youtube.com/watch?v=UEkmsMLJ2dc
youtube.com/watch?v=5TUB9GM45t0
youtube.com/watch?v=uHoH-xk___I
youtube.com/watch?v=g7pWHOacb1E
youtube.com/watch?v=fc5f-jm-O44
youtube.com/watch?v=f8so00HxCPY
youtube.com/watch?v=zpH0jVERNxI
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/317554745/#317562818
resetera.com/threads/reuben-langdon-dante-of-dmc-blames-sexual-harassment-victims-thinks-metoo-and-blm-goes-too-far-update-langdon-responds-capcom-investigating.106010/
drive.google.com/file/d/1sehBInbkahYDqQ3NzV3nyHPKljIdLysp/view
viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/03/4/viewer.html?cid=2e95a117-b38c-4861-aa49-779d8fc1e748&cty=0
reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/azi7cj/mega_dmcv_spoilers_references_to_bp_matchmaking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would anal insemination ever work for a homo sapien?

Attached: Vergil wants his dreamcast back.jpg (400x400, 96K)

Just no fujoshit and you're golden. Have Nero as MC too cause you know Japan they only want young protags. Either that or have it be a prequel to the story of 5 and about how V got to where he is before the beginning of it. Would be cool to have a side story about Gryffon and Shadow.

Attached: SSS.jpg (184x259, 13K)

Doesn't seem like a very Viewtiful plotline, try something a little more larger than life.

Attached: alastoer.png (387x278, 74K)

Fuck off Yea Forums.

They should adapt the prequel novel. Balrog deserves to be animated in some form.

YOU FIRST /d/, A GENTLEMAN ALWAYS HOLDS THE DOOR FOR A LADY.

Attached: 1553230856950.png (600x480, 349K)

Only if it's about older Patty.

Attached: 443.png (767x761, 183K)

>honkus honkus

Attached: 1552958953135.jpg (733x720, 82K)

If they hire a better director and don't make Dante a boring one-shot machine again it could work

nwf

I know you want to discuss the series in the wake of DMC5, but Yea Forums isn't the videogames board.
If you're worried about shitposters, they're completely focused on the Epic Store and Sekiro right now so DMC threads should be safe.

Seriously, just fuck off.

This, but it would also be nice to have an ep cover the end of the DMC4 novels, specifically where Nero gets the sign.

But OP is talking about the DMC anime

Yeah, talking about the anime is totally OP's intention.
Baka.

>Yeah, talking about the anime is totally OP's intention.
But it is?
He used a picture from the DMC anime and asks what a new season of the anime would be like
I think YOU are the baka here

Attached: 1530175191442.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Don't play dumb. You're very aware of OP's intentions.

Why are you trying so hard to dig for a deeper meaning?
Can OP not just be someone who wants to talk about the DMC anime?

is it any worth watching?
or judt shit like dangarompa season 2+?

If you're a fan and want to see Dante's day to day life with nothing crazy, it's worth it. If you're expecting wacky pizza man adventures I'd pass.

It's not very exciting. He just goes on a couple jobs and meets a loli. There's some lore because it's canon but nothing important.

No its not good. It was shitted on heavily when it first aired.
It ony got a resurgence recently because Yea Forums cant shut the fuck up.

Sure, but they need a spunkier version of Dante. It could be right between DMC4 and DMC5. Dante getting old while still being some overpowered and cocky dude.

It's just some generic "demon-hunting" anime from back in the day. They went with some emotionless version of Dante for some reason. He's OP but boring as shit. OC characters do most of the talking.

It's meh. Interesting to watch when you realize that Dante's depressed.

Bump

boring dante but still a really comfy show

youtube.com/watch?v=3DsGp9so6qs

IF YOU HAD TO ASK

Can we just talk about how good this is?
youtu.be/QhcVZMArN9M

Attached: 15db8vmwz6511.png (1722x1677, 2.66M)

I still wish they had adapted the games, given the intro for the anime has a few brief seconds showing Dante battling Phantom. Though I imagine they might not do another anime anytime soon since the guys behind that Castlevania Netflix show are apparently planning to do something with DMC, though who knows if it'll be original, adaptions of the games, or even allowed to be part of the canon.

Animation could never do the games justice with how stylish the actual gameplay is.

I liked it. Most of the hate for the anime was because it was a lot more low key than the games(honestly, it would be hard for any adaption to capture how over the top the games are)and Dante's characterization(he was a bit emo).

At least we can laugh at the QUALITY.

FUCK YOU

No. It would have worked if it came out after DMC1 but the anime came out around DMC4 and it puts such an emphasis on everything that's not action or cool. All you need to know is Morrison was from the anime but he's black now so the anime extra doesn't matter. Also Patty is from the anime but Dante doesn't want none of that shit. So even Dante hates the anime.

Depends on how they do it. Would be tricky to pull off the insanity of what players can do, but not like it'd be impossible to capture some signature moves like stinger, helm breaker, rainstorm, etc.
The real issue, and what even the first anime suffered from, was that it was hard to provide challenge for Dante since he was just fresh out of Mallet island and fucking top-tier in terms of power.

Nero's fuck you actually made me tear up. Especially the "both you fucking asshole"

Post the official version.
youtu.be/ULWRuDzHmoA
But yea, it's godlike.

I wish they just gave Nero the headphones from the Scalebound protag. If he put headphones on in that last fight my dick would have blown off.

It's hilarious how some people try to act like it's as trashy as Donte's "Fuck you", which was hated for numerous reasons, chiefly how unsophisticated and unfunny Donte had been during the entire succubus exchange.

Attached: Fuck Harder.jpg (1692x475, 178K)

It's basically this

Attached: TPBVergilDante.jpg (800x600, 69K)

Attached: D2Iw_H3X4AAXLqG.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

It's a real good song. Max getting the music synced with the Vergil grab was great
twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1104867755164020737

Attached: 1552455908292.jpg (540x597, 81K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qPMNWFmD5Qw&t=14s
It's got its moments, but you might as well either watch some of the fights online (however few there are), or read summaries to know what the show's plot was.

Attached: Baul and Modeus.png (1104x1600, 2.25M)

>There are literally people who think Nero is shit and would never buy a DMC game without Dante.

Dante has never been a main force in the DMC plot since 1. After Mundus Dante was just a hired gun. The only reason he's around in 5 is cause it's a family problem. But even after 4 the torch was passed to Nero and even in 5 Ner is the capstone to the the sons of Sparda plot. When you add a new character to an established series it's very risky, but Nero is fantastic and I think I like him more than Dante. I want DMC6 to be all about Nero.

Attached: 1528761138092.png (800x600, 421K)

But he was the main focus in the first and third games, and pretty much was the only one with something of a story in DMC2 even if the role was shared with Lucia, who only really got like 2 scenes of development before being brushed aside for Cardboard Dante.

After I get over the “hurr why is it not a remix of Vergil 3” phase, sure. It’s hype every single time despite the fight being fairly boring compared to Dante’s

DMC1 and 2 are a thing of the past now and Dante has also been more of a teacher the a driving force in later games. Now that his spite withe Vergil is over he can be a full time creepy uncle.

I think it's perfectly understandable for people to dislike Nero.
He was bland in both game-play and character, DMC5 has done a much better job at expanding both.
If he was going to solo star in another DMC game, I'd want them to further expand gameplay with weapons and build his relationship with Vergil.

Attached: Nero.png (761x422, 392K)

He didn't seem too bad in DMC4, certainly not as bad as MGS2 Raiden. But it is pretty funny that he had to share the spotlight for two whole games before finally coming into his own. I'd imagine DMC6, if it ever happens, will probably let Nero have lead completely, then maybe DMC7 would see Dante and Vergil making their way back (if they don't beforehand in the possible DLC updates). The real question is, who should be Nero's next enemy? He's got no beef with Mundus, but he does need a foe that's well and truly his own to overcome instead of just getting roped into shit following the Sparda boys.

yeah

Nero was never bland. He was just an angry kid and they took that and made a whole arc out of that. Fighting the lord of hell and seeing your idol get destroyed only to find out you shitty dad was the one who blasted your uncles ass, it's hard.

Only if we get to see the judgement end NUT

Attached: 1553288531675.jpg (1000x1000, 192K)

Attached: 552.jpg (849x950, 176K)

Guys, I want to KISS Lady.

Attached: 1544403158888.jpg (1407x1096, 290K)

Attached: Foolish times.png (2041x2794, 2.13M)

My fave was Shirrako's original upload of the boss fight, that had the music come up as the grab started, wish I could still find it.

I love the good vibes of this game.

