The Night is Short, Walk on Girl

Thoughts?

Attached: Yoru wa Mijikash Aruke Yo Otome.gif (540x299, 948K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/40666
sakugabooru.com/post/show/40668
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great movie.

Attached: 1552271815845.jpg (6399x3598, 2.8M)

drinking KINO

I didn't watch it because it seems to be great and everything else would taste like bland mass-produced shit after it.

Left or right?

Attached: 1550855243020.jpg (440x350, 43K)

Saw it in a movie theatre
pretty fun but very overpraised

Right.

Left, easy

Tatami Galaxy is better than this garbage

I don't think they're that far apart in quality to justify this spite.

Attached: tumblr_owt6lwRtEt1upe1ufo2_500.png (500x281, 123K)

Pretty damn good. Tatami is better.

Pretty uninteresting story.
No morals, nothing to learn.
Visuals are like watching TTG and wondering why you're watching TTG again.

>wondering why
Pretty sure most people who watched the movie know why.

How do you know why you watched a movie while youre watching it?

On its own, a fun movie, but in the grand scheme of things I think it's disappointing in that its pretty much just a retread of Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei with worse animation.

I thought it was OK. Got tired of all the quirky gags by the time it was over.

If I wanted to rewatch tatami galaxy, I would

Kinda pointless, as if it was made for no real reason.

>No morals, nothing to learn.
The messages are really straightforward. How could you miss them?
>Visuals are like watching TTG and wondering why you're watching TTG again.
It looks pretty different. The backgrounds are actually painted instead of being drawn in the same way as the characters, the character acting animation is more precise and realistic, with fewer cartoony exaggerations, all is generally more grounded due to the story not relying on the narrator to carry is from one surreal scene to the other like TTG.
Then of course there are the big sakuga setpieces that could only show up in a movie: sakugabooru.com/post/show/40666

Attached: Night-Is-Short-Walk-On-Girls-04.jpg (700x394, 287K)

>Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei with worse animation.
I'd suggest you to have your eyes checked. Of the shows Yuasa did at Madhouse, Tatami is the one with the weakest animation, and none of them can compare with his movies.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/40668

japs sure do love drunks as long as they are good-natured

That sequence within the MC’s mind when he was deciding on his reasons for loving the girl was cool, and the musical section was fun.

Well in my opinion at least.

The music in the movie was great, I’m glad I got to hear it in a theater.

lu over the wall was better

Because it was by the author of The Tatami Galaxy and directed by the guy that made the Tatami Galaxy anime with the same artist that worked on Tatami Galaxy.

Said no one ever.

Tatami still looks great. If thats his worse, then he must be an animating god.

Attached: [Reaktor] The Tatami Galaxy - E11 [1080p][x265][10-bit].mkv_snapshot_07.32_[2019.03.12_01.20.04].png (434x435, 179K)

Too bad that they didn't release a OST.

Not saying that it's badly animated, but Kemonozume is one the best animated Madhouse series and Kaiba isn't that far off, and obviously it's normal for movies to exceed TV shows.

Very weak.

Strong grip

t

I enjoyed it, but I felt the message of the movie was a little naive and soft hitting.

It made me miss being in college.

pretty hamfisted and preachy

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: boob.gif (500x281, 3.12M)

It got me into anime and was the first anime movie I watched in the theater.

Attached: scan0001-1.jpg (412x546, 59K)

I would like to know more about her family's dojo and her combat skills. I hope the novel will be translated one day.

Kaiba is shit.

It's not and the animation is amazing. Episode 4, solo KA by Michio Mihara, his a feast for the eyes. He's a regular in Yuasa's works, but his episode of TTG (the Kaori one) wasn't nearly as well animated.

Attached: kickheart.jpg (3840x3600, 1.55M)

Better than TG and Devilman but worse than Ping Pong.

I didn't understood shit.
But look good

Kaiba is shit. I'm certain you're that same retard that always keeps shilling that piece of shit.

drunkard

Left seemed like genuine caring/loving gf material although a bit autistic on the outside. Right is a drunkard and manic pixie dream girl.

The whole crossdressing/gay kiss scene was cringeworthy, and the fever dream at the end was pretty stupid, but the first half was Kino

The only cringeworthy thing is that he didn't choose the trap.

exactly, it was stupid that spent all that time saying he was in love and then did a "lol no homo"

It was such an easy obvious thing to do and they fucked it up

It's very enjoyable. I like how they altered the original to fit the film format.

honestly i just watched this the other day and it was boring as fuck.

it even looks meh

>pretty fun but very overpraised
This.

It was alright. Better than Fireworks, but I didn't find it as good as Napping Princess.

Good movie. Loved being able to see it in theaters.

I just watched this yesterday! I loved this movie, and I want to watch Tatami Galaxy, but I can't find it anywhere outside of the first 2 episodes on youtube. Anyone know where I could find it?

Well, no thanks to the Funimation/Crunchyroll shitstorm, the only place you can find it is on Nyaa.

Girl was nice
Plot was overcomplexed

Shorter Tatami basically. I would an alcoholic girlie.

It's fine.

How is it a "shorter Tatami" other than sharing the same universe? Tatami Galaxy was about searching for what the MC perceived as happiness, i.e. rather "rose-colored campus life" and the "raven haired maiden." Then coming to terms that he experienced the former regardless of his choice, and the latter was in front of him from the beginning.

The Night is Short is about the guy chasing his manic pixie dream girl. Then when she's at his doorstep he gets cold feet and he searches for the reason why exactly he likes her.

TAMA TAMA

Same message like all of Yuasa's stuff.

>The Night is Short is about the guy chasing his manic pixie dream girl. Then when she's at his doorstep he gets cold feet and he searches for the reason why exactly he likes her.
Generic

Left gorgeous girlfriend/wife. Right is just for random drunk sex.

Based

>autism or alcoholism
I'll take the alcoholism any day

It was played as a big joke, what is the problem here?
The whole thing is taking the piss out of how fickle his love is, Don even SINGS about how fickle he is.
He almost picked the trap anyway but, again, he was shown to be fickle and that a simultaneous bump on the head was enough to sway him.
No really, what was wrong with that scene?

It was good.

the guy can't do subtlety to save his life. Worse than Butcher

Left despite her autistic side

I absolutely loved it. I loved Tatami Galaxy and even though this was stylistically similar it was a very distinct yet equally good experience. I might even rewatch it now that you reminded me of how much I loved it.

trips of truth