Scanlation Thread

What's the best source to BUY raw manga? the one with the highest quality. Amazon? Rakuten? other sites?
Different sites seem to have the same image resolution, but different file size for whatever reason. does it even matter?

Attached: 1531524169309.png (300x295, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201252620
thejadednetwork.com/sfx/?
pastebin.com/BC4jdD91
br.ebookjapan.jp/br/reader/viewer/*
ebookjapan.yahoo.co.jp
github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/tree/master/obok_src/obok
kobo.com/jp/en/ebook/2_xsXt7y8jyTDXV1tNdT5w
kobo.com/jp/en/ebook/EY0iHOzWUj6ICObF-oVerQ
diff.pics
diff.pics/as7VTnCWReLI/1
mediafire.com/?mjvoap7nrq949a0
comic-boost.com/series/139
mega.nz/#F!Sx1HWIzR!B2UE3fU27MBYPnFDKyvVEg
files.catbox.moe/aays2p.cbz
mega.nz/#F!8kpmHD5T!BX7ASi5UvA2NPjjVeZeZow
mega.nz/#F!ckABxDhA!NGRTx8zZtDeC2lPRZcawfA
amazon.co.jp/dp/4832270761/
send.firefox.com/download/024bedde42/#1IIrR5i9CLmk2xL3VbFDOQ
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.nspictures.mangahot
comic-boost.com/series/89
comic-boost.com/features/2
mega.nz/#F!D10W0CqR!INrC8WBc7-Y-9U8M8yPRcw
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/383060/volume201904/
send.firefox.com/download/e675472b29/#DqsJDrw9nm4C8Dfd6wFmOw
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/480191/
send.firefox.com/download/887dbd2df1/#9DPBQVi4qH9Bg45jECJTNg
bookwalker.jp/de73258ed6-76dc-4e2a-83e1-11ebaf3f782f/
send.firefox.com/download/698411ad37/#8Wbsibb4jMc37vQs9U8QHg
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/326456/
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/459060/
send.firefox.com/download/73493b9fd2/#ObJBlUxYNHEKMkuJxt9v1A
send.firefox.com/download/eef638eae0/#tL4Dr-n6jHCGUXroNdZVnQ
send.firefox.com/download/6d009e45f3/#wxrWOQW-4YAZ1270qCXedQ
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/191114/volume8/
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/191114/volume12/
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/191114/volume13/
files.catbox.moe/m7g6w8.cbz
files.catbox.moe/c2emhi.cbz
files.catbox.moe/6lrkjm.cbz
files.catbox.moe/gjoo6g.cbz
files.catbox.moe/coa2zq.cbz
files.catbox.moe/jiiqdx.cbz
files.catbox.moe/ejo3hu.cbz
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/527523/
files.catbox.moe/83vm18.cbz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's the best source to BUY raw manga?
Your local Tsutaya

>What's the best source to BUY raw manga?
It depends on publishers.
>does it even matter?
Of course, it matters. Why the fuck is that question?
It's safe to say that 9 times out of 10, bigger filesize == better quality.

>read manga
>see the quality redraws, feel like shit
>see the engrish, feel a bit better
Language quality aside, how much shit am I supposed to do besides the basic typesetting? It's killing me inside.

The last 2 books I bought from Rakuten have smaller file size than their Amazon counterpart.
Oh well. I don't want to contribute to Amazon's slavery regime, but I guess I have no other choice now.
I wish other sites also let me know about the file size before purchasing like Amazon.
I don't even know how good EBJ was since the canvas ripper gives you fake PNG with bloated file size.

>stumble upon a sentence you can't understand.
>mix translation with your fanfiction.

Have you ever been called out on this?

I google shit until I understand.

No, because what kind of faggot would ever do that? On the odd chance you're truly confused by something and can't come up with any line that would arguably be correct, you keep looking till you find what it actually means. Worst case ask some nip friends or djt or something.

As a rule of thumb, no one with more skill in Japanese than you have will read your translation. That means that as long as you make sure the outcome makes sense, no one will question you. But it's a dangerous mindset to have and you're better off just googling the phrase in different permutations until you find something.

That's basically Jaimisbox's hero academia every week

>rip images from booth pdf
>some images are encrypted or have missing text
>find out why
th-thanks

Attached: pdf text.png (92x211, 6K)

Speaking of EBJs ripper, has anyone set it up for the new site yet?

I don't know. I'm a tech noob. I can't make it work and my account is stuck there. I tried changing the website name in the script but I can only rip 1 page.

How do you rip them? I've done more than a handful of rips from Booth pdf's and I've never had that issue.

calibre.
to be fair it's only from this one artist that does this stuff.

>buying raws

Yeah not too big on scripting myself.
They don't seem to have done anything to fight the script, the reader just works different now.
Have to wait until some wonderful person arrives, or I decide "I can totally do that" and spend far too long trying to get it to work again, only for it to barely function.

Just open the PDF in photoshop and use a batch action to export the pages.

Uhh... did I fuck up?
I used 1-click to buy, but then there's a pending message. I thought it was and error so I tried it again and now there's 2 pending orders. How do I even cancel these? heck, how do I even buy from amazon? free books are fine, but I already encountered trouble with paid books.

Attached: amazon.jpg (920x426, 64K)

This is why you should only translate the most obscure shit practically no one will read anyway.

got a guide for that? I don't use photoshop that much

There's a cancel order button right there.
If you don't know Japanese, just set Amazon's language to English.

It can only hide my order

For opening a PDF in photoshop, or for making a batch action?
For one, it's literally just opening a file like you normally would.
For two, "make photoshop batch action" it's the first result on google.

Again, just set your Amazon page to English so you can actually see what you're looking at. Here, it should look like this.

Attached: 2019-03-12_07-03-06.png (1901x814, 193K)

Yeah and where is the button to cancel my pending order? Archive isn't Cancel.

google can usually solve most of your problems, it just requires, in most cases, (a lot of) time and patience

You kinda have to learn to think for yourself.
amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201252620

Those 2 (duplicate) book aren't even showing in "my content and devices". it's stuck in Open Order. please don't just give my cryptic direction and just tell me how to cancel these.

