Why are fight scenes like this?

In many anime fight scenes, they do so many things to interrupt the flow of the battle. Whether it be fantasy or close to real life, the sequences are interrupted by the overuse of slow-mo, or still frames, freeze frames, or just inappropriately placed flash backs for back story (can they not choose more appropriate times for back story? Literally any time *Not* during a fight scene). And the worst offender, talking in the middle of a battle. By this I mean you’ll have an intense, serious fight between 2 characters and one will stop to monologue or just say words for a long time, while their opponent just stands there and allows them to do so. Like wth? Hit him while he’s yapping! Why are you just standing there letting him yap?

Then there’s the overuse of pausing the fight to talk in their head usually to explain something. Why? Why do they feel the need to tell instead of show? The audience is not retarded. Why not just *Show* what you’re doing?

I’ll post some example below.

Attached: C55EBAB4-06FA-4EAA-A483-A8BB21465157.png (360x140, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N-wIieqpNIM
youtu.be/oElcW9B1Pgg
youtube.com/watch?v=9LZ9vkDaJ1Y&t=2m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=HUKjKrP8n-o
youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3Lvb_CfzM
youtube.com/watch?v=Xsod3bL6zoA
youtube.com/watch?v=QI0kWd1FSwk
youtube.com/watch?v=LzeQktXCHek
youtube.com/watch?v=xT66YPk0Q5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because you're watching shows for children.

Here’s a fight scene in Avatar Legend of Korra.

youtu.be/N-wIieqpNIM

(it’s out of context for the most part, and there’s no death, so spoilers shouldn’t be an issue). Notice how the battle moves and flow cohesively without interruption until it’s over. There’s no talking or internal monologue explicitly explaining everything. If there is talking, it makes sense as they’re trying to relay information to teammates, but at the same time, the opponent is still attacking in some way and not just standing there letting them speak.

Now here’s a scene from Black Clover (I don’t know the actual context, so possibly mindful of spoilers)

youtu.be/oElcW9B1Pgg

There’s so much of what I mentioned before. Why? And this isn’t exclusive to BC. It’s apparent in *Many* anime.

Why would even a show for children do this though?

Children have lower standards, everything is new and amazing when you are twelve.

So are shows like Jojo, Hunter x Hunter, Tokyo Ghoul, Dragon Ball, Naruto all for kids?

Hell take a show like Teen Titans. Definitely for kids, no? Look at their fight scenes. They have none of the issues I mentioned.

>And the worst offender, talking in the middle of a battle.
Talking is a free action nigga

Because film/animation is visual storytelling and the fights are an extension of the storyline. The flow of battle is interrupted to show the drama and symbolism behind the charcters' fighting.

It's because they're adaptions of manga. A single page like this with lots of talking doesn't interrupt the flow of the battle in a printed medium, but it can fuck over an animation, especially if it's a shittily done adaption.

Forgot the picture like a dumbass.

Attached: 49_08.png (891x1300, 950K)

This. Look at Kakashi vs Obito or Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki. using Naruto/Boruto examples because op used a Naruto image.

>Avatar Legend of Korra
>Korra
Fuck off

Adding onto this post
youtube.com/watch?v=9LZ9vkDaJ1Y&t=2m10s
This segment of this video here goes into detail about how anime adaptions of manga can warp viewer perspective of time. Give it a watch.

one word, hissatsu
>kame hame ha!!
>rasengan!!
>gomu gomu!!
>getsuga!!
why they have to shout techniques like retards?

Of course. But why do the opponents just stand there and let them keep talking? Is it not a fight?

Manga adaptation. Though with Bleach they're literally talking to their sentient swords out loud and giving orders so at least that makes sense.

But adaptations of Western comics don't do those things, so what gives with the Japanese?

Which ones are you referring to specifically?

This.

Dude it's just an example. You don't have to like it. It's the same in original Avatar tla too.

It doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity.

Verbal component to casting.

