Was browsing anime blu-rays and I saw that Kemono Friends 2 got bombed down to 1 - 2 star ratings. What happened bros?

Was browsing anime blu-rays and I saw that Kemono Friends 2 got bombed down to 1 - 2 star ratings. What happened bros?

Attached: 2019-03-22 03_34_51-Amazon _ 乗ってけ! ジャパリビート (初回限定盤A) _ どうぶつ� (527x319, 37K)

tatsuki cultists and kadokawa hate boner

Even without them is still shit.

It was always shit. The popularity was only because of jap meme

ep1 bad joke "tabenaide"
ep2 boring
ep3 taking hostage(?)
ep4 SHIT!!!
ep5 boring shit, dumb characters
ep6 dumb Kaban't, Owls being dumb slaves
ep7 stupid story, feels sorry for shitbird
ep8 cardboard, character constantly switch their position, violence, what's the point of that story?
ep9 seriously are you mentally psychopath or something?
ep10 best episode so far, pic related

Attached: KF2.png (1770x1121, 2.98M)

I’ll have two Japari Buns, a large Japari Bun, Japari Bread with extra dip, a bag of Japari Chips, two Japari Sticks, one with Japari Cheese, and a timeline where Tatsuki was working on KF S2.

Attached: Big Serval's Chonky Order.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

Season 1 is indeed shit, but it was awesome shit. The punk rock of anime. It showed that you don't need more than 4 chords if those 4 chords have attitude. KF2 is shit not just in production and writing, the entire soul and moral of it was shit. And it is quite certain that those who made it have a twisted personality.

>soulless chashgrab
Gee I wonder

>bombed down
Yeah, sure it was bombed, can't be that it just sucks.

>epic contr/a/rian shitpost
Yea Forums never disappoints

>contr/a/rian
pot meet kettle

Just once I'd like to see someone make a good-faith argument that Kemono Friends S1 was shit instead of just throwing the claim out there. Usually it just boils down to "the animation was shit" but I'd like to see someone explain precisely how, say, any given scene was ruined by the animation.

It isn't as tight as the first season and it's apparent new guys barely know what the fuck they're doing but it's pretty fun despite that.
People are way too nitpicky with it because of the drama.
Not worth the BD purchase for sure though.

>a timeline where Tatsuki works forever on KF instead of working on his baby
I'm not sure about that one

As flawed as it may be I'm still enjoying it as the failed abortion abomination it is.
Dog is best new girl.

I watched KF because lots of people I knew on social media were praising it to the skies, and I thought it was absolutely charming. Yes, relatively speaking it doesn't have great visual flair, but that doesn't matter.

I was pretty much sure the new series would be rubbish but I saw one episode just to check and yes, it's rubbish.

Here's what, in my opinion, "went wrong":

The first one is clearly a labour of love and the creation of just one person or one very tightly-knit group of people. You can sense a single creative personality behind every little detail - the musical cues, the colour palette, the "informative" inserts, the voices, the dialogue, the little plot arcs, etc - and this personality is very warm and comfy.

The second series has none of this. They're just in it for the money.

Attached: Nothing gets past me.jpg (720x408, 81K)

>>a timeline where Tatsuki works forever on KF instead of working on his baby
>I'm not sure about that one

Who said he was going to work on KF forever. It was pretty clear at the time he wanted to make S2 and continue the story, he might have made a KF3 depending on how things worked out but I'm pretty sure he would have left the franchise at some point to work on his own projects.

In a time line where Tatsuki willingly left KF to work on his own stuff, the drama would have not existed and I think people would at least be willing to give a KF series made by new people a chance. Of course if it turned out like the current KF2 it would still be probably hated.

What is he saying that is contrarian?

Congratulations, you share the same opinion of everyone else who watched the show to its completion 2 years ago.

Why did Kyururu ask a bird if she saw other humans but not the actual human she met earlier?
Why did she get so depressed when she was told there was no other humans despite the fact she already met one?
If humanity really was dead, why wasn't Kaban excited upon meeting another human?

They obviously had no clue on the effect bringing back Kaban should have on the story.

Attached: 1537363514481.jpg (795x641, 192K)

I still remember that one week between S1 episodes 11 and 12 like it was yesterday. I couldn't concentrate at work and spent all my free time scrolling through Twitter with the kemono friends hashtag in Japanese, and it scrolled endlessly. There were nonstop maxed-out threads every half a day here on Yea Forums discussing how Kaban-chan could have avoided certain death, or if she dies for real. Pixiv was pumping out a dozen fanart every hour.
It was a pretty crazy time and I'm sad that I won't experience this ever again.

