JUST DRAW A FUCKING FANTASY MANGA

JUST DRAW A FUCKING FANTASY MANGA
STOP MAKING IT ABOUT VIDEO GAME MECHANICS WITH HIT POINTS AND BOSS ROOMS AND MONSTER RESPAWNS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1546065775144.jpg (574x415, 64K)

How do you make fantasy fiction that doesn't plagiarize either DnD or LotR, o wise master?

A Star Wars manga

I hate those fucking magic circles

Attached: 83a1fcd6d1699e1539f438156f5902fb348c0e77_hq.jpg (1024x897, 203K)

Shit taste

But that's so decades ago, user.

brb going to adventurers guild, i hope one day i can climb to rank S

I like them when they have an actual syntax instead of just "muh random geometry".

The point of making it a vidya gaem is that it's a very handy writer's crutch
If you drop an outworld MC into a simulated or parallel fantasy world you dont have to come up with a reason why people are blabbering all the time about shit that should be common knowledge or why the MC is a retard that needs stuff baby feed to them just for the audience's benefit

Attached: boat.png (287x417, 39K)

What's old is new again, user.

>Doesn't plagiarise DnD
Given that DnD can be literally any fucking fantasy world you please, your question is meaningless, user. But if you mean the magic and class system, etc. it's fucking easy.

Screw you, magic circles are dope.

Novelists managed to do it reliably in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and (occasionally) 90s.

They work in something like witch hunter Robin or FMA. In fantasy they are so overused and boring. It's just a substitute for having to put thought into cool FX

???

Attached: Ascendance-of-a-Bookworm.jpg (360x511, 78K)

I don't get why this is so hard. Fantasy books make up new worlds and magic all the time without having to have some random retard get teleported there.

Attached: mistborn.jpg (256x389, 27K)

Since being transported into a video game world brings about video game mechanics, shouldn't being transported into literature or manga fantasy world have some sort of typical mechanics as well?

Lately I've been noticing a trend where even when there's NOT a reincarnated retard or an MMO-made-real, they still just go along with the video game mechanics anyway. The characters can all be born in that world but they still do the "Oh, I have to take the bronze rank quest from the guild to kill 10 skeletons on level 1 of the dungeon, I better go to the shop and enchant my sword to +2 first" shit anyway.

It's because the demographics are rpg playing neets

Do they EVER have an actual syntax?

Fantasy manga in the Japanese sense is tired in Japan -- the Japs don't really want to here about shinto going-ons and yokai day in and day out. It's become a tired trope, which is unfortunate, because to us its fresh and exciting.
And they could always do Chinese shit, but fuck China. The cunts.
When it comes to Western mythology, they, as a culture, just don't get it. Just as it takes the Western viewer a bit of time to understand the meaning and implications of basic tropes in a shinto-based story, so does it take Japs time to understand what the fuck various Western traditions are talking about.
The result: taking the easy way out. Everybody know what a fantasy game is. It has wizards and broadswords and plate armor and castles. Therefore, Western fantasy. And that's as far as it gets, because they're pumping out garbage to sell, and taking the risk of actually doing Western mythology justice isn't (to their minds) worth it (1) because the writers don't get it, and (2) because the Japanese audience doesn't get it.
But I think that's incredibly stupid. We lap up the shinto shit. Japs would probably lap up Greek shit, or Welsh shit, or Slav shit, or whatever.

But that's hard...

They are called native isekai for a reason

Based

LN authors deserve to be genocided. All of them. And Yea Forums too for reading their shit.

by making it about the unknown and discovery instead of harem shit.

It takes effort and time to properly world-build.
Making it a vidya allows you to get away with all the fucking cliches and tropes you want, on top of it all allowing you to just go with "modern/casual" characterization on characters too.

Also, it's not like Jap doesn't have Guin, Berserk, Lodoss, etc.

The Western writers have taken the route you want (albeit not in Manga) and the majority of fantasy novels are Tolkien-wannabe and even more are simply complete trash, because of lack of effort and proper research, planning, etc put in.

You, being a fucking pleb only immerse yourself in a limited medium, mostly aimed at children/young adults, so you notice w/e is most popular/overdone atm for that audience.

That's like complaining that majority of books written for women are about romance, self-help/improvement and fucking diets.

Well at least they didn't follow the turn based mechanics in the usual battles in rpgs.
Battles would be weird.

>Guin, Berserk, Lodoss
To be fair, those come out 20 years ago. Last fantasy anime I can think of that wasn't Isaki or video gamey is MiA, which was still a little video gamey.

Attached: made_in_abyss_layer_one.png (1280x720, 1.28M)

do it yourself if you want to, japs will draw stuff that actually sells in Japan

Attached: G5.JE1-v_u.png (300x450, 106K)

>What's old is new again, user.

Give it a decade or two then.

Guin and Berserk are still going tho. Also, it's not like West is doing much better in putting out something grand or iconic in fantasy for awhile too now.

>namedrops the most obvious choices
>calls others plebs
too cool for school huh

Magic circles on Witch Hat Atelier have a pretty comprehensive syntax.

