Why are most anime protagonists late bloomers?

Why are most anime protagonists late bloomers?

Attached: 70505.jpg (644x355, 42K)

Because pop culture media poison has twisted your understanding of the word and your perception of reality to the point that anybody not fucking their teachers by age 12 is a "late bloomer" to you.

I mean both physically and mentally.

Late bloomers are the underdogs. Fucked by genetics, late to the starting line. At least in shows the characters become something great, meanwhile we REAL late bloomers are BTFO'd by society

because mangoos are written to betas who don't amount to nothing and their only excuse is that they are late bloomers so they try to hold onto that tiny ray of hope

> Jotaro 1.95 cm
> Asta 1.55 cm
What went wrong?

Gives the readers hope that they still have time to achieve something and are just late bloomers like their hero. Also stories where you start out with god hax tend to go nowhere with character growth.

To be fair, Jotaro got the best Joestar genes, unlike Joseph.

>late bloomers
Your pic related aint even that, he's simply a complete runt degenerate and a screeching faggot with adhd. The entire show is garbage as well which is fitting.

As for your actual question, the reason is so they do not pose a psychological threat or shock to the pathetic commoner audience that consumes the media.
Quality characters are a taboo in the psyche of the average modern commoner as he cannot digest anything that radiates charisma, strength and character. And all of these traits cannot come without the character being intimidating, controversial and challenging for both other characters and the audience, just like in reality. So, instead lets replace the old fashioned hero who beats people up on a whim and rages murderously with a friendly cooperative helpful faggot who eats cum for breakfast and saves other annoying bitches.

>disliking Asta

Attached: asta.png (1304x1244, 275K)

He looks retarded.

>liking asta
yikes

Based

God this fucker looks ugly

>liking Dekek
yikes

>muh sex
Pathetic, you think you're an alpha but you're an incel.

>Dekufag
YIKES

Attached: 1552342919441.jpg (1028x1581, 822K)

Just go in and ask to speak with the manager and give him a firm handshake son!

Attached: hunter x hunter.jpg (923x599, 513K)

Late bloomer is false hope. If you are alpha, you will show the sign from early childhood mentally and physically. Fiction needs to stop feeding pathetic wish fulfilment to manlet betas.

It's not Asta who sucks, it's the whole Black Clover.

This reeks of salt but it's completely right. Asta is likable and fun, and that's really all he needs to be.

> Liking manlets
Yikes

Deku makes people cry. People have no emotional attachment to Asta. Deku >>>> Asta

>Deku makes people cry.
what

characters can be enjoyable in ways that aren't just because they drew emotional reactions out of someone. Deku makes people cry because the narrative presents him as a figure you can empathize with. His very heartfelt desire to become a hero, the emotion he shows towards his goal, and his earnest, down-to-earth personality makes people emotionally attached to him and willing to empathize with him.

asta is the sort of protagonist who you are meant to view more externally - rather than a figure you have to rawly empathize with, he's closer to a good friend. likable, fun qualities, and an admirable nature that you get to see from afar. his absolute, unshakable confidence, his bold nature - unlike deku you're not continually let into his head or behind his back because you're meant to admire, understand, and see his goal from afar. luffy is a similar sort of protagonist.

they're two different types of protagonists that are handled in two different ways in the narrative, and they're individually likable for different reasons.

I literally cried when he got the message of his unhealabe broken arms and how the others tried to find a way to help him

People like Asta for being likable. People like Deku for being likable AND are emotionally attached to him. Deku >>>>> Asta

user, what the fuck?

Because boys grow over time?

>Liking a crying beta virgin
Yikes

>needs to be shoved around in a school environment
>timid, sniveling and unconfident
>lets bakugo bully him even when he really shouldn't
>gets choked up over almost everything
>moved by kiddy hero worship to an absurdly self-destructive degree instead of being self-driven in a way that's meaningful to him
>likable

Appealing to the new anime fanbase of young insecure men

Gotta sell that underdog story. No one likes competent protagonists out the gate.