It was shit to begin with, retard.

And for a while after the show ended, zoos across Japan were enjoying a small revival in guest counts and some anons here said they donated to Big Cat Rescue. It was a magical time.
Then 9/25 happened, some Japanese people on niconico shaved their heads and begged Kadokawa, and after it died down a bit Tatsuki and KF began to win a whole bunch of awards and accolades from anime industry events.

I have a suspicion that this episode, and probably the next two with it, were written first. Then they worked backwards to fill in the rest, and somewhere along the line decided to add Kaban as a token nod to the first season.

>I was pretty much sure the new series would be rubbish
>The first one is clearly a labour of love
>The second series is just in it for the money
You are extremely biased.

First season was charming and comfy, that's true. But it was just that: a safe bet for an unplanned, low budget series built on top of a forgotten franchise.

The two seasons are different but not THAT different to the point where one is apparently a masterpiece of japanese animation and the other is the worst anime ever, made by the worst people ever and produced by the worst company ever.

Kyururu was looking for her home. She was asking it in a more general way ("where all the humans at?").
So yeah it's pretty depressing if a traveling bird didn't see any human activity.

>If humanity really was dead, why wasn't Kaban excited upon meeting another human?
Because meeting a human inside the park (potentially a Friend) is nothing special.

>They obviously had no clue on the effect bringing back Kaban should have on the story.
Biggest issue was sending Kaban off the island in the first season.
In S2 Kaban isn't a factor (yet).

I'm still mad, but at least my dick was very pleased with the last episode.

Attached: 1553138480169.jpg (1020x1447, 316K)

noticed how canidae > felidae even in anime?

Attached: 71164418_p0.jpg (1280x960, 346K)

Attached: 1553259691453.jpg (1000x1399, 253K)

Also Kaban's eyes are still shiny though the answer for that could be that Kyururu is simply the last human left and thus humanity isn't truly extinct until she dies.

>empty_eyes = extinct
Was this explained somewhere for real? I thought it was just a meme.

It's a design choice

Attached: 1552912221321.jpg (499x591, 71K)

But only the flight attendant pigeon has this so far, right?

Nope, other notable examples would be Aurochs and Toki (Not currently extinct but considered extinct a while ago)

pictures

Attached: example.jpg (1264x718, 70K)

translate

SHIKO SHIKU JAPARI PARK

Don't worry if the ocean doesn't fix this season Kaban will.

Attached: If the sea doesn't kill her, I will.png (1276x717, 554K)

It was already disliked and getting bombed by the scandal, but then dog episode happened and that sunk it for good.

>facebook screencaps
What a time to be alive

Attached: 73712910_p0.jpg (1024x768, 207K)

Good. Fuck kusokawa.

Attached: 3000bff1f0e762c97b6d0d06d7fc499b.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Don't you have Friends to maim and franchise to kill Mine?

You may touch 1 (one) friend. Choose carefully.

Attached: 1494102258697.jpg (1920x1080, 881K)

No Friends got maimed and the only thing that got killed is Tatsuki's position inside KFP.

Attached: grinbitch.jpg (256x269, 25K)

Fennec

Attached: 71123012_p0.png (1500x1500, 789K)

Episode nine happened, and it pissed everyone off.

Attached: Suffering face.jpg (2576x1454, 569K)

Can you give a summary of what happened?

It turned out the dog wanted Kyururu to become ger master and stay with her.
Kyururu didn't really want that and so they left.
But then the tiger beast attacked them and the dog tried to defend Kyururu and got beaten up.
Serval makes the beast flee and the dog acknowledges that trying to steal Kyururu from Serval & co was a bad move.
Then they part ways and the dog returns alone to her house thing.

Kyururu was being a retard, Dog got badly hurt saving her and neither Kyururu nor her bitches expressed an ounce of gratitude or worry towards her.

t. dog

piss off
nobody likes selfish entitled kidnappers.

>risks her life saving MC
>gets told to fuck off shortly after

Attached: 1552397550510.png (1366x768, 749K)

Domesticated dog friend is desperate for human master and lives by herself in an empty house, she abducts kyururu to finally have a human master and then leaves to house to follow her, she gets beaten up protecting her from crazy tiger friend, kyururu just tells her to go home which she does.

People were pissed at how dog got pretty visibly injured and Kyururu just fucks off and leaves her alone. Caused a flood of artwork of Kaban and serval finding and taking care of the dog.