Attached: stuck.jpg (732x546, 48K)

Maybe because you didn't actually pay for anything. It's a 0 yen order.

How are Jaimisbox' translations for other series? They have a lot of popular series so they must be good right?
Right?

Yes, but it's said Pending. I'm scared that after a while, the order will be processed and I'll be charged for those books.

thanks! they're much better than my previous shitty attempts.
thankfully I haven't put them up on panda yet

Almost everyone in my scan group is good at what they do but they're also massive fucking sperges, every time one of them says something I want to bash my fucking head in. I'd tell them to fuck off but finding good, non-ESL/SEA scan staff is fucking impossible

Is ripper user still alive?

Is Photoshop even worth paying the subscription for if you don't do any other photo editing?

It's a matter of googling until you find something that makes sense. That or call up your N1 friend. That's the best option.

I've ripped a pdf from booth and the only weird shit I found was it coming out with inversed colours. Nothing ctrl+I can't fix.

Most people that would be able to know your translation is wrong aren't going to sit there comparing your translation to a raw anyway. This is why scanlators get away with so much more mistranslations than fansubbers do.

Dude, just torrent it.

Don't give adobe your money. Pirating CC is easy.

I think I done it a couple of times, but I always make sure to google it and as a last resort I ask in the DJT at /int/.

>paying for Photoshop

Attached: 1475128411734.gif (328x321, 2.79M)

lmao calm down bro, why do you hate them so much?

For doujin commissions, what's a good rate per page? I'd like to get into that business.

Is there an alternative for thejadednetwork.com/sfx/? The site isnt working...

If you want to know what to expect in terms of quality, download a sample and undrm it, simple as that.

redraws are lame imo

>he thinks we payed for Ps when pirating it is super easy
I am still using CS6 since there's no reason to upgrade for manga and before that I had used CS3 and CS5 for ages.

Is it worth upgrading to CS6 from CS2? I grabbed CS2 when they basically handed it out a few years ago, and never bothered investigating if it was worth switching to something more recent.

Since EBJ ditched their exclusive quality the best and easiest place is Kobo.
Once decrypted, Amazon, BW, Kobo, EBJ (see above) should have the same quality regardless of file size. Some stores simply bloat ther JPEGs (yes, it's possible) with useless shit and EXIF that you can save ~50% at times by running it through a lossless optimization.
Basically, pick the store you're sure that you can decrypt and don't have to rely on their web browser to either descramble or canvas rip since that's not the actual quality presented via the applications.

>Is it worth upgrading to CS6 from CS2?
Hell yes it is. CS2 is fine for just simple things like leveling and basic typesetting but CS6 has all the improvements on cleaning and typesetting tools and new tools that were added since then (like Content-Aware Fill which is a god send when used in the proper places).

Obok Calibre plugin is unusable for Kobo though, so you have to use Adobe (1 extra step compared to ripping Kindle). Amazon's price for ebooks are also (sometimes) cheaper compared to the physical book counterpart. I miss EBJ already. damn yahoo.

Last time I checked Obok was still working. Well, Amazon then.
Best would be BW obviously, if we could rip it. Has probably everything one wants and allows PayPal and does not require anything besides an e-mail to use the store. No address bullshit and Japanese location, etc.

I literally used obok on Friday, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Attached: i-116.jpg (1131x1600, 663K)

EBJ used to be like that too + extremely easy to use UI to navigate new releases with tidy categorizing and filters (released today, yesterday, withing a week, etc). fuck Yahoo really for destroying literally everything that's functional from EBJ. The new one sucks and my account is stuck there with no way of coming back.

Here. same result with every books. is my version outdated or something?

Attached: Obok.jpg (504x155, 18K)

Maybe it's because I'm using the python script directly. My version is Version 3.2.5 December 2016.

I guess my version is outdated. where do you download last version of Obok? It's not on that DRM apprentice wordpress.

I got mine from one of these threads 3 years ago on a timed pastebin but I've seen it on github through a google search before when I was trying to see how easily to obtain it was. I get worried about tools being too easy to get, especially after what happened when we had easy access to the BW decrypter. Using obok reminds me a lot to how I used the script for BW back then so I stopped using EBJ ripper when I got it.

Attached: obok.png (493x327, 8K)

Thanks. I guess I should look into getting a copy of CS6 in the near future.

Ahh nevermind. It's included inside DeDRM ones, but it's not included in the latest update. damn. Well, then. Good bye Adobe Digitals.
Okay then, the best website should be Rakuten simply because it looks great and easy to navigate too compared to the godawful Amazon. Always check Amazon for possible cheaper price though.

Attached: OBOKK.jpg (874x89, 12K)

Never forget that the chinks abusing Yea Forumsnon's tool for BW is the reason we have to be so stingy about sharing code.

What happened to BW? can you share new EBJ ripper? for back-up in case something happen to Kindle/Kobo. just post pastebin and delete it after 5 minutes. I can't into editing script and I can't make it work by changing the @include url there..

Attached: EBJ.jpg (471x108, 15K)

>What happened to BW?
Back when BW was new an user figured out how to decrypt their PC reader and shared a script with Yea Forums. The TLer for HakoMari (EusthEnoptEron) also used a similar method, shared it with Yea Forums, and made a plug in for the reader that made it easier to use and maintained the plugin for a while, until it became too much of a hassle to try to keep up with BW patching the damn reader to break the plugin. Sadly no one ever took up the mantle to try and decrypt it again since they'd update every month, and sometimes every few weeks. There were rumors for years that the chinks had been maintaining their own version but chink scanlators never share anything so no one ever got it and those who claimed they had it had no proof since they never shared it.

>can you share new EBJ ripper?
I honestly don't know if my version even works, I remember getting a new one some months ago but those bastards always seemed to break something. Try it to see if it works. pastebin.com/BC4jdD91

>br.ebookjapan.jp/br/reader/viewer/*
that's for the old website. by new I mean the new white yahoo website.
ebookjapan.yahoo.co.jp

In that case I don't have it. Today is the first time I had even heard that something had happened to EBJ.

Wait what happened to ebj? I've been out of the loop, too. The old website still seems to load and the script works for it.

