This anime is hot garbage. I have very low standards and it still the most boring shit ever

This anime is hot garbage. I have very low standards and it still the most boring shit ever.
How is it a comedy? A boy and a girl constantly fighting via thoughts over who is gonna confess first.

Attached: 5y54y45.jpg (1200x675, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pP6jf9aovjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It all went downhill since the volleyball episode, which was funny. The last two episodes were utter dogshit. I think that was it.

I liked this episode, kind of, but most episodes are utter trash.
This is just a perfect example for you brainlets who scream for an Anime adaptation without thinking two seconds about it, some shit does not work as anime

Attached: Kaguya.png (618x546, 242K)

It's okay at best, I bought into the Yea Forums hype and it's not all that.
I fucking love Chika though, God damn she's the best thing about the show.

Attached: 1535756333559.gif (241x328, 3.89M)

I don't like this thread

Attached: CLENCH.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

I barely got through the first episode.
Shit was just not funny to watch.
I dont know if it gets better but even if it did I dont think it would be worth it considering the premise.

I think the show had a strong start but it abandoned all of its nuance and tension very quickly. The girl fell head over heels for the guy too fast and she ended up more of an altered tsundere archetype than an actual "player" in their game.

>The girl fell head over heels for the guy too fast
at no point in the anime is either of them not completely in love with each other

I've liked every episode so far up until the most recent episode which was pretty shit

>I've liked every episode so far up until the most recent episode which was pretty shit
good for you that means you have even lower standards than OP

>this thread

Attached: ayylmaos.gif (540x304, 2.56M)

>it still the most boring shit ever
No shit ... was it some kind of next level trolling or why was it hyped like that.

I like how you chose not to post in the current thread and made a new one for extra bait and attention.

thanks but where is my (you)

The content itself is fine, but when 90% of the show is inner monologues it feels like the those nips seriously misunderstand the medium.

The narration is just unbearable. I works in manga because you can skim through it.

I couldn't get past the first episode due to the narrator killing half of the jokes

Some people just don't have high enough IQ for this series I guess, hope you guys can at least enjoy something more on your level, like 5Toubun

Attached: High_IQ.png (818x659, 328K)

This thread is shit

Attached: 1550588836396.jpg (716x371, 153K)

op, i truly applaud you for creating this thread to contain all those no taste shitters, including yourself. bravo

>muh 5toubun
being better than literal haremshit isn't a high bar to clear

if that ugly bland bitch chika is what people like the most about this show that just tells you everything you have to know.

They skipped Chika's Singing Training Arc with Pres

u WOT, THAT WAS THE BEST ONE

I you don't like autism in action, don't waste your time on this show.

It's decent, but it's without question the most overrated anime of the season

>They skipped a completely irrelevant chapter
and that is a good thing

I like it, it's my favorite show of the season and Kaguya is best girl.

Attached: 1531273944265.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

Instead we have a ramen chapter

Hah, people with actual high IQs read Kanojo, Okarishimasu instead.

Sasuga op, creating this containment thread for the shitposters so the other thread can be comfy

Attached: Smug nekokaguya.jpg (535x557, 62K)

>ramen chapter
a very good chapter
my sides are ready (I hope)

Low effort trolling of the best anime of the season.

It's a deep psychological study into the Japanese mind where no one ever confesses because there's too much personal shame involved in the act.

Attached: 1275624826975.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Not liking it is fine. I love the series but I accept the humour can not be for everyone. Comedy is a very subjective thing

Now THIS is a shit opinion. Kaguya is best girl and """Chika""" sucks and not just dick.

>trying this hard to be contrarian

plebs: filtered
"chika"fags: disillusioned
kino: achieved
yep, im thinking this is aots

Attached: 1550798161202.png (686x495, 281K)

Don't worry OP there's a thread for people like you up right now

>theres "people" who actually enjoy the "humor" in this show

I'm legit confused. I don't wanna offend anyone but there's humor that I can understand even if I dont laugh at it myself, and then there's laughing at a show that lacks any type of humor.
You might as well laugh at a blank screen cuz its pretty much the same as watching this show.

DUDE PENIS

dude its just bad cmon

Attached: tobefair.png (915x493, 334K)

>contrarian
Are you telling me this shit show is popular?
I don't believe you.

