Medieval setting

>medieval setting
>characters have modern bikini swimsuits
Every time

Attached: 1552249622998.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that a problem?

Attached: 1470260750050.jpg (1280x720, 335K)

Just remembered this Yuri Isekai

Attached: Screenshot_20190312-173150.png (1080x1920, 235K)

>Medieval fantasy setting
>Girls have shaven armpits
Every time

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Endro - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_18.37_[2019.01.20_11.25.03]_stitch.jpg (1920x2896, 1.81M)

Elves are naturally hairless.

Medieval people in coastal towns invented the bikini so they can swim and work easier in the beaches.

Can Cleric and Paladin wear a bikini?

Attached: D86210BB-4FEB-4F12-8A78-5A2FF71C6491.jpg (839x1200, 875K)

Night Elves invented the bikini armor in Azeroth.

But Protagonist cannot wear a bikini at all. See the new illust of Endro swimsuit and Yuusha’a swimsuit is a toddlerish one pieced swimsuit like Kaos... and Mashu,Pecorine(Pricone) and Djeeta cannot wear a bikini at all and wears a toddlerish one pieced swimsuit instead.

My problem with medival settings in general is that they have too many contemporary looking things.
But not because its "not accurate" or something, I mean, they are fantasy worlds, their are not medieval times but a setting that has medieval times elements as well as modern elements.
Its because of aesthetics, this sort of thing make every fucking medieval fantasy world, exactly the same, to the point you couldn't even tell one appart of another one.
They should try to be more accurate not to be accurate, but to be different aesthetically to the rest.
Although I guess if every fantasy anime did that then the problem would be the same, everything would look way too medieval. But is not the case, we are not at that point so we shouldn't worry about it until it happened.

Attached: ken en ken 11.jpg (1283x1660, 162K)

Well met faggot

Not true.

Attached: 11_stitch.jpg (165x209, 14K)

Heck, the Romans had em

Attached: bikini-roman_2609116a.jpg (480x300, 82K)

But notice that those are not modern style bikini's like

Attached: 1505218557330.jpg (1059x2048, 297K)

They are functionally the same.

Things are just embellished so that they look prettier. Do you also believe that medieval people had all those modern hairstyles, rainbow hair colors and that they spoke Japanese?

Of course not. I just think it looks out of place when they have medievil style clothes but tip top modern style bikini's. (Not OP btw)

>Medieval setting
>Costumes and fashion are Victorian/Edwardian

God damn nips

Japanese people are so creatively bankrupt so they can't even handle a beach episode differently

>medieval setting
>costumes are straight from XIX—XX century

Attached: that-feel-when-log-horizon-was-just-too-real-11a.jpg (550x309, 34K)

>late victorian setting
>beachwear is victorian

Attached: 1502642877795.jpg (576x636, 98K)

Fuck you it's not medieval, there's nothing medieval about this crap

Not a problem at all.

its not medieval though
its just alternate reality

And In Konosuba,Did Aqua learn how to wear a bikini by Kazuma? Aqua doesn’t know how to wear underpants cuz she is a medieval womyn.

Attached: CB04D53F-0316-47F8-B091-4FFDC2EDAED1.png (1600x947, 681K)

There aren't much victorian settings but at least the victorian settings there are are victorian.
Although I wouldn't mind some more steampunk anime.
"Steampunk" is one of those tropes really really famous as tropes but when you look for works that are pure steampunk aren't really that much, at least not in anime format.

The last Victorian setting in anime had tofu and chopsticks

I M A G I N E

you're retarded beyond all hope
you are mistaking fantasy anime with real life medieval times

VMI DA
CAIVS-KVN NO ECCHI

Yes and? Why do they have modern stretch materials for swimsuits if they still have no plastic and no rubber in all other aspects of life?

That's anime for ya.

But I refuse

THANK GOD SOMEONE ADDRESSED THIS, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

Not so stupid as other tropes such as foreign characters speaking japanese fluently and when they are shown speaking their native language,they do it horribly

Wait 'till Bikini ESL sees this.

I hate this too, especially when maid appears

I love Dragon Quest but you can blame Dragon Quest for all of this.

Why can’t we have more anime like spice and wolf or Junkesto no Maria? Japanese anime fantasy just kills the entire point of having a medieval-style setting. Berserk is no where near historically accurate, but at least it captures the renaissance feel - I want more of that in anime instead of just modern europe/japan but with a fantasy skin. The ‘medieval’ stuff in Japanese fantasy really doesn’t feel historical at all, just feels modern, so it really just kills the escapism aspect because the iseki’d guy is literally sent to contemporary Japan but with dragons. Actually if you think about it, nothing expect the presence of castles and the occasional merchant stand is medieval at all in these types of anime anyway - nothing they show even looks medieval never mind having a society that actually feels medieval. Pic-related is medieval.

Tfw no Arthurian anime with an actual medieval look/feel, please don’t reply with the word ‘Fate’.