I'd care about ripping if I didn't have to pay 500円 for a shitty jpeg version. Why the fuck have mangaka switched over to digital if they're not even going to try and up the quality? An average person with the paperback and a $100 printer can produce way better quality than what the publisher distributes.
What resolution do mangaka even use for canvas when drawing at this point?

>he thinks it's the mangaka releasing in jpg
Their editor gets the pages and the publisher decides the format for ebook release.

The old website still works for now.
They're planning to migrate their website since they've been bought by Yahoo. And if you migrate your account to the new website, you can't use your account in the old website (my case). I don't know if it's just me but the new reader also doesn't work with VPN.
LITERALLY every single EBJ users on twitter were complaining non-stop since the announcement day about this, saying that the new website is not-functional, extremely hard to use compared to the old one, distrust of Yahoo, wanting to change to Kindle, etc etc. Users are quitting because of this.
You might as well stop using EBJ from now on because there's a risk of potential future crash.

>saying that the new website is not-functional, extremely hard to use compared to the old one
Well, this is yahoo we're talking about, yahoo.com can barely even be browsed. What with how bad nip programmers are, YahooJP can only be worse.

It's there.
github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/tree/master/obok_src/obok

Is Kindle Unlimited worth it?

Pretty sure EBJ is shutting down completely in ~2 weeks and it will be yahoo only then. I think I saw the 28th March as a date in some news.

>being put in charge of testing TL applicants
it's a weird feeling
but when multiple people fuck up the same sentences I feel strangely satisfied with myself

Give us a sample?

Publishers always go for JPEG. I've only seen PNG sometimes, but that was in LNs.
Depending on the settings it can be acceptable. Pic related is a completely untouched rip for example.

Attached: image-0038.jpg (1441x2048, 1.54M)

>applying as a translator
these translators should just start doing their own stuff and start recruiting. there's no point joining somebody else as a translator. people join you, not the otherwise.

Did you actually buy that? it's available on public rip sites.

What public rip sites are there other than the goddess?

I bought it on release and the web rips from the official site are bad (pic related is the latest chapter).
Someone may have ripped the tank after I already purchased it, sure.

Attached: 2.jpg (850x1200, 357K)

And then it's larger than a .png, great fucking job. I wish people would stop using .jpg for things that aren't photos.

shobonnexus
13dl.net
manga-zone
a-zmanga.net

they were pretty basic really, not something I'd expected people to have trouble with
>借りってことにしといてやるよ
>そのうち返す
both guys translated this as literally borrowing something instead of talking about owing favors
>あんたあんまり懐かれてないんじゃないの?
And here neither people understood how passive works

>no context lines

Attached: 1533492128058.png (1075x1079, 1.11M)

If anyone from Dropout is here is there any update on when the new chapter of Witch Hat Atelier will be out? We were caught up but we won't be for long if it takes more than a month to translate a new chapter.

Well, that's their problem.

All of these are total shit and none are proper rips but resized garbage. You can't possibly be serious about using anything from there for scanlation.

they had all the context they needed but I'm not gonna bother posting multiple pages

>expecting dropshit to be able to keep up with manga
The only one they're able to stay up to date with is Tomotrash and that's because it's one fucking 4koma page a day. Even Yea Forumsnons are doing it faster than them.

That's fair enough then. Because those lines could really go either way, couldn't they?

>Even Yea Forumsnons are doing it faster than them
You say that, but it looks like they already gave up on Tomo.

is Juliet still being translated here?

Not since raws stopped coming. I would post today's raws but Magazine hasn't been released on rakuten yet.

>I would post today's raws but Magazine hasn't been released on rakuten yet.
I'm waiting as well, why the fuck isn't it up yet?

I don't know this shit used to happen to me with EBJ and Comptiq before too on random months.

kobo.com/jp/en/ebook/2_xsXt7y8jyTDXV1tNdT5w

>別冊
Nigger are you serious?

Not what we're looking for.

First time it's happened to me. I'll just rip from EBJ if it doesn't update in 2 hours.

God dammit, sorry about that.

>First time it's happened to me.
You have no idea how awful it can get. I rip Comptiq almost every month for KanColle news, and now for KC manga scanlations as well, so on months when we were expecting big important interviews with the game director(Tanaka) I'd be up in the early morning waiting for it to show up and when it didn't I'd end up checking every half hour for a day or two until it finally dropped. Unfortunately, this was BW's fault since if it doesn't go up on there then the other ebook sites don't get it either.

>raws stopped coming
It's ripped less than 24 hours in public sites

Public raws of WSM are awful.

Yes but it didn't get dumped last week. Also the raws used by anons were from rips posted by an user, not from the public sites.

Whoever is ripping Sunday must be very eager. it's always ripped in less than 1 hour after release.

'It's the standard native res x1600, fag.

Attached: Sunday.jpg (488x266, 48K)

>not from the public sites.
no difference. same quality.

Last I saw, WSM publics were 1618px shit with fucked up patterns.

placebo

>placebo
You're fucking retarded.

I can't believe Hata is carrying Sunday, Tsukasa-chan is constantly on the cover.

Did you actually compare the quality with a trusted rip or are you really thinking that they're the same quality just because they have the same resolution?

did you?

Shobonnexus clearly marks garbage magazine compilation "scans" and they even buy the majority of magazines. These are the only sites left after haruka-yumenoato arrest. There is no better public source of raws.

Besides, there are idiots out there who use raws from lhscans (which are sourced from these sites anyway) for scanlation so the standards got pretty low.

nah, this one is the best.

Attached: 407.jpg (836x1200, 375K)

JumpSQ shit on lhscans has the same quality as magazine rips and better quality than the official tank reelased so your universal statement doesn't really hold true

Anyone knows that any Jump magazine has higher quality than their tanks.

How about now?
kobo.com/jp/en/ebook/EY0iHOzWUj6ICObF-oVerQ

Most shounen manga have shit 1200px digital raws to begin with.

I suck really bad that doing fading bubble patterned screentones...
I can never get them to look aligned and when looking at it, it's so obvious that the circle expands and retracts at the parts I redraw.
Any tips? (Senryu redrawer, just look at the most recent senryu chapter for circle screentones).

Yeah, that's it.