It's on track to only sell 3k with only mediocre boosts to the source material. Even the Japanese don't like it.

The Chinese love it though, most streamed show of the season by far

>185934143
>it's flopping, i swear!
Every time. You think BD sales are literally the only thing that matters. Only thing that's left was a poorly timed manga sales snapshot for maximum m8.

Attached: 1552798623282.png (519x650, 23K)

Now this is a retarded take.
It's the exact opposite, whatever you think about the material, it has translated better to anime than at least 90% of manga adaptations I've watched in the past.
Any missteps made by the anime were in material skipped, what they covered they've done excellently.

I dropped it after episode 4. It's just boring and nothing ever happens. The format could have been good if they confessed at the end of episode 1, but I felt like this anime made it clear that it will reuse the same "joke" over and over again without moving forward. Let me guess, they STILL haven't confessed.

>I have very low standards
This is the issue. You're used to just turning your brain off and enjoying flashy/sexy bullshit that makes no sense.

>criticizing something based on assumptions
Who the fuck does that? And what joke is it reusing?

>Muh episode 1 confession
>The absolute state of progressionfags

Attached: hmph.png (334x455, 85K)

>someone said bad thing about my show
>they must be a shitposter

They kissed in the manga

The fact that OP had to make his own thread for this makes his intentions pretty obvious, doesn't it? If he wanted to get feedback and proper discussion on why he didn't enjoy it, he could just post in an existing Kaguya thread.

>it has translated better to anime than at least 90% of manga adaptations
If that would be true I wouldn't watch anime.

Attached: sl.png (213x300, 93K)

Even the average 4koma manga adaptation is better. I find myself dozing off watching Kaguya. It's unbearably boring.

Oh no how dare he not use Yea Forums like Reddit.

Do you honestly think making seperate threads because you need one dedicated to shitting on a thing is good practice? Kill yourself, you can't be anything but a newshitter from Yea Forums.

How sensitive do you have to be to get triggered by someone making a thread shitting on your manga?

Humor is more of something that you think, more than something that has. The show itself tries to make you laugh. "Tries", that's why people dislike and don't like.

Attached: unknown.png (199x200, 36K)

OP here, stop being retarded.
I wanted to make a thread, the fuck you gonna do about it?
And no I didn't look for threads about this anime because I wanted to make one myself just to see Yea Forums opinion on it.
Seeing how only you and maybe other user are freaking out about someone talking shit about this anime I now understand the situation.

>I wanted to make a thread, the fuck you gonna do about it?
Nothing, but it's shitposting, that's why I replied to the guy. You should at least stop writing like a fucking retard.

I criticize it for being shit for 4 episodes and dropped it based on the assumption that it won't go anywhere, which I confirmed with manga readers.

>a comedy can't use jokes
I see
>it clear that it will reuse the same "joke" over and over
so, you have read that review on MAL huh

It's shit.

>people taking this post seriously

>i need to have my enjoyment foretold
I wonder why all progressfags sound like absolute mouthbreathers. It's an episodic comedy. If you're not enjoying the comedy, then that would be the reason for you to drop it, nothing else. Do you fucking expect progress when watching Nichibros, however the hell it would look like?

It's more about shitting up the board than shitting on a manga, user. It's attention-seeking and means that no one will take any of the criticism seriously

I agree with the adaptation being better than average, but it's still fallen prey to the unavoidable pitfalls of adaptation, that of comedy in particular. Comedies are very timing-dependent, and skewing timing by just a bit can make a joke lose nearly all effectiveness. While I've been enjoying the adaptation, it's been consistently mundane to good at best for me whereas I remember being hyper-invested and constantly laughing during my initial read. Aka's paneling is just too good to replace with constant motion and the limit of seiyuu having to physically deliver lines rather than them just existing.

Also I have some nitpicks about the shit they've reordered from a narrative standpoint and Ishigami's seiyuu, but they're moderately subjective and won't matter on a one-cour scale.

>nobody
>cares

>opinions I don't agree with equal shitting up the board
Yeah how could he seek input from the board as a whole rather than the circlejerk of mouthbreathers still following this series.

He could go on any of the "rate this season" threads that frequently pop up and discuss it there. Making an entire topic for this kind of shit is stupid and will be taken as the garbage bait it is.
Also
>implying the entire board isn't a circlejerk of moutbreathers
Lurk two years.

