When did anime as an art form peak?

When did anime as an art form peak?

Attached: 5.gif (500x268, 792K)

2032, during WW3, when the Japanese successfully made anime real and sent anime protagonists to the front, finally breaking the stalemate.

Evangelion episodes 25 and 26.

Attached: PopTeamEpic.jpg (640x360, 44K)

This exact moment.

Attached: 398527925842894375.gif (800x455, 427K)

>Detail=animation
Show me something that moves with conviction.

overrated

It will peak in the future when the manga I make gets an adaption

imagine being the wageslave wasting his life on this waste of resources. And actual job is still done by photography guys doing all the blooms and overlays.

Who are you quoting? OP didn't say anything about animation. Also that image is about style not simply detail.

>his is English is so bad that his post is hardly readable
What are you talking about? Type in a way that people can understand.

End of Evangelion or K-On

rotoscoped

For a good reason.

meant for

underage kun, no hair in real life has stylised patterns of reflected light that look exactly like that

come on, it's kyoani, a studio which has no shame in using photos as backgrounds.
you are too naive if you believe that everything was drawn from artist's imagination.
most likely it is a traced 3d model.

30 years ago.

Attached: 1988.jpg (1888x1016, 247K)

I don't know if this is bait or if you're actually that autistic. Nothing fucking looks like that for them to trace.

>a studio which has no shame in using photos as backgrounds
Please they're not the e begging studio known as trigger.

That’s not true and you know it.

This but unironically.

In the 80's, just like literally everything fucking else.

Probably 2007

anime as an art form has seen peaks.

we often look at the TV trash and think "this is low ball shit"
but sometimes, we also see a great work of art come out of nowhere.

Attached: memecatmega.png (2234x1938, 322K)

Kill la Kill.

Idk when it peaked, but we are on downfall for some time now. Nu-weebs have worst taste in anime ive ever seen and nu-anime made for those people.

mid-2000s was the peak of otaku crap objectively

Attached: 1531881025589.jpg (1072x979, 175K)

>K-On
Absolutely not.

>anime
You are going to realise your oversight and argue against animation being explicit in the OP.

unironically correct

During the OVA boom. Of the late 80s and early 90s.

Really? What of all the people here listing names of shows then? I'm not wrong, and still images can be better than animation sequences. See Devilman Crybaby and berserk 97 for the best examples. OP simply asked when anime as an artform peaked and no it wasn't an animation cut. Why would you even expect that from anime? A medium known for using limited animation and still images to great effect.

It peaked right here

Attached: 1551304053124.jpg (3860x2184, 3.4M)

This is the best episode of anime produced.

Attached: Texhnolyze - 19 [DVD 720x480 x264 AAC].mkv_snapshot_13.21.153.jpg (720x480, 41K)

more Kare Kano after episode 18

God what a snorefest

What are you talking about, this was the most entertaining anime I've seen in forever, it only gets a bit weak in the middle with mafia shenanigans, everything else was really fun to go through.

Attached: texh.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Akira.

Attached: tetsuarm.gif (400x216, 1.19M)

In terms of technical drawing ability it probably peaked in the late 80's or thereabouts for OVAs and movies. For TV anime I'd say it was rising in the very late 90's / early 00's, only for the shift to digital to bring it down somewhat.

I don't think anime has peaked yet. That'd suck if it has, don't you think? I'd totally agree that anime has plateaued for a few years now, but there's gotta still be potential out there.

technically speaking anime isn't an art form

The past two seasons have not been particularly good, although I'm kind of interested in what the upcoming season will achieve. There are only 30 series airing compared to the usual 40+, many of them adaptations of recent popular manga, and very little in the way of idol shows, mobile game adaptations, etc.

>fun
just admit you liked it for other reasons bro, nobody thinks texh is "fun"

Since I watched Texh relatively recently I can't really tell if you're being overly ironic or this is an actual statement, but this anime is my idea of fun, this is what I get off with.

Attached: smooth talk.png (463x463, 41K)

Texh is just Stalker but shittier

Attached: gertrud.png (500x281, 234K)