Don't even get me started. ebookjapan.yahoo.co.jp is a great example of how to take modern trendy web tech, and use it in the worst possible way. 10+ API requests each time a page loads, like holy shit it's seriously bad. Not to mention navigation and features. No, not every website needs to be dumbed down for the lowest common denominator. They discontinued their desktop viewer that has been developed and stable for YEARS. And don't get me started on the pathetic desktop viewer they think is a replacement for it or even ebj's current reader. It's just. so. bad.
On the upside, they didn't even put effort into replacing the underlying DRM with anything new, so both browser viewer and mobile apps' DRM is basically the same, saving me lots of time. If I could speak Japanese though, I would rage on twitter just as hard. They shut down yahoo bookstore and ebookjapan, and give us this? What a disgrace

I'm here to prove you wrong you dumb nigger. Left is my rip from Rakuten. Right is from the zip on 13dl. You can clearly see that the tones are fucked up on the right one and that there's white padding from it being a downscaled screenshot.

Attached: juliet-obok-vs-13dl.png (2253x1618, 1.75M)

you're lame T-T

And here's the hidden artifacts. Right clearly has more shit from the degrading.

Attached: juliet-obok-vs-13dl-artifacts.png (2253x1618, 811K)

Yes, now read the first part of the sentence. The lhscans rips of the magazine have the same quality as manual ones (of the magazine)

It's pretty obvious the right one is waifu raped.

use this diff.pics

Do you usually rip WSM?

Forgot to mention that worst of all, I bet th

Most likely not but I couldn't care less since you've been proven wrong on your other claims already and this one will probably result the same way even if they accidentally managed to give it the same resolution without padding.

I think it works the other way around.

Still shit tier on right diff.pics/as7VTnCWReLI/1

I used to rip it every week for Juliet threads but kept waking up late so someone else took over. I still buy it and rip it for myself if someone doesn't post it soon after release.

That was my second post in this thread

is merger had something to do with the loss of the previous 2048px raws

I see you're as mad as me and thousands other users. Reading twitter live feeds was really fun. People were (are) buttmad and raging furiously.

Post an example

The differences aren't visible.

You're on a phone aren't you?

>so someone else took over
Ahh. I see. That user bailed out last week.

You're blind.

Yeah I noticed, I saw no reason to dump it since it got translated already anyways. It was fun watching dropout get blasted by a coke addict and a faggot while it lasted, though.

I didn't even know what I was looking for since I wasn't following the conversation but I noticed almost immediately

Holy shit fucking finally, time to rip and dump.

Attached: file.png (749x227, 95K)

the app is also region locked.
There are a lot of complains from overseas and gaijin users who have bought hundreds or even thousands of books getting treated like this all of a sudden without any warning. This is one of the most spectacular and dumbest corporate suicide I've ever witnessed.

Rakuten? Unlike EBJ (RIP), they don't update their catalog at 00:01 (Japan time), but you can still buy the books if you search for them anyway. Just find them in "future release / pre-order" section and sort by the nearest date.

>Rakuten? Unlike EBJ (RIP), they don't update their catalog at 00:01 (Japan time), but you can still buy the books if you search for them anyway.
I know, but they usually show up at 00:30 at the latest unless it's not on up on BW like what happens to me with Comptiq at least once a year. I think I've gotten Comptiq at 00:05 before, too, so Kadokawa can be nice from time to time. Today WSM took unusually long, and it wasn't even showing up for pre-order like it usually does.
>Just find them in "future release / pre-order" section and sort by the nearest date.
I don't think I ever went to that section.

He actually contacted me a few weeks ago to alternate ripping the mag but he decided to stop abruptly. Would be nice if I still had someone to alternate with, but I'd need the raws sooner. Well, for the time being I guess I can do it myself.

Well I'm dumping the chapter raw soon, anyways. Once I find it in this pile, this is the one downside of doing it directly with the python script.

Attached: file.png (460x296, 14K)

Meanwhile you can easily do this in the great EBJ. The absolute best website design.

Attached: EBJ.jpg (1674x529, 168K)

Anyone have spare time to translate a chapter?

Wew. Mind giving me raws of a few (3) series since you're at it?

And soon it will be dead from what I'm getting in this thread. It's really sad, before I switched to Rakuten for the simpleness in the ripping, with the sacrifice of 2048px for 1600px on some stuff but not all, I actually loved using EBJ. The only thing that bothered me was having to convert PNG-32 pages down into PNG-8 or PNG-24 pages due to the bloat. Eventually I just got tired of having to keep up with the threads to keep the ripper updated.

Sure, I'm in a good mood today so name them.

>Sure, I'm in a good mood today so name them.
5toubun, senryuu, seitokai yakuindomo.

I hope you don't want 5Toubun for scanlation because they're 1600px and not 2048px like what's usually used.

Can you read sample without having to download them by using Kobo in Rakuten? just read them directly from the website?

1600px are used for scanlation now.

I honestly have no idea, I just buy the stuff I need and download it onto the desktop viewer, then rip from the command prompt.

Alright, then.

Before the end of next week.

Wait, which is senryuu.

Senryuu shoujo. 川柳少女

Because 2048px was nuked. Fuck that migration yet again.

why's the EBJ hooker save the images as PNG anyway? Isn't it pointless when the original source is JPEG anyway?

Attached: 1523024976919.png (1417x1080, 781K)

Here you go.
mediafire.com/?mjvoap7nrq949a0

Because every time to save a jpg you degrade it further. The jpg would be lower quality than what you were viewing. At least as a png it's saved as it looked.

Reminds me, there was that tweet recently of the JP guy showing off his massive bookshelf with the zoomed out browser. Good luck doing that now. Compare EBJ's fancy bookshelf with ebookjapan.yahoo's new one. It's sad. I get making a new site and all, but why do you have to does that involve neglecting your "prosumer" hobbyist crowd and removing so many features? Is it really that hard to understand that some people actually like having useful sites with options?

There is now zero worth in preferring EBJ for *new* stuff now that 2048 is gone. Use BW, Rakuten or whatever. HOWEVER before it was 2048px on EBJ vs. 1600px everywhere else, it was 1600px on EBJ and 1024px everywhere else. Those items seriously need to be preserved, because 1024px is simply unacceptable.

