“Kanata no Astra” (Astra Lost in Space) anime PV

“Kanata no Astra” (Astra Lost in Space) anime PV
youtu.be/3p_Q0F73K-I

Attached: Dz0UBIcU8AAuEuJ.jpg (482x482, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-19/kenta-shinohara-astra-lost-in-space-wins-12th-manga-taisho-awards/.144719
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kanata Hoshijima (CV: Yoshimasa Hosoya)

Attached: D2QiVqDUYAAlAqb.jpg (850x1200, 66K)

Aries Spring (CV: Inori Minase)

Attached: D2QiWUgUYAAaWy3.jpg (849x1200, 54K)

Based

Attached: 1525125736491.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>we want the Gravity audience

oh, i'm happy about this.

Based space Bossun.

This will be a huge hit and bring sci fi, space and eventually even cyberpunk back, right?

another chino seiyuu

Cyberpunk is dead worldwide.

More like cage of eden in space, with elements of Lost.
It's also pretty short.

This is one of those manga where spoiling anime-onlys won't work cause they'll think you're joking.

Short and sweet, I hope this does good.

Not with that retarded twist it aint

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-19/kenta-shinohara-astra-lost-in-space-wins-12th-manga-taisho-awards/.144719
The manga already ended but it might have gotten an anime to sell the manga with an award boost.

anime was already announced before the award announcement

Space is finally back. Even Precure does it now.

They probably knew ahead, imagine using a award it won or a nomination ~2yrs ago to sell manga. Everyone would have moved on.

>Sket Dance anime will never be completed
Feels bad

Shinohara already said that the anime started planning when the manga was still running. I think people need to remember most anime spend 2-3 years in pre-production.

>manga ended before the anime aired

Glad that they still went ahead.

It's a rather unknown series so manga being finished is not even bad. It may make people buy it anyways.

So its safe to assume this anime will be a complete story then? If the source material is already finished then theres nothing to hold the anime back from trying to sell itself mainly on its own merits rather than being mainly a glorified commercial for the source manga. Its a very rare situation to be in.

No idea but there's only 5 volumes in total.

Mangaonly here.
Was the anime worth watching?

How many episodes is this going to have? I feel like 2cour would be a good amount.

I'm still hoping in Kuromukuro S2, PA Works!

Attached: [Leopard-Raws] Kuromukuro - 13 RAW (BS11 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_14.58_[2016.07.04_01.19.55] (1280x720, 99K)

I wonder if a certain scene will create a huge outrage or be well recieved.

This is the first time in ages I see an anime PV that actually hypes stuff up. I am interested now.

YES. Comfy space adventures FTW.

God YES. I live for this shit. The death of actual sci-fi in general and space stuff in particular in the west as well as in the far east was one of the main reasons for why I couldn't care as much about fiction as I did in the 90s. Fuck mundane bullshit, I want to see stuff nobody can experience in real life.

Which "certain scene" are we talking about here?

What are you talking about? This manga was pretty wholesome overall.

Oh no fucking way, this is getting an anime? I enjoyed the manga story time we had here a few months(?) back. I loved this series although I'll admit I haven't read any further from where the threads stopped, if it's even gotten any further TLs. That delicious tanned twintail girl was best girl.

Attached: 1536061421714.png (627x684, 443K)

You can DL the whole thing, translated, on nyaa.

The trans/non-binary character. I forgot how things came about but I wonder if people are going to have their problems with the depiction.

What would it be a problem? The manga is pretty straightforward about it. No bullshit or anything.

It made perfect sense after they explained the clone stuff.

Snowflakes may not take too kindly to it.

The truth is this is pretty much a normalfag manga so it's packet with normalfag themes. That's also why there is no harem or that sort of crap. Some people might not like that, but I think it's gonna be really popular overall.

Nani? Why is there an anime for a manga that is done?
I thought they were supposed to be an advert

There could be some gender essentialism or some other stuff that I forgot about.
I myself thought it was wholesome how accepting the kids were, which is why this representation might also get a lot of praise from the same people.

Oh now I remember, weren't they all living organ farms for the super wealthy?

It's a short series so an anime could still bolster volume sales. It didn't end too long ago.
They might also want to make this as some kind of prestige or passion project as the manga got quite a lot of attention in japan. It just won the taisho award. Wouldn't be suprised if a live action series was also planned.
If done well and broadcasted at the right time the anime might break-even just by itself.

Nah, they were more like vessels where you just dump your consciousness before you die.

>still hoping in Kuromukuro S2,
Based. Didn't know there where kuromukuro bros still out there.

I'm hoping the anime makes for some rule 34.

The one thing I liked is how the main chick subverts expectations. At first she looks like your generic damsel distress, but when shit hits the fan it turns out she's a bit of a genius ditz and comes out with the most crazy ideas that keep saving everyone's ass.

Fuck off you filthy American.

Attached: F91.png (1840x988, 2.43M)

No Guns Life is getting an anime too.

Solid series, nothing too amazing but still a good read. Any sci-fi fan can appreciate this one.

looks good

>yfw "What the fuck do you mean about planet Earth you crazy bitch?"

Attached: IMG_20190210_014025.jpg (486x510, 30K)

Absolutely

Kino PV for this.

