What is the best time loop?

What is the best time loop?

Attached: timeloops.jpg (2461x1200, 1.04M)

Little Busters you barney

Non Non Biyori

Stop posting this

I dropped Haruhi after finishing Endless Eight.

Twilight Zone

Attached: image.jpg (2461x1200, 1.05M)

/thread

But the most fun one would be All You Need Is Kill

the one that resulted in a 80 year-long cuck rage

Unironically The Elder Scrolls

Mighty Max's series finale.

If elder scrolls oblivion had a soft reset doomsday clock so the oblivion gates actually seemed like an inevitable threat, It would've been the best game of that generation.

I like where your head's at, but disagree. I think Morrowind did the main quest perfectly -- Dagoth Ur operated on the scale of thousands of years, and was likely hundreds of years to finishing his plans. The Nerevarine hastened those plans to either manifesting or failing (and ultimately failing).
Oblivion gates should have been massively important Kvatch-level occurrences. Probably only Kvatch and maybe one more that you anticipate to prevent a city from getting destroyed. And then eventually, the number of gates explodes. When the gate quantity explodes, it should have made other gameplay extremely difficult, i.e. constant daedra attacks everywhere you go, constant mythic dawn attacks everywhere you go, merchants shutting down their stores, etc. Those things in the late stages of the main quest would force urgency without feeling odd.
As to making Oblivion the best game of that generation... that probably would be true. It also needed some C&C and a real journal/no quest marker, but that's a different issue.
And none of this touched on why TES is an epic time loop to end all time loops.

ANYWAY, in the interest of preventing the nuking of this thread, the best anime timeloop is... definitely not endless eight. So maybe Eva, tbd? If EoE ties everything together with a nice bow, it could be really interesting.
Or it'll end up being what we all know it's going to be, i.e. The Great Anno Cash Cow Milked to Extinction.

Yu-No

Attached: 1549555809554.png (680x543, 51K)

>Dagoth Ur operated on the scale of thousands of years, and was likely hundreds of years to finishing his plans. The Nerevarine hastened those plans to either manifesting or failing (and ultimately failing)
Yeah, I liked that a lot in The Black Company.

Mazinger ZERO.

It all goes back to LOTR

Not happening, idiot.

I mostly just thought it was stupid that quest NPC would ask you to meat at a specific time... and then show up at that time every fucking day till you arrived.
Majora's mask showed there's a lot of ways you can balance that stuff out (maybe buying a house allows you to leave shit in there and not lose, or the final quest of each guild has a permanant item to it, ext)

Also NPCs permadying would be much less problematic if it just meant you had to wait for the next loop to speak with them. Did ANYONE actually kill that guy who walked through fucking minotaur infested trails on a daily basis before you ever got assigned to kill him?

>there are idiots who actually believe re:zero wins this

Attached: BGI 2019-02-28 14-47-24-22.png (1280x960, 1.34M)

This thread. Also Subahibi

Attached: 1506009581435.jpg (1280x960, 388K)

Majora's mask is an entirely different game. One of the main points of TES is exploration; if you don't want to do something, you don't have to. It's your own experience.
That said, I wouldn't mind needing to meet with NPCs within a certain date range or risk failing a quest.
As to nonessential NPCs, I totally disagree. I don't want the game to hold my hand. If I want to kill the king and ruin the main quest, then that's the world I want to live in. Let me do it.

As for looping, you're missing the whole picture with TES. The whole world dies and is reborn over and over and over again. Yokuda (the continent the redguards came from) is literally the past and also a physical place -- by travelling to Yokuda, you travel back in time (and so it's impossible for most people, because you would de-age and become unborn). Traveling to Akivir is traveling forward in time; and again, for most people it's impossible, because you'd age super fast and die before you got there. Atmora is out of time; there is no time in Atmora, so the whole place is wonky and metaphysical.
Add in other concepts and it gets even crazier, but still coherent. I couldn't possibly explain it all in one post, or even several posts... but here are some poorly explained examples: dracochrysalis (holding yourself in a specific time to do some deed, or to wait until a certain time appears, or for whatever reason, while the rest of the world moves on linearly), Jills (female aspects of male dragons [which are physical manifestations of time itself] that repair broken timelines into whatever the oversoul desires), and Towers (physical objects built by the fallen god-ancestors of every humanoid race on Nirn that simultaneously hold time and space together, while also providing pathways to break time and space so that it becomes non-linear and ever-changing).
That probably all sounds like mumbo jumbo... but if you dig deeply enough, it all makes sense.