Thanks a lot user.

Thank you. I hope that's true. I don't mind waiting if there's at least some updates about progress. But having no new chapter for nearly a month with complete silence is annoying.

If it's not shit. so no

And by the end of next week, I mean the end of the week starting on the 17th.

Reminds me of that tweet of the jap guy with 9000+ books, but in new EBJ he only has 7600 books

Really? should I convert all of my raw manga collection to PNG then? Will it make any difference?

Attached: 1525959861625.png (592x631, 352K)

And that's actually a really conservative ETA, depending on how the staff schedules align, it could be out before this weekend.

So long as it's not being saved every time at lower settings than 100%, it shouldn't matter. Unless you edited it.

Clearly somebody has to break into that account and dump everything

Yes, it loses about 5-7 kbps every year due to rotational velocidensity.

The jpegs are scrambled, and the ripper gets the images from canvas they were reassembled on. Probably. I have no idea what the ripper everybody uses looks like.

In that case, do theck out the latest CC, it claims to have improved content-aware fill.

What does this "being saved" mean?
For example, if I move the jpg between folders, renaming, archiving-unrar or between computer-HDD, will the quality downgrade every time?

not if you invert your hard discs spinning rotation every couple months to keep pixel migration balanced

Every time you edit a JPEG and save it as a JPEG again it loses quality, even if you do save it at 100% again.
If your raw collection consists of decrypted images (they're almost always JPEGs) then there's no need to do anything to them.
Just remember if you ever edit them you should save it as a PNG.

No, I mean if you for example, saved it from a place that had already lowered the quality setting to save on bandwidth, then you got it at a lower quality and with more artifacts than they had it before.

can you still easily crack the newer, subscription based versions?

by "edit", you mean? go to photoshop, do something and save it?

>If your raw collection consists of decrypted images (they're almost always JPEGs) then there's no need to do anything to them.
So as long as I don't do anything to the images, it won't degrade no matter what? should I listen to you or this guy? How about copy-pasting to other devices?

If you keep the quality setting close to what the image was originally encoded with the loses should be minor. It's better to use png anyway, it excels at compressing grayscale images.

>How about copy-pasting to other devices?
If you mean literal copy paste, that usually turns things into png. If you mean just moving it, it'll be fine. It was my bad for using "saved" the way I did.

>should I listen to you or this guy?
That's just a really old joke.

A file is 1s and 0s arranged in a sequence that looks like anime titties if you read it right.

Moving and renaming the file doesn't fuck with the sequence. Archiving the file doesn't either, you get the exact same file at the other end.

Editing a file means using a graphics program to translate the sequence to titty form and write it down again in a slightly different way, that's the thing you don't want to do.

Rotational velocidensity isn't even a real term.

>turns things into png
...huh?

Attached: 1541787692659.png (276x347, 90K)

so... tl;dr, as long as I keep the images only for myself without doing anything to them, JPEG is superior anyway because of filesize efficiency?

Attached: 1524984946359.png (445x583, 309K)

Right click an image and select copy. The copy paste it. Now check the properties.

You have a very, very bad fundamental knowledge about PC or software. I think you should start reading up on that a bit.
Nothing will change the file integrity as long as you don't open it and save it again in an editor.

Not if the file you originally got was shit tier in the first place.

tl;dr a .jpg is already fuckered and you can only make things worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if some grayscale jpegs lost weight after lossless conversion to png with proper tools.

yes?

Attached: yes.jpg (342x145, 13K)

Is that the copy or the original?

the copy

Speaking of, does anyone save .jpg in grayscale? It's supposed to be a feature, but I don't even really know how to check if an image was saved that way.

I mean, I've never seen something transformed from jpg to png just by copying it. that's just meme magic.

Check bit depth

I do at least. You can check it in honeyview.

Oh whoops, I forgot it doesn't work on explorer. Open the screenshot you posted in and right click, then Copy Image. It should now be a png if you try to paste it to the Quick Reply prompt.

>Quick Reply prompt.
What the hell is that

>he doesn't use 4chanX

4chanx is far worse than normal Yea Forums. why would I?

You can't mass dump manga on vanilla.

dumping is easy and I'll never dump anything anyway.

you have to select every file individually, how is that easy?

Is there a ripper for comic-boost?

comic-boost.com/series/139

>all those isekai trash line-up
speaking of ripper, is there a ripper for booklive? it's as foreigner-friendly as old EBJ, but can you even rip them? I have 2 old books from there that I want to rip. even canvas rip is fine.

I actually finished one yesterday. I even wanted to whine here about making something completely useless. Here's the rip: mega.nz/#F!Sx1HWIzR!B2UE3fU27MBYPnFDKyvVEg

By the way, are there any sites worth writing a ripper for?

Thanks.

There's me, if that will do files.catbox.moe/aays2p.cbz

Don't use booklive. What are the 2 old books?

Oops you beat me to it

Buy physical

Just some old Gangan Joker.

You should start using some png optimizer.

Attached: 1542442552800.png (1069x382, 4K)

You can dump decrypted epubs straigtht from the memory on the desktop viewer. Open the book, attach a debugger, look for the zip header.

Please say it again but in human language this time.

am I supposed to use 16bit png for greyscale?
I feel like I'm losing some pixel details and the image are a bit brighter

Looking for a translator for vol1-5 of this series: Ippo by Est Em. Another group did first 5 chapter of it few years ago then abandoned it. I bought/scanned/cleaned the 5 volumes just need translator and hopefully a typesetter.

Attached: 000cover.jpg (1800x1208, 698K)

8 bit, but make sure you're actually using grayscale.

should I enable anti-aliasing when opening pdf images?

How about sharing at least one volume?

vol1 mega.nz/#F!8kpmHD5T!BX7ASi5UvA2NPjjVeZeZow
vol2 mega.nz/#F!ckABxDhA!NGRTx8zZtDeC2lPRZcawfA

Why is the resolution so low?

Because I am lazy and those are quick compress png I made last time someone asked to see volumes. The actual scans are 30mb tif files and after cleaning around 800kb png files

While we're here, what's a non-retarded way to translate 部活? "Club activities" tends to be both too long and too stiff.

What are some good H-Doujin sfx fonts aside from A Little Cup?