Attached: 1552891342735.jpg (1260x775, 369K)

the chilling in the van scenes are so comfy they nearly bring me to tears

Attached: my son playing with those stupid demon dildos again.jpg (2560x1440, 374K)

there's a dmc anime, you know...

only really if you're a fan of the games. you'd be bored otherwise.

iirc there's a short manga about V that has like one chapter

goddamn i love the boomer meme so much

youtube.com/watch?v=QUXCseB5pbU

this is only scene in the series where the anime is even brought up so it depends on how much you want to put yourself through for less than a minute of fanservice

>Patty Devito

I would love to see a continuation of this anime. I actually just googled the possibility of a season 2 earlier on my own, crazy to see this thread now.

I wish Dante still looked this young and fresh in the newer games.

It is pretty interesting that even with demonic blood, he's not going to age all that much slower like with most half-breed characters.

DMC anime was just shit, there is no need for a second season of this. There should be a completely new series.

There is like one actually good episode. Everything else is just a very boring trash. If it waasn't title DMC no body would give a single fuck about it.

>you will, accept, MY EXISTENCE!!!

Attached: 1435176808902.gif (300x169, 438K)

I would love to see a continuation of this anime. I actually just googled the possibility of a season 2 earlier on my own so crazy to see this thread now.

I wish Dante still looked this young and fresh in the newer games, with the cocky personality he has now of course.

>Lucia animated
It's all I ever want. Please Itsuno

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190319_at_5.48.16_PM.png (509x376, 257K)

thats pretty sad since nero is not dante and his trying to be his own man with his own style (which i like).

Eh, Nero is ok but I will always be a Dante superfan. Nero's gameplay can't even come close to Dante's, and a DMC game without him? I couldn't do it.

Attached: 25817-245123-dmcdantetrishpng-620x.jpg (620x350, 49K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3LKWp0UHvWc
youtube.com/watch?v=MDDe8zwov9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=r4pZHb6QSuo
Say what you want about the series, but damn, it had some great music. Would have loved for a new version of the ending theme during the segment when Dante finds his old house.

Attached: Dante sundae.png (412x357, 156K)

I liked his look in DMC4. But yeah, I do miss young Dante. It's interesting how a half blooded protagonist still ages like a normal human.

Well they weren't confident enough to differentiate him significantly visually from Dante in 4. Come to think of it is exactly like Jonathan and Joseph Joestar

Either they do almost no action scenes and just have more silliness like Dante trying to gamble, Nero trying to run an orphanage and Lady finding ways to Jew Dante or get a competent animation studio to do some goddamn choreography

What if they used game footage only?
Dante has to kill enemies that appear from the games, and the big surprise for season finale is adding new Original Content, Donut Steal on Bloody Palace

>What if they used game footage only?
You mean models?
Or do you want an actual anime that is basically just a lets play?

>No way fag

Attached: 1552919101652.png (1028x911, 220K)

Dante is almost always way stronger than his enemies and story of DMC games also wasn't really great, they were pretty simple in that regard, but their main appeal is interesting and memorable characters. They fucked up animated series because of boring hunting mission without anything interesting in them.

Guys...Im gonna say it

Attached: 1552886130018.png (2560x1226, 2.37M)

Some of the episodes had interesting plots, like the one with the demon who falls in love with the girl, the twin apprentices of Sparda, and the last little arc involving Patty and her family. Problem was, it was mostly episodic across the board, and of course the fights ending almost as quickly as they began.

They are mediocre at best. The concept of Sparda's apprentice sounds cool but their realisation was so lame.

Only real problem was that the fight Dante has with them is over and done with in seconds. While it does illustrate just how powerful he's become since fighting Mundus, it certainly could have had more time to it before he finished off the brothers.

Shame they were wasted, since they had really cool designs that contrasted with the Sparda twins really well.

Death Poker was pretty good too. The anime was pretty much Cowboy Bebop with a Devil May Cry skin, which isn't bad in concept and DMC lends itself really well to Bebops format, had they gotten a director that can into campy action-horror the anime would've been outright excellent instead of "decent, but nothing noteworthy".

Yea, it did kind of feel like CB at times, though lacking the polish that show had. If they had just made a better overarching plot that tied all the episodes better, and given the action more time, I think it would have been pretty much perfect. Can only hope if those rumors about a Netflix show turn out true, they'll do the series justice.

Attached: Patty gives chase.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

If you replace Dante for Nero NEVER.

The Garo, Symphogear and Fate anime have shown that stylish action can translate to animation given in competent hands. Even the west is capable of producing stylish action shows like Samurai Jack. Granted, SJ was one in a million as far as action cartoons go, but it still showed that it's very possible.

Get in line

So just basically the games without gameplay? I guess that could work. Probably would be pretty costly though, especially if Reuben and his company were doing all the mo-cap work like they usually do.

Make the fight scenes game footage.

as a dmc fan, i was quite dissapointed with the anime.
take MC , change his whole fucking personnality and expect it somehow to be good

>handicapable

kek

Only if you're a super fan of the series that wants a pseudo-SoL devil hunting show and go in expecting urban fantasy Cowboy Bebop rather than a crazy stylish action show. Dante's characterization gets a bad rap, but I think it's one of his best, he's still a smartass, but much more laid back, much like in DMC1 but without the mother angst.

Funnily enough, the anime manages to make him far more relatable than the reboot ever did.

devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Patty_Lowell
>She has stated herself that If she had ever dated, that she'd be into boys younger than her while turning down Dante when he jokingly offers a future relationship
>Patty is destined for the /ss/ life

She's clearly just being coy.

No, Capcom should take the monay they got and invest in making more games, not anime

According to DMC5 she is refusing anyone approaching her.
And she is aggressively inviting Dante to her 18th birthday

Patty's gonna give Nero a cousin.

I haven't seen the anime
How powerful is this patty? She is going to need to be.

Also don't create any more people with Sparda's blood. That never ends well.

She consistently beats Dante gambling.

It's alright. The reason it's getting so much attention right now is cuz in DMC5 they revealed that the anime is canon with two of the principle characters returning in DMC5.
youtu.be/QUXCseB5pbU

>How powerful is this patty?
She comes from a family of mages from what i remember, but physically she's just a normal girl

Attached: Devil May Cry 5.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

I think I remember reading that the director of the Castlevania Netflix show wants to adapt Devil May Cry.

What.

Attached: 1552359852837.png (1083x977, 1.3M)

Based

The prequel novel AND the V manga thats currently running.

Attached: Tomio_Ogata's_Devil_May_Cry_5_Visions_Of_V_Key_Visual.png (1159x1639, 3.5M)

Absolute madman

There have been documented cases of it happening with intersex people. If I'm remembering this right, intersex people usually have external non functioning male genitals but internal functioning female genitals, it's very rare for it to be the other way around, and under very rare circumstances, they can get pregnant from anal. I've only read about one instance of that happening though.

The real final fight is Dante vs Vergil anyway, Neros fight is the bonus.

>Fight Vergil.
>Alright, somber theme, this feels right.
>First grab, Nero gets impaled by Yamato, returns the favor to Vergil.
>Silber Bullet kicks in.
>Alright, shit goes down!
>Later another grab while Vergil is in Sin Devil Trigger
>Nero smacks his Doppelganger right back into him.
>Vocals kick in.
>NOW IM MOTIVATED.

Attached: Motivation.jpg (750x1000, 45K)

Its DMC, its practically legally obliged to deliver good music.

>DMC anime by bones

Attached: 1553222893603.webm (600x360, 2.8M)

I really want the Garo Anime staff to handle a new Devil May Cry anime

The season we got wasn't even that good.

Its like they had no idea how to do Dante.

I would like a DMC spinoff game where you play as a custom Demon Hunter like the many that exist in the setting outside of Dante/Nero/Lady.

There would be multiple potential movesets you can choose to develop your character down like Guns, Tech, Magic inspired by the playable characters seen in previous games.
Taking parts of demons to improve your gear.

Why is her scar barely visibile

>No can of sugar free monster
That stupid fuck had one damn job and he blew it.

Retard

Would unironically love an SoL spinoff

>Blonde hair
>Blue eyes

Its not like Dante and Vergil's mom was powerful

Do you think there are rival demon-hunting shops or mercenaries in the DMC universe outside of Dante and his crew?

Attached: B1C13F24-BBBA-4F7B-935B-6350290F7FC1.png (878x637, 420K)

Well yeah, other humans that hunt demon beyond Lady are mentioned in other DMC media.

>that image
Remember hearing an obviously fake rumor before V was revealed that the third playable character was going to be Gene.
Still pissed that it wasn't the case, would have been amazing.

I never even disliked Nero back in DMC4. He was still having fun and being cocky like Dante when Kyrie wasn't involved. Now he's absolutely based and more than a worthy successor.