>Kyruru gets kidnapped by Armadillo-chan and Pangolin-chan. Which were hired by a client to find her
>Client of aforementioned friends was Domestic Dog Chan
>Dog chan reveals she just wanted to have a human friend
>Dog Chan and Kyruru hit it off and become quick friends playing Frisbee and shit
>Caracal and Serval find Kyruru and Dog-chan, but Caracal is pissed/jealous at seeing Kyruru having fun with Dog-chan
>Caracal decides to be a cunt and leave while also forcing Serval to leave with her
>"Beast" aka Siberian Tiger, is heard roaring in the distance, and Kyruru leaves the safety of Dog-Chan's home to warn Serval and Caracal. Dog-chan follows in pursuit
>Siberian Tiger cuts off Kyruru and is about to maul her
>Dog puts herself inbetween Kyruru to defend her as she says "A Dog's duty is to protect its master/human friend" pic related
>Dog gets badly mauled/beaten
>Caracal and Serval come in, and Caracal calls Dog-chan useless, while Serval scares off S.Tiger with wild release
>Kyruru forgets about Dog-Chan and tells her to fuck off
>Episode end

It royally pissed off the western-fanbase, and all of the remaining Japanese fanbase.

Attached: JEmlGnJ.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

>kidnaps MC
>gets told to fuck off
Sounds about right.
Especially since it's Serval who saved everyone and not the Dog.

Attached: 1553178050626.jpg (620x526, 97K)

The one who kidnapped Kyururu were the two detective dorks, also Doggy honestly thought that bringing her to her house was accomplishing Kyururu's journey since that's where humans lived

Kidnappers shouldn't be this cute.

Attached: 1551846198193.png (1366x768, 920K)

>cheap 3dcg series
>70 bucks a volume

Attached: 1494307412611.png (706x726, 480K)

She does, that's why she looks dead inside

Attached: 1552746204967.jpg (870x849, 78K)

>Doggy honestly thought
Well, doggy was wrong but luckily recognized her mistakes.

Anyway, it's a dog's duty to get beat up protecting humans, Dog even said so herself.

Attached: dogbye.webm (1024x576, 1.58M)

t. carcal

Caracal at least doesn't have a single digit iq (unlike Serval) and isn't afraid of saying things as they are.

Attached: 73799302_p88.png (344x400, 66K)

t. Karukaru-san

Honestly for all the shit she pulled that episode Carcal should of slapped her.
I would of been mad as well if a friend got kidnapped, I got stressed trying to find them, and when i found them they were just fucking off.

Attached: 1552515483604.jpg (959x1352, 309K)

Can't read moonrunes, translate it.

Alpaca.

Attached: 1539935875090.png (480x1140, 202K)

>Yea Forums never disappoints
They don't even try is cute.

Do you feel healed?

Attached: 1552350098222.jpg (797x1199, 202K)

i will never forgive kadokawa for kf2 episode 8 and 9

I'm probably late on this, but wasn't it said before KF2 aired that they couldn't include Kaban because Tatsuki had the rights for her character? Was that just false information or what happened?

Probably some dumb conclusion some people came up for some reason
Tatsuki created the character but she's obviously Kemono Friends property

>here's how bernie can still win in anime format

what does it say

Friends...

Attached: 1501615988814.jpg (777x1500, 429K)

Some people probably assume that because Anno has right to NEG and sue Gainax for money they made all over the years

>Fennec, Racoon, and PPP show up in the OP
>Barely show up in the show

Attached: 1523157754135.gif (480x270, 308K)

Because PPP showed up a lot in S1?

Attached: ed.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

weird, wasn't season 1 like super popular here?

>24/7 memethreads good
>occasional threads bad
this is you high on T*tsuki's pheromones.

Attached: DMlsuOXV4AEhuv8.jpg orig.jpg (1000x1000, 114K)

did you missed the whole controversy?

Regardless of whether or not it's warranted, the Tatsuki drama over KF1 has led to a real decline in interest for the second season. It happens.

PPP showed up in every 'to be contiuned skit' barring the 11th one where it was just princesses voice over with a Lucky Beast doing a distress signal.

>24/7 funposting
>Bad

Go back to twitter K*mura.

Attached: __emperor_penguin_gentoo_penguin_humboldt_penguin_rockhopper_penguin_and_royal_penguin_kemono_friend (1200x600, 454K)

>PPP showed up in every 'to be contiuned skit'
5 seconds of cardboard cutouts don't count.

Well, since kemono friends ended, she never appeared in any game or event, they even began to remove their image of japari cafe, anyone would think that they did it because they no longer had the rights of the character.

Attached: tenor.gif (568x320, 2.66M)

I'm pretty sure he bought those rights at some point, they weren't his from the start.