch for cute boys doing cute things.) the writer of this is pretty intelligent, he actually managed to amuse me and wake me up from my eternal boredom

Attached: 67.jpg (557x711, 52K)

shounenfags seething on Natsume dropping One Punch Man for this show

its a true 5/10 show. Its blend.

Nice try but this is Yea Forums and I'm kininarimasu.

Attached: 1388851672957.gif (500x281, 367K)

Same here. Not to mention that the title character is for once the most enjoyable part of the series.

Lmao look at this brainlet. Your feeble organic processor couldn't possibly comprehend the masterpiece that is b o o g e r p i c k

pathetic

Attached: aibfSue.png (2560x1440, 2.93M)

You're actually retarded lol

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I want the king of distortion to distort my asshole if you catch my drift

No you're just astronomically retarded

Wouldn't that be a person you'd feel guilty towards or have a deep negative bond to, a person that distorted you?
I'm not sure if that's a good thing to ask for, user..

who are you quoting?

Don't try to pull that /jp/ shit here because I actually quoted that post.

Doesn't matter
We'll kiss and make up uwu

>actually quoted the post

do you really know how to quote?

Attached: Dr5n7C6XgAAgdWB.jpg (561x442, 29K)

>do you really know how to quote?

based

I think it's mainly direction, I was expecting more. Lain was on a budget but still looks good. I don't know why Shingo wanted to direct this.

Attached: superior superhero coming thru.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

Every arc so far was about some psychopaths trying to change humanity, which is pretty repetitive. At this point I'm barely curious how the next x-men want to manipulate others. There's also way too much and unimportant characters, like with the scarecrow who appeared for only one episode. At least their goals and motives are better treated in the novel I've heard, but compared to the anime its a shallow show with some few sociocritical hints.

I've been reading the novels. I don't know if it's the translation but narration really sucks hard.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the anime in spite of that, it's not so complicated as it seems to be, even the "character cut storyline" is simple.
I love the smugs, it was love at first glance.

Attached: smuggyboogie.jpg (300x250, 10K)

Yes, and the Shaft version would probably convey that theme with the subtlety of a brick.

its not like this version is subtle on the first place, they pretty much spell out all of the themes of each arc

No snow in april.

because the first 9 episodes are shit

you can't expect people to watch 9 episodes of garbage to get to the good stuff

You don't know what you are talking about.

does KOD boogie outsmug real boogie?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 17 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.53_[2019.03.23_06.06.35].j (1920x1080, 143K)

At dawn wasn't like that.

>with some few sociocritical hints.
that are "we live in a society tier" because this feels like written by a 15 years old

i like it too!

>And Others
Utter dogshit, a complete disgrace of an adaption
>VS Imaginator
Large improvement in art and animation, still some bafflingly bad elements and lacking in the stylistic flourishes that the series deserves
>At Dawn
Further improvements in every regard, the first time it has crossed the threshold into praiseworthy territory
>Overdrive
Dip in quality, somewhere between the first two arcs overall. What the fuck is wrong with their faces? At least Zooragi wasn't CGshit, but some of the outsourced scenes pretty much look that bad anyway. But then some other scenes are above average like in At Dawn. The black screen non-transitions are getting completely out of control. Why is there still simply no attempt at establishing a cohesive stylistic direction?

The source material was good enough for them to take a shot at AOTS (which will probably be the AOTY since Mob is so outstanding), but I consider this a failed adaption. The project should have been left in the oven until all of the parts were as good as At Dawn, and even that could have used some touching up.

It's good and underrated
Based Natsume

Attached: D2SDcULUwAEc7pt.jpg (600x851, 48K)

Is this show nothing but smug anime faces?

I hate how it's smug aura is projected at me

no, there are cute faces

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 10 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.32_[2019.02.23_22.45.27].j (1920x1080, 152K)

More like Boogerpoop.

Attached: D2Qw18MUYAA6-HO.jpg (1920x1080, 78K)

I need the OST

post creepy bubbles

Attached: 738383838.png (391x390, 50K)

Attached: white.jpg (1915x912, 179K)

That delicious Imaginator booty.

how is not attracting people to watch it is not a bad thing?

yuri?

Of course it's white. Suiko is as pure as snow in April.

IMAGINE

Attached: output_qMIiUM.gif (1149x869, 404K)

>Suiko is as pure as snow in April.

Attached: jin.jpg (1200x675, 146K)

Snow melts in spring dummies

Attached: 1550949279157.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

AHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: spring.jpg (1200x675, 233K)

Not in Ozzieland!

Who are the young otaku authors looking up to these days, Nisioisin, Reki Kawahara?

Nisio, maybe. Kawahara is just generic stuff that got popular. He doesn't have any particular signature style.

what about the 90's show?

It's bad

Ok

Attached: 92923939393.jpg (638x897, 97K)

Attached: mOnvOJG.png (2271x2380, 298K)

shit pacing, shit character designs, next to no likeable characters and a lot of the drama falls really flat, sometimes laughably so. Those constant "dramatic" audio cuts are so fucking bad

>when the post you quote is so ridiculous that everyone thinks you're strawmanning him

>Personally I love it
Same, I think I'll read the novels next
At dawn was kino as fuck, and I really liked the kaijuu episode.

Attached: cutiepop.png (250x250, 80K)