FUCKING SECONDARIES ARGH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>He could go on any of the "rate this season" threads that frequently pop up
So you want him to post in generals. Who's the real newfag?

That's why i don't. Anime is made for normalfags and created by a team of "creative" people. Whereas manga is made by one talented dude with a good idea (or not) and that's what you get.

Looking at this thread it seems this anime has the most retarded fanbase I've seen in a while.
Hopefully it dies out when the anime ends.

yeah, its not like this series has been loved on here for years or anything
newfag

not only a newfag but also a secondary too

Looking at this thread it seems people who don't get this anime are the most retarded people I've seen in a while.
Hopefully it dies out when the anime ends.

good manga
awful anime
Prove me wrong

Attached: hmm.jpg (1867x1080, 618K)

You're absolutely right but when you point this out in the main threads you get called a doomposter. The adaptation was doomed from the start the moment they moment they decided to reorder and skip chapters. A big part of the appeal of the manga is the level of detail in continuity and self referential humor which you lose when you reorder for no reason. No manga reader can tell me that the first 3 chapters wouldn't have made a stronger first episode than what they ended up using.

Attached: QUALITY.jpg (2048x2730, 2.25M)

this is what happens when you're entire budget on a stupid fucking Chika dance for literally one episode. Fucking rats

It's a good dance

VN>Manga

And also a minor(?) point is that they had to make silver Fuji into pink Chika for "reasons"

it is a good dance, however

All romance anime is trash of the highest order

Not everything has to be an (isekai) shounen, user

I completely agree with you, the one and only good thing in it is Chika, and apparently that was so obvious that now these retards are saying she sucks, just to be unique snowflakes. Fucking hell, why is it that every time I come to check out this board I immediately get cancer? Time to leave for another week

t. incel

Good, you sound like a thin-skinned faggot anyway.

No, I'm very confident in my taste in all art, including anime, it's just sad to see anons desperately pandering to seasonal anime that is, undeniably, mostly bad. I just wish I had lurked Yea Forums during 2012-2015

That's a whole lot of talk for a faggot who's upset that people don't like what he likes

Attached: cocoa.png (127x141, 41K)

>too fast
She was already in love by the time the anime started user, you are only getting the perspective after it happened.

stop trying to find hidden meaning user
its a cute comedy about two autistic people falling in love
if you cant relate to being autistic and failing in love you should go to that other website that starts with a R and ends with it

Yep, I'm upset that many anons here have a bad taste, and that anons are pandering to seasonal anime even though they know it's actually not good. People can like what they want, but I wanna talk about good anime with people who like good anime and who aren't so cancerous in general. What's wrong with that?

Or maybe I just need a gf or a bf lol for that

>you should go to that other website that starts with a R and ends with it
but that other website loves it

>pandering to seasonal anime even though they know it's actually not good
for one, this anime has a hell of a lot more longevity to it than that shitty mahou shoujo or the slime shit and if you can't see that you probably don't even have a good idea of what's objectively good or not in the first place, secondly it's funny and you're a fag
now get out

Attached: kanon.jpg (397x560, 65K)

of course they do.

Attached: Everytime.png (652x1483, 141K)

This thread is shit
I cannot think of a single person who would dislike Kaguya
All of you just have shit taste

Pretty much.
Despite the QUALITY, despite being a worse manga, the 5toubun anime is a far more enjoyable anime.

It's a shame that a lot of people's first and last impression will be from the anime.

They probably have a hard time making prez rap badly. I can't even imagine what kind of noises prez would make to open gate to hell.

Fuck this overrated piece of trash. At first I admit it was entertaining and the Chika dance added that humor to the show but that's, just like Shield Hero, it got stale. Now, I find myself only staring at the screen hoping for the episode to end. It's like fast food, you get sick of it after a while. Fuck Chika too, the last episode made me dislike her.

The manga is turning to shit too since Aka keeps delaying the fucking confession.
If Iceguya delays it again next chapter then it's a drop.

Faggot.