Deadweight

Attached: 1551984881554.png (987x641, 543K)

PREPARE TO DIEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Jetgil.png (512x345, 179K)

DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT

Jdeadweight

Attached: 1553221162498.png (630x334, 191K)

This ends here you piece of shit uncle

Attached: 1529830614450.png (798x898, 1.07M)

>Vergil was seething because he kept getting BTFO'd
>Nero was seething for over a month because of the dead weight comment
Like father and son.

Attached: J word.png (900x649, 815K)

Maybe i wasnt there for the Yea Forumseddit outrage but i dont get the dislike about the remade dmc.

Mostly the direction the story and characters went in, the gameplay itself was pretty solid from what I remember

TO SEE THE WORLD IN A GRAIN OF SAND AND HEAVEN IN A WILDFLOWER

ENJOY THE TASTE OF DESPAIR

It was one part dumbed down gameplay, one part spite against the new director, and one part trashy dialogue
youtube.com/watch?v=aTQFpwZwk-w

PIN ' EM TO THE WALL

FUCK YOU

AHAHAHA FUCK YEAH

A big part of it also was how they kept talking down on the DMC community for disliking the new directions to the point they disillusioned said that ONLY the white hair possibly could be what people have the issue with.

YOU CANNOT KILL ME!

Attached: Nero_fuck_you.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

This is how you drop a high quality F-bomb.

>the gameplay itself was pretty solid

>shit weapons
>colour coded enemies
>stationary bosses
>3 buttons for dodge
>style rank calculated by damage
>no taunts
Sorry, but I disagree.

Attached: DmCcontrols.jpg (907x553, 172K)

I personally enjoyed the gameplay of it. But i only remember youtube.com/watch?v=jBWkpvsnBww
and not

Why is his DT so ugly?
It looks like a bad cosplay/ bodypaint and the long hair doesnt work.

>not posting the best version
youtu.be/TyUArTDYYVc

Attached: 1514423308560.jpg (1024x554, 247K)

It's the full version of his stand.

Attached: NDT_DMC4.jpg (800x800, 61K)

You fags are going to get me to buy this game. This isn't what I came to Yea Forums for.

Attached: guess i'm not eating.jpg (2048x1365, 816K)

wrong

Attached: ul190px2bwj11.jpg (2160x3060, 554K)

Yeah but they still used that same design for his ghost DT.

Nope.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:022853c4730d17c18395da4b5c2b004dde2bed6d&dn=Devil%20May%20Cry%205%20by%20xatab&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftr.ysagin.top%3a2710%2fannounce

Have you played DMC 1, 3 and 4? 5 is great but you should play those first.

Give in.

Attached: 1552140508548.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

This It's not anything big and the pace is slow but that makes it comfy. Dante is going through depression after the events of DMC3 so he's mellow and easygoing for the most part through his daily life. Also, most of it is canon minus the fact that Morrison is white.

Oh please, it looks like a cool throwback to the Onimusha form

Attached: oniSamanosuke.jpg (828x462, 73K)

BUY IT
youtube.com/watch?v=2LLIOEYWOdo

Attached: 1553316260340.webm (1920x1080, 1.43M)

I think Fanatical's offering it for $48 and deluxe for $56

This, or you should at least be familiar with the story and characters in them. 5 is full of fanservice and while the gameplay is top-notch, the rest is kinda lackluster without context.

>2:49-2:56

Attached: st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u5.jpg (210x230, 11K)

>He skipped DMC 2

Attached: 1550461367035.jpg (413x395, 38K)

So did Capcom.

TRISH

TRASH

Attached: Mundus.jpg (500x434, 38K)

We finally meet again.
It's been a long time...

No but I wish I did.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

Attached: 1551972862210.jpg (310x294, 36K)

Nothing wrong with that. The game might not be total garbage, but it's by far the worst title in the franchise in terms of its laughable easiness compared to the rest of the series, even DmC wasn't that bad with how you could cheese everything by shooting it.

>The game might not be total garbage,
I guess Dante had a good outfit. And Lucia was hot. But the actual game part was total garbage

Wouldn't mind seeing them remake DMC2 so it could finally be a competent game with challenge.

No, it was just extremely average compared to the original, like any knockoff title you'd find being lumped together with the better examples of a certain genre.

>that she'd be into boys younger than her
That is entirely false. She meant younger guys in contrast to Dante, who is much older. As in her age. How the fuck did they get that out of the original Japanese or the English dub?

Just play Nocturne

Based and red-orbed.

Attached: 1551682946511.png (191x258, 84K)

>It a Fury + random faggot at once episode.

Attached: Unga Nero.jpg (495x535, 157K)

youtube.com/watch?v=KJKSS5X1oHQ

It would have been too ridiculous.
But honestly I'm not beyond hoping that God Hand will pop up again in some way, slim as that chance may be. Capcom has been in top form as of late. They must know that it's a cult classic.

After all these years still one of my favourite video game related videos ever.

I'm still waiting for Dragon's Dogma 2. The fact that they keep rereleasing the original on new platforms shows that they aren't giving up on the IP anytime soon.

Attached: Dragon's Dogma concept map and details.jpg (960x2797, 1.24M)

DD2 is all but officially confirmed, user. Itsuno reportedly had the option to make either that or DMC5. He opted for DMC first. Capcom is willing to make Dragon's Dogma happen again.

We only have 1 Itsuno

Could have sworn he said something like "Since I choose DMC5, I want to do something entirely original next" not too long ago. Not necessarily saying he won't ever do DD2, but that he was going to at least pop out something entirely different beforehand.

The most internet-related fun I've ever had in years was during the DmC hatebash. This video was the absolute peak.

This. I'm saving so that I can finally move out but this dang videogame is too tempting.

A DD anime was announced, so DD2 might be in the works.

youtu.be/ml6wKLgA66s
youtube.com/watch?v=JBA7Jtsl-58
youtube.com/watch?v=FE5kfUE1huw

We can only hope. If he is going to do something original first, then we might be waiting a bit longer.

Is DmC patient zero of the spanish memes?

Attached: 1541443334956.png (1280x738, 658K)

Disgusting compare that piece of shit the absolute peak videogame kino that is this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=QtjdUSZjHoY

Attached: 1553036356700.png (680x680, 603K)

Tsukihime anime when

Attached: Tameem and Crapcom.png (963x2822, 695K)

Those were the days.

Attached: DmC cut content.png (814x605, 433K)

Nasu is too busy swimming in FGObucks so never.

Attached: 593.jpg_large.jpg (1024x723, 95K)

Oh man, all those "leaked details" for the ending
>Sparda was meant to show up, and die like a bitch after doing NOTHING
>Mundus was going to be force-fed his babies somehow
>Verginsaurus
>OG Dante pops out of nowhere with a time-machine powered by angel tears
>Something about the real world also being a simulation
I can imagine if that shit had been true, we'd all enjoy the game much more, if only for how retardedly absurd it could have been.

Attached: Smokin' Sick Style.jpg (1000x666, 426K)

>Video unavailable in the US

Attached: 1552271851178.png (458x937, 398K)

Attached: Blame Capcom!.png (786x769, 186K)

Instead we got Sparda waking up to CBT instead of justice.

How is this thread still up?

Attached: 1552248721358.png (1280x715, 703K)

And turned into a gimp if that brief image of his capture is anything to go. At least, I think he was gagged up in it.

Attached: What would based Kamiya do.png (635x1087, 309K)

Attached: 1450857973573.jpg (1230x690, 109K)

Look in the description he uploaded it here
a.pomf.space/mayeushamuuw.mp4
Also it's 2019 you really should have a vpn by now

Finest of keks.

Attached: 1544103634372.png (350x293, 115K)

i need to see this finished

Judgement Nut

It's after DMC1 though, retard.

Because she had it for like 30+ years and scars fade.

Here it is

Attached: 1553328997402.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

DmC, before the special addition, was a just OK action game mechanically.
Level design is honestly pretty amazing and it's clear 5 took hard from it.
Writing is just awful both as its own narrative (90% of the game sucking Dante's dick as this absolute powerhouse and how Vergil needed him to get anything done and then BOOM SUDDENLY I'M STRONG ENOUGH TO BE THE FINAL BOSS) and drug the 3 big figures they carried over (Sparda and both sons) through the mud in terms of characterization.
The development of it, especially interviews with the game's director, had a very antagonistic relationship with old fans.
Shit like "Japan's Dante doesn't have a kind of cool that works in the west. He'd get laughed out of any bar in the States."
youtube.com/watch?v=UEkmsMLJ2dc
What Japanese Vergil killing a boss looks like right after you fought it.
youtube.com/watch?v=5TUB9GM45t0
What Reboot Vergil killing a boss looks like right after you fought it.
Hell, the reboot in its opening shits on the mission statement that made DMC.
Kamiya's own words was structuring around Dante being an action hero who was "naturally cool," without Drinking, Smoking, or Cussing.

