Why did KLK underwhelm you? What stops it from being one of your favorite shows?

Why did KLK underwhelm you? What stops it from being one of your favorite shows?

Attached: kill la kill.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

But it didn't. It's AOTD.

Attached: 1b.jpg (1280x5758, 1.3M)

I got in with too high expectations. I thought this would be the best thing ever, and felt betrayed when it wasn't what i thought it would be, ended up dropping it after the 4th episode or something like that

I hate Imaishi's style. His sense of humour, style, everything grates on my nerves. I hate it and everything he's directed.

I'm stupid and I don't do analysis so it's been hard for me to understand why it underwhelmed me compared to TTGL but I suppose a part of it is that I found almost every character to be 1-dimensional except Satsuki. In TTGL there's a lot of throwaway side characters. In KLK every side character has its "shtick" that they beat you over the head with. And normally that might be a good thing, but my problem is that I either didn't care about the shtick or it outright annoyed me. I started hating Mako 10 episodes in.

I preferred TTGL's style of only having a few characters with some depth, like Simon, Kamina, Rossiu, Viral, and even the Spiral King (does Kittan count?). Or maybe I'm wrong about KLK and I've missed something.

Attached: ttgl viral.jpg (534x300, 36K)

It is one of my favorites though

Also TTGL's premise is just a lot more interesting to me. Humans utilize willpower and perseverance to fuel mechs with which they overthrow their oppressors. The mid-story twist was great too with Lordgenome actually attempting to save humanity from the anti-spirals, who were trying to protect the universe. While I'm at it that adds another "character" with depth in TTGL I like: the anti-spirals.

this girls is wearing next to nothing, it's way to distracting

Attached: 445p_3.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

animation mostly (kept comparing it unfavorably to TTGL)
also couldn't relate to the MC and found Mako annoying

Female protags almost never work.

>Anime with nudity as one of its central theme
>Doesn't show the girls' nipples

>KLK
>underwhelming
Are you kidding? Best shit since the very first tele funken. Imaishi is the best.

3 extra ovas focusing in satsuki's butt.

What the shit? I literally just now got around to watching it and was so underwhelmed that I didn't even finish episode 3. It's like a 3/10 anime that's wearing a TTGL suit.

Though I always wonder if their is a race that would try to cause the spiral nemesis.

I thought it was pretty good but I didn't like Nui. She kinda ruined it for me, and her entrance into the story signaled the story becoming really poor and it only recovered near the end.

season 2 had too many plot twists and shouldve just finished how it was supposed to. it got fucking dumb and it should've just been normal. season 1 is flawless.

this is bait, right? This gotta be bait.
>implying nui wasn't a stroke of genious, literally all and everything about her

It's a great fucking show, but finale was kind of weak. It failed to deliver Scissor Sisters finishing move and I will always be pissed off about that.

That and it felt like the villains got off free despite dying actually I have notice that is a tread with Trigger.

Yeah, Satsuki didn't get her revenge while Nui & Ragyo died on their own fucking terms while Senketsu died for no fucking reason. Other than the naked catch, KlK's ending was weak.

the only part i kind of enjoyed throughout klk was mikisugi, but i'm not trigger's biggest fan so i go in with low expectations

>mikisugi
They did his dual-persona so great. The switches to nudist beach mikisugi are just fantastic. Great tune too, btw.

>Satsuki didn't get her revenge
That was the point. She moved past the desire for revenge because she had used and hurt so many people, ironically including her little sister, who had been her motivation the whole time. The show was never about vengeance, it was about moving on and realizing what was more important. It's the same for Ryuko, who outright says her revenge quest was her way of grieving and gives her big speech to Satsuki in 15 about how she's going to stop her because it's the right thing to do, not to avenge her father.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kill la Kill - 22 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.42_[2015.06.05_20.00.28].jpg (1280x720, 77K)

And that motivation is too bland for my taste.

k?

It's much better than generic, petty revenge, but you do you.

For me TTGL characters are one dimensional. They all are fucking Kamina wannabe. KLK characters are far better.

The second half was rushed and not as all around well made as the first half. It tried too hard to be TTGL 2.0 and became less interesting for it. Add to that token bittersweet end with Senketsu getting Nia'd and I am over it.

Someone should explain to Imaishi that the Gainax curse is a curse not something to be nostalgic over.

Attached: 1452536789200.png (316x434, 51K)

Hamlet, Gladiator, Memento, Kill Bill, Oldboy, Code Geass, Berserk. Some of the best stories ever are revenge stories. A good character doing good because she's good and fighting the bad guy because it's the bad guy is what's lame.

First 3 episodes started too strong. The rest feels like a slice of life in comparison and then the CUHRAAAZY ending was just cliché.

I want to fuck Ryuko.

Anyone would, but it's not one of those threads.

shit main character

second half. first half was fantastic

Gonna fap to Ryuko now.

I never stopped beating off to it.

Most of TTGL's characters are bland but the ones which aren't really knock it out of the park IMO. Simon learns he doesn't need to rely on Kamina and he can believe in himself. Rossiu is the antithesis to Simon and does what he feels is practically necessary to save humanity (and we see him go through emotional hardships knowing he's hurting one of his friends and humanity's saviors), and there's interesting parallels between that and what his village elder did. Lordgenome isn't just bad guy is bad like KLK's big bads - you could think of him as something of a coward but he did what he felt was necessary to protect humanity by forcing them underground. The anti-spirals worked similarly. Viral is a beastman who views himself as superior to humans but starts questioning himself after losing to them so many times, and his perspective changes after seeing Simon's fight with Lordgenome. Later we see his deepest desire is to have a wife and child which is something only humans can do.

The only character that has anything interesting like that in KLK is Satsuki. It was too predictable but the best moment in the show is the revelation that Satsuki had been working to undermine Ragyo. As for all the other characters: Ragyo is evil because evil. Mako is le goofy friend but is just annoying as fuck. Gamagori is a tough softie but that's all he is. The rest of the devas are forgettable. Oh and Ryuko's edgy phase for those 2-3 episodes was so, so awful. Can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

Not enough of Ryuko and Satsuki getting their juicy butts fucked.

