Was he a good duelist?

was he a good duelist?

Attached: notyami.png (950x710, 635K)

No, he was a bitch

Attached: JadenYuki-DULI.png (421x737, 222K)

didn't he handle his most powerful cards to a guy he didn't even know?

He believe in the heart of the cards so yes.

O MY SPACE CARDS

Why did none of Yugi's cards ever compare to the greatness of Neos?

Attached: ElementalHERONeos-SDHS-EN-C-1E.png (307x450, 377K)

Because the card game didn't even exist in real life until a few years in.

He managed to beat Atem, so I'd say so.

Attached: 1520738260698.jpg (799x998, 415K)

King of Games. Yugi was amazing in the movie and his development showed.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Yes. He has an unfathomable natural talent at games in general that is shown rarely in the manga, and even more rarely in the anime. People talk shit about the pharaoh's plothax all the time but they should get on Yugi's case for staying amazing at games when he should ostensibly be rusty or out of practice. The pharaoh had good reasons to pick him for the ceremonial duel.

Yugi was already talented at games, he just learned while watching an Egyptian master of games (cheater) and eventually got even better, plus he got free ultra rare cards from his grandpas card shop so that probably helps him.

In the movie he defeated Kaiba, but the game stopped at the moment his life points went to 0.

This nigga is a game freak of course he is a master. He fucking beat Atem.

Dude Yugi had Judai beat and Atem did the finishing blow.

Kek. Even rubber nen is less of an asspull than fucking space cards

he's cute

I'm still mad that it was Atem who played Dungeon Dice Monsters in the anime.

Of course, he fucking beat the Pharaoh

did they beat the meat together

How was that different from the manga?

He manages to win without using ancient Egyptian magic to cheat, so yes

In the manga, Otogi is a lot more villainous in his initial appearance, and the DDM game is played in a locked basement with no audience, with the Millennium Puzzle as the bet (Otogi had forcibly stolen it from Yugi and was ransoming it to back to him). It was also played on a normal table, with no Solid Vision. Pegasus wasn't involved with Otogi because Pegasus had already been killed by Bakura at that point. That's off the top of my head, there were more differences that I don't remember exactly.

In the manga Yugi has to play Duke/Otogi to get the puzzle back, because Otogi's father thinks his son is the true king of games, and he wants to get revenge on Yugi's grandpa for winning an evil magical game they both played years before.

He was always straight up better than Atem. He just needed self confidence.

Attached: 1538348910441.gif (500x281, 1.84M)

>universe literally revolves around me in my series
>literally everyone else including a boring and uncool girl, the most Italian man in the world, a nigger, a one eyed Australian with a literal croc wife, and Manjoume motherfucking Thunder is a better character than me
>but we're just gonna pretend I'm not an annoying gary stu even after my """"development""""
How does is a character literally the center of the universe while feeling out of place in his own series at the same time?

Attached: Game's not fun anymore.png (1439x1077, 1.17M)

>Yugi
>Never loses a single duel in the whole series
>Atem
>Lost to Kaiba and Yugi
He was okay.

Don't forget that Otogi was only doing it because his father pushed him into it because Yugi's grandpa straight up ruined his life when he was still making a living as an international gambler/Indiana Jones kind of guy.

Yugi straight up refused Atem's help because he believed it was his own problem to solve and that if he really meant it when he said he made his friends on his own and the puzzle had nothing to do with it, then he should be able to save Otogi from the sins of his father. DDM was a huge character defining moment for Yugi in general and the anime didn't even bother.

Attached: 1545681263549.gif (200x200, 90K)

Ahh, I knew I was getting something wrong. Definitely a good arc, one of the biggest tragedies of the anime for me, along with the fucked up Dawn of the Duel arc.

The Millennium World is easily the best part of the manga and the anime just botched it because the manga dropped the card game at that point and only had two duels in that whole arc. The Ultimate Shadow RPG is fucking kino.

Attached: Ultimate_Shadow_RPG.png (1011x768, 1.6M)

I really dislike the way Yugi's and Atem relationship was set up. I think it would be kind of ok to have Atem fight in the beggining and then have Yugi realize that he needs to fight his own battles and have Atem act has a advisor. But it actually was just Atem bailling him out of every fight he ever got on, minus the ones where he couldn't use the Puzzle. It got to the point where you could almost take Yugi out of the story and it would make no difference.

Who that on the coffin

The entire point was he was spineless and needed a Chad to show him how to be a Chad. Once he gained his confidence he literally became an unbeatable machine

Zorc/Akhenaden (Egypt Kaiba's dad)

Attached: 292749.jpg (1404x1412, 1.33M)

Akhenaden. Or roughly translated from sand script "the man who did everything wrong". Probably.

Attached: Kul Elna Massacre.png (678x489, 193K)

No he had to have the pharaoh duel for him

>He was kaibas ancestors dad
How the fuck did I miss that?

Everything he did was brought about by his desire to raise Seto out of Atem's shadow because he considered himself to have lived in the Pharaoh's, so I dunno man, it was pretty fucking big.

To be fair I haven't read it since I was like 14 years ago. I'm getting old man

He was good, but not King of RNG good.

Attached: 5.png (555x555, 597K)

He helps Atem quite a few times. But yeah let's be real, Atem is the MC, and people watch this for Atem, not Yugi.

I liked manga duel atem vs yugi better than anime version but yugi facing the three gods was cool too