Attached: DanteIS.jpg (640x426, 46K)

You have the brokeback mountain version?

There is no "version."
It's a different part of the same slideshow on briefing people on how to design the new dante.

Attached: DanteISNOT.jpg (640x480, 58K)

Drinking is allowed. The first novel is written with his supervision and Dante is the heaviest drinker of his mercenary circle
He practically just want James Bond. One of the design pointer is "He's British" even

I have this.

Attached: 1538852126278(2).jpg (1000x563, 111K)

>Soul vs soulless.

Meant here.

Absolute kino, Its a pity it was easy as fuck.

I feel like DmC would have been remembered a lot more fondly if it didn't have the DMC name

It's Ninja Theory's best game and they shot themselves in the foot by putting the DMC name on it. Their best game is the worst game in the series.

Why cant Dante just impregnate Lady, shes not getting any younger.

Attached: lady.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Only smoking was taboo, and even then I think Kamiya said he just doesn't like how a lot of artworks and movies just make smoking THE definitive trait of a character, not so much that he despises it entirely.

second worst.

I guess objectively, but I'll rather take bad and bland rather than something that might be mechanically better, but is just offensive and hostile to its origins

youtube.com/watch?v=uHoH-xk___I

Attached: Mah mame, bob away, is Donte, buh yoo can cull me Donte dah demah killah, hous a nice wring too it, (683x478, 33K)

Maybe not, but she's managed to hold up pretty well despite being only a little younger than Dante.

I've missed you man

Attached: tenor.gif (220x165, 33K)

yeah these are so good, they perfectly nailed the 'vacation feeling'
the mission end photos just add to this

youtube.com/watch?v=g7pWHOacb1E

You can still see DMC:DMCs surreal level design in the newer DMCs. DMC2 was just a lazy sequel.

Sorry that was incoherent as fuck. Im saying the remake still left its mark. despite its poor reception, while dmc2 basically has nothing to its name.

youtube.com/watch?v=fc5f-jm-O44

Attached: DmC in a nutshell.png (813x451, 376K)

DMC2 introduced several moves like the wall-run and even some attacks that would be fleshed out in DMC3.

It introduces the control scheme and some moves

youtube.com/watch?v=f8so00HxCPY

Love the ones with the different languages.

youtube.com/watch?v=zpH0jVERNxI

I'm talking about a deeper impact. dmcdmc helped the series define itself and dmc2 expanded the combat system and made the combat lackluster in the process.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/317554745/#317562818
I don't get why they disabled translation sites that let you do like 50 translations at once. They allowed for some hilarious shit.

DMC2s biggest achievement was being bad enough that Itsuno got "Motivated" to go all out on DMC3.

DmC didn't have that much impact aside from maybe the aesthetics, and even then DMC4 already had a somewhat more realistic look compared to the PS2 games.

Attached: 1542935281030.jpg (255x278, 37K)

>*discontent vomiting*
>Not like you!
>Pffft!

Attached: GordonFreeman.jpg (357x359, 27K)

This might ne favorite one yet

Attached: 1543464790215.gif (390x220, 2.97M)

Wasn't Eva originally supposed to be a witch or some shit?

In Kamiya's headcanon in relation to Bayonetta, but that's about it. It's probably just how he'd connect the two series if he were able to handle both at the same time.

an entire thread and no one mentions the fact that it was announced netflix is working on an animated devil may cry series like the castlevania series

>netflix

Because it's most likely going to be shit

5 is closest to 3 in aesthetic if anything. Qliphoth's insides is literally Leviathan's, just with tree textures instead of meat

Eh, that's been a thing since the first. Underworld is almost always meaty in some way. Well, maybe not DMC2, but then again everything in that game felt bland and lifeless.

A few people already have mentioned the rumored show. The question is, will it be remotely good? The Castlevania series is alright enough, but nothing extremely special.

The distrortion hotel as it sunk into hell in DMC2's like last mission for both campaigns went meaty as fuck.

If the character designs are as good as the castlevania series i will be okay with it going in with low expectations is the best option

If they ever go the monster of the week route again, they should be presented in a way that moves the plot forward. Kinda like Garo: Honoo no Kokuin.
They should also remix more music from the games too.

Attached: D1jgH2JU0AAvF9y-orig.jpg (710x710, 83K)

I guess, but it's just a shame how everything else just felt like something out of a PS1 game; flat and almost completely empty. Of course, DMC2 was the first game to have the adventure span across multiple locations, whereas the original kept everything mostly inside the castle and then a few parts of the island before going back inside.

I would like to see more Virgil and Nero shenanigans.
Having Virgil and Nero in the anime as focus would be interesting. Specially if someone tells Virgil about being a grandpa.

Attached: 1552251494950.jpg (630x500, 50K)

True. Long as they look accurate to whichever games they take the most inspiration for (or if they adapt each one at a time), then it should be fine. But I do hope they could deliver more satisfying fights. Don't have to be several minutes, but at least not over in seconds like some of the ones in DMCTAS.
Really, all it needs to do is just have the overarching plot be furthered with every episode in some way. Sid only showed up here and there throughout the anime, and even then a scene with his compiling his loot implied he had popped up even in the episodes he was absent. Didn't help that it was also rather contrived that some of the monsters were exactly what he needed to unlock Abigail's (seriously, what kind of fucking name is that for a demon?) power.

Attached: Danteart.jpg (830x1167, 111K)

>Videos taken before disaster.

>Vergil judgment cuts the door of Nero's house
>"Dad, for the last time; you can just knock!"

Attached: Kyrie the cook.png (590x1014, 218K)

Such dark times we live in, when the lolis are the ones committing the rapes!

Attached: Dante comes to collect.jpg (627x1200, 490K)

His one in 5 should have had the hood instead of the hair.

Here you go

Attached: 1553330721397.jpg (480x542, 42K)

Oops

Attached: 1553373355666.jpg (1024x5072, 618K)

>bursting through the wall instead of a Yamato portal

I seriously can't decide who has the better outfit. Vergil's world's best dad sweater or Dante's peak boomer outfit

Dante beat him to it, you can see he was about to open the door. Though I don't know how Dante busted the wall when his hands were full.

What did Capcom mean by this?

Attached: 1553327041015.jpg (502x922, 207K)

I'm surprised Verg would even consider wearing normal clothes.

At least they did it better than Ninja Theory.

Surprised more crossover memes weren't made when the DLC literally had a "Hollow Vergil" in it.

Attached: If I see that fucking Vergin one more time.jpg (563x599, 49K)

>V is Yuu Asakawa's husbando now

Attached: 1553079040883.png (873x651, 1.04M)

Attached: Sieppaa.png (524x211, 19K)

By being Dante.

>voiced by Koki Uchiyama

Attached: 1552453518125.png (1440x1440, 1.15M)

Her DMC streams pretty fun, even though she beginner to series.

Based Yuu plays the game with the english voice track.

>character quote English chuunige
>not playing in English

>tfw Reuben Langdon dealing with retards because of an interview

Attached: 1552373216170.png (851x768, 924K)

That saga already came and went thankfully.

I don't think anyone plays DMC in any other language than english

Thank god people are now being smart to not like those deluded tranny cunts have their way and try to ruin an honest man's life.

Attached: afaggotwithashitopinion.jpg (872x696, 64K)

Based.

I love her!

I love the episode where Lady and Trish meet

>>tfw Reuben Langdon dealing with retards because of an interview
What?

>Vergil already unsheathing
HIDE THE KIDS

Attached: 1521775177751.gif (321x321, 1.39M)

resetera.com/threads/reuben-langdon-dante-of-dmc-blames-sexual-harassment-victims-thinks-metoo-and-blm-goes-too-far-update-langdon-responds-capcom-investigating.106010/

>>Vergil already unsheathing
Someone had to cut the umbilical cords and foreskins

>Yikes..
>Ugh...
Seeing those unironic is hilarious now.

Give me a 0

>resetera

Someone should marry Asa-nee already

>Vergil opening portals every time he comes to the Kyrue's orphanage/Nero's store.

I did say retards

Attached: 1552526099194.png (612x486, 145K)

And did you win any awards online for penning that travesty?
That's encouraging.
Hard to give you anymore of what you come by naturally, but check em.
>

Attached: idioteque.gif (782x440, 187K)

>resetera

>never heard
>google it
>one of the first links I see is a ED link
>kiwifarms
>Rotten Websites Wiki
>"Reminder never to listen to Resetera"
I see

Orihime is voiced by Stephanie Sheh, right?