On the contrary, it was better than it had any right to be.

I like TTGL's cast, but I'm nowhere near as attached to them as I am KLK's (except for eternal best boy Viral) because the characters are so archetypal and only a small number are rounded or dynamic. KLK's characters are more fleshed out and idiosyncratic to me. Like the Elite Four are side characters, but you learn more about Sanageyama's background and how radical he is in 20 minutes than you do Yoko across the whole series, and she's supposed to be the tritagonist.

Attached: CMme1LFVEAA_rl6.jpg orig.jpg (1024x713, 142K)

>Rossiu ... does what he feels is necessary to save humanity
>there's interesting parallels between that and what his village elder did
> Lordgenome... did what he felt was necessary to protect humanity
>The anti-spirals worked similarly
That's my favorite thing about it. In a story where the spiral is a central theme I love that as the story progresses it keeps circling back to the same beat over and over again. In a hypothetical continuation of the story I bet the Spiral nemesis too wouldn't turn out to be a a big bad but just something else that was also doing what they were doing because it thought it was for the best.

The day they figure out how to put KLK characters in a TTGL story is the day anime will truly be saved.

You could easily see the basic plot from the very first episode since it's essentially just Gurren Lagann again.

If you say it like that, and thinking about it, KLK is surprisingly mature in its storytelling. Maybe another reason way I like it so much.

>KLK characters in a TTGL
please no. just make more of TTGL's best characters. klk's characters are so bland.

Imaishi can't direct action. The only good episodes he's directed are episode 3 and 12 of Abenobashi.

>Imaishi can't direct action.
Most hilarious thing I read today.

Attached: kill-la-kill-ryumako.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

>Satsuki will never save her 50+% alien imouto from Anheroing
>Satsuki will never wear Nui in the final battle to kill Ragyo

Attached: 81E39A3E-480D-4234-9D96-E1B86501292A.jpg (570x519, 69K)

>no kare kano 19

Attached: 1532537729802.jpg (640x480, 183K)

>Satsuki will never wear Nui in the final battle to kill Ragyo
I didn't know I want this.

>Why did KLK underwhelm you
It didn't

>Like the Elite Four are side characters, but you learn more about Sanageyama's background and how radical he is in 20 minutes than you do Yoko across the whole series, and she's supposed to be the tritagonist.
Yet I cared more about Yoko because she had more development and wasn't relegated to a joke.

It's a decently funny feel-good anime with some cool fights.

It wasn't underwhelming at all, it was mindless fun like any Imaishi show

Lost a lot of steam in the second half and ultimately fell victim to its own hype like all Trigger shows do sans Gridman. Would have benefited from being less over the top and more personal since its obvious that they were just making shit up as they went along given established plot points gets dropped and characters don't go anywhere despite their initially setups as being important to the plot (Trigger, Nudist Beach, Sanageyama, Junketsu). Ryuuko comes off as too unlikable and Sastuki way too Mary Sue-ish the rest of the cast ultimately don't matter.

Would Satsuki finally be embarrassed by wearing something so pink?

Attached: 3C5096A0-919E-4211-ABAA-37359ED55B29.png (1280x801, 1.58M)

it didn't it was great.

predictible and lots of shouting. Mako was worth watching it for though.

Attached: images.png (192x263, 9K)

Indeed.
I lost interest at the ALIENS reveal. That said, given the right treatment, I'd be down for a Kill la Kill video game. Sadly, the one that's coming out this year (supposedly) looks like a forgettable arena brawler that no one will remember after a few months.

I like the fact that the game is giving some development to the lore of the show at least though its coming out way too late.

Ha, never.

>its obvious that they were just making shit up as they went along
Actually, it isn't.
>given established plot points gets dropped and characters don't go anywhere despite their initially setups as being important to the plot (Trigger, Nudist Beach, Sanageyama, Junketsu).
You really shouldn't consider the show going in the direction you predicted as "dropping plot and characters". All the ones you mentioned had a reason to be there.
>Ryuuko comes off as too unlikable and Sastuki way too Mary Sue-ish the rest of the cast ultimately don't matter.
Both Ryuko and Satsuki were flawed characters that needed to grow and get over their issues. Not liking Ryuko is obviously up to you, but I hope you realize that unlikable =/= poorly written, and calling Satsuki a Mary Sue when she was making mistakes her whole life is just silly.
>I lost interest at the ALIENS reveal
Why? It was brilliant.
The story is complete, doesn't need ulterior "lore". The game is just some AU, things like letting Junketsu would have made no sense in the show.

It didn't. It was fun.
I had fun.

It was a fun show with brilliant fanservice but Mako jokes never seem to hit me.

>Oh and Ryuko's edgy phase for those 2-3 episodes was so, so awful
Unironically one of the best parts of the show. She just received the biggest mindfuck of the show, so it's a no wonder she would turn to and self-hating vessel of rage. This adds another angle to the theme of identity that KlK explores. Mikisugi got the talking down he deserved. Satsuki humbled herself by taking a beating from Ryuko. Senkestu's will to save Ryuko plays to his "humanity". And this is all delivered with an awesome uniform swap battle.

Attached: 1528234525240.gif (250x255, 207K)

Resentment and self-hatred is understandable but having her reject Senketsu and her friends then confront Ragyo only to get possessed and have her attack her friends for the development you laid out was contrived and frankly cringey.

A lot of people already said it, but I'll say it too. The second half of the show felt too rushed, and I didn't like the ending. I think the whole aliens thing was a shit attempt to try to explain the whole superpower outfit.