Not unless you want to localize it to something retarded that's equally long. May as well just think of the sentence with localized context, so make it something that people that speak whatever language you're translating into would actually say.

Usual shit, just scroll through until something catches your eyes. Also this for reference even though none of these are porn-y enough.
>tumblr
Their main site is down right now.

Attached: tumblr_mz627b6Z0l1sbujdlo1_1280.png (800x349, 59K)

Bump.

Ripper user, if you're still here, could you do this? Please.
amazon.co.jp/dp/4832270761/
Cute girls fishing, could be interesting.

how am I supposed to read Shinshunki David chapter 22?
I found 4-21 online, and 23-25 are on the top 3 of manga plus, but do I have to wait for those sites to post ch. 22?

Bumping so I can get back to you

Thanks, user. I appreciate it.

In the Manga Plus site they only show the first and last three chapters for americans, at least for Jump manga. Use a VPN.

Actually nice quality:

send.firefox.com/download/024bedde42/#1IIrR5i9CLmk2xL3VbFDOQ
passwd: 32n3jf09

First time trying FF send, if it doesn't work just tell me

Depends on context, if possible I'd just use something like practice or training, maybe club duties/tasks/assignments/work, whatever fits

I kept getting bad gateway errors when I used Chrome, but opening the URL with firefox and it works fine.

Either way, thank you again. And for all the other rips you do for people. It's appreciated.

Nice, I love seeing cute girls fisting.

Slowly uploading (almost) everything I've scanned to Nyaa. Takes forever since my upload speed to the seedbox is shit.

Anyone know how to rip raws of apps? like this
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.nspictures.mangahot

I want to scanlate a manga. Give me a manga that
1. has at least one cute girl (bonus if it has a loli) and decent art
2. is complete and finished publishing, I'm not picking up your flavor of the season that just started and has 2 chapters
3. is less than 1/3 scanlated to English, I want to cover a whole series from start
4. has most recent English scans over 6 months ago, I don't want to steal someone else's thunder

Preferred genre is romance, but I'm open for anything if it looks good enough to me.

Gingitsune is on hiatus from what I understand but it has 15+ volumes and only a couple chapters into volume 2 is translated. It's not finished but it's a slice of life series so I doubt it matters too much. And I want to read it still. It's about the daughter of someone that takes care of a temple and she can see the animal spirits that inhabit the temples.

Attached: ぎんぎつね_01_0001.jpg (5220x2149, 2.14M)

Can anyone rip this one?
comic-boost.com/series/89

Actually I was wrong, looks like it has 13 volumes.

I never have anything I want whenever multiple ripper anons are here.

Attached: labra.jpg (255x308, 25K)

How's bookwalker? Do they region lock people out buying their books like amazon.jp? Usually import stuff in bulk but there's really only a pair of books coming out this month that I want to read on release so figured I'd try digital.

Attached: 1533430610895.png (644x456, 240K)

Looks cute, I'll consider it if I can't find any other options. The currently available raws being fairly high quality (compared the usual trash raws) is a plus, although if I really like a manga with bad raws I'd just end up buying and scanning it anyway.

Why aren't you scanlating porn?

But I am.

I'm doing it as a stepping stone to get used to scanlating before I pick up a longer series.

based

They aren't free anymore. Make an account and post the login and I'll see what I can do.
New accounts are currently getting 555 coins as a bonus that should be enough.

comic-boost.com/features/2

Any chance someone or publishers release Doraemon or Fuji Fujiko works?

Doreamon is so popular you should be able to get them at your local bookstores.

Can someone rip chapters of Talentless Nana from crunchyshit?

mega.nz/#F!D10W0CqR!INrC8WBc7-Y-9U8M8yPRcw
ripping single chapters sucks

The last two volumes of おくさまが生徒会長!is pure dogshit because of that stupid raw provider mangamaru ruining everything. Can someone rip volume 12 and 13 of this that doesn't look like crap?

>MU now allows higher-res image on series' info page
oh boy. I wish they've done this much earlier

Is ripperanon still around?

I am now. Surprised the thread is still alive

not the user you replied to, could you rip this? ebookjapan.jp/ebj/383060/volume201904/

thanks user!
I see, it's like mangaUP or shit.

send.firefox.com/download/e675472b29/#DqsJDrw9nm4C8Dfd6wFmOw

Do you have like a shitload of disposable income or you have someway to break into their servers dude?

Could you please rip this? ebookjapan.jp/ebj/480191/ I'm interested in doing one of these chapters but I don't want to debind my physical copy.

#2, else I'd be broke

send.firefox.com/download/887dbd2df1/#9DPBQVi4qH9Bg45jECJTNg

He's ripping from Kindle.

If you allow me to request a volume as well, please do this for me... bookwalker.jp/de73258ed6-76dc-4e2a-83e1-11ebaf3f782f/

Thank you user, you're a doll.

Firefox links never work

uhhh no. If you have a way to hack Amazon, one of the largest companies in the world, then do tell.

send.firefox.com/download/698411ad37/#8Wbsibb4jMc37vQs9U8QHg

never work in what way? Is it expired? Because that means someone else dled it first. If it's something you requested, then I'll reupload. I'm using ff send now because upload/download speeds are super fast

I also want to read that young champion. yeah the link are expired.

My mistake then. Nice to know EBJ can be ripped from that way if that's your source.

In that case might I trouble you for a spot of babaloli? Vol 6 has been out for some time now but no sign of it among the public raws so far.

ebookjapan.jp/ebj/326456/

Hmm, I clicked the link, but there's just a white box...

can ripper user rip this?
it's weird that there's no public rip yet since it's so popular
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/459060/

Attached: M9100053449061.jpg (844x1200, 238K)

Try other browser maybe. FF Send also needs javascript because e2e. First thread using it, guess it's not perfect yet. If you know of a better site then link it

again: send.firefox.com/download/73493b9fd2/#ObJBlUxYNHEKMkuJxt9v1A

It seems like an user is asking for it every thread, and yet tl is pretty far behind send.firefox.com/download/eef638eae0/#tL4Dr-n6jHCGUXroNdZVnQ

send.firefox.com/download/6d009e45f3/#wxrWOQW-4YAZ1270qCXedQ

---
On a side note, still no good place to preserve all these raws.

