When does it get good?

I just got through the student council arc, and so far story-wise it's been nothing but lesbians bickering.
I guess I like the visuals, but the character design is very unappealing to me.
Should I just drop it or does it get more interesting?

Attached: LaRivoluzionediUtena-cover.jpg (225x316, 56K)

when the yuri gets blacked

>he fell for the meme
no one actually likes utena, lain, etc...

You actually need a triple digit IQ to understand Utena, so don't sweat it too much.

b...but I like lain...

The last arc.

let's all love lain

>but the character design is very unappealing to me.
Awful taste

So wrong
2/3 still nothing. I kind of enjoy the lesbians though

>When does it get good?
Episode 1, minute 1, second 1.

The second arc has a very different feel than the first and it is when it becomes more explicit with its themes and ideas. Give it at least a couple more episodes.

wait cmon i love utena

why?

If you don't like it. Don't watch it faggot

Should I just drop it or does it get more interesting?
Drop it and watch a good Mahou Shoujo like Princess Tutu, CCS or Doremi instead.

utenas older than most posters here and it's still better than 99% of the stupid shit production companies push on us, ala Konosuba and the isekai scourge

It doesnt get good
It only exists so you can pretend you liked it and fellate yourself in 3x3 threads

> when does it get good

ep 1. then it goes downhill in the middle and the end is shit.

Then you don't exist.

That's doesn't really answer the question though

It has some of the best storyboarding and direction of any anime and is maybe the best written anime ever. Plus the OST is fantastic as well. It's totally unique and nothing since has managed to copy its successes to the same extent.

Exactly wrong.

Attached: didntreadlol.gif (480x360, 3.94M)

Those are good, but not as good as Utena.

Attached: 1550522186973.jpg (609x1310, 270K)

it's well done, voice acting is also very well done compared to some modern pieces

I was hoping for something more personal.
I guess I will wait for its themes and ideas to show up and see if it resonates with me in any way.
I do appreciate the craft at the very least.

The second user you replied to here. From episode 14 onwards the show gets darker and has less standard shoujo tropes and I enjoyed it much more from that point forward my first time. Now it's my favorite show even though at first I didn't get the appeal.
If you really want to understand the show's ideas pay a lot of attention to Anthy.