I disagree. Her lashing out at Senketsu made a lot of sense because he reminds her of what she is. She's doesn't hate him. Just pushing him away, which he see's right through her. She also feels alone, and cut off from everyone else. It's important to remember she's an angsty teenager as well. Her going to Ragyo alone, also make sense because this is something that she is known to do. She does something like this in episode 1. Worked well for her then, not now. I also highly disagree that Ryuko getting possessed was contrived and cringey. The show's motto is "Don't lose your way". It leads to plenty of things I've already listed, and it gives an opportunity to look into the mind of Ryuko. And her breaking out of the spell by feeling Mako and Satsuki's blood was a genius move that is in line with the show's aesthetic.

>All the ones you mentioned had a reason to be there.
Not him but jesus christ, did we watch the same show? What was the point of Sanageyama's episode, which I honestly felt was one of the best episodes they had? He lost his eyes for what special purpose? He didn't even do anything notably useful than the other Devas. Early on, Nudist Beach felt like they were actually going to be worth something than what we got useless garbage. I can pin point where exactly it ended up garbage and it started with the Deva boss rush that was tossed in the story for epik lulz and never recovered when Nui showed up. Dosh king was the only worthwhile thing after those points but not enough to save KlK. I get that you really love KlK and I was enjoying it early on too, but the show was ass. Aliens reveal wasn't brilliant either. It's been a while but did rape mom ever get a legit motive that wasn't just lol I am bad guy?

Attached: 1540611654111.jpg (303x311, 55K)

I wonder if the people complaining about that were paying attention to the show. 3 episodes earlier she went apeshit just for the same thing happening not even to herself. And the following scene, speaking with Senketsu, makes it clear that she hadn't resolved her issues at all (if the Nui/Nagita ruse didn't already make it clear) and that the following arc is absolutely necessary.
Yeah, that's Ryuko. That's her entire character. The abandonment that made her a loner who would never take the first step socializing, has self esteem issues, is antagonistic toward everyone who he percieves in a position of authority, always listens to feelings before reason
Obviously after learning what she did she would feel betrayed and manipulated and ashamed and would be overtaken by rage and push everyone away. One could even argue that being worn by Junketsu was what she really wanted at that point, since it freed her from her suffering and gave her the (false) family love that she always wanted.

People were talking earlier about the worth of the characters of TTGL versus those of KLK. I find the discussion pretty pointless as they're all more or less archetypal and the specific quirks don't make much of a difference. That said, Ryuko is the only character across both shows to have the nuance in her characterization and in her not by-the-numbers character arc necessary to be considered fully tridimensional.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-22-19h04m16s237.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

>I also highly disagree that Ryuko getting possessed was contrived and cringey. The show's motto is "Don't lose your way". It leads to plenty of things I've already listed, and it gives an opportunity to look into the mind of Ryuko.
I agree with all of this but having her storm off on her own to fight the big bad only to get possessed is contrived. You could have Ryuko eat a turd coated with life fibers and fit that into the show's themes and call it genius but it'd still be cringey and contrived.

>contrived
Even if, so fucking what. All in all KLK is so much more than you faggots give it credit for.

I guess we have to agree to disagree then.

I couldn't take the clothing plot seriously.

I liked Mako

Mako was fun.

>What was the point of Sanageyama's episode
Showcasing how ruthless Satsuki is even with her more close subordinates. She was ready to toss him out before he sew his eyes shut. This is followed up later when she considers letting the Devas die to not give the victory to Ryuko at Osaka and then again with the suicide pact before the coup at Honnouji.
And all these scenes are mirrored at the end with opposite ones, after Satsuki realizes her mistakes: Sanageyama regaining his eyes, "Don't smash the cups, We're not going to die." etc.
>Early on, Nudist Beach felt like they were actually going to be worth something
No they weren't. At least as a combat force. Tsumugo only managed to beat Ryuko because she was still inexperienced and let herself be hit hundreds of times ignoring the fact that at some point the needles would deactivate Senketsu. And the moment Nonon shows up, Tsumugo pussies out.
Nudist Beach being able to confront life fibers would not make any sense whatsoever. That's the exact reason why Senketsu was made! And "Only life fibers can confront life fibers" has obviously a deeper meaning relative to the fact that you can't beat the system if you refuse to be part of it.
All this said, NB still have a fundamental role with all the tech they provide to the group, from the Great Naked Blade to the daggers and the thing that extract people from COVERS.
>the Deva boss rush that was tossed in the story for epik lulz
Weren't you paying attention? It was Satsuki's scheme to test their uniforms against Ryuko.

The fact that while I had fun with it, that wasn't enough for it to be one of the things I've enjoyed the most in my life. What fucking kind of retarded question is that?

others managed to answer it. might you're just stupid.

>underwhelming
it was quite literally one of the most memorable anime of the year

I think the premise just bores the shit out of me.

Memorable? Sure. What IMHO really stands out is how easily KLK manages to induce absolute HYPE. It's such a good flow, and really makes you feel goood. Give me the next episode! MORE. In this for over 20 episodes. Starting at episode 1. It's magic. Pure anime magic.

And that's okay? If it doesn't click with you, it doesn't. No big deal. But rest assured it clicked fucking hard with plenty of other anons.

OK. What's the problem?
>KLK manages to induce absolute HYPE. It's such a good flow
I wish. TTGL gets me hyped but not KLK.

Look, son. Have you ever considered that maybe you're just gay?

Maybe. Hentai gets me hard but not KLK.

Genuinely exceeded my expectations. Those who shit on it are just hivemind edgelords.

>Why did KLK underwhelm you?
It didn't.
>What stops it from being one of your favorite shows?
It is.

That's funny. I love KLK but I'm never able to make past the first three episodes of TTGL. Didn't even realize it was the same creator.

give it another shot since it absolutely shits on KLK in every respect except pacing.

20% great animation, 80% shit animation with an overreliance on ugly digital tweening

artwork goes to shit near the last half

gross niggerized fanservice (yeah yeah I know, it's "not really fanservice" and nakedness is a major them and yadda yadda) aimed at rap music ass fetishists

terrible writing, characters just infodumping convoluted plot twists on us during the final battle

F- soundtrack. you'll never convince me that fucking Evanescence cover band song that always plays when Ryoko asspulls her way to victory isn't terrible

I plan to but I doubt I'll love it (and its soundtrack) as much as KLK. Giant robot fights just don't really interest me and I found Ryuko really relatable when I was 15, whereas every time I try to watch TTGL Simon just comes off as another Shinji clone.