>Try other browser maybe.
Now it says the link is expired, oh well.

Just get a seedbox to put your raws on, that's what I did. No one wants to host a Meguca clone for raws because Chinese bots would be scraping it all day.

> (You)
>send.firefox.com/download/6d009e45f3/#wxrWOQW-4YAZ1270qCXedQ
Tried clicking it and I'm on the latest firefox but it already says expired. Maybe consider registering for a mega or mediafire account?

Can user ripper do these?
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/191114/volume8/
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/191114/volume12/
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/191114/volume13/

expired and expired. Just don't use firefox please. I mean, Desuraba's nude are only in tanks version and people want to read it.

Attached: 1541052131682.jpg (482x549, 57K)

post them on djt and surely some autist will rehost them

OK fine back to catbox. Someone is dling before the requester does

files.catbox.moe/m7g6w8.cbz

files.catbox.moe/c2emhi.cbz

Problem is, I'm at over 10TB now

can you redo please?

can you reupload Young Champion too? I didn't manage to click it.

Seedbox are cheap. I got a starter 2tb for $10 a month, gonna have to upgrade but for now I'm moving everything there. Or you can buy your own server.

>10TB of free raws
Is it even possible to self-taught this kind of stuff with no coding background? seems like a very well worthy investment. If I can learn moon runes, learning computer runes should be possible as well.

Kansha user.

What host do you use? I was thinking of setting up an ec2 seedbox on AWS but I heard they've got some alert system up to stop people from doing so.

I'm using Feral with a promotion they had. The unfortunate reality is that 99% of manga out there is garbage and/or of garbage quality, so I might just delete most of this stuff. Comcast jews only allow 1tb a month after all.

If you asked for it I'm sure someone else would be happy to buy you 10tb worth of storage and an internet connection somewhere and send you the login credentials over your aforementioned email.

I'd probably try to go with someone who takes bitcoin and doesn't require your personal information. Seems like a very bad idea to leak a webstores whole library on anything tied to your real name. Especially now that ebook Japan has been bought by Yahoo!.

files.catbox.moe/6lrkjm.cbz

files.catbox.moe/gjoo6g.cbz

I mean I just taught myself all that. It's not as if they would teach it in school. I wish I knew moonrunes so I could read all the LNs and manga. Every time I rip something or check on archiving progress, I just see so many interesting things that haven't been translated.

Actually, I am renting a storage server. RAID6 with 72TB available space and am filling it up (at 21TB, haven't finished offloading to it yet) because I don't know when I'm going to loose my gdrive. It is expensive, but there's no other choice really. What I mean is there's no way for others to access it, and I can't just expose it to the www like that. I'd proxy it through other servers etc, but that server is already costing me lots.

Could you share some basic information about how you achieved it?

>files.catbox.moe/gjoo6g.cbz
Thank you!

What are those interesting things? maybe some scanlators here are interested as well. If you're into seinen manga, tough luck though. I don't think many amateur fan translators are skilled enough or want to do something without guaranteed epeen in returns.

Torrents are the only real long-term solution. You'd be funding every chink raw site out there forever, on the other hand. You sound like a data hoarder. Don't let that consume you.

user who requested this, didn't expect you to reply this fast, can you please reupload to catbox?

Couldn't you torrent through tor (qbittorrent allows disabling everything leaking your real ip)?

I second this, the current Raw's suck so bad for those volumes.

I'm not ripper user but that's something to think about. I was thinking about setting up a seedbox and a vpn for the future since I'm considering a move to japan for work. Idea was that I could download as usual to the seedbox, encrypt the files and download them through the vpn to avoid the piracy detection there.

How much is that costing you? Also, I've got like a decade of tl experience on me. Throw out a raw and I'm willing to do give you a script of the first chapter as thanks for the babaloli raw.

He did that already. Young Champion.

Thanks, user. Thanks alot ripper user.

First link of Personally, I'm more interested in LNs, and since community size order is anime > manga > ranobe, I know they're never going to be translated. I'm not going to be greedy and ask that the LNs be translated, it's just unfortunate they never will be. As for manga, I think it's a bad idea to force things on scanlators, because part of what keeps them going is their own interest in the series, having scanlated myself (I gave that up because I realized it's better I focus on being an RP instead). Thanks for the offer though

I think making it invite-only, obscure (goddess is not obscure) with a limit of maybe 5 items a day would prevent the stupid "read free raws online now" sites from ruining it as easily?

thank you so much

Isn't LN translation scene very big? and many stuff are getting translated officially very quickly as well. I said that, but here I am, still waiting for Eromanga-sensei TL. I can just read the raw, but reading LN format makes me want to kill myself, so I'd rather not. those pure white backgrounds and right-to-left text text text everywhere is just making me sick.

Then care to share the titles of the LNs you're thirsting for? Not offering to do them, just curious what sort of titles would drive a man to rip so many raws in spite of the lack of moonrune skill to read them. Still curious about the cost of that server you're renting though since AWS S3 glacier puts up a storage cost of 84 bucks for 21 TB.

As for limiting, how imposing a requirement of scanlating history to it on top of that? That way it encourages people to pick up the skills needed to translate more of those raws out into english.

Hah. WN scene sure but that's mainly because WNs can get passed through an MTL. Just read them raw, there's very few translators that manage to capture the original flavor of an LN properly.

If you have anything specific you want translated you should post it. While I personally wouldn't translate something I have no interest in, if I had to choose between something that interested me and something that not only interested me but also interested someone else who I felt I owed a favor I'd choose the later, I assume many people feel the same.
>Isn't LN translation scene very big?
Isn't that mostly a sea of Pajeet, SEA, and spic machine translators looking to earn patreon bucks from a tiny group of westerners?

If you can host kind of thing, sure. You would need to keep an eye on IPs to see if any accounts are being shared. I wouldn't do it per items, just limit an account if it's downloading a lot.

>reading raw
I can't. It's literally making me sick and dizzy. English novels are fine, but I can't stand jap novel format.

>SEA
Does it even matter? It's better than nothing at all.

Don't hate the player, that's the game. If Pajeet and Juan can extract money from an EOP too lazy to use google translate, go for it.