Attached: 199.jpg (1400x2100, 1.72M)

Attached: 1541750528663.jpg (720x447, 33K)

That twist was fucking amazing.

Attached: 1485102188668.gif (500x372, 196K)

As far as I know the only thing they really butchered was the body swap arc.

just finished the manga, this reminds me the moon and the island movie so much. i want to fuck luca

I read volume 1 and thought this series might be too lighthearted for me but it turned out to be very good.
I think it'll translate well into anime because of it's fast-paced and well-structured storytelling. And most of all, it concludes.
Easily gonna be AOTS contender.

Who's the MC?

I'd say the guy, but the girl also gets a lot of focus, so both I guess.

Good cause the main girl has a generic moe design , and looks like the ditzy type. Dude looks like a chad

She has photographic memory and an odd way of thinking that allows her to find the solution to problems that seem unsolvable. Saves the crew multiple times. She is also a ditz.

The guy looks like a chad but it's kind of a dork. He does some saving of his own but more action oriented.

The other characters have great design too. I'll definitely check this out thanks
>Action
What kind? Mecha?

No, survival action. It's a survival anime, only in space and alien planets they land occasionally to get food and shit.

Just finished reading this.All in all, it felt like a more light-hearted, plot-focused Bokurano.The characers were simple but they worked, the planets were cool and varied enough, pace was really good, twists made sense.I think it will translate really well into an anime.

I'm glad they changed the vomic cast. I didn't like many of the voices for it, with some exceptions.

I read this series today because of this post and holy shit you're right.

Good read btw

Also it has one of the best confessions and marriage proposals of all time

Nice

How does キトリー translate to Quitterie?

Attached: C3uYB4oUoAAZRho.jpg (600x469, 72K)

There is a difference bettween cyberpunk and stellar sci-fi.

Good shit.
We're due for another space anime renaissance.

Attached: Mother.png (1088x925, 2.38M)

Google says Kitley

Like the Mnemonic Service guy in Sucker Bait?

Elon really revived interest in space.

>She has photographic memory and an odd way of thinking that allows her to find the solution to problems that seem unsolvable. Saves the crew multiple times. She is also a ditz.
So basically a female Bossun

This was intentional, isn't?

Attached: Astra Lost in Space - Chapter 5 - 3.jpg (800x1200, 605K)

I guess, but she's a ditz most of the time. It's only when things go completely nuts and it looks like there's no salvation that she comes up with these ideas that save everyone's butts.

The rest of the time the male MC and everyone else do just fine on their own.

But Bossun was cuter.

but quitterie is always wrong when it comes to people.

She is, but I was talking about Charce's mention of Earth

No, that could be a mistake from the translators. Back when it was be digitally, they answered questions in the comments and admitted they too wer caught by surprise from the twist, and that they needed to review the context of the words.

Really?! Well, it looked like really good foreshadow for me.

Yeah, it's a translator goof. The original text just mentions a onions bean like substance. Nothing about earth.

How the fuck did I write onions. I meant onions

this

Today I learned something new

Attached: 145697712267.png (719x608, 944K)

Yeah yeah we fucking know already, Shrek. The word filters been in place for well over a year now you faggot.

It's word filter, user. Say thanks to /pol/tards.

I hope Quitterie gets some good lewds.

Attached: 1546209216226.png (600x450, 337K)

How could you possibly not know about the SOI filter?

More space is always nice

Attached: 1504258936965.jpg (3514x4357, 2.96M)

My time on Yea Forums is limited to Yea Forums and even then I'm only in threads of manga I like. I swear I've been here for more than 1 year, user.

BODYSUITS

The trans and the emo will get all the lewds.

My roflcopter goes ___*10

Yes. The anime is great. Too bad the ending was rushed since it got canned
Don't remind me.

Attached: 51P5VroGUNL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 42K)

Right? Thinking back I disliked her the most because she was that generic female ditz character, but she actually subverted my expectations quite a bit.

>Too bad the ending was rushed since it got canned
What happened? Where did it end?

I was always surprised how she could come up with these ideas that saved everyone's ass. I think she didn't get enough credit from the other characters though. Like no one ever pointed out how she was the one consistently getting them out of deep shit, if I remember correctly.

So how many episodes is this going to be? A two cour series?

Right after they made Tsubaki the new students council president. They also introduced Kato and Usami. The greatest tragedy is that we never got the Osaka arc, the Switch On arc, or pic related animated.

Attached: 161717171.jpg (791x586, 191K)

>no Switch On

Attached: 1489863063027.png (322x340, 69K)

Mangadex has this right? Or is it licensed?

hot

Nyaa has the Viz version.

>what is a "God"
>we were taught by our (((leaders))) that God isnt real and the cause of destruction of the old world

this manga in a nutshell. I hope that the only surviving orthodox milf would evangelize the world again

Attached: r6aIlhO.png (461x514, 598K)

Isn't he just a hermaphrodite? But damn, having all that shit put on him because one guy wanted to be a cute trap

What's with the retro style bubble helmet?

>minase
shit cast
hopefully no grating next

I honestly want to fuck his butthole. No homo

It's out there, they just never found it.

Attached: Zohar.png (475x936, 413K)

That's depressing. Fujos were a mistake. Guess I'll have to take up the mantle and practice drawing some more.