Question though. Imaishi did both these shows, right? Did he also make PSG?

This dude didn't like Blumenkranz and Light your heart up
what a bitch

You can't trick me into thinking something by telling me I think it.

Unironically the nudity, it works for comic relief, but not much else, besides fanservice and selling figures.

Also, 90% of the side characters are just too irritating for me to enjoy it fully.

>Why did KLK underwhelm you?

It didn't. For me nothing has topped it since. I love it and I particularly loved the episode day threads here which were insanely fun.

Attached: NANI.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

gotta get that those BD sal-
oh wait

She did, her sister killed their mother. She specifically said while smiling one of the rare times in the entire show that "Now I am free of the accursed Kiryūin karma"

She won and she was happy and on top of it she regained a precious sister that she thought had been killed.

Attached: I_have_already_won.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

Mako was annoying.
Complete Scissor blade didn't amount to much

It felt rushed to shit, the school stuff was fine but after the twist I lost interest and it felt like bootleg TTGL. Nothing really emotionally resonated with me either, nothing in KLK comes even remotely close to Simon’s final farewell to Kamina in the maze

thats boring lmao
it doesn't make up for the people she hurt

They mantained the status quo way too much, too many weeks of oh shit next week shit is getting real and then nothing happening

Fanservice is just too over the top. It's like Dragons Crown. There -is- a such thing as taking it too far. It's just not sexy at that point. Might as well make her naked. Also it was a step down in literally every single way from TTGL.

The side characters were gimmicks instead of actual characters

it didn't and it is one of my favorite shows

>Light your heart up

Attached: 19515959102.jpg (504x720, 70K)

Because it treats itself like too much of a joke. The concept is a joke. The power up is a joke. The villains are a joke. The resistance is a joke. Mako? MAKO IS A HUGE FUCKING JOKE. It tries to take the joking element and make it a serious story. Like combing PSG and TTGL. Not to mention it tries to hype up its next episode by telling the viewers in the next ep PV of how hype it is. Super full of itself.

Ryuko belongs to Sanageyama
Nonon belongs to Inumuta
Gamagori belongs to Mako
Satsuki belongs to Takarada

Doesn't the ending essentially forget the rivarly without really resolving it between them just so they can focus on a larger than life monster. This was set up well in Gurren Laggan they ended the previous story line conclusively. In klk they transitioned but I never felt her mother was that intresting as a whole. I also think the logic and internal consistency took a slow but steady dive.

The Elit 4 which wer a joy to watch also get heavily side lined in the last 1-2 episodes. I don't really remember. Eh. If that last section was actually reworked I would of liked it more. It's not bad. It certainly is good, but not masterclass because the writing quality takes a really noticeable dip.

Trigger's usual retarded plot creep in the last 1/3 of every series. Just for once I'd like the villain and conflict introduced in the first episode to remain like that. No "actually the bad guys are aliens" shite every fucking time.

Gainax has always been this way. They can't adapt to more than 3 main characters. All of the focus went to Viral, Kamina and Simon.

just this morning I listened to Satsuki's theme for the first time in a while and no, OP, Kill la Kill has never underwhelmed me.

>It tried too hard to be TTGL 2.0
that's every big-hit trigger series. they need to drop TTGL already and learn to let go. they have the soundtrack and designs down, they just need to stop fucking up the story and characters.

Can they just actually give us a threat that’s more thought provoking than aliens? Like idk, religious shit, ghost, vampires, or whatever.

Attached: CC78F5FB-5BEF-430A-9080-DFF3175571C3.jpg (750x700, 391K)

>new trigger releases
>FROM THE PRODUCERS OF GURREN LAGANN

Attached: 1551163550817.gif (480x270, 591K)

>Simon just comes off as another Shinji clone
Reading this hurt my soul

>I plan to but I doubt I'll love it (and its soundtrack) as much as KLK. Giant robot fights just don't really interest me and I found Ryuko really relatable when I was 15, whereas every time I try to watch TTGL Simon just comes off as another Shinji clone.

>he doesn't know

Attached: asdsadasd.png (1280x720, 917K)

I'm sorry, anons. I'll get to it eventually though, I think it's on Hulu. I just need to get past those first 2/3 episodes. I've seen the first 2 or 3 episodes maybe four times already.

>hulu
Jesus christ, user. At least download it you fucker.

There was no stakes to anything. Gurren Laggan knew when to kill characters, which made their comeback all the more satisfying. Despite having "kill" be in the title nobody dies. Who cares if Ryuko wins or loses a fight? If she wins she rips the clothes off of the person she was fighting and accomplishes nothing, if she loses she spends like two episodes putting her clothes back together but ultimately loses nothing. It's like the protagonist is playing on easy mode and it's boring. How is that hype? There is literally nothing to lose in these fights. It's the epitome of all style; no substance.

Attached: IMG_1171.jpg (450x750, 91K)

>There was no stakes to anything.
name one trigger and/or gainax show (that isn't NGE or diebuster) where the stakes were raised

I just listed TTGL. I only truly fell in love with the show once Kamina died.

>diebuster

sorry, meant gunbuster

Let's be honest though, who doesn't want to be Kamina?

Idk I really enjoyed TTGL(one of my most favorite shows) but I couldn't get past 4 episodes of klk. Hoping promare wows me

>muh fucking character deaths
Go watch the walking dead or something

characters don't have to die just lose something relevant that essentially they have something to stake that can't be arbitrarily written in.
Ryoku loses, then without her wardrobe she wins against them all to collect her wardrobe pieces. That part was weak. It was forced character development? She just got stronger cause she felt like it. Muh life fibers don't work like sudden power ups easier she always had them. The 'inner' dissonance thing is also bs there, cause it requires her to know. [it's also milked later not then]

Generally speaking. Stakes are important. LOGH was literally run and made relevant through stakes. Part of which later became character deaths, but falls and demotions could of been enough if done well enough

Satsuki literally won everything in KLK.