>but I can't stand jap novel format.
It's probably not the format but just the stress associated with reading dense text in a language you're not good at. You'd probably feel the same reading something off Aozora, and that shits all left to right.
>Does it even matter? It's better than nothing at all.
They tend to be bad at both English and Japanese, and are often doing it with a for profit motive leading to cutting corners and even worse quality. Obviously this isn't true for all SEA people, but if you can tell a thirdworlder translated something, it means the translation is shit.

files.catbox.moe/coa2zq.cbz
files.catbox.moe/jiiqdx.cbz
files.catbox.moe/ejo3hu.cbz

It's not really that big, and I'm not interested in boob harem isekai, so it's unlikely to get licensed. Also why are you complaining about the bg? Most EPUB readers let you switch themes or font, and if you hate vertical text, just change the CSS style.

I don't memorize or note down the titles, sorry. The reason I am currently ripping entire "collections" is in case I loose the ability to do so.
As for the server, step one for saving is to not use Amazon. Also that doesn't include transfer/receive rates, and I want it as high availability. Using h e t z n e r 's sx dedi line. Unlimited transfer, 1Gbit, best bang for the buck.

Thank you user, you made my week.

Sincerely, you are wonderful. Sending good vibes your way!

Good luck finding the epubs first.

What a champ, you are MVP, you are the man.

Based user, if I knew who you are I would give you the biggest hug.

the same one who left a contact email a while back?

What do you even mean by "raw manga"? How can manga have file size? Do you want to buy scans? Are you retarded?

Is this your first contact with the Internet?

Hosting a multi-terabyte website with stolen raws is a very good idea that isn't going to alert the jp authorities at all.

Yes, ahi. Will be leaving now, send e-mail if you or others need more raws

Exactly. If only I were Chinese and could just not give a fuck

Yeah, this method is pretty good. Just share it briefly, lock the file. Then if someone asks for it again, share it.

At least you wont be alerting authorities since it isn't mass distribution, plus, you send it to people who REALLY want it. So they have zero incentive to put you in hot water.

Thank you based user, now relax knowing you made lots of people happy.

Unless you are Japanese police posing as scanlator

Check other groups and see if your work is worth the dame.

Do they have some full retard flaw like being able to download anything as long as you know the URL, or did you actually need to hack it somehow?

Are you also able to rip stuff from j-novel.club? Wanted to get the Infinite Dendrogram official manga translations from there.

I hope none of you are so shameless to bombard him with raw begging everyday through email. Have some decency and beg once a month you scums.

>never heard of google
What are you, a zoomer? split the sentence in parts using google translate, read the definition, if it doesn't make sense then check the synonyms (there is a spoiler, always in google translate), if you still can't understand then search the word in google images and other image search engines (yandex images can't read japanese so forget that one), try on youtube too, as last resort you can always ask on japanese yahoo answers or in one of the japanese threads all over Yea Forums.

If you're ESL you can try translating from jap to your language, then from your language to eng, sometimes it works better than jap to eng, depending on your language.

Just don't make shit up, you will get called out eventually when somebody else releases a better version or when something happens in the story that doesn't make sense with your fanfiction.

Attached: 1465005531772.jpg (600x600, 83K)

I don't know if this falls under Yea Forums's knowledge. There's a particularly vulgar Pokemon manga that's too silly for anyone to want to translate, but has a lot of historical significance to the franchise because it was the first medium the Pokemon games were adapted into. The series had an out-of-print English release in China that I've been thinking about trying to talk some online sellers in China into shipping overseas, but I just don't have the means to scan it (especially not in acceptable quality). Are there any groups out there I could just send it to?

I've also been trying to track down Wangan Midnight for the same reason, which also has a full English translation in China.

Being an EOP must be hard. People don't really care about quality, sure, it's nice, but not required. Look at all the burning dumpster fires that people read if you want evidence of that. If the page quality is garbage, you can expect the translation probably is as well.

You can buy a scanner for like $40 that will do the job just fine. If that's not an option, maybe get in contact with Elemhunter from Habanero Scans.

Buy an used A4 scanner on ebay, you can probably find one for 20$ in working condition, they're deprecated hardware because majority of printers can do scans now so they're easy to find cheap. Make sure to check the model compatibility with your OS first.
Any A4 scanner sold after 2002 has more than acceptable scan quality, I've had mine working perfectly for almost a decade, then I switched to windows 7 and that model wasn't compatible with it.

Handdraw them.

I think you should have kept quiet about how much you leeched to begin with

Well dang, I'll take this chance. Can you rip ebookjapan.jp/ebj/527523/ ? I want to see if there's anything new in the volume.

You're probably right. If I really wanted to be safe I wouldn't even be here. What's the use of them though if no one knows/can use them? I'm not hoarding for the sake of hoarding, but in hope that they will actually be of use to translators, whether that's today, tomorrow, or in a year. I want to encourage the growth of the scanlation/translation scene by pitching in to the best of my ability.

I do not rip official translations, and do not condone doing so. If you want to get JNC translations, wait until the volumes are out on one of the retail sites (or their own) and then purchase and deDRM. Or write your own ripper

Please email me next time files.catbox.moe/83vm18.cbz

I will not be responding to anymore rip requests on this thread. Use email

Recommend me a scanner for manga.

Epson V800
Budget? CIS or CCD? Are you going to be scanning colour or just greyscale?

I use an Epson V39, works well for everything I've done with it, but A4 pages can get cut off a bit, so they need multiple scans to stitch the corners. Luckily, most tanks are printed on like A6 or B5 sized paper, so it's not an issue I run into often. Ideally you want a flatbed scanner that's at least A4 capable, and then some black material to put over the white foam in the scanner to prevent bleed. I use some nice 100 lb. paper, but like some black cardstock will work just fine.

But that's paying! Too bad then.

>how much shit am I supposed to do besides the basic typesetting?
As long as the (non-SFX) JP text is not visible and the thing you did to remove it isn't immediately obvious (white space in the shape of letters, completely mismatching patterns/illogical lines), I think it's fine. It's nice to have those great redraws, but they're not strictly necessary to make things presentable if you're pulling double duty due to lack of staff.