Attached: shitposting.webm (960x540, 1.94M)

>I cannot think of a single person who would dislike Kaguya
>HOW CAN YOU DISLIKE MY SHOW

>worse manga
>better anime
you must be bad at words connecting game user

>for one, this anime has a hell of a lot more longevity to it than that shitty mahou shoujo or the slime shit and if you can't see that you probably don't even have a good idea of what's objectively good or not in the first place, secondly it's funny and you're a fag
>
>seriously comparing different levels of shit
duuuude...you just proved my point

>secondly it's funny and you're a fag
No, no it's not. You know what's funny? Asobi Asobase is funny. But not this, dear user. Japs sucks at comedy in general and we both know it

>now get out
I get out when I want to, desu

You're an idiot and you should feel bad about yourself.

Kaguya is shit and Chika is a whore

The Iceguya thing was so stupid that I dropped the manga there. I had long since tired of the manga and that was the breaking point.

It's literally /r/iamverysmart made into a romcom.

5toubun is a worse manga than Kaguya, but the 5toubun anime is a lot more enjoyable than the Kaguya anime.

I trust Aka, but I understand what you're saying.

>/r/
You need to go back

>POPULAR THING BAD
Yeah, okay, go take a nap, autist.

>the 5toubun anime is a lot more enjoyable than the Kaguya anime
Imagine being so braindamaged that you actually think this

>5toubun anime is a lot more enjoyable than the Kaguya anime
How can you compare Kaguya to a bottom of the barrel hentai-tier budget adaptation? The animation is god awful and there are so many drawing mistakes.

lmao

Good for you, I guess? I don't see what the big deal was with Iceguya. You people have been doomposting ever since the festival started just because you seem to want a quick resolution.

>Muh Iceguya.
This manga is a fucking joke, did you really think people would want more stupid gags after the confession? Trash.

No, they want to have their "hurr durr no romantic development, Nisekoi was good compared to this" claims validated and each time they get BTFO by Aka they get angrier.
After the massive progress in the past chapters I don't see what's the issue with Iceguya, specially when she is clearly being used to clear out some issues regarding the kiss and lead to a proper confession.
Or maybe I just want to believe they are shitposters because I reject the idea that someone could be such an impatient fuck that he can't put up with something that probably won't last for more than 3 chapters.

This is the enviroment every show is exposed to. My favorite shows get constant shit on a daily basis and I'm not crying about it. Grow up.

Yeah, don't see anything wrong with Aka stretching it out like every other romcoms. He should it end at 500+ chapters.

I've seen 500 anime and I think it's funny. Time to quit anime my man.

>comes to Yea Forums and expect his anime not to get shat on

I felt the same
Seems like her feelings for him are bigger than the other way around
I gotta check the manga tho

What do you expect? Most Kaguyafags are normalfags

It was obvious from the start that there would be no romantic development so don't blame the manga for being too retarded to realize this wasn't what you were looking for

That's just it, they came to Yea Forums. There were threads here about Kaguya in a swimsuit being banned on reddit and that they migrated here.

for

>What should I do tonight... Oh I know. I'll make a thread about a show I don't like. I like doing that.

Attached: 3 IQ.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Literally nothing wrong with that

i don't think i've ever hated a character more than i hate Fujiwara

Attached: 1539378862443.jpg (840x848, 473K)

But there has been romantic development. The fucking main couple kissed like three chapters ago and all the following chapters have dealt with the fallout of that. Even the Iceguya thing is meant to allow Kaguya to do things the "right" way and lead to the confession.
The only people complaining about this shit are shitposters and retard who expected the main couple to get married and fuck like rabbits after that kiss.

Nisekoi is unironically better than Kaguya. Better art and way better comedy. Shirogane is also an awful MC compared to Raku and Kaguya doesn't even compare to Chitoge.

I don't personally hate her but I do hate how she became the idol of every animeonly shitposter.

All this people salty because their anime is not as popular and good as Kaguya

Same sentiments but unironically.

>185945346
Try harder.

>Nisekoi is unironically better
stopped reading there

If he could stretch it out like Kanokari in a natural and funny way it would be fine.

>doesn't even compare to Shitoge
>Shitoge
This is pretty much proof that the only people who like Nisekoi are ones with brain damage

that too, but jesus fuck i haven't felt this much cucked from romantic payoff for a long ass time

fuck this fucking character to hell, praise be unto Ishigami.

I'm angry because the adaptation is fucking shit

I'm liking the anime, thinking of picking up the manga. Is there progress or is it endless blueballing?