Attached: 1553298874138.png (1011x1200, 879K)

>no crying nero in the window

Yup

Attached: KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (158x127, 28K)

How powerful would a quarter demon be?
Would we get to have a female blood of Sparda devil hunter with DT form?

Attached: CpEJI5UUIAAhd6J.jpg (840x1200, 241K)

>play DMC4 for the first time
>mfw Kyries fat christian ass was on screen
Wew lad.
No wonder Nero was so obsessed.

Attached: 1552781225740.png (1024x576, 531K)

As long as it has a Nero and Kyrie SOL episode I'm in.

Presumably less initial demonic power but a higher median/ceiling thanks to the human blood. Better question would be at what point does the demon blood become too diluted to be useful.

So some time in the future another son/daughter of sparda is gonna have to fuck some demon/demoness to keep the demon blood up?

Attached: virgin age meter.jpg (1024x572, 112K)

>at what point does the demon blood become too diluted to be useful
Never
Chad sparda seed WOKE to justice is 2 stronk to get dilluted by the human genome.

Attached: DMC4_SE_Sparda.png (695x1000, 643K)

>to keep the demon blood up?
How about we just let it be deluded and don't create more potential worldending kids?

>Chad sparda

Attached: 1529821818409.png (559x304, 141K)

I think we all agreed that DmC doesn´t count. The proper Sparda was a classy guy.

Attached: Sparda_(Model)_DMC4SE.png (1270x2750, 2.44M)

Every episode would start with Nero saying he's about to head to back to his wife and then another job would come up at the last minute... actually that sounds alright.

Dante needs to have children soon.

Attached: gambler and loli.png (776x889, 1.07M)

Attached: 1551388203469.png (900x900, 59K)

just 9 more years

>In the prequel novel even Nico watches her language around Kyrie and calls her a goddess.
>She also wonders how someone like Nero probably doesn´t deserve someone that nice.
>Even Nero agrees she´s much more than he deserves when he overhears her muttering it.

Its adorable really.

Dante is basically the "no way fag" meme incarnate.

Attached: 1553335076598.jpg (838x1024, 186K)

Well the game was first conceived as Resident Evil 4 so it makes sense.

Non canon, knowing Vergil he probably had no idea what he even was doing back in Fortuna and was only curious what that woman was doing, but ultimately found it alright.

>implying Vergil did it willingly with his autism

Attached: 1553212497712.png (1230x1620, 955K)

Is Dante in his 40's in 5? I thought Lady and him were supposed to be around the same age

Dante & Vergil are 8 when Eva dies.
18 during DMC3
DMC1 comes on the 20 year anniversary of Eva's death.
The anime happens a few months after that.
I don't know if we have an explicit timegap between 1/A with 2 and 4.
5 is "a few" years after 4, but something like 8-10 after 1/A, given Patty's just now turning 18.
So Dante, Vergil, and Lady all should be pushing 40.

Why can't can't Dante change into other forms unlike Sparda? Cool sword got remade into a bland one

Dante was 18 during DMC3 manga, DMC3 happens a year later so he and Vergil are 19
The latest novel stated Nero was the same age as Dante during DMC3 so 19 making Dante 38
The novel happens a year before DMC5 and says DMC4 happened 5 years ago, it also says DMC2 happened 10 yeas ago
Dante is 44 during DMC5
Patty's age is inconsistent and wasn't thought trough in the new canon.

The important part is that Patty is legal now.

We all know he was tricked into it. She probably told him it would give him more power or something.

>Prefers to stay in Hell with his older brother fighting for all eternity than to go back and face her
Not that it matters to Dante anyway.

>The novel happens a year before DMC5 it also says DMC2 happened 10 yeas ago

I'm not sure either of those things are correct.

They say the events that happened on Fortuna were 5 years ago, Lucia and Matier appear and it's said that it's been 10 years since Dante last saw her.
All of that is in the latest novel DMC5 Before the Nightmare.

>They say the events that happened on Fortuna were 5 years ago, Lucia and Matier appear and it's said that it's been 10 years since Dante last saw her.

I know it's five years after 4, but I never read anything about it having been ten years since 2 or the novel being a year before 5.

The timeline was changed, it's now DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC Anime > DMC2 > DMC4 > DMC5

Yes, I know the timeline changed, but in all the summeries of the novel I never heard that 2 was ten years ago.

Also it's before the anime, not after.

The novel starts a year before DMC5 and ends with the prologue of DMC5 with they mentioning they haven't heard of Dante for a month, it isn't just during the year prior, it shows how Nero lost his arm and why he went to Redgrave.
Before accepting V's job of fighting Urizen, Dante went to Vie de Marli and met Matier and Lucia and they mentioned he hasn't been there since around 10 years.

>The novel starts a year before DMC5
I didn't think it started that far back, I thought it was like six months before the start of the game in May.

>Dante went to Vie de Marli and met Matier and Lucia and they mentioned he hasn't been there since around 10 years.
I never read that in any of the translations, what's your source?

the whole return to dumary island part also covers how he got balrog
drive.google.com/file/d/1sehBInbkahYDqQ3NzV3nyHPKljIdLysp/view

Attached: DANTE PLEASE SLEEP WITH MY BIRD DAUGHTER.png (613x183, 39K)

Definitely. But it would probably be like every other crazy game anime where it misses the point and has a low ass budget that tries to make it first look pretty and realize it has no good writing or action sequences ironically like the Bayo/Blazblue animes.

The first DMC anime is only passable for music/decent art it was a giant bore fest.

viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/03/4/viewer.html?cid=2e95a117-b38c-4861-aa49-779d8fc1e748&cty=0
Page 32 onwards

It's like they went out of their way to put in all the shit we ripped DmC over, right down to the ugly, trashy cunt that makes you want to kill yourself every time she appears, which is constantly. I'm liking V, I'm glad it exists, but it has some serious monkey paw shenanigans going on.

Attached: 1368714866838.png (503x441, 289K)

>Blue board this, dad!

Attached: Kyrie's big butt.jpg (1023x724, 401K)

That's reboot Sparda. Everyone in rebootverse was gay and weak, especially Vergin.

Can Dante or Vergil, at least beat Cthulhu in Sin DT? I know the Outer Gods are still league higher

>So you say this "vagina" is a gateway to achieving more power?

Better question what would Cthulhu's devil arm be

Whatever it would be, it would have a weird, hard to handle control scheme like Nevan.

some kind of tentacle spawning and mind-controlling sickle perhaps

He's a spiritual successor to Leon Kennedy. Well, Leona at least shows romantic interest in Ada. Meanwhile Dante only wants to eat pizza and fight his brother.

>If father can produce a child and become more powerful, I can too.

I found the parallels RE4/6 had to DMC very interesting. Mikami basically turned Leon into DMC1 Dante, and in RE6 he gained an acrobatic dual wielding skill, while Jake was basically a rehash of what Dante was originally intended to be, a bioengineered child of an Umbrella higher-up. RE6 was an awful game, but it was the closest thing to a fun idea Capcom had in those dark days.

It would be the pandora of melee weapons creating weird and random effects its basic form would just be a big slab with eldritch writing on it

At least Sherry was fucking hot.

Attached: Sherry Birkin RE6.jpg (650x1745, 107K)

A more appropriate idea would be a weapon that has a dozen different combos and the weapon changes properties for all of them. Add in Nevan's direction and rank-based controls and you have a weapon beyond the comprehension of all who aren't already crazy.

And how.

Attached: 1352702337280.gif (232x232, 2.98M)

Attached: Sherry's clothes.png (900x1317, 1.03M)

>And rank-based
Wait what?
Did Nevan have fucking Rank-based combos?

Pretty sure there aren't, Nevan only has side directionals and Air Raid in DT.
Quadruple S is the only rank-based move I can think of

I'm just making sure I wasn't missing something massive.
Honestly Nevan, being awkward for having side directionals instead of back/forth didn't get to me that bad. The bigger problem was how a-typical its actual hits came. Felt incredibly awkward to go in and out of it mid-combo.

I think I worded it poorly, I mean the effectiveness and range of moves changes based on rank, I know the finisher where you get a column of lightning is different if your rank is high, and I recall that the standard bat-shooting move sends out more bats if you're doing better. Give it variables, I guess.

I pray to all the gods, known or not, that we get Vergil in the BP update

>Shankar told IGN he "acquired [the Devil May Cry] rights [himself] so the jabronis in Hollywood don't f*** this one up too."

Looks like it already happened.

reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/azi7cj/mega_dmcv_spoilers_references_to_bp_matchmaking/
Signs point to likely. Hopefully at launch and not later.

>Shankar told IGN he "acquired [the Devil May Cry] rights [himself] so the jabronis in Hollywood don't f*** this one up too."
I still don't want it, but this guy has my respect.