>rebelled against and stopped life fibers
>saved the world
>got revenge on her mom for what she did to her family
>turns out she had a sister
>sister forgives her and loves her back
>has loyal friends and family now
>got some new friends too
>don't have to shoulder the burden of Kiryuin
>gets to keep a giant conglomerate with a monopoly on all clothing giving her massive wealth and influence
How can you win MORE than that?

Panty got cut to shreds
Simon ended up has a homeless hobo with no friends nor money

Attached: klk satsuki resolve ryuko edge.png (1500x1092, 1.79M)

Never watched KLK, just jerked off to the porn, is it worth a watch

It's not that you need to kill off characters to make stakes but there should be some illusion of danger. Why would any one care about the fights when they only get mildly inconvenienced by losing?

>left
typical hard headed justice character

>right
typical hard headed self-centered MC

Yes. You can jerk off while watching and have a good time but it's plenty fun without needing that

You raise an excellent point

Attached: b528a60ddf495f143f8227840d6c69cb.gif (420x361, 607K)

It's ugly as sin, tonally confused, unfunny, no likable or interesting characters, weak plot with slow start/dragging middle/unfulfilling conclusion, braindead themes, generic music and a fanbase that wont shut the fuck up.

All that would be fine, i'd give it a pass... but this is the corpse of Gainax, the best anime studio of all time. I have a right to be pissed off.

Pic related is their only shot that has any real value (besides shit on purpose shows like Inferno Cop), and even then it really isn't THAT good.

Attached: IMG_0035.png (1152x800, 764K)

pretty much anyone can watch klk and find something they enjoy

some people like to fap to the girls while others fap to the visuals

This isn't a real criticism, just nitpicky as an /m/fag but the ending is reeaally similar to Kamen Rider OOO's.

High IQ post.

Attached: 9c8.jpg (499x499, 130K)

Attached: maxresdefault(3).jpg (1366x768, 81K)

Unironically because i protag is a girl so i how the show will be, so i didn't even watch it

literally no Nippels was my biggest gripe with this thing

Nice view.

The only fair criticism so far. And I fully agree. There should have been nipples.

Attached: 14210520012061.png (766x766, 208K)

"People" only like it for the cute girls. Others might like it because it's very fun.

everything after the mini tournament arc with that weird zombie ryuko was clearly rushed
it was good for a mindless watch

Aesthetically it was 20/10 but none of the themes ever resonated with me
Not to mention they did a disservice to a couple of characters and the final fight lasted too many episodes

it's one single season you fucking streamfag holy shit you make me so fucking mad you piece of underage shit

it stopped trying to be sexy after a couple episodes. a 5 minute episode of bikini warriors has more eroticism than the second half of klk.
also

I'm dissapointed because because Nui never went full psycho and flat out assasinate Ragyo like I suspected she would.

>monster-of-the-week format
>inconsequential (appears to be serious but nothing happens and nobody dies, at least before I dropped it halfway)
>expectation of it to be the next TTGL (though I'm at fault for expecting that)

Way to hyper, i dont like the animation, unfunny

>It's ugly as sin
It looks gorgeous.
>tonally confused
Absolutely not.
>unfunny
Just in virtue of avoiding the typical manzai routine of tsukkomi/bokki that 90% of japanese comedy follows, it's objectively funnyier than the vast majority of anime. And the jokes and delivery are just good in general.
>no likable or interesting characters
"likable" is up to you, "not interesting" is flat out wrong >weak plot with slow start/dragging middle/unfulfilling conclusion
All wrong. Nothing about the first part is superfluous, as it laid the foundations of all the themes, characterization, narrative and worldbuilding the show would go to develop and comclude, again fully and with perfect pacing.
>braindead themes
KLK is by far the most realized reflection of the themes all Imaishi's work is about. I'd question your understanding not only of KLK but of his filmography as a whole.
>generic music
The OST goes though so many styles, while maintaining a distinct personality, that calling it "generic" is laughable.
>All that would be fine, i'd give it a pass... but this is the corpse of Gainax, the best anime studio of all time. I have a right to be pissed off.
Judging from your comments. I don't think you've ever understood Gainax.
>Pic related is their only shot that has any real value (besides shit on purpose shows like Inferno Cop), and even then it really isn't THAT good.
The LWA OVA is good, the TV show while decent is inferior to KLK, Luluco and Gridman on pretty much every front.

Attached: 4357654.png (1280x720, 1.3M)

>Gamagori belongs to Mako
Good post.

>"not interesting" is flat out wrong
but nothing you said in that post makes ryuko interesting.

>What stops it from being one of your favorite shows?
Because there are about 18 shows that I just like a lot more than KLK. But being #19 out of hundreds ain't that bad.

That's objectly wrong. As I've already stated, Ryuko is the only character in an Imaishi anime with enough nuance in her characterization, in every detail of her behaviour, in her character arc that doesn't follow the Hero's Journey to a fault, to be called fully tridimensional.

Attached: 328721126.png (1280x720, 905K)

ryuko isn't even the most liked character in KLK as that would be satsuki, so clearly not a lot of fans share your view of what makes a character interesting.

>20% great animation, 80% shit animation with an overreliance on ugly digital tweening
What gets me is episode 4. The pinnacle of the show's lazy animation needed 26 animators. How this managed more than 6 given all the tweening and stills in the episode astounds me.

"interesting" is the word you used, not likable. Everyone is free to like a character more than the other for whatever reason, but if we're talking about complexity of the characterization, there are quantitative and qualitative aspect that aren't up to personal taste. And as far Satsuki is concerned, she's a far more simple character with a far more simple arc than Ryuko. But that doesn't mean that you can't find her more likable.

