Is there really a need for openings in 2019?

Can't this minute or so be put to better use?

Attached: images - 2019-03-15T000716.443.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6nlDwOfZu8
youtu.be/I59V9pjEOLI
youtube.com/watch?v=mmkTBIo8VCI
youtube.com/watch?v=LE_CewGiHsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tap the right arrow 14 times in mpv.
and press ] while you're at it ;)

Name a better use than this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6nlDwOfZu8

Attached: semenwizard.jpg (678x381, 35K)

I like openings. They're one of the things I liked most about anime when I first started watching it. Some series do skip the opening on some episodes to give more time in the episode. Endings too. Never been someone that watched endings too much though. I noticed older series' endings are closer to 1 minute long while more recently they're 1.5 minutes, around the same length as the opening. 2+ minute long openings like in One Piece though are stupid. I thought it was nice at first but I got sick of it pretty quickly.

These days sometimes I only care about adaptations of manga just to see what they do with the openings.

Not really, I stopped watching OPs and EDs years ago.
I watched Flip Flappers and first time I see the OP.

Attached: 1522873518340.jpg (123x218, 15K)

The entire anime was garbage, so anything really

No now fuck off.

Post anime opening kino
youtu.be/I59V9pjEOLI

youtube.com/watch?v=mmkTBIo8VCI

youtube.com/watch?v=LE_CewGiHsI
might as well post the more kino Dirty Pair OP.

They exist for people who watch them on TV to know when to start paying attention. Also, a way for the committees that fund these to push artists that they own. The second reason is why they're not going away any time soon.

I fucking love OPs and EDs precisely because of that second reason. Anime was how I started to care about music at all thanks to all the artists I found through it. It can feel really fucking good to start an anime and go down a rabbit hole listening to all the albums the OP artist did or just to hear ones you already like premiere new songs through anime. It helps that Japanese music is fucking amazing and they have the best pop industry in the world, no contest.

this has to be bait

This is probably bait but I haven't liked any OP's to any series I've watched since 2012-2013.

No, fuck off.

thinly veiled OP/ED thread

Attached: you can hear it.gif (250x250, 52K)

Kokkoku
Mob 1 and 2
Promised Neverland
Subete no F
Sora yori mo tooi basho

yes, they can do a minute recap. Everyone is up to speed and studios save money and resources

Music sponsors pay for that, user.

Fuck you

Attached: image.png (680x680, 355K)

>Can't this minute or so be put to better use?
No. But I can see them dropping endings at some point.

>Japanese live action shows
>opening credits standardized at 30 seconds by the 70s
>anime
>piss away 3 minutes of every single fucking show since astro boy and never change
It's always been blatant padding. For nearly 50 years. Live action shows changed and anime never did. It religiously stuck to this crap long before the boom of 80's op/ed singles happened.

>Can't this minute that's the best part of the show be put to better use?

Attached: 2.jpg (883x897, 62K)

>live action show changed
You're watching the wrong ones

Attached: 1552144989027.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Nah, binge watchers gets the rope.

>opening credits standardized at 30 seconds by the 70s
This really depends of the audience.

Aria just starts the epsiode with the OP song and a title card, merging the episode with the OP