How do I deal with Blitz fast using Dante?
I waste a lot of time in BP because of that fuckers

Pandora

Nero's DMC5 design is worlds superior

DRI

I'm willing to try, since the Castlevania series isn't all that bad. It's a bit clunky, overdoes it with the swearing sometimes, and the animation isn't perfect, but it's still better than what we might have gotten. I still remember when that buffoon Andershit was planning on making a movie, probably would have found someway to shoehorn his wife Mila into the thing like he did in his shitty RE films.

Use Gilgamesh's jump kicks and press royal guard right when you hit them.

Spam Omen while you're at it

It would have to be something like this.
God, I love this part.

Attached: 1552344424637.jpg (390x398, 135K)

He's such a fucking autist, I love it.

I still want more V.

It only led to his downfall.

>If my father conquered a vagina, then surely I can do one as well!

Wouldn't be surprised if that was literally his motivation

Attached: 1552945378925.png (1000x855, 594K)

Yeah just turn DMC2 into an anime, then nobody has to play the game.

>Foolishness, woman. Foolishness. Trying to trick one of demonic is dangerous for your health.

>My son means nothing to me!
>A few moments of realization later
>Wait, NERO IS MY SON?
He's very fucking autistic. But he did seem really hesitant during the fight, telling Nero to back down. That is until Nero flipped the bird made him eat dirt.

>Dante kept his wizard powers, strong as fuck.
>Vergil never got his wizard powers, relies on autistic to gain more power

That's because he wasn't motivated at first.

>Nero use pure undistilled hatred for his power

You mean sheer butthurt

Attached: 1552783740980.jpg (431x450, 74K)

Funny you say that given how he goes full Sith lord when you finish BP as him.

Attached: Emperor Nero.png (1366x768, 1.8M)

Looks like from posuka demizu

Is there any possibility for this dork to ever comeback?

Translation error, in Japanese he said "My son...what do you mean?"

I think Itsuno said, a human and a demon always make a demon with a human side, like it dosen't dilute ever, every generation get powers

They can asspull something like him being imprinted on the book, but then again, how will based Bird and friends come back?

So you're telling me that in the future there will be a lot of nearly unkillable wacky woohoos running around? Sounds like some kind of anime plot.

It's only way to protect humanity

>a lot of nearly unkillable wacky woohoos running around?
Is even more likely when you remember the anime is canon and soit's Bradley and how dante said, some demons awoke their hearths and live among humans in peace

Dear mother of god

You'll only get a line of autist since only the autistic one manage to breed. The wacky woohoo doesn't want to lose his wizard powers.

Holy SHIT this whole time whenever people talked about wanting more "DMC" in other threads I thought they were talking about Detroit Metal City. A lot of things just fell into place.

We still need more DMC, though.

Attached: bfln5jRa_L37ziNWm-xNvAgK78zjewIjOJs-IkTFYdeaMEGjqH0pUupVrYhOWYsZs5Awjckj4KbMqZAdahX_iTLNBC9RsL5KjGHU (575x414, 3.33M)

This, also with only Nero bredding, unless he make like 7 children Kyrie, we're getting a clan of wacky demon hunter, until few generations in the future

I coould do a post-5 SoL featuring Dante happy he got some of his family back, Vergil learning how to behave in today's society and being quirky like V in private, Lady and Trish processing all of that.

I wouldn't mind a new series that animate the ending, even if wasen't that good

>Phantom teases in the manga.
>No unlockable summons in game.
I get that his playstyle is an experiment but he needed more shit to unlock throughout the game.

Attached: 6E747BEC-4F2C-4171-9AFB-F7305539703B.jpg (576x576, 47K)

Yeah i really hope, he comesback in someway in the future, they could replace the summons, but one of the new one needs to have banter like Griffon a depowered Phantom that shittalk him could be cool and his DT would allow him to turn back in OG phantom again

Would be fun if they did make Patty into a summoner like V.

Attached: patty.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

She's would be a sorcerer/witch. Which still would be fun to try.
Plus more jiggling boobs.

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK

Not like she can't use summoning as well, that's usually tied to magic anyway. She just wouldn't be able to summon the same familiars, at least not the ones we got used to.

dont ever post a resetera link here you fucking retard

Nothing warms my heart more than when a new iteration of a long-dormant series is as good or even better than the "classic" titles. Mortal Kombat 9 and Killer Instinct 2016 were like that too.
Saged for not anime and manga

Anyway I want more jiggling boobs.

DMC is literally anime AND manga.

Attached: Cover.jpg (800x1238, 124K)

Still weird they never made that volume for Lady.

And LN.

I have to come to say the J-word brother

Attached: Dante old grin.jpg (553x441, 27K)

Funny how the manga and anime were in a "canon grey area" until 5, which just outright confirmed everything

Is the 2nd novel about the alternate timeline with a platoon of Trish canon?

With considerable retcons and shoehorning. Still, it's pretty interesting that they counted so much content when they could have just said "These characters did exist, but the works they came from aren't exactly accurate". And didn't they leave out the DMC2 tie-in novel?

It was never really in a "canon grey area", retards just couldn't grasp the idea of non-game stuff being canon without being explicitly told it was.

The second novel is canon too, it starts right when Trish leaves as Dante's partner and ends off with Dante being contacted for DMC2.

Attached: Evil DeadWeight.jpg (1260x1800, 2.03M)

Except it was. DMC3 contradicted a lot of things from the first novel, or at least muddled up the original flow of things that had at the time existed with the two novels and games. Didn't help that because Capcom originally said that DMC2 was set in the distant future of Dante's career, that people assumed any other game would be set before it, including 4 and the anime.

The first novel I get, but there's no excuse for anything else.

I'M GONNA SAY IT

Attached: hobo vash.jpg (3840x2160, 1.48M)

JFILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT

Attached: DMC May Cry 5nd Edicion especialto.jpg (1260x775, 539K)

The longer you look the funnier it gets

JUDGEMENT NUT

Attached: v6.jpg (3840x2160, 1.21M)

There was when the manga came out and made the placement for the first novel more confusing. And it didn't help that Capcom practically avoided talking about DMC2, making it seem like they were trying to ignore its existence until recently. The series might not be as convoluted as say the Zelda series, or as continuously rewritten like the Castlevania franchise, but it's not that weird people were confused until just now.

Still waiting for Sattou

Attached: D2PE3YlUYAAKGzT.png orig.png (789x234, 70K)

Attached: dSucKcc__400x400.jpg (385x385, 12K)

Absolute units

Attached: chadsan.jpg (849x957, 339K)

>There was when the manga came out and made the placement for the first novel more confusing.
Like I just said, for the first novel you have an excuse (Vergil's different life) for why it, or at least parts of it, might not be canon. But for everything else there's no excuse, them not referencing DMC2 doesn't make it or material surrounding it non-canon.

It is when the original impression was that DMC2 was set in the furthest point of Dante's career

I think it would be interesting to overwrite it. Remake it, but with Nero instead of Dante and fun instead of horrible drudgery, there would even be a better explanation for him turning down bird pussy and going to hell at the end.

Too late for such an extreme overwrite. At most, they could remake the game so it's of more acceptable quality like the rest of the series. And really, all they'd have to do is just make Dante play like he has been the last two games, flesh out the story some more (like maybe a call-forward to Agnus from DMC4), and things would be good.

>It is when the original impression was that DMC2 was set in the furthest point of Dante's career
Why would that matter as to the canonicity of the book? That makes no sense.

unfortuntely, itsuno did say he liked DmC so that's probably why it took some cues from it. good return to form otherwise

There were some good ideas there like the enemy introduction screen and dynamic music.

Because until DMC5, it was thought to be at the end of the timeline, meaning that anything and everything else would be before 2. Once 5 got announced, it was then at least figured 2 was moved to before it. Now, we know for a fact that DMC2 is shortly after the original game as it was first thought to be, and people now just write Dante's bout of emoness as him probably still mourning Vergil's loss on Mallet Island.

What is Dante going to do when he and Vergil return from the Underworld anyway?

Attached: 1553311929954.webm (1280x720, 2.67M)

>Because until DMC5, it was thought to be at the end of the timeline, meaning that anything and everything else would be before 2.
So? That wouldn't make anything involving it non-canon.

It still made the placement of things confusing. And since nothing from the books, manga, or anime got referenced until now, they were just as easily considered non-canon. There are plenty of franchises out there with supplementary material that are sometimes revealed to be not canon to the main works.

Probably order a couple pizzas and a few sundaes

>they were just as easily considered non-canon.
By retards. There's also tons of franchises that have supplementary material that never gets referenced which is completely canon. Something being "confusing" doesn't make it non-canon.