>doesn't require muh life fiber hybrid special body
>can handle Junketsu, the more powerful godrobe through her sheer will power when other people couldn't even use more than 3 star uniform
>can use most of its power without having to communicate to it
>doesn't require Scissor Blade™ the most powerful weapon that are capable of cutting through the Goku Uniforms and Kamui
>best ass and boobs

I'm just glad that best girl got a new game.

Attached: 1552295847412.jpg (850x1200, 264K)

All the sasuga and QUALITY made it great to watch though.

This is where you are wrong. Episode 4 had a bunch of alternative visuals and animation. Sure it wasn't flashy persay but it was enjoyable to watch. The only comparison in recent years would 3 Gatsu No Lion in terms of the sheer volume of different animations changes.

It didn't and it is

>The pinnacle of the show's lazy animation
Episode 4 is a masterpiece of visual comedy, not by chance storyboarded by Imaishi himself. One of the pinnacles of his storyboarding career, only comparable to RE Cutie Honey #1.
And naturally the user you quoted doesn't know what he's talking about.

Kill la kill was legitimately better than gurren laggan. Full stop

Attached: yp8ooshdx5721.jpg (600x587, 29K)

Too bad she can't handle it for more than 10 minutes before dying of asthma.

Too much fanservice

It shows Satsuki's iron will when normal people went berserk immediately after putting a 40% life fiber uniform.

Your "Iron will" won't amount to much if you can't effectively use the tools and weapons you're given to reach your goal.

She did her part. I know she's not the chosen one.

you're redefining interesting as "complexity of characterization" (which is itself subjective) for some reason.
>But that doesn't mean that you can't find her more likable.
kinda renders everything else moot if the character isn't likable. even evil assholes like griffith are liked but hated at the same time. ryuko just sucks.

KLK has the better first half and TTGL has the better second half.

>KLK has the better first half
What on Earth are you smoking? Not it does not.

But did it really need a large army of animators when other episodes needed to get done?

Attached: Credits.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

So your opinion is invalid

Let's at least admit that TTGL's theme of perseverance and moving forward was more interesting than KLK's theme of...don't be alone...appreciate your family?

Literally nothing happens in the first half of KLK. It's all episodic monster of the week bullshit.

>Simon just comes off as another Shinji clone
He gets better.

TTGL's first half had three really good parts: Kamina's death, Simon snapping out of his funk and the final showdown with Lordgenome. Apart from that, it's enjoyable but fairly unexceptional.

>TTGL's first half had three really good parts
And KLK had zero

TTGL's pacing
5/10, 5/10, 9/10/, 10/10, 5/10, 5/10
KLK's pacing
6/10, 6/10, 6/10, 6/10, 6/10, 6/10

>you're redefining interesting as "complexity of characterization"
We're talking about character writing. What would make that interesting, other than being multifaceted, nuanced, clever, meticulously planned? Possibly being expression of determinate themes and ideas the writer wanted to express, but I feel that that exceeds this discussion, and in any case, Ryuko has you covered.
>which is itself subjective
Not beyond a limited extent. Again, there are qualitative and quantitative aspects that aren't up for debate.
>kinda renders everything else moot if the character isn't likable. even evil assholes like griffith are liked but hated at the same time. ryuko just sucks.
For starters, no, it doesn't. I could read or watch a biography of Stain and find him interesting without considering him even remotely likable.
Second, I don't really see any substance to your argument beyond"she sucks because she sucks". I like her, and many other people do (not that ad populum isn't an argumentation fallacy), and I explained some of the things that make her a greatly written character.

Not really. At least wimp Simon has a personality. Adult Simon is just the most generic super robot MC you can imagine.

Nothing. Nothing at all. It got the angelic voice of Mayumi Shintani and that's all I need from a show.

Attached: 03f.gif (540x293, 1.01M)

The peaks weren't as high for most of it, but each individual episode was a lot more entertaining than the TTGL equivalent on average.

>What would make that interesting, other than being multifaceted, nuanced, clever, meticulously planned?
it's important that a character not be annoying for one.
>there are qualitative and quantitative aspects that aren't up for debate.
the weight you put in those aspects matters. hence why people can appreciate satsuki more than ryuko.
>For starters, no, it doesn't. I could read or watch a biography of Stain and find him interesting without considering him even remotely likable.
that's what i'm saying.
>Second, I don't really see any substance to your argument
i don't see any substance to yours.
>I like her, and many other people do
that's OK. the point is that nothing you've said about her objectively matters.

Where my Nuiggers at?

Attached: D25F59A9-4370-4352-A8E0-498362B6A204.jpg (600x821, 78K)

Handling stuff

Attached: big_1488994309_image.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

That's subjective. I found KLK had way lamer episodes than GL. Really shitty pointless stuff like "girl tries to steal Senketsu but completely fails and is never brought up again" or "Mako's family gets rich and becomes jerks".

Why didn't you just type "she sucks because she sucks" again? It's not like this post brought any substance whatsoever to the argument.
You couldn't define what makes character writing interesting and even contradicted yourself (points 1 and 3). Will you ever say anything of value?

I liked Simon best while interacting with young Nia. I.e. shortly after Kamina finally died, up to the timeskip. That was golden.

Attached: 1551023558419.jpg (250x219, 14K)

I just find a lot of the characters lame. TTGL had a lot of background characters the weren't necessarily deep but served a greater narrative. Meanwhile in KLK everybody aside from Ryuko seemed like giant jobbers

your posts didn't have any substance either though. you just used a bunch of synonyms for "i like her" and you tossed in words like "quantification" and "qualification" to hide it, which was pretty funny.

>That's subjective
Of course it is, I'm not gonna try and pretend my opinions are the objective truth like every third tosser here, but I also don't feel a need to start every post with "IMO". Anyway, I had to start TTGL over some three times before getting to Kamina's death, because the first few episodes, while they have some good moments, are by and large also episodic but don't have the sheer bombastic enthusiasm the KLK equivalents do.