Oblivion DIDN'T allow an NPC to die if it meant you were locked out of finishing any quests. So having a soft reset that lets you retry not killing an NPC without completely fucking over your save would add to the risk.

An I entirely disagree that Majora's mask was a different game. I'd go as far to say Oblivion was their attempt at making a larger scale version of majora's mask and they dropped the time travel late in development.

Majora's mask is an action adventure. You play Link. Every Link is the same by the end.
Oblivion is an RPG. You play whoever you want. The game ends when you say it ends. You can do pretty much whatever you want.
The games aren't even the same genre.
But yes, Oblivion did fuck up the essential NPCs by having them in the game at all. Morrowind is best in franchise.

That's a comparison to the general zelda and Elder Scrolls series as a whole.
The specific huge thing with Majora's mask was the NPCs scheduled scripting and route over a repeating 3 day loop. You could spend whole play sessions following NPCs around just to see what they were doing.

Oblivion had the same hook to it. Many of the early in game quests were even having you following around NPCs so the Devs could show this feature off. The difference was it was on a huger scale with multiple towns and characters scripted to travel between them on various days, and there was not a timeloop but just a weekly schedule, which made the repeating schedules feel less justified.
Having the game revolve around the world ending oblivion invasion could likely have started as a means to reset the world after 2 weeks or so so the NPCs schedules would feel more natural.

stop talking about shitty games

grim grimoire

I need clarification OP. are we picking the best series that uses a time loop or the best usage of a time loop by a series?

This gets posted everyday so the correct answer is to tell OP to fuck off.

Seems kinda mean.

Any story with a scenario involving a character has to re-live the same instance of time.

>This gets posted everyday
Is OP in a time loop?

Happy Death Day is pretty good

Ever17, without a doubt.

Attached: 0903cb705011a6d3d34bf807fc7997b5.jpg (1437x728, 437K)

>no remember11

There's no time loop in SubaHibi though.

t. brainlet who didn't understand end sky 2

How is Subahibi a time loop?

That has nothing to do with time looping, that's about worlds inside of worlds. The philosophy stuff touches on this too.

Attached: export-3.png (1283x886, 52K)

>hospital depicted in the spirit room
Wasn't this referring to the location Hasaki was in after the accident?

How the fuck is Subahibi a time loop?

Not quite, but hasaki is the one who gives hints about its true nature.

Attached: screen-shot-2017-09-09-at-7-24-31-pm.png (1273x952, 1.16M)

That's not a timeloop retard. It's just tells stories of two separate times.

t. brainlet

>end sky
t. eop who didn't understand 素晴らしき日々

You're only further proving your stupidity. There's a reason Ayana mentioned infinite loop multiple times.

>he didn't read the true route
lmaoing at your life

>That screenshot
Guess I have to download this VN now

Dumb footfag.

SubaHibi is not a time loop.
HakoMari's Rejecting Classroom is not a time loop.
There's no time loop. Blick Winkel sees the events multiple times but there's no time loop involved.

It's either Madoka or Steins;Gate

BITES ZA DUSTO

Easily the best.

Attached: jin4.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

>HakoMari's Rejecting Classroom is not a time loop.
You are a dead set idiot.

Death Ship

>mfw the reveal at the end
God tier
I wish the anime had more episodes

>Revue Starlight not in pic related

>Fate/hollow ataraxia missing

oh dang...Just had to remind me YU-NO's about to get a trash anime adaptation next month uuuugh

Hakomari and Steins;Gate

Like half of these don't even have timeloops.

Groundhog Day and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

Block Winkel, the players metaphysical existence, is trapped in a timeloop. That's the reason things slowly start going out of order and corruption spreads in the first place.

If you've read it you know it's not a time loop. The owner didn't believe a time loop is truly possible, thus the Box took that into account and warped the wish. This is part of the reason some characters can remember previous "loops".