Capeshit RARELY has any adaptable fights. The good guys just punch the bad guys and that's it. There is LITERALLY almost nothing to adapt, so movies based on those comics have free reign to do whatever they want with the fights.

Your average Naruto fight. Or Bleach, hxh, dragon ball (older eps specifically), tokyo ghoul, even many parts of My Hero and Jojo.

Every single one of those is a manga adaption. Also, I was asking about which western comics adaptions specifically, not which anime.

Anyway, original anime tends to be a lot better about fight pacing. Example: GaoGaiGar:
youtube.com/watch?v=HUKjKrP8n-o
youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3Lvb_CfzM

And there's a fair few manga adaptions that are good about it too. Example: Gintama:
youtube.com/watch?v=Xsod3bL6zoA
youtube.com/watch?v=QI0kWd1FSwk

I don't know. I don't read a lot of comics or manga. Just anime/movies and the like. But because it's an adaptation doesn't explain why the opponents just stand there letting them continue to monologue.

Because in the original manga, those monologues took up a panel at most.

Attached: 3940991-dio+7.png (656x1029, 523K)

>And the worst offender, talking in the middle of a battle. By this I mean you’ll have an intense, serious fight between 2 characters and one will stop to monologue or just say words for a long time, while their opponent just stands there and allows them to do so. Like wth? Hit him while he’s yapping! Why are you just standing there letting him yap?
Yikes, imagine having this little honor while you're fighting someone you respect. Plenty of anime have people interrupt conversations. The only time what you've just stated happens is during fights that have opponents who respect eachother, in which case the reason why they avoid being cheap cunts should be obvious.

Because it's being adapted from a manga or because shit studio. Monologue/dialogue in manga doesn't interrupt the flow of a fight because you just read it. Reading happens extremely quickly compared to speaking/hearing. Fights have to be stopped so you can hear what they are saying without having to change the structure of the fight. Sometimes it's a still image with speedlines used to signify that the character is still moving and sometimes its the characters just standing and talking. Look at they talk while fighting. Adapting that means you have to add more to the fight so that the VA's have time to speak without interrupting or just stop the fight so the characters can speak. Which of those 2 sounds cheaper and easier?

I I would say it adds to th fight, you are so used to everyone saying there special moves. Also I have noticed that mha fights are dull to me. I don't know why but I never got hyped during any fight.

HURR DURR WHY IS FIGHTING IN CHINESE CARTOONS UNREALISTIC DURRRRR

>By this I mean you’ll have an intense, serious fight between 2 characters and one will stop to monologue or just say words for a long time, while their opponent just stands there and allows them to do so. Like wth? Hit him while he’s yapping! Why are you just standing there letting him yap?
Its an interlude.

>Then there’s the overuse of pausing the fight to talk in their head usually to explain something. Why? Why do they feel the need to tell instead of show? The audience is not retarded. Why not just *Show* what you’re doing?
When the show is based on a manga that relies on a magic system based on whatever is necessary at the time, showing doesn't make much sense. It also allows for a greater explanation of any internal conflict, how the character thinks or allows the audience to know what the character is planning.

Attached: Fast-talking_Jimmy.jpg (320x304, 37K)

This. I don't even know whats going on in that Korra video. Some chuds throwing rocks at each other and then they leave. Avatar has shitty fight scenes. It's always just people dancing around throwing elements at each other and nothing ever happening.

Meanwhile Sasuke VS Itachi and Kakashi VS Obito is goat and the pinnacle climax of years of build up and emotional turmoil.

youtube.com/watch?v=LzeQktXCHek

The cut between the past and present throughout the fight shows you how far they've come. The best part of the fight is when the flashback and present fight collide. Obito pushes away his child self, who was being spared by Kakashi, to instead try to kill him, showing how much he's changed since back then.

>The audience is not retarded.
You would be wrong. This is the japanese we're talking about.

shonen tradition

youtube.com/watch?v=xT66YPk0Q5w

You must be new here

>korra
Probably not the best example to back up your case, should've picked something from the original avatar