Weren't the latest KO threads filled with people sick of the MC?

>trase several possible couples for the end
>decide to go with the most obvious one, the one every thought "it can't be that, it'd be too obvious right?"

yeah fuck Nisekoi

I'm pretty sure that's every KO thread

>unironically likes Nisekoi

Since all Kaguyafans are fanatics according to them, it's only fair to say that all Kaguya haters are this braindead and enjoyed Nisekoi

For me it's the opposite.
I like her because she is the element of chaos that fucks up every plan and forces the main couple to move out of their comfort zone.
Without Fujiwara, they would go nowhere due to their autistic plans that tend to go against what they actually want.

Fujiwara is the literal embodiment of blueballs, can't fathom how changing the media of choice would change the fact that she's a complete waste of pixels/ink.

People have hated KO's MCs from the very beginning and that guy is clearly shitposting because he knows that.

There's none according to the posters here. Expecting development from a romcom is retarded, it seems.

honestly everyones just watching it for fujiwara r/animemes has been taken over by her memes lately

No one's actually sick of him, even though people bitch all day they keep coming back to read it. For some reason people criticize KO for being a cringe comedy but it's fine for Kaguya to be an unfunny gag manga.

We did have this guy who religiously claimed Nisekoi was better in early Kaguya threads.
Always thought he was shitposting but he was so persistent I was forced to accept that yes, his taste was that shit.

There is progress but don't expect it to happen quickly.
Most chapters are just comedy but the ones that actually focus on developing the characters and their relationship are pretty good.

>Nisekoi is unironically better than Kaguya.
OH HEY, YOU GUYZZZZ!!!

Attached: otter.jpg (769x576, 74K)

>actually comparing KO to Kaguya
That's how I know your opinion should be discarded

>Without Fujiwara, they would go nowhere due to their autistic plans

i agree that because they're both tsunderes nothing major would occur
HOW-FUCKING-EVER
the entire argument about Shirogane fiddling with Kaguya in her sleep came from when Kaguya, out of her own will, stayed in the rain waiting for Shirogane which led to said events.

point is: the entire situation unfolded into something this impactful even without Fujiwara butting her head in, this proves she is completly useless even as a plot advancer and the sole reason for her existence is to blueballs the viewer,
i'll say it again: fuck this piece of shit.

am i the only one who hasn't watched nisekoi lmfao

>No one's actually sick of him, even though people bitch all day they keep coming back to read it.
oh boy... time to torture myself and read it, then?

Attached: sadotter.jpg (446x335, 34K)

I completely agree. Kaguya doesn't deserve to be compared to a masterpiece like KO.

If you want to rage, then do it,
By this point I have accepted I'm the otter, I just read this crap to shit on MC in every thread and tell the faggots who actually like him or claim "i-if you don't like it t-then d-don't read it" to go fuck themselves.

True, KOchad

Yes. Now fuck off newfag.

It's insanely addicting. The first chapter is a masterpiece of a hook.

no

Attached: 16864267_137838720068220_9129935614966234103_n.jpg (680x350, 35K)

He's lying. Many people dropped the manga early on. Those who keep reading it do so out of pure contrarianism.

Kaguya is Good show.
light years better than Yea Forums's meme shows like VEG & Franxx.

If you're going to defend Kaguya don't compare it to Franxx.

There are people who still defend Franxx after that shitty second cour?

>comparing Kaguya to Franxx of all things

jesus user, at least try to stay in the same genre for easier comparison. you sound like a retard.

>don't compare it to Franxx.
>CHADguya>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>darling in the cucks
okay.

I haven't even seen Nisekoi and even I get that this is based and right

No

Its shit, and the threads are so bad I just stopped taking them seriously becuase I feel like they are just the OP baiting anons (and them falling for it every time).

everything can be better if you compare it to Darling in the Franxx

Except VEG

And this is exactly why it's one of the most rage-inducing manga of all time

So did GJM drop this shit, or what?

To be fair, the first time you see the MC whining and clinging to the girl to pretend she's his girlfriend in front of his grandma is a pretty major turnoff. Good artwork can only get you so far, and KO abuses that goodwill.

>I haven't even seen Nisekoi
>"good"
actually appropriate. because once you've read it.... oh boy.