Overall I would rate TTGL as the better show overall, even if I felt the ending was a tad unnecessary, but I enjoyed KLK more consistently and only found TTGL really good post-timeskip.

>your posts didn't have any substance either
They quite clearly did, as I went in depth on characterization and development, and how that complexity (to which quantity and quality were referred ) make her a more interesting character than any of the others in those shows.
Meanwhile, all you could say was "she sucks because she sucks" (while ignoring arguments you couldn't reply to). I ask you again, will you ever type something of substance or do I have to assume you are a rather lazy troll and stop replying?

>make her a more interesting character than any of the others in those shows.
this is the part where you fail to explain anything. i acknowledge those aspects of her. i just don't agree that those aspects make her more interesting than the other characters. nothing you posted was substantive.

KLK is above all the most extensive exploration of the dichotomy between chaos and order that is at the centre of all Imaishi's work, both in his stories and his craft.
While other works are either too goliardic and not interested to go in depth (Dead Leaves, PSG) or focus on lesser contingent aspects (Luluco's artistic manifesto of the studio, TTGL that is more Nakashima's child and leaves the topics care to Imaishi in the background), everything in KLK is service to this theme, exploring it though lenses both sociological, psychological, philosophical and stylistic. Every other theme, from family to identity to growth to community to evolving customs to commentary on japanese history to high school and adulthood satire, are all part, in function, and subordinated to this greater all encompassing frame.
It's even possible that Imaishi has exhausted the topic with KLK, which is way Luluco was a welcome change and leaves me curious for Promare next.

Attached: tumblr_nlsrmyusuu1s8sotmo1_500.gif (500x281, 1.88M)

No, this is the part where you fail to explain what qualifies as "interesting" in regards to character writing, fail to refute the claim that a character and it's arc being "multifaceted, nuanced, clever, meticulously planned" make it interesting, and fail to provide any substance to your argument other than "she sucks because she sucks".

based.

>you fail to explain what qualifies as "interesting" in regards to character writing
that's true but it applies to you too. i'm just more honest about it.
>fail to refute the claim that a character and it's arc being "multifaceted, nuanced, clever, meticulously planned" make it interesting
that's impossible to refute. if you find that interesting then you find it interesting. that's why your argument is as weak as mine.

>i'm just more honest about it.
No, you aren't. You persist in refusing what makes character writing interesting or even just likabl, not only in general but even for you alone, in order to avoid those arguments being refuted. And with this cowardly tactic, you bring absolutely nothing of interest to the discussion.

*refusing to state

>in order to avoid those arguments being refuted.
??? that doesn't even make sense. nobody can refute that. it's completely subjective. i could tell you i find satsuki more interesting because her hair is longer and that'd be just as valid as anything you had to say.
>you bring absolutely nothing of interest to the discussion.
same for you though honestly. you just list off facts about her character and then make some giant leap to "therefore interesting".

>i could tell you i find satsuki more interesting because her hair is longer
First, we're talking about character writing. Even as a silly example that isn't a good one.
Second, you could or you do? And in which case, why do you think that aspect is interesting and how you define "interesting" in this context?
>same for you though honestly
No, not same as me. I started with the intention of actually discussing the show and its writing, you know, anime, what this board is for.
While you just wanted to argue semantics and said nothing about the topic of the thread beyond "I sucks because it sucks".

Thanks for the reminder how Satsukifag maggots are the bottom of the barrel of the entire KLK fanbase.

I hope she enjoys having her used up cunt plowed by the ugly Takarada, who owns her.

>First, we're talking about character writing
no, you're talking about that.
>And in which case, why do you think that aspect is interesting and how you define "interesting" in this context?
it can't be defined. it is subjective.

It was a good run in the first half, then kind of crashed and burned with dude aliens lmao. Ditf did the same fucking thing but even worse and it actually retroactively hurt my enjoyment of klk even more, kind of like how Bioshock Infinite ruined the beauty of 1 and 2.

A lot of Trigger/Gainax shows pulled this shit but recently it's just becoming sad. At least in TTGL the space action was set up from the very beginning and was fairly well done when it happened.

Attached: 1545686384569.webm (720x630, 746K)

>no, you're talking about that.
Okay, so you admit that you never had any intention of actuially discussing the show or its characters.
>it can't be defined. it is subjective.
It certainly can be defined, especially in this specific context where we can give "interesting" and "good character writing" definitions functional to our discussion.
But as you are as you admitted not interested in discussing the show and only in discussing semantics, I see no point to.

>kind of crashed and burned with dude aliens lmao
I wish people would stop parroting this nonsense.
Not only was the reveal coherent and logic with what we had seen before, with the Godrobes functioning like parasites hybrids of Symbiotes, cold-war era "replicants" and especially the demons from Devilman, openly referenced multiple times, but the syntesis of the aforementioned Devilman, 2001 A Space Odyssey and the Genesis to explain the role of life fibers in the establishment of human society, complete with the realization and shame of their own nudity after gaining awareness as individuals and how that ties into the greater theme of identity and what nakedness means in the show, was nothing short of genius.
I can't really fathom how could anyone campare it with FranXX other than by mindlessly parroting memes.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-05-05-at-2.05.00-AM.png (832x364, 416K)

They didn’t build society lmao

It's true that they didn't,they just accelerated the human race's evolution.Society would still exist without life fibers,it would just take far longer for humans to reach that point without them..

So your analogy falls apart then, as the themes are severely weakened as humanity existed without them. Humanity could not exist without God, so the Genesis and Devilman synthesis fails.