Attached: DD227288-8AEF-4251-8B41-81D539040EAC.jpg (599x336, 71K)

I wrote like an esl because I was just out in the cold, my mind is fucked and I am in a semi-fever dream. In my semi-fever-dream, I am experiencing a semi-delusion about me being a esl poster who types like a retard because someone posted a screen-cap of one just before I went out, I can’t help but act out the character I made up in my head so understanding be please.

>blame
You mean thank?

>“You idiot! If you say that, there will never be a swimsuit chapter!! This is a love comedy, remember? This world needs to prioritize love and comedy. If detailed historical accuracy would get in the way of the love comedy aspects, the laws of this world will ensure that historical accuracy is thrown out!!”
>“Are swimsuits even a thing here? Even if Midgard has a vague ‘medieval European fantasy world’ setting, synthetic fibers are going a bit too far.”
>“True,” said Brynhildr as she let out a slight groan. “If we are going to stick to the cultural standards of Midgard, bathing in a spring would be the most accurate. …And that means the proper style would be bathing completely nude outdoo-…”
>“Okay, swimsuits it is! This is a love comedy after all!!”

Attached: Waltraute_v01_006-007.jpg (2201x1600, 2.18M)

At least there's an excuse for that: Their VAs are japanese.
What's the excuse for the medieval bikini?

It's like in the Witcher 3 when they have modern underwear and Geralt uses a suit, shit like that makes me take that universe a lot less seriously.
It just looks so out of place.

Well... Its creators are Japanese.

>fantasy world

Lazyness and mediaval swimsuits not being sexy.

You do realize that's underwear right?

It's not an excuse, Modern swinsuits are cancer for world building
Why are they designed like that? Why do they have modern stretch materials for bikinis but no plastic and rubber in all other aspects of life? why is that they looks so out of place?

I know that fantasy anime with beach episodes are shit that shouldn't be taken seriously by default but come on...

Same shit, They still have modern underwear in a medieval setting.

How were they even made
I don't think the needed materials were even invented yet

Why does mei have sucha fat ass?

Fantasy not medieval, magic is substitute for technology to some degree

Magic. They aren't wearing any medieval clothes in the first place.

Stop being autistic

Stop watching shitty anime, get standards.

>no plastic and rubber in all other aspects of life
Source?

She needs to be ready anytime for my quick plowing.

Wooden chariots with wooden wheels and wooden/metal instruments

How do you know they are wooden?

You sound autistic user. Has anyone ever told you that?

>even romans had fanservice episodes

>europe based medieval world
>characters have modern japanese mannerisms

They were hardcore lolicons and shotacons as well.

They had taste.

>Europe, modern world
>Japanese mannerisms
Fucking Jojo Part 5

>medieval setting
>characters wear clean white opantsu
Every time

Attached: 1484152457801.jpg (1440x810, 120K)

They created Yea Forums and shitpost.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

I.4.5 (House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose); 2375: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.
Every time.

Attached: 1409856686699.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Which native isekai is this?

Much better than a medieval setting with ugly one-pieced swimsuits.

They shouldn't be wearing anything at all.

I've been taught in school that until the 19th century sea beathing was unpopular and even considered unhealthy, I wonder if that's true

Zis

Cartardo The Animation

It still is unhealthy. We just invented stuff to block out the worst.

Um, anons, look around a little. This is from the 1st century AD.

Attached: 614fee868fef2e58ffb64c69a0ea6f45--bikini-villas.jpg (736x470, 248K)

And then Christianity came around and ruined everything.

>ruined everything
*tips fedora m'lady*

Why post Endro of all things? It's one of the few shows where they specifically didn't use standard modern bikini designs and came up with swimsuits that look in line with other in-universe fashion instead.

Don't make me sic my boy on you.

Attached: Slayer of religtards.jpg (900x750, 101K)

ecce! hic meum maxime placet!

Attached: 1529610508791.jpg (1000x859, 199K)

But it isn’t for the main grli cuz no main girl of Moeshit can wear a bikini at all...

Can you english some more please?

>he plays gotchas

Attached: 1418715558300.jpg (194x202, 12K)

Are you joking

What materials are you talking about?

He's gotta do something with this time when he doesn't watch anime.

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
Never gets old.

I would love to have a cup of wine with that trve Roman of excellent taste

Attached: bfa593f69eb15e508cd69a113b2ceeca.jpg (799x800, 319K)

>II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8767: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his presence. Only six women came to know, too few for such a stallion.
FLORONIVS = CHADDIVS

This looks gay.

It might be

they used leather

Attached: roman-bikini.jpg (956x640, 48K)

VII.6.35 (Brothel of Venus; on the Vico dei Soprastanti opposite the Vicolo del Gallo); 1645: May Love burn in some lonely mountains whoever wants to rape my girl friend!

Cuckery brought down the empire

>sidetie
Lood.

>medieval
My favorite part of the middle ages is how cartado was used for everything. Why can't society go back to using magic? It was so convenient.

Attached: 1549752566768.jpg (370x527, 114K)

>medieval setting
>characters have huge plump asses

Attached: 1552363832094.png (1280x720, 845K)

>otome game
>men have more passionate swimsuits
Research was not one of the things this author did.