Attached: seething.png (380x397, 69K)

I think your taste just sucks user.

One of my favorite animes of the seasons and the last episode was hype.

no u

>I haven't seen Nisekoi but I think it's good.
To give you a perspective of how bad it is, here at Yea Forums we really wanted to like the manga. Author did Double Arts which was a favorite in axed manga threads.
The predecessor to the otter meme, the "see you next week" was born before fucking chapter 50. People were tired of Komi's shit way before the manga reached a quarter of its length.

Attached: it's bait.jpg (480x360, 34K)

How has nobody called out this faggot yet on his newfaggotry?

Personally I think the anime is alright
Some parts are funny
Some are not
The humor comes from the fact that these characters do ridiculous over the top schemes and I can see why that may not gel with you

ITT SHIT TASTE

Kaguya has been consistently hilarious, has a great OP and two great ED. It's right up there with Cat Roommate, 5toubun and Mob for AOTS. You can go fuck yourself.

Even when the anime isn't being funny, it's being cute or heartwarming.
The faces alone make it worth watching.

Attached: sick sleepy kaguya.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

It's another brainlet/ending chikafags thread.

>Kaguya
>Cat Roommate
>5shit
>Mob Shitco
My god. How can you live with yourself with such shit taste?

Easily, by watching the majority of airing anime, feeling that in my opinion those are the best and not giving a single fuck about your shit opinion.

>watching the majority of airing anime
My sides

>claims hentai tier haremshit adaptation and shonenshit are AOTS
cringe

What's your AOTS?

>greentext
Meme

Bros,, you have to read the manga if you want to understand it, the manga is 10 tiems better and can deliever the jokes perfectly, ass a mangafags i recommend you to read the manga 10/10

Yes, please enlighten us as to what someone with truly refined taste such as yourself would consider AOTS worthy from this season.

>reading

Attached: 1551746518949.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Shield Hero

WataTen

Endro

It's disappointing, but only because I consider the manga to be A++ entertaining and the anime is just so so.

>wanting hugbox
And I thought Kaguya being Reddit was just a meme.

Egao no Daika

Rather generic isekai that has had some good moments mixed in with some overall uninteresting episodes drop it out of top tier of the season for me.

Probably the best opinion so far. It has been good although sometimes a bit creepy and other times annoying thus dropping it out of the top tier for me also.

This is honestly one of the worst anime I'm watching this season. The first couple episodes were okay. Then it started seeming really bland. The main four girls are not very interesting and the episodes containing only them have been dreadfully boring. The only interesting one is Mao and she simply cannot carry the show all by herself.

I actually didn't pick this one up so I can't really give an opinion on it other than to say it didn't interest me enough to even pick it up and ask what you like about it.

grow a pair

It's slightly worse than Toradora!, so it's not quite my favourite. Still up there with the masterpieces.

You did not just compare Toradora! to Kaguya...well, I do admire your balls

1/5 cuz responsed

>making a thread about an anime is stupid
Holy fucking shit you're dumb. So basically if you don't agree with something that thing is made by a shitposter? I think you need to go back user.

Attached: 1552769120353.png (1280x720, 379K)

>Asobi Asobase is funny. But not this, dear user.
providing slapstick randumb humor as your example of "good" just makes you look like a newfag Yea Forumstard
>Japs sucks at comedy in general and we both know it
shit meme

Attached: heh.jpg (415x408, 45K)

I think the same
ultra unfunny

>I have very low standards
That's all anyone needs to know about you.

>shit meme
Dunno, but it's true

>providing slapstick randumb humor as your example of "good" just makes you look like a newfag Yea Forumstard

I thought that Asobi Asobase would be one of those numerous kawaii-moe-schoolgirl-cancer animes, which, unfortunately, are being produced by the over-saturated market with constant output. I could not have been more wrong.

The whole series is a post-post-ironic shitpost, a big "fuck you" to all of those over-used, by now very distasteful animetropes. Not only that, the show succeeds on being truly funny on top of it. Everything from the eccentric art-style to beautifully over-animated scenes, which almost match those of Nichijou, are carefully considered tactical decisions from the production team and the author. The characters are brilliantly written for their comical value and group dynamics, and they are not your typical Yui Hirasawa -tier brain damaged cases: the characters can actually think for themselves. This surprisingly obvious gambit from the author, as well as thorough work by the director allow the series for its post-ironic and intelligent humor, which, in all its complexity, is based on the most primitive situation comedy that one could imagine.

