Just finished this after watching the original anime and EoE last week. For what it was, I really enjoyed it...

Just finished this after watching the original anime and EoE last week. For what it was, I really enjoyed it. It looks pretty and updated, but also like they skipped a lot of character development. I guess that's why people say to watch this after the anime, not instead of it. I'm looking forward to see where 2.22 takes the series.

Attached: Evangelion111.jpg (1000x1184, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jo3CnbfMcv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2.22
2.22 is the absolute KINO.

Attached: 45662334575670.gif (400x225, 699K)

Good to hear. Is it that different from the original series?

He's fucking with you. The movies get progressively worse, and characterization more and more lacking
Try not to cringe at Mari, the non-character

I've read people saying 2.22 is really good, but 3.33 is dissapointing.

1.11 is okay for the sole reason that it doesn't diverge from the original all that much
2.22 is where it starts to go downhill
3.33 is just why

>It ain't. But this'll go full circle like when people started to love the prequels on Yea Forums.

2.22 destroys Asuka. It sucks

Attached: 1547853340903.jpg (389x550, 49K)

while 1.11 is a mostly faithful adaption of the first half of the series, 2.22 is quite different in many aspects. Some better some worse. I personally think, other than EOE, 2.22 is the best thing out of the entire franchise.
And people used to say that 2.22 is the best from the new movies, thus i am surprised to see all those negative replies here

I'm a Rei fag. Now I don't know what to watch. Evangelion 2.22 or continue JoJo part 2.

>He's fucking with you
I am not, dickhead. 2.22 Is great. Fight me, faggot.

Attached: d3xBPg9.gif (500x278, 1023K)

EoE is fantastic.

The Rebuilds however are garbage. I say this while admitting that yes, 1.11 and 2.22 are good. It's really 3.33 that's the biggest stinker.

It's true.

This confuses me about what to watch next even more. I really enjoyed EOE a lot, it was so dark and depressing. We need more u happy endings in televiaion.

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=Jo3CnbfMcv4

Attached: YX8K1t898780.gif (500x281, 386K)

He's lying. Skip the Rebuilds. 2.22 doesn't destroy Asuka but rewrites her into a goody-two-shoes, and 3.33 makes Asuka into a powergirl with superpowers. Unironically.

The only way it "destroyed" Asuka is by making her a shallow character, but that's what the Asuka fans want making Asuka the most popular.
If you're a Reifag, definitely skip the rebuilds. It's a long-winded "fuck you" to Rei fans.

It has Shinji care a little more for Rei and try to save her in 2.22, but then 3.33 comes along and retcons 2.22 where Rei isn't saved, and everyone gives Shinji shit for having saved Rei. Like the whole world is somehow destroyed after 14 year long timeskip and Shinji is to blame because he wanted tos ave Rei, even though it makes no sense.

Attached: 1505739447350.png (1000x709, 558K)

....and this picture is Rebuild 3.33.

Anno is an Asukafag who got a raging hateboner for Rei after she beat Asuka in EVERY popularity poll and got crowned goddess of EVA while Asuka collected dust in some sad corner.
The Rebuilds are his "revenge".

Attached: 1505741419318.png (1000x709, 538K)

>2.22 doesn't destroy Asuka but rewrites her into a goody-two-shoes, and 3.33 makes Asuka into a powergirl with superpowers. Unironically.
I hate when people claim this. What do you think I am, a DBZ spic fretting over powerlevels? I don't care if she gets an angel kill or less mental damage, the character is much worse, simpler and nowhere near as well-written. That's what I mean by "destroyed"

Attached: 1536616311955.png (701x775, 620K)

If you liked Asuka as a good character, Anno fucked you over.
But maybe it's not about you, it's what people want in general. For all of EVA's popularity, as far as box office goes 3.33 made around 50million USD, but DBZ makes over a 100million USD.

You may hate it, but it's true. Rebuild did rewrite Asuka, made her not a creepy girl that wants validation by offering her body to older men, and all those other things. It did the reverse to Rei by inventing new flaws and negative sides to her, while also removing her character.

I also hate the treatment of Asuka's character but we'll get nowhere in pretending that Anno didn't skew both Rei, Asuka and all of EVA because of his own bias.

Well that does sound fucking weird. I will still watch it sometime, though. I don't know when. Think I'll just continue with JoJo in a few minutes.

Attached: 3490837249872359.png (600x342, 196K)

Problem is, I'm really curious as to what has changed, like it being an alternate universe. I'm just afraid of being dissapointed, I guess.

Attached: 1515112354_1504247170997.gif (500x333, 1.95M)

Would you be interested if Asuka had been treated like Rei?

There are plenty of changes, a lot of them were already set up in 1.11 and 2.22 is where they start turning into something, but of course you'd be disappointed. There isn't an ending and we're all waiting for the announcement it's not coming this year either.

I'll probably watch it later this week. I'm wondering which side I'll be on.

Keep in mind, beyond all else, that Anno is an Asuka and Kawru fanboy.

Keep that in mind and all will be clear.

Okay, I will. I'll report back when I've seen it, probably.

That is a really lewd shot.

Man of culture

Nice shot.

>reifags have to commission satire comics to attack the better waifu

>butthurt asukafag

>butthurt wants-to-fuck-his-momfag

>butthurt wants-to-fuck-his-momfag projecting onto random user-fag

Asuka is not motherly, Rei is.

The reason you don't like Rei is because you're insecure about wanting to fuck your own mom.

People who like tsunderes all have mother complexes.

...and your proof is?

Your insecurity, defensiveness and projection.
It's all right user. Freud would understand.

Freud would understand the blatant Oedipus complex metaphor in Evangelion, something you fail to or wilfully ignore for the sake of your waifu.

The metaphor is there and can be made, but it does not guide either you or me.

Now stop projecting your own incestuous dreams onto Rei. She is simply better than Asuka. Accept it and move on.

>Accept it and move on.
no

That is why you cannot move on.

Good call.