>by retards
Not a fucking argument. Goddamn, you sound like some fucking tryhard asshat thinking that just because you weren't confused by the order of events you're somehow smart. Get over yourself. The franchise until recently had a convoluted set up, and clearly took a lot of risk trimming and rewriting some parts to fit everything from the books, manga, anime, and even radio drama into the whole narrative.

UMU~

Attached: Summer Nero.png (900x900, 286K)

Dante and Vergil's Wacky Adventures in Hell when

>just because you weren't confused by the order of events you're somehow smart.
Motherfucker, it's not about being confused by the order of events, it's about how retards confused by the order of events would just say something was non-canon with no evidence whatsoever. It's not like a student in a classroom who doesn't understand how something adds up has any validity if he insists the math is just wrong.

The point is that there was plenty of conflicting events, jackass. But hey, act like a smartass because YOU didn't have any problem when it's been stated how there was plenty of reason to be confused with the canon until recently. Goddamn, you sound pretty fucking insecure if you're going to insult people who had reasonable confusion about a series that has had loads of people writing content for it.

I don't think it's that out there, and it would make sense for Nero to be curious, yet dismissive of his connection to Sparda, and the intent of overriding the one mainline mistake in the franchise would be a good way to have the public accept a true Nero-headlined DMC out of Dante's shadow.

Monkey paw.

>The point is that there was plenty of conflicting events, jackass
Literally the only outright contradiction was Gilver in the DMC1 novel. That's the only piece of supplementary canon that people ever had a point in saying that it might not be canon. Meanwhile people swore up and down for years that the manga and anime were never canon with zero proof.

>there was plenty of reason to be confused with the canon
I just told you, that isn't even close to the point. It has nothing to do with people being confused, it has to do with people taking their confusion and bullshitting up "facts" like tons of non-game material being non-canon that aren't backed by anything.

Better than Fate Nero.

Attached: WcAr6ES_d.jpg (640x1429, 129K)

But it would be, given that DMC2 is confirmed as being before 4, and even referenced in the prequel book tie-in for 5. At most, they could build off the fact that Arius and Agnus were part of the same company, and have whoever runs it now possible gun after Nero either in revenge for the two men or just to continue the company's scheme of world domination. As for Nero being dismissive, I don't really see that working since he pretty much accepted being Vergil's son before he went to whoop his pappy's ass. He might at least try to live by his own legacy, rather than taking example after his grandfather, dad, and uncle.

UMU with a gun would be cool.

Attached: Bride Nero.png (1000x1294, 714K)

The DMC wiki must be run by closet /ss/-fags

They had doubts of the manga because of it contradicting with the novel. As for the anime, not too sure why people would doubt it being entirely canon, just whether it was before DMC4 (since the anime was released just a short while before its release), but once DMC5 got announced, there was some understandable confusion because nobody expected DMC2 to get put back in the proper order after all these years.

>They had doubts of the manga because of it contradicting with the novel.
But the most basic rule f canon is that new shit > old shit. And it's not really the manga that contradicted, but DMC3 itself due to Vergil's presence.

Accepting your dad and caring about your lineage are two different things. I can see him being mildly interested in learning a bit about old Grandpa, while also being dismissive and snarky when some old bag keeps talking about how much cooler than him the guy was. I think you're right in saying it wouldn't happen, I just think it could be done and that I would find it interesting.

Technically both, since without the manga, plenty of people could have assumed Vergil had maybe broken free of Mundus after the first novel, then got caught again after DMC3. But then the manga pretty much confirmed he had remained free of anyone's influence until the game, though either way it was still confusing in regards to Gilver, who we only now know wasn't ever really Vergil to begin with. Which does feel a bit like a copout, but I can get that Itsuno probably didn't want to make Vergil look incompetent by getting recaptured, and not wanting to completely overwrite the first book since he already retconned in Morrison over Enzo. Or at least Morrison was buddies with Dante/Tony at that point instead of sometime after.

It's funny that he shares a name with Fate Nero when he's a lot closer to Mordred in every other aspect.

Attached: best saber.png (1280x720, 556K)

I don't know, DMC5 felt like Nero finally breaking free of his punkish nature. He's still a rude kid to his old man and uncle, but only because they're both thickheaded dipshits who have been in great need of a third party to knock their heads together. If anything, Nero would just say "Grandpa sounds cool, but ma'am, I ain't my grandpa" and then proceed on his way.

Has it even been confirmed Gilver was a thing in the current timeline. The reports and 5 novel are awfully vague on exactly how the first novel's events transpired.

According to what's been recently revealed in new materials, Gilver was a clone of Vergil while the real deal was still on the run, who was in turn being pursued by a Dante clone that may or may not have been eliminated.

Has Beryl been referenced anywhere, or did they just go "fuck it" and retcon her to Lady?

>plenty of people could have assumed Vergil had maybe broken free of Mundus after the first novel, then got caught again after DMC3.
So he would have been corrupted since he was a child, willingly and vindictively served Mundus like in the novel, had Yamato BROKEN like in the novel, somehow been freed, uncorrupted, had a personality switch and gotten Yamato back all in a year before DMC3, then gotten captured and recorrupted all over again?

No way, that makes zero sense. 3 is even pretty upfront about how the original canon with Vergil being captured as a child had been overwritten. If someone wanted to headcanon that hard for 3 the manga doesn't really stop that either, someone could just say the same thing happened but before the manga too.

Beryl is the name of the fashion magazine the characters can be seen reading in 5. I guess she started it after the book.

He's definitely not a snotty brat anymore, but he still has a mouth on him and his snark was still in full force. It was more subdued though, almost to the point of being dry.

>tfw Lady's been voiced by two dub Saber VAs

Attached: 1532848686125.jpg (400x474, 38K)

Yamato being broken was a detail until DMC4 though, so that doesn't really count in terms of what people were thinking back around the time of DMC3's release. And it's not just the whole thing about Vergil being captured, but how DMC3 seems to make it sound like Dante never did his whole identity crisis thing as Tony. Which is something the new game seems to gloss over. From the sound of things, Dante just pretended the entire time, whereas the book made it that Dante had suppressed his memories of who he really was until Nell's death.

I love Lady!

Attached: 1551668723384.png (1280x720, 719K)

Especially the daddy issues. Imagine if they switched places.

>Mordred keeps getting distracted in DMC 5 by Shadow being a fatcat
>Everything is better in Camelot because Nero doesn't give a shit about being King. Then someone calls Nero deadweight once and he suplexes them so hard the castle explodes

Attached: 1552287799061.webm (800x450, 2.97M)

I think the safest thing to assume is that 2 took place a year or so after 1. Assuming Patty was 8 during the anime and we don't take "10 years" to mean 10 exact years down to the date but more "10 years roughly".

Is Nero just whipped by Kyrie or does she keep him in check? He seems less assholish this time around

Either way, he's definitely not gonna be the arrogant cunt he was during 4 through 5. And who knows how much time they'll skip to whenever DMC6 becomes a thing. Could easily just be a few years and Nero being only somewhat older, or they might make it several so he can be looking after kids of his own and more mellowed out.

its only worth watching if dante has a daughter

She's the only thing that keeps Nero going full DmC Donte.

He's always been more tender around her, since she and her brother Credo were the closest thing to family he had growing up while in the order. Having your long lost daddy pop up and twist your arm off like a gecko's tail would put anyone in a poor mood.

Attached: Kyrie.png (1360x2624, 3.16M)

>Yamato being broken was a detail until DMC4 though,
Yes, but that also happened in the novel. Meaning it would've had to be broken (And there it was turned to dust), reforged for 3, and then broken again.

Not to mention in the book Dante names his shop at the end, while at the start of 3 he hasn't named it yet.

>From the sound of things, Dante just pretended the entire time, whereas the book made it that Dante had suppressed his memories of who he really was until Nell's death.
I don't know, I don't think it does. Eva told him to start a new life, given the trauma of the situation that easily could have led him to suppress his past.

Which new material? The Dante clone thing is also new and wasn't even so much as hinted at anywhere else. I get him being a clone of Vergil Mundus made to mess with Dante, but why a Dante clone?

Fair enough. Does get annoying when some works say "10 years" or whatever over and over, but it's actually 8-9 at least.

>Yes, but that also happened in the novel. Meaning it would've had to be broken (And there it was turned to dust), reforged for 3, and then broken again.
I assume you mean the DMC4 book, right. Either way, the point is that Yamato being broken wasn't known at the time of DMC3. Not to mention most people thought it broke when Vergil gunned after Mundus, not in his final fight with Dante since nobody would have thought Nelo's sword was a corrupted Yamato.
>I don't know, I don't think it does. Eva told him to start a new life, given the trauma of the situation that easily could have led him to suppress his past.
True, it's just that Morrison's summary of events and descriptions of Dante sound like he wasn't traumatized to the point of forgetting his old life, just that he hid as requested.
From what I understand, it was something stated in the new novel, though whenever anons bring it up on Yea Forums, so maybe they mean the V manga. As for why, Mundus was probably trying to fuck with Vergil so he'd let his guard down and be easier to capture. The fact that no confirmation about the Dante clone's death is made, does make for an interesting sequel hook.