For example, the very disgenuine American accent used by Olivia in the first episodes is so stupid that it works. Hanako reading Kasumi's homoerotic masterpiece while Kasumi is listening behind the door in shock is simply hilarious, because the viewer can already imagine how the situation will escalate, Hanako laughing at the situation as anyone would in the same situation. The way the trio questions via a guessing game whether Aozora is actually a boy, because Olivia happened to hear Aozora say so to her boyfriend, when the two were fighting at night is just as ridiculous as it sounds, and the great direction and animation will really throw the odds up to the clouds. Why does all of this work so well? Because the characters and the situations are so brilliantly bending the fabric between realism and ridiculous impossibility, that Shakespeare and Molière would clap in their graves. The beauty of the series is that it does not give a fuck about anything, but it is just sensible enough, so that the viewer doesn't want to shoot themselves, as would be the case while watching the newest isekai of the season.

In addition, the series is intelligent on an intertextual level: numerous references to shows such as Detective Conan and Yugioh will get a smile on the face of any attentive viewer. The series rewards the viewer, whether they're a nihilistic edgelord, raised by top-of-the-line imageboards, or a newfag who's watched three animes in their whole life. As a cherry on top of the cake is the contrast between the opening and ending themes of the series, that in a way reflect the series itself. During the opening one could assume that it's going to be some already seen hypermoe-brain-dump-retardation, but the djent-metal in the end of the episode deliberately symbolizes how ironic the series' stance is on everything that is generic and overproduced, and above all, how unexpectedly high-quality show Asobi Asobase is. A solid 4/5, will rewatch soon

Oh, the show is popular so I guess its time to hate it.

Fuck this series, it's such normie garbage. How can anyone ever like it, fucking brainlets.

Am I cool yet?

You're basically most animenormies hating on SnK and BNHA. Not cool at all

Toradora! Is my favourite anime. Kaguya is not quite up there, but still good.

The romcom genre is full of trash, so anything just slightly good is a godsend. Kaguya is just better than slightly good.

Man I'm not gonna go on to shit on your opinion, but like, the difference between these shows is fucking astronomical. Toradora! is top10 for me, Kaguya is like top10 worst. Have you only watched romance and moe or what?

Hate the fanbase, Love the manga/anime

Based user.

>r/animemes has been taken over by her memes lately
Okay, then go the heck back

>watching anime solely for meme faces

Mob is AOTS easily

Anyone claiming this show is not funny needs to get their priorities in order.

Show's funny as fuck.

t. reddit

Nope, but I do mainly watch SoL, have only really watched BNHA and Konosuba outside of the genre.

>5toubun is a worse anime than Kaguya
>5toubun is a worse manga than Kaguya
FTFY.

it was memed into popularity by /r/edditors

Bump

>shit meme
Well he's right. But there are a few decent exceptions like Kaguya and Asobi.

I also find Kodomo no Jikan funny, but that's just cuz it's so fucking over-the-top. It's like japs are funny only when they go all out

I was just listening to youtube.com/watch?v=pP6jf9aovjM when I opened that gif
>mfw

Attached: would you look at that.jpg (250x238, 32K)

>How is it a comedy?
It is cynical sweetness. There is heart behind these two characters who are thinking so tactically about how to out play the other into being the subservient one in a relationship, except the keikakus they are shown trying to trap one another in are so hyperbolic for the scope of what is the end goal. The style of the narration of how they out play one another is like what you would find in JoJo where the stakes are life or death, yet again, here it is just one of two people who are clearly interested in one another, being the one who not even admits it as much as they make an implicit admission of it in an action they take. I was watching it alongside some episodes of Sakamoto this weekend, and found myself laughing similarly at both of them particularly at how this/these character(s) are able to do so much, yet there will be a moment when it seems they finally caught or unable to get out of a situation, only for them to show they are able to via methods that are even in the case of the most traditional: absurd. It's by no means high concept, and yet, the tiniest familiarity with the situation makes it all the more endearing.

Romcoms are inherently boring. The animators clearly put a lot of work and thought into this, but it's held back by the medium.