Why didn't we get suffering tomoko

Why didn't we get suffering tomoko

Attached: 174929.jpg (225x350, 24K)

Only faggots that watched the anime and don't read the series like suffering Tomoko. They like it because they self-inserted as the Tomoko that was a loner instead of the Tomoko that didn't want to be a loner. Moral of the story is Tomoko improved yet these faggots didn't and now they aren't happy that Tomoko isn't on their level anymore so they shitpost about how the series has "lost its way". It didn't, they did.

Attached: CharacterDevelopment.png (870x1236, 246K)

You are wrong in many ways, mister. normalfag

That's right, but to keep it real, there are already billions of stories about people bettering their lives and quite frankly Watamote is a very exchangeable CGDCT manga now.

Sure kek

>Dude just ignore your severe anxiety and blurt out your perverted thoughts and you’ll suddenly have tons of friends who want to fuck you
Thanks Watamote now I have what it takes to become popular.

You're not a cute girl

Its more like the author found a bf, had sex and had a child and Watamote blew up to be popular so due to feeling positive about herself the manga slowly changed as well.

Its the ultimate self-improvement mango, we see the manga get less depressing and negative as the foreveralone virgin author gets older and improves as a human being.

Attached: 217168.png (419x430, 376K)

The author is a guy

Doesnt change the point tho.

It's two people newfags. The girl is just the one that draws the manga. The guy writes it.

Nope. I was a huge fan of the series from day one and I stopped reading because it degenerated into just another piece of slice of life trash.

Tomoko is actually an esper, and a dangerously powerful one at that. She was alone and rejected early in the manga because her latent psychic field manipulated everyone to fulfill her expectations. When her expectations changed, everyone's brains were scrambled to like her. The further she advances into puberty, the more her repressed lust for woman is starting leak out, so now all the friends she made are being mind controlled into turning lesbian.

Attached: 1472407796821.jpg (897x869, 95K)

Remember when Tomoko thought about dick every chapter?

this series taught me not to pull my money in buying volumes to save a series from getting axed

Even if we don't have suffering Tomoko, we still have pervert Tomoko

Attached: watamote_c151_013.png (869x1236, 204K)

Because Tomoko is going to get the harem end.

They wanted her to be the Holden Caulfield of manga. The worst part is almost all of them saw her "improvement" and how she got friends as unreasonable. It'd be sad if they weren't so annoying.

I was fine with her getting friends. Turning the series into a fucking yurishit sol destroyed it completely though.

That's basically how it is to be honest. Nothing attracts people as much as confidence.

As a true Watamote sage who has read the manga over 10 times in three different languages including the original japanese let me give you a quick rundown on why Tomoko getting friends was a good thing but still made the series worse overall.

At the start of the series Tomoko was a loner. She was one because of her criplling social anxiety, however their are two important things to note. 1) Tomoko had the will to improve from chapter 1. Yes, her attempts to get popular were ridiculously stupid, but she DID try her best and no matter how often she failed she didn't give up and tried something new. 2) While having social anxiety it was made clear early on that Tomoko is not socially incapable per se. Not only did she have friends before, albeit only a few, but even her current interactions with Yuu proved that she had the ability to get along with others. It was just that her social fears made her either keep quite or spill her spagetthis all the time that prevented her from getting friends. Additionally, her loneliness eventually made her bitter and jealous towards the "popular" people, which didn't help breaking out of her situation. Given these points it was natural and obvious that Tomoko could and would eventually made friends once she is forced to interact with others. Social phobia, like any other kind of phobia, can be reduced or cured by prolonged exposure to the stimuli that trigger the fear. And that is exactly what happened in the field trip arc. Even the fact that Yuri & Co. came to like Tomoko made perfect sense, because Tomoko was quite nice to them and actually fulfilled her role as the group leader well. For example, she brought a TV card for use by the whole group from her own money, she suggested group activities, looked up restaurants and motivated the others to do stuff together, e.g. climbing on that mountain. That's why the field trip was the logical and very well executed conclusion of the series and in my opinion the manga's peak.

>self-inserted as the Tomoko that was a loner instead of the Tomoko that didn't want to be a loner
I don't get these shitposters. Even from the beginning Tomoko was adamant that she didn't want to still be a loner by the end of her high school. Just look at how she acted in first year over the christmas party. It says a lot about the outlook of these pathetic bastards if they thought that Tomoko's endgame was staying a depressed loner.

After the field trip things remained fine for a while. The focus was on Tomoko's interactions with her new friends and later Nemo. Especially Yuri and Nemo were pretty well written characters with their own problems that were treated seriously and related to Tomoko's own troubles in a meaningful way. Then the problems began when the secondary characters (friends of the original friends like Anna, Katou and A-Chan or entirely new ones like Shizuku) got more of the spotlight. At that point Tomoko got a lot of new friends and acquaintances that she didn't really „make“ but rather „got“ and that didn't add much to the story. I think that's why people started derogatorily calling Watamote a CGDCT show. The manga was now about mundane activities without either the dark humor of the first half nor the character development of the fields trip arc and the chapters right after it. It would've probably been better to keep the cast smaller and focus more strongly on the individual characters for a while. I get the feeling that the manga might be slowly improving again, though, but it's too early to say.

/thread

Years ago I had a coworker who was a manlet, and still women came to visit him frequently (he even got in trouble for fucking a girl behind his at the time girlfriend's back).
The guy was one of the most confident people I've seen.

Well put. I enjoy Watamote immensely but as you put it those "automatic" friends feel forced and made the story weaker.

>Social phobia, like any other kind of phobia, can be reduced or cured by prolonged exposure to the stimuli that trigger the fear.
When I was a teenager and a young adult I was absolutely terrified of talking to people. Then on my very first work (as an intern after finishing my country's equivalent of community college) my boss noticed that and forced me to do a certain task that involved calling hundreds of clients. I was fucking livid but he told me that I either did it or I could say bye to the internship, something I couldn't do so I went and did the thing.
After I finished that task I started losing my fear of talking to people. Fast forward today, I have no trouble talking to people.
Thanks for reading my blog.

>I think that's why people started derogatorily calling Watamote a CGDCT show
Nah. People started derogatorily calling Watamote a CGDCT show when they decided to check the story years after watching the anime and found that Tomoko didn't shoot her school.
You may be right but you're still giving way too much credit to those retards.

>Thanks for reading my blog.
I didn't

This isn't cute it's depressing.

Attached: watamote_c152_010.png (869x1236, 213K)

Suffering Tomoko was miles more entretaining that Harem leader Tomoko. The newest chapters focus too much on relationship bullshit than gags or comedy.

At first. Then there was a time when I was reading it out of habit and not due to genuinely enjoying it.

I think Tomoko "getting" friends later on is perfectly fine because that's usually what happens whenever you start to make actual friends, and not just be a bitter loner. Her "getting" new friends is to show how far she's gotten socially, with her only making friends at first because of sensei, but now, because she's able to talk to people in a more normal manner, she can "get" friends a lot easier.

That said, I'm not completely on board with the tonal shift that has occurred, and do wish that it would be more like the earlier chapters. But I have faith that all of the characters introduced will actually lead to something, and that they weren't introduced simply because. It's just that at this point, these new characters are getting fleshed out, rather than Tomoko herself, who we've been with the entire time.

I guess if you wrote the Epic of Gilgamesh you would have had Gilgamesh become immortal at the end.

Me neither

touched a nerve?