Why is this anime so popular? Jesus christ

Why is this anime so popular? Jesus christ.

Attached: DyahK0bUwAUqo30.jpg (1200x675, 76K)

The dance

because the manga was popular.

People were attracted by the meme dance and then stayed because it was fun.

It had the quality to retain viewers even after the meme dance died as a meme, because it's good, cute, pure, and funny, and people like a romcom that doesn't takes itself that seriously instead of being heaps of drama, misunderstandings, fanservice and otterbait.

It's a good show.

It has broad appeal plus it's actually good.

Cause it's actually good
It's not getting S2 is it

It's good fun for the most part.

Can you put it in simpler terms so OP can understand?

>It's not getting S2 is it
Aka makes the manga so it has a big payoff every more or less 45~ episodes. It's very easy to adapt. And the manga is still selling and doing pretty well. Everyone benefits from a second season.

I'm biased because I want it to happen though, because a 2cour second season would be fantastic since it would include the Ishigami arc, and would end on the school festival arc, which is the hypest a romcom has ever been for me.

>twitter
why is this anime popular, mom?

>hypest romcom has ever been for me
Reading the manga after the shownends is starting to become very tempting

Because Chika

The school festival ending was a cop-out.

I remember people saying the same about Nozaki...

Bunch of pedos

lot people read manga lot people watch anime

why not?

You should. The climaxes are extremely rewarding and they're all on par with the first one that'll end the anime, if you watch it you'll probably feel even more tempted to read it. Experiencing anime-first is going to be a blast though, I'd also wait until the anime ends to start reading.

Manga, no actual idea. I've seen some girls liking it before and they are all in love with Kaguya, they are all unfunny flatties and they are all spoiled brats, so to them it was probably what is shitty harems to guys.

Anime is entirely because of Chika, she's the saving grace.

That super emotional power of love row row fight the power power theme song is pretty good too.
>duuuhhh DUUUUH dahhhh DAAHHHH
>DUUUU dammm daaahhh dahhh

Don't. Aka is just gonna milk it forever. Death to hypocrites.

you make it sound like you haven't watched it fag, if you had you would know that its a good show.

It was popular even before anime aired newfriend

>Having this much shit taste

I fucking hate reddit-shittier memes of this anime

Easy for undearge redditors like you to relate.

post fat chika tits

bbaby's first generic comedy anime

So what are some shows you've watched then?

>generic comedy
Comedy is either good or not. If it's funny to me, I care fuck all whether it's generic or not.

The manga is immensely popular.

Every manga says that about itself through the editor notes though

i think its funny

Reddit

Based

Once you have the sales to back that up, there's no point. At this point it's the second best selling romcom currently running after losing its lead last month.

It's barely okay but the season is so shit that it stands out as the best thing ever.

/thread

This is the best season in years, what the hell do you mean

problem with s2 & beyond is that we would get a certain midget
oh well at least Onodera & Tsubame would be animated too by that point desu

Sure thing buddy.

he's right, that last season that was definitively better than this one was Fall 2016 (and Summer 2016 before that)

>we would get a certain midget
Which is perfect, because the election arc was great.

Of course friend.

I genuinely respect it and it's source material for having a whole skit about a dick-joke that also outed one of it's characters as a filthy /d/generate who has futanari fantasies about his female classmates.

Attached: 1523937430626.jpg (205x205, 14K)

>Dororo
>Kaguya
>Mob
>Shieldbro
>Promised Neverland
>Boogiepop
>Run with the Wind
>Roommate is a cat
They all range from solid to great and encompass a wide ammount of genres. It probably doesn't have "DAE BEST ANIME EVA" but the fact that there's so much watchable stuff makes it a season that's way above average.

Prove me wrong or post a better season from the last 2 years, I'll wait.

Winter 2018 was great as well.

SIMPLER

Attached: STOP.jpg (250x326, 22K)

manga popular
adaptation popular

Now remove the second seasons and reboots, you'll be left with an edgy show, a barely funny romcom and yet another isekai. Best season indeed.

It's kind of a unique romcom

I'm no sure if i should feel bad for laughing so much at the part where Ishigami was listening to Chika and Kaguya behind the door.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 927K)

I want chapters 135/136/137 to be animated Yea Forums bros, but it feels like we're going the nisekoi route were the realization chapter 199 will never ever be animated ;_;

True tears

Go back

Attached: 1549307313138.jpg (253x255, 46K)

Shit season. Nothing else worth to praise.

its a fantastic manga that got a fantastic adaptation

The jokes are really hit or miss. Episode 1 was especially bad

> harembait visual novel spin-off
wew lad

It appeals to redditors who don't understand Shaft and unironically think Itamura's Monogatari is visually impressive.

cute grill is cute

I got baited by the dance.
I stayed for the autism.

The blueballing is almost reasonable

What fucking nonsense. The visuals make it more interesting to look at, and that's it. I don't see any deeper reason in Shaft's strange visual style either, at least 90% of the time. Impressive visuals aren't the same thing as interesting visuals. They don't add any substance, and I don't see anyone claiming that they do either. You're retarded.

If you can't see the difference between early Shaft and Kaguya-sama you probably think anything that looks weird is Shaft. I bet you think headtilts are funny.

I don't think you're talking to me, user. You're talking to your straw man.

Attached: 1549402229870.jpg (291x212, 56K)

Shaft's style used to have an underlying grammar to it and did actually enhance their shows beyond just making them look slightly more interesting. Inept directors like Itamura and Omata just throw in random colours, lazy after effects, and random text on screen.

.. you got me

Yeah, but not only did I never talk about this "early" Shaft, I was talking about Kaguya's visual style. I don't see anyone claiming that there is anything deeper to it anywhere. You're claiming ledditors do to misrepresent the appeal of Kaguya and make people who like it seem like retards. What for?

>If I arbitrarily remove half the shows from the list and trash the rest without providing anything other than buzzwords then I'll be right

Still waiting on that proof or example, user. Post a good season according to you to see what you really consider good then.

Same.

Honestly I sat through the first three episodes waiting for the dance and it was super underwhelming. Guess it looked nice but it wasn't anything special, really.
Show's decent enough and I like the characters enough that I'll sit through it but I didn't get the hype.
Also the narration can be a bit much at times.

I never said anyone was calling Kaguya-sama's visuals "deep" or multilayered or whatever you're trying to insinuate. I simply think the visuals are horrendous and the only people who like them are the people I mentioned who think stuff that's weird for the sake of it looks good.

>If i use the word "buzzword" i will appear intelligent while ignoring the actual point.
I'm not keeping track of what aired when and don't care enough to research it but just from memory i can tell you the season with sora yori and yuru camp was 10 times better than this one just with those 2 titles.

Do you like the humor? Because if you like the characters and the humor, then you will find that the show gets progressively better as time goes on. Not seeing the hype is normal, especially since it comes from manga fags, and the early parts of the manga are the weakest. But it's definitely not worth sticking around for if you don't find it funny.

I like the humor of the show so far, doesn't always hit perfectly but I like what it's trying to go for.
I'll stick around to see it improve. Thanks, user.

it's fun

Because Chika is cute and Kaguya is literally me