Gets badly injured

>gets badly injured
>knows an ambulance is coming to his current location
>just goes to a forest and fucking dies instead of waiting
This shit makes my blood boil.

Attached: 1526947464410.jpg (800x1268, 315K)

I wasnt angry but kinda had a "well,fuck" reaction reading the final chapter, guess he tired of fighting and normal living shit and left to die, or maybe the chinese magic he learned made him into some kind of immortal in the forest.

He had forgotten all about the Chinese shit, it never even came up again.
>tired of fighting and normal living shit
Wasn't his will to live a big part of his personality?
And fuck, for the first time in his life he had good things waiting for him back home including a qt who doesn't hate him, yet he goes full retard.

I was joking about the chinese magic since what the fuck was I even reading, it was somewhat funny (but not when youre waiting for the next chapter to come out though). He lost his will to live when he found his fighting now after the crazy bros fight would be just about making money, normal family shit. I guess.

>just about making money, normal family shit
He seemed like he wanted to care for his sister and gf though.

It was, until he went into the forest.Or maybe he thought that him not wanting to fight anymore will bring harm to his family but then that would support his "will to live" and survival shit. Fuck if I know the real answer seriously. Is there an interview or something with the mangaka after the ending? I think there was a change of writer too so that shit it up further.

Don't know if there are interviews but yeah some legal shit went down with the writers.
It's too bad, the manga had a lot of good points (great arts, great fights, Ryo is an asshole but I found him likable nonetheless) but that ending was too abrupt.

It's relatively clear that the author started the story with the idea that the protagonist was rotten to the core and would never be redeemed and would eventually suffer a bad end. The way that bad end was delivered was a little bit weird and underwhelming but I applaud that he stuck with his plan to the end.
>b-but he was taking care of that retarded girl and becoming a mature big brother figure
he's a rapist and murderer, he never deserved a good end

Some worse characters in fiction have gotten redemption though. Ryo isn't really the embodiment of evil or whatever, he's just a piece of shit.
Which is why I found it disappointing that Toma completely failed to reach him, and despite being set up as some sort of foil to Ryo's self-destructiveness, ended up just disappearing from the story.

He's not the embodiment of evil but he was a thug and he deserved everything that came at him and more. Near the end of his life he was misunderstood more often than not but he wasn't exactly a victim, he was a legit murderer and rapist that was slightly misunderstood when he was not murdering and raping. His argument was never "I never did that" but "well I'm not doing it right now so give me a break" which isn't exactly convincing.

Who else did he rape aside from Moemi though?

The main division between the both authors is cleary the plot direction, i dont know who but one of writers wanted to gave Ryo a redemption and the other let him die like a piece of garbage... If you check a second read in the manga you can find subtle details of the other author about all the redemption shit

I dunno man but I think one is too much already

Yeah what I mean is that it's not like he was going around raping people on the regular.

he was just completely unfit for a regular life and i think he realized that and choose to go die in the forest, he was a fighting chicken (shamo) unable to integrate back into society, this was partly societys fault.

Why didn't he take up the offer to become a black dogi then? There were plenty of ways he could've kept on fighting.

He didn't realize anything and he didn't choose to die. He got injured in a fight, he had wounds that could have been fixed in an emergency room but he got lost in a forest and died before he could get medical help. There wasn't any real meaning to his death other than "stay still and call an ambulance". It would perhaps have been a more philosophical ending if he did have a cellphone and called an ambulance but the emergency responder was a previous victim of his misdeeds who chose to hang on him, they we could say he had fucked up big times. It looks like the author just gave up on this story and wanted to kill the protagonist after one last arc that didn't have any meaning or impact, although the crazy brothers were interesting characters.

Agree with most of your post but
>the crazy brothers were interesting characters.
What? They were fucking awful. Especially the retarded one, I waited dozens of chapters for him to die painfully but it never happened.

The problem with the idiot brothers is that they were awful and pointless in the context of their appearance in the story. They weren't final boss material. It was hard to believe why these retards out of all people could possibly give the protagonist a hard time after he fought top class athletes and martial artists. But I would have liked to see the idiot brothers in another type of story. They were somewhat colorful and unique.

i dont think he really wanted to fight anymore, sadly it was the only thing he was really fit to do.

>It was hard to believe why these retards out of all people could possibly give the protagonist a hard time
Ryo's peak was during the fight with Sugawara (or maybe when he trained in China, it's hard to say). But after that, he became mediocre and even admitted to it himself. By the end of the manga he wasn't that good anymore.
And yeah, definitely not final boss material, especially after Sugawara had been brought back (for no purpose in the end, that fucking sucked too).

Shamo was interesting for being one of the rare manga (in fact, one of the rare story) where characters with martial training quickly lost their edge if they stopped practicing. It was somewhat realistic in that regard. It's controversial for going against the general rule of power creep where protagonists and villains become exponentially stronger until they are demigods or abstract concepts.