>I assume you mean the DMC4 book, right.
No, I mean the DMC1 book.

>not in his final fight with Dante since nobody would have thought Nelo's sword was a corrupted Yamato.
I don't think anything DOES say it was broken in 1 against Dante or that it was Nelo's sword.

>True, it's just that Morrison's summary of events and descriptions of Dante sound like he wasn't traumatized to the point of forgetting his old life, just that he hid as requested.
Morrison is only getting things in a vague sense, he wouldn't know if that was the case because Dante isn't the type to tell people things like that.

>No, I mean the DMC1 book.
Where? I don't recall them mentioning the Yamato by name, just that Gilver had a katana as well.
>I don't think anything DOES say it was broken in 1 against Dante or that it was Nelo's sword.
According to some anons I've talked to, that's apparently when the break happened. And after Vergil/Nelo asploded, the sword was scattered through the underworld until Arius and Agnus found the pieces while they were still working together.
>Morrison is only getting things in a vague sense, he wouldn't know if that was the case because Dante isn't the type to tell people things like that.
Maybe, but when you look at how Dante acts through things like the prequel manga for DMC3 and the game itself, it almost sounds like his entire stint as Tony either didn't happen or not in the way the book told it. It's clear that Itsuno took advantage of some conflicting details as best as he could, and managed pretty well compared to other long-running game series. Even with like 12 games, Kingdom Hearts is still a mess for a lot of people who have gone through every game. And something like Resident Evil has a lot of obvious retcons, along with more subdued ones that got swept under the rug in some fashion or another.

>Where? I don't recall them mentioning the Yamato by name, just that Gilver had a katana as well.
It was implied to be Yamato, but I suppose it could have been a random katana. But then that just raises the question of how he got Yamato back.

>According to some anons I've talked to, that's apparently when the break happened.
Maybe, though I haven't heard or read that to be the case.

>when you look at how Dante acts through things like the prequel manga for DMC3 and the game itself, it almost sounds like his entire stint as Tony either didn't happen or not in the way the book told it.
Why? Keep in mind at the end of the book he basically threw away Tony as a fake persona and was "reborn" again as Dante.

>It was implied to be Yamato, but I suppose it could have been a random katana. But then that just raises the question of how he got Yamato back.
Well since Gilver is no longer the real Vergil, it's fair to assume it was just some random sword, since the real Vergil wouldn't let that sword out of his grasp so easily.
>Why? Keep in mind at the end of the book he basically threw away Tony as a fake persona and was "reborn" again as Dante.
Just how it seems given the way later materials present younger Dante. It's certainly still possible he had repressed his identity from the trauma or just conditioning himself as per Eva's request, but this is just minor stuff that's bound to come about when a whole bunch of extra material is slapped together and trimmed around the edges to account for any inconsistencies or new additions (such as Morrison being friends with Dante since pretty much the start of his career instead of sometime into it as previous thought). The fact that Itsuno made it work for the most part is pretty impressive given all the stuff he had to comb through to create a complete timeline for the series. I can still remember how a lot of people were willing to write DMC2 out entirely given how negatively received it was by the fans. Now we got a book that implies Lucia's got a thing for Dante, and explains why Dante's hand to hand weapon changed yet again.

>Well since Gilver is no longer the real Vergil, it's fair to assume it was just some random sword, since the real Vergil wouldn't let that sword out of his grasp so easily.
Sure, but that doesn't really speak to the point about the game already contradicting the book.

>Just how it seems given the way later materials present younger Dante.
I'm not sure what you're referring to though, because as far as the presentation goes nothing seems to contradict the notion he suppressed his life as Dante while living as Tony.

What happens if you replace any MC in anime or manga with Nero?

Attached: 1552503108655.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

umu?

Umu.

Attached: 1553141262224.png (853x530, 621K)

>replace ichigo with him
>literally nothing changes

It's not much of a contradiction now given the whole "Gilver was just a fake" thing, but before that was made a detail, it was certainly one of the biggest issues when it came to the canon in regards to Vergil.
As for Dante, like I said the way he's presented and talked about in DMC3 and its manga (and I guess you could argue how he's described in the original game's manual by Enzo) did seem to pretty much ignore the whole Tony Redgrave affair, didn't help that since it appeared Vergil had nothing to do with Gilver (which we now know he didn't because of the clone excuse), it was easy to think that the first novel at the time wasn't a factor anymore. Granted, that did leave the whole issue of Dante's signature guns, but I think most people just wrote that off as "He still met a Nell Goldstein" and left it at that. Of course, we know how things are now without question.

AESTUS DOMUS AUREA

If another anime did happen, which studio would be ideal for it?

Dammit Dante! Stop invading other boards!

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-224114.jpg (1068x515, 137K)

I could maybe seen Bones, or Madhouse if they got a good team like they did with OPM season 1. But right now, it appears that it'll be Frederator or whatever they're called, the people behind Castlevania Netflix. The big question is whether they'll make an original (and possibly canon) story much like the 07 anime, or if they'll just adapt the games in chronological order.

V overrated
Dante outdated
Long have we waited
Jetgil Aviated!

We need someone to edit this gif, or just make a comic where Vergil does his fucking "I'm a fighter jet" move.

Attached: vergildmc5.gif (277x193, 1022K)

Can you blame him? She's sex on legs.

CV was a co-production between Frederator and Powerhouse.. Keep in mind that it was the producer himself that got the adaptation rights, not the studios as a whole, and so far we don't know who will be in charge of the actual animation production, just that it'll be in the same "multiverse" as the Castlevania cartoon.

Yes, the latter. She's a huge part of why he's not gone edgy autist like Vergil. It was directly stated that, were it not for Kyrie and her being in perceived danger, Nero would've put on his headphones when Dante attacked Sanctis and walked away, thinking it not his problem.

MAPPA with the Garo team. a DMC toku with Garo alumni, including Amemiya himself, would also be GOAT.

Attached: Vanishing Line 23 fight.webm (640x360, 1.07M)

>just that it'll be in the same "multiverse" as the Castlevania cartoon
So he is planning to cross the two series over? Or is that just some odd name he's got for "his universe" since both works by him?

>Ends up enslaved as Nelo Alimony

Can't have been for long, since Nero's apparently died or gave him up not long after his birth. Meme pics aside, seems she wasn't fit for the role of motherhood.

We don't really know yet, but the latter is more likely. He's done some unofficial short fan films on various franchise's before, and he could do that here too, but I'd imagine he'd have to get the OK from both Capcom and Konami before he can do any official crossover stuff between them.

>JUSTgil

Would be weird to try and cross them over, even if DMC1 was kind of like a 3D Castlevania in some ways. Not to mention Dante would shit all over Dracula in seconds before ol' Drac could even stretch his limbs after being rezzed from the grave. Still, odd the producer would bother mentioning some kind of universe thing just for his works if they aren't connected.

>the reveal of who was underneath the hood

Attached: 1493817577705.png (700x1000, 899K)

Reminder that in DMC people get weaker from pussy.

Attached: sex makes you weak.png (756x320, 69K)

You were saying, dead weight?

Didn't pussy actually motivate Nero to get a proper DT?

Attached: 1552552632696.jpg (779x439, 37K)

Pussy and the spirit of his adoptive brother-in-law. Credo's probably proud that Nero's smashing his sis' booty every night.

Do I need to be a Virgin to use Sparda? Is it the reason why Arkham got rejected? If so, why can Vergil use Force Edge?

You have to have some demonic juice in ya to wield it, hence why V couldn't barely lift it since he was for all wells and purposes a human through and through. As for being chaste or unchaste, probably doesn't really matter, just that you might become allergic to death if you've judgment nutted some pussy. Arham's problem was being a scrub who cheated for his demonic power, not unlike Sanctus and Agnus.

>There are people who played the last mission and didn't know you can trigger vocals to kick in by grabbing Vergil's doppelganger and then canceling it with DT into a double buster grab on both of them.

Attached: D1lS_FqUkAA45AG.jpg (1200x1112, 325K)

Abe wouldn't allow it!

Dante becomes the MC of High School DxD, what changes?

Attached: MV5BZjI3MmJiNzEtMjFlYy00MGRmLTllYTAtYTY4N2Y3OTQyZGFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_UY1200_CR73,0,6 (630x1200, 136K)