Deku is a kid, of course he acts kiddy. It only makes his cool moments more badass because it contrasts with his usual meek side. This is why people love Deku so much, he is a much more relatable and realistic character mentally at least. He is more fleshed out and sympathetic. In comparison Asta is just a one-dimensional bland piece of cardboard.

>people
>like deku
?

That sounds more like Mineta and Kaminari than Deku.

>This is why people love Deku so much
Todoroki has almost double his votes dude, ranking third as the MC is sad

Attached: Ds5oF6SU8AEh-Ug.jpg (1200x872, 411K)

>what is growing up

>1.95cm
>1.55cm
>cm

This faggot has the most annoying voice ever. Guess I'll read instead.

It's a waste of time.

If you've ready any 5 random battle shonen you've already read every arc of Black Clover

Meh, I don't mind derivativeness as long as there's at least a few interesting takes. Hell, I like Toriko, and that's extremely derivative. I'll read it but tread carefully.

>People like Asta

And some other people sniff glue and lick doorknobs.

But Toriko is different and awesome.

i like black clover precisely because it's simple and typical
the plot and pacing are quick and easy so that makes it a really low-investment shonen for me to pick up when i just want to see some kid shout at the top of his lungs and wail on the villain of the week

not saying it's a great series definitely but i feel like it's really not that difficult to see why people might enjoy Black Clover for how nothing-special it is.

>it's good because it's shit

Ah yes, BC is for braindead underage fags.

i never once said "good"
just that i liked it

your standards for entertainment don't necessarily have to be sky-high
for something to be my favorite, i'm going to have very high expectations for writing quality, but that doesn't mean i can't enjoy something smallbrained

Dekek makes people want to bully him even more

This, it doesn't do anything special but it's decent at what it does.

>Fucked by genetics
Bruh, humans as a species are late bloomers.

>trannies and faggots crying over fiction
Lmao deku is a flat and boring character you need to be mentally unhinged to be experiencing any intense emotion over him lol

I think it's awesome too, but it is very derivative of shows like Dragon Ball, One piece, JoJo's and 80's anime in general. Which is exactly why I like it because I love all those things.

Attached: toriko_14_by_alec234-d68k62d.jpg (741x570, 121K)

Reminder that Asta and Deku are both equally garbage and that Tanjirou is currently the best protag in Jump

Attached: 5738727-tanjiro.jpg (320x312, 45K)

There seems to be this mentality, especially on elitist-hives like Yea Forums, that a series has to live up to a certain standard for people to even be allowed to have fun with it. Black Clover is probably one of the biggest offenders on here because even admitting to liking it will get you torn into. Most media isn't good, and not everyone can say most media is objectively good. I appreciate it more when people can just enjoy something mediocre.

It also skips certain tropes of the genre while sticking to the basics. Asta not being angsty with his darkness powered powers, etc

>another generic looking bishonen twink with plot armor
Yawn

I got your number 1 shonen protag right fucking here

Attached: osamu mikumo.png (1240x792, 1.32M)

>dude just enjoy its mediocrity!
Mediocre anime are literally the most forgettable ones. People remember the really bad stuff and the great stuff, no one remembers the mediocre ones. Although because it's a shonen jump series, Black Clover will stay in people's minds for a lot longer just for being a peer of the most popular anime of all time. No one can possibly call the writing good, the animation special, the battles unique or intelligent, all people can say is "its mediocre so just enjoy it eks dee"

Attached: ee5.png (500x375, 295K)

The only good underdog done right.

>bishonen twink
The kid's a muscle potato

Attached: u5.png (959x1400, 1.13M)

Unironically yes.
>Earnest underdog who actively works to improve themselves
>No innate powers, unique abilities, given strength - he has nothing outside of being set up with the ability to grow due to helpful peers and a good learning environment
>Growth is slow, realistic and plausible
>Flaws that make sense and are believable
>Introverted and atypical without being grating or overly passive
>Goodhearted and well-meaning without being absurdly and wildly idealistic
>Strong ideals
My only thing is the same issue I kind of have with the rest of Ashihara's characters - we don't get to see them often in casual environments and learn about little things like say, their favorite foods or interests. Stuff like that goes a long way in making them feel human.