A good magic system but Mistborn is absolute trash. I usually love Sanderson’s work and wanna read the cooler sequel series that takes place in the magical Wild West, but book two is soo dull. Why is Stormlight so much better?

Attached: F8D12D28-F247-45D3-8A4F-748205CA698C.jpg (900x1341, 306K)

>reads isekai
>not pleb
You either accept who you are or suffer in denial. We're all in the same boat here.

>it's not like West is doing much better in putting out something grand or iconic in fantasy for awhile too now.
This is about as old as beserk. Game of thrones as well. Sanderson is also pumping out good fantasy, even though it is a little juvenile

Attached: wheel_of_time.jpg (1000x562, 78K)

>reads isekai
Your reading comprehension isn't so great huh? You're not doing well today user.

Wheel of Time is overrated. I have a lot of gripe with it, but yes it's still better than most things out there.
And I meant exactly that - we're decades without something grand.

While Sanderson is a really good/talented writer, I don't like his stories. They're not bad, but they're still bland for me, it's just that they're written damn well, so at least you don't mind reading them - just that they never stay or impact me.

What's the best thing in the stories like those though, the world building or the plot.

Sasuga DBSpics

I want an anime about talking swords!

If the world building is boring the plot will be too. That's why all these isekai turn into the same story after 12 episodes.

You write Made in Abyss or Berserk

I hate them too. I remember they were a thing in Fairy Fail for a while but then just stopped appearing.

WoT is underrated for books 1-6 and 12-14. Books 7-11 make it practically unreadable though

>No anime where magic circles take time to draw and need to extremely accurate
I thought FMA would be like that, but they just throw it all out the window.

This game thing with levels, menus and grinding is just the Japanese right?

Mistborn suffers from Vin being about as interesting as a wet napkin. The chapters with other characters (like Sazed and Spook) as the POV were great.

Skyward is also really good, just read that last week.

It's a lot more common in korean comics.

God, I hope it doesn’t infect the West.

??????????????????
dont make it medieval with elves/orcs/dragons/etc
and you are already done

First of all, DnD already plagurizes Lord of the Rings. Second of all, what's wrong with plagiarizing Lord of the Rings?

Attached: 1474311708665.gif (234x280, 1.03M)

There’s lots of modern fantasy that doesn’t owe all that much to LOTR. Granted, a lot of them are bad, but there are some good ones as well.

Plus pulling from LOTR isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Riyria for instance pulls super hard from it, but it’s still great.

Witch Hat Atelier does sometimes. The simple ones are most used for say combat though because they're quicker.

Its not an anime but Witch Hat Atelier is a manag about witches who learn to draw magic circlies in an amazing setting of mystics and evil sorcerers and it is great.

>what's wrong with plagiarizing Lord of the Rings?
Because most of it is "plagiarized" in such a way, that I'm better off just re-reading LotR instead.

I'll check it out thanks bros

By takikg inspiration feom something that isn't Tolkien/Norse/Greco-Roman or Anglo mythologies and folklore.

Asura's wrath might have been a piece of shit game, but it's story and setting were unique due to drawing inspiration from Hinduism and other Indian and Tibetan shit

originality is difficult, but they don't have to be 100% original, just avoid using overused shit like elves, goblins, orcs, etc

LN writers don't seem to read much outside other shitty Light novels and shitty JRPGs.

>make a fantasy manga
>retards on Yea Forums call it native isekai

Attached: HUH.jpg (269x409, 44K)

This, it's so fucking stupid.

Game mechanics and Isekai have become irreparably intertwined.

Not to stroke the ego of traditional novelists but a lot LN writers simply don't experience much outside of their own meta knowledge of anime games and all the tropes and memes that accompany both mediums. Novelists, atleast a good number of them try to do a bit of exploring somewhere else when writing a new piece.

Oh dude you can just read "Marry Grave" and have a great ti-Ohhhhh.....wait...

maybe don't put in retarded shit like leveling, stats or other rpg elements if you don't want it to be called native isekai

That's where the native isekai meme comes from

It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard and I wish it would stop getting used but it is sort of based in that truth of "this is basically a fantasy world but they had to throw game mechanics in here for some reason"

Where do you think Koreans got it from?

See
I fucking hate the word "native isekai" but the idea behind it kind of makes sense. It's "i don't wanna do an isekai but I also don't want to actually try in my fantasyland"

>counting on nips not having horrible taste
There are very few mangakas that don't have horrible taste and they avoid the typical fantasy setting like the plague

>having a "magic system" in a medieval fantasy setting

Attached: product-500x500.jpg (500x430, 44K)

its probably the best way to describe stuff fringing on vidya mechanics like goblin slayer

Mangakas today lack the awareness of what magic/anime magic is for, because all they consume are works of art that adapt the adaptation of the adaptation of the concept, not things closer to the sources. How are they supposed to know about magic if they never touched Tolkien, Lovecraft, King, Sapkowski or even things that just feature magic and do it well but aren't that deep into fantasy. All their knowledge of magic comes from MMOs, it's fuckin embarassing m8.

>DnD already plagurizes Lord of the Rings.
D&D is more inspired on Conan the Barbarian than LOTR