How do you feel about Abrided Series?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/storygarden/a-farewell-to-eloy-3543d6ffc445
youtu.be/x8iNkJrD4J8
youtube.com/watch?v=ie6Zx400eFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea Forums hates dubs. You get the idea

Attached: 1551901075159.png (585x633, 338K)

A fun thing to watch for 12 to 15 year olds

Really funny and entertaining little webseries if you're under the age of 12.

It's trash for faggots and retards that hate DB. But I only watch with Blind Wave, do to two guys in the group tht have never watch Dragonball before and THIS is their first time.

The saiyan saga was funny but everything afterwards had much longer and drawn out pacing. It stopped working for me almost instantly after they started their second "season".

most abridged series turn to shit at some point
silly 5min parody > alternate dub
i think the only one thats still identical to it was at the start is ygoa

one of those cases where people miss the point of an inocent parody and threat it as a serious masterpiece spawning multiple imitators.

of course im talking about YGOTAS.
DBA is just a mistake that clearly only wanted money from the start.

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Peaked during the Namek saga. The newer episodes are noticeably worse but still decent.

It makes all characters sound like a bunch of typical American white people.
You'll find it funny if you like family guy type shit

Attached: 469.jpg (364x333, 20K)

I feel it doesn't belong here, fuck off

What about the ones where they're just outright better than the source material; i.e. SAO Abridged?

Speaking as someone who voice acted in some poor quality ones. They're a plague on humanity and I' surprised they were as popular as they were back in the day.

No amount of re-editing could make SAO watchable. So no.

Funny enough by themselves, but the culture around them is absolutely unbearable.

The only thing worse than talking to someone who claims, "the abridged series is better!" Is talking to someone who says, "I've only seen the abridged versions anyway!" While still participating in character discussions.

Shit like this is responsible for the western fanbase flanderising some characters so hard.

It's like talking to someone who only knows the characters/series from reading fanfiction.

DBZA is a fandub in all but name.

Was great up until the end of the Freeza saga. Once they started making an alternative dub, it lost me.

there's only like 3 good ones

ded genre

DBZA was fine but FF7A was total unfunny cringe
WTS did it better anyway.New DOTNS episode never.

I liked them 10 years ago, but TFS is fucking garbage.

Honestly, I like their D&D streams. I miss Ben, though.

Why did he leave again?

To old for this shit.

Far as I remember, he wanted to go off and do other things, and he might still have a standing offer from his mentor. Also, apparently Eloy was his vehicle for coming to terms with his loss of his brother and his loss of faith because of it?
medium.com/storygarden/a-farewell-to-eloy-3543d6ffc445
There are some things that he brought up in his streams, but I can't be arsed to go look for them. Basically, they split with amicable differences. He's obviously going to voice for them occasionally, but he's no longer TFS CEO and has moved, I think.

>Yea Forums hates abridged
>Yea Forums loves Ghost Stories' dub
Really makes you think.

>Doesn't know what abridged means
It makes me think you're a retarded.

Streams are killing their gaming channel and they don't notice it because they have 3 guys giving them hundreds of dollars to say their name. The numbers they're pulling are embarrassing.

>a standing offer from his mentor.
And who the fuck is he?

Isn't Little Kuriboh dead? He got like some ass cancer or something.

I like this one, even if it makes me a faggot.

youtu.be/x8iNkJrD4J8

Attached: 1525632403731.png (1280x800, 441K)

Still changes less plot than any 4kids dub

There was also Gantz/Berserk/Escaflowne abridged, all by the same guy.
Helps when the show in question has only a very limited amount of episodes.

No clue. He never mentions his name. But, he is impressed with the work ben's done abridging and shit, and in fact encouraged him to take it further.
Nope. Still alive, somehow.

There were the dark ages when it was nothing but regurgitating memes from adult swim shows, then they started to get their own personality, but now it feels like a lot of abridged series are up their own ass trying to "fix" the property they're abridging. And it just comes off as shallow, watching a bunch of college aged chuckle fucks with much more time between episodes and the advantage of hindsight try to work in their own little fan-fictiony way of making a series better.
Having said that I still watch them so what does that say about me?

>BATTLE CITY BOOSTER PACKS | Day 11 |
He's worse than dead. He's been making 10 minute long pack opening videos for the last three months.

This.

Batman Beyond Ill is better.

I liked the one for Free!
I don't think I'll touch the actual show.

Attached: 1523013881682.jpg (1000x1108, 296K)

Very few are good

The best ones always end early.
The Madoka one made by pony not ready and the DN by Team Dattebayo.

Broke his ass and then had a depression attack that he broke his ass and couldn't finish his advent month.

I think Lani has realized this, to a degree. He apparently started a Self Help series and it's the only other thing he posts on his channel, other than his own D&D stuff.

I miss when they were actually abridged

I just like Conan as a series, which makes it so enjoyable. But I'll try that one if you think it's good.

Attached: 1545071201610.jpg (290x360, 24K)

not anime

Also putting in literally whos who are charisma vacuums. I put on one of their videos after not watching for a long time, and it was a stream edit with facecams, "hilarious" zoom cuts and some guys they hired because they're a company now.

People who only read fanfiction written by people who also only ever read other fanfiction of the series are pure recursive cancer

I personally hate it

Cuck Basedboy Schemmel hates it so I feel like I should like it
But fuck dubs imo

WHEN'S THE BUU SAGA?

Hopefully never. The last good thing Toei has done.

You're confusing him with total biscuit.
LK hasn't done anything in 3 months, and all he was doing before that was opening booster packs that only have 5 cards

They said they weren't going to do it. Then they said they were. Then they didn't do anything in 6 months.

It's not so bad if you're in the mood for a laugh, the rewrites are quite extensive and there's more of a comedy focus.

They also said they're not going to abridge GT or Super. I guess we'll see in 10 years.

They've already done some of Super
youtube.com/watch?v=ie6Zx400eFA

Filth that co-opts something beloved and bastardizes it for patreon bucks.

Why did they play the end of the Cell Saga so straight? It's like they forgot they were a gag dub or ran out of jokes or something.

That just makes Digimon's English dub then.

Like all abridged series it stops being funny quick. Should have stopped after Frieza because they are just retelling the story now while carrying their dumb running gags

Yugioh abridged is still good but all the other ones are only funny if you are an autistic 12 year old.

Still alive unfortunately

>My brother didn’t die at the age of 27 because God wanted to teach me some lesson or prepare me to lead a bunch of Internet funnymen

Attached: 1551350890384.png (480x480, 423K)

I like MENT.

it was fun for a little while but now its overstayed its welcome and the providers of such have grown stuck up and dickish

Peaked about a good 8 years ago, anyone still watching this shit is retarded.

Going corporate will always ruin a channel.

People shit on tfs but I still enjoyed it.

Funny joke, user. No one in this thread likes DBZA, not even ironically.