Hast thou transcended plotfaggotry?

Hast thou transcended plotfaggotry?

Attached: Plotfags.jpg (2000x2000, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4unyZNh84M
youtube.com/watch?v=8b8isnhYMjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tsuki ga kirei
>doukyuusei
FUCKING BASED

Thou has transcended narrative altogether

Attached: experimental.jpg (920x920, 219K)

I'm so fucking glad that this Plotfag meme is being forced to shit on people who don't put any value in visuals. Those retards deserve to be laughed out of Yea Forums.

I might be mistaken but I think I saw middle right in a museum once. Was pretty good.

>3.0
Weakest pick on that list but still relevant. 3.0 > 2.0.

>no violet evergarden

Attached: 1504842330523.jpg (576x507, 191K)

What a bizarre fucking sentiment.

You may as well have posted a gif of squiggly lines with subtitles and claimed it to be AOTY.

Attached: 1407108815513.gif (199x200, 37K)

Style and substance often times cater to slightly different tastes and they don't have to be mutually exclusive, though it's hard to find something that tickles both sides of the spectrum at the same time, thus it makes it seem like one takes from the other and vice versa. To me it always seemed like the only legitimate possition to hold is to prefer substance over style, since style often times is made to equate to shiny visuals, making it like dangling a shiny object in front of a cat to distract it from the actual shallowness of a work. Style is also easy to recognize and understand, while substance takes something to recognize and understand.

I think that it might've held true for longest amount of time, but in the current state of oversaturation the ability to capture someone's attention trumps anything else, thus making something that people can appreciate as soon as possible is the highest quality a work can achieve.

Attached: ASNS.jpg (1933x2224, 1.29M)

was meant for

This is some level 1000 bait right here.

Attached: ride_on_baiting_star.png (453x750, 34K)

VEG is visual cancer and believing the contrary is a clear sign of illiteracy regarding cinematic language.

>GitS
>no substance
I wish bait like this would be a little more subtle.

artfags like to huff their own farts

>idolm@ster

Read the manga, it's better

I thought it was pretty

Substance is such a vague and stupid term. Visual direction can be substantial. Aesthetic can be substantial. Colour design can be substantial. Art style can be substantial. What the fuck do you mean by substance? Do you mean writing? Plot? Just say writing, or whatever the fuck you mean.

>style often times is made to equate to shiny visuals, making it like dangling a shiny object in front of a cat to distract it from the actual shallowness of a work.
Fuck off plotfag. Visuals aren't shallow, this mindset is unbelievably retarded.

Reminder that this short is more artistic and important for animation as a medium than your favorite TV show you praise for the "writing"
youtube.com/watch?v=E4unyZNh84M

at least post something that has good animation and not that dogshit
youtube.com/watch?v=8b8isnhYMjg

Jinroh out and this is fairly accurate

Those top two are brakhage, the top right is Begotten?
Middle right is La Region Centrale?
is the bottom middle Hollis Frampton?

I would really really appreciate the names of these please

I don't like everything on that list I've seen the same amount but I've liked a good amount of it. I just watched Kino no Tabi the last few days and it's one of my favorites from this list. The other top tier one being Haibane Renmei.

Attached: 69128784_p0.png (788x2489, 1.64M)

im@s is one of the greatest examples of a soul expressing itself in anime, only Evangelion is on the same league. If you can't see this, end yourself.

You have no taste

4th one is L'ange
I know I've seen the seventh one but I can't place the name
Eighth one is Ten Skies
Ninth is Peggy & Fred in Hell