Attached: B3607CCE-30B6-4401-9C95-93DAB02CBDBE.png (479x482, 163K)

Mindless fights

>I put this question to you, gentlemen! What is clothing?! Clothing is sin! Man's original sin! >Indeed.
>Clothing is sin.
>When man ate the forbidden fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, he became ashamed of his nakedness and covered his nethers with fig leaves.
>From the time humanity first gained free will as human beings, it has been his fate to cover his body in the clothing called sin.
>Clothing made by REVOCS is sold in 90% of the world's countries and controls an overwhelming share of the market.
>Why is that? Because we alone know man's sin and create clothing for clothing's sake! I put the question to you again! What is clothing?! >Clothing is the world! The grand will that binds the heavens, the earth, and mankind, covering all.
>Indeed.
Life fibers turned humanity from animals to creatures capable of thought and of establishing a complex society.
>Society would still exist without life fibers
Or most likely wouldn't, as any other animal could have evolved instead, and not wear clothing.
That wasn't me.

Attached: 43786012.png (1280x720, 567K)

>>Society would still exist without life fibers
>Or most likely wouldn't, as any other animal could have evolved instead, and not wear clothing.
Like Aikuro himself says in the episode, by the way.
To

So they gained knowledge because of the Tree, and they used that knowledge to put on the LFs, and consequently, the LFs helped them to become knowledgeable enough to build society. In this case, would it not be the tree that actually the Tree gave humanity self-awareness and society? It seems like Aikuro is just pretending that Life Fibers were more important than they were so that Ryuuko can feel better and more important about her goal. Who told him about this shit anyway?

>So they gained knowledge because of the Tree, and they used that knowledge to put on the LFs
Are you for real or just pretending?

Attached: 1538870489828.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

A game that plays like Metal Gear Rising would be fucking great desu

Is that not what implied? The knowledge given to humanity by the Tree made them self-aware and allowed them to feel shame, so they covered themselves up, and that exposed them to Life Fibers.

>Is that not what # implied?
No. Ragyo is paraphrasing the Scriptures to an audience of corporate executives to make her point. Life fibers were the ones who gave humanity self-awareness.
And Aikuro says that those are theories, but after it's revealed that doctor Matoi was Ragyo's husband, it's clear that he heard all from her.

So what the Tree do? Humanity became cognitive to their nudity, aware of the self. Self-awareness. Ragyo is bullshitting then, as she would have grand motive and ability to do so.

Showing no nipples literally ruined the anime for me.

KLK is still a classic to me, but I think one thing I'll never like is the reveal that Ryuuko was some sort of super baby.

But that's just me, and my distaste of this whole "Main character was secretly super special all along!" trope.

I enjoy her much more as just a high school delinquent who gets wrapped up in all the crazy bullshit of the show.

The tree gave them the ability to differentiate between good and evil.The humans saw nudity as a sin,so they wore life fibers.

It didn't. I went in with zero expectations and genuinely enjoyed it.

no

I loved it, probably my favorite TRIGGER show.

Attached: klk.jpg (1181x4312, 1.37M)

Mako ruined almost every scene she was in in the same way Marvel does with their antics. Do you want people to be invested in the current scene and care about the developments that are happening on screen, or do you want us to not take it seriously with yet another lolomgrandumb XDDDD moment? Make up your fucking mind. Side characters were infinitely more interesting than the MC and co. And Final fight was incredibly underwhelming. Zoom to space, lackluster version of previous speeches we've already heard inprevious episodes, one scissor cut, and its over? Laaaaaaaaame. What makes that doubly worse was that from beginning to end that episode was almost straight action and atmospheric reentry with shirt dude dying was a great little scene but put a dab of toothpaste into a great burger and it'll ruin the entire thing.

Should have just made Satsuki the MC and been done with it.

Hot take that fight club mako episode was terrible. Probably the worst episode of KLK next to no tardies day. Goku uniform for mako was pretty sick though, and the fight itself was nice.

>Hot take that fight club mako episode was terrible.
Great episode. By the Mob Psycho director no less.
>Probably the worst episode of KLK next to no tardies day.
And that's literally the best episode.

Attached: 3128651463.png (1280x720, 871K)

Mako is actually deep and complex and nuanced.

Is that your argument?

The argument has turned into linguistic gatekeeping, so I ended it.

>deep
No.Her whole personality is "Genki and supportive idiot"That's it.Now,that doesn't mean she's a shallow character or one without nuances,but she's not deep.

Take your 2deep4u shit outta here. You cant hide your waifu behind pomp and intellectualism when she busts into a middle of a blood-soaked fight, one combatant on the edge of losing, the animation is darker and sharper than usual to emphasize the situation at hand, the "serious and somber" track finishes playing THEN suddenly throw Mako in with a bubbly track, soften all the animation, grope a character because LOL ur bobs r beggar, scoot off with a silly sound effect and expect the situation to be taken as seriously after the fact.

Mako a shit. SHIIIIIIIT

>Mako ruined almost every scene she was in in the same way Marvel does with their antics. Do you want people to be invested in the current scene and care about the developments that are happening on screen, or do you want us to not take it seriously with yet another lolomgrandumb XDDDD moment?
Please don't compare Mako with Marvel quips. KLK knows when to make a joke and when to do not.
Did you ever notice how Mako doesn't have even a single scene together with Ragyo? That's because it would ruin the aura built around her character, that is always serious and intimidating. On the other hand Mako constantly quarrels with Nui, another chaotic inpredictable character that freely bounces between cutesy and terrifying.

Attached: 213654652431.png (1280x720, 711K)

I didn't impregnate Ryuko :'(

I didn't like it. Maybe I should just rewatch it. I tend to avoid it whenever I go through the series.

It didn't underwhelm me at all. It doesn't go the same places as TTGL, but so far it's the most perfect blend of Imaishi and Nakashima.

That one was great though.It showed us what would happen if a family that lives in poverty suddenly gained huge amounts of wealth.It's like giving a thousand dollars to a homeless guy.Instead of buying necessities,he would just buy drugs or something similiar because his money managing skills are shit.Simply put,they've gained something that everyone aroung them dreamed for their entire lives and now they're focused on securing it instead of living like an actual family.family Though I agree that Mako's sudden shift in personality was jarring though.

>It showed us what would happen if a family that lives in poverty suddenly gained huge amounts of wealth
holy FUCK who gives a shit.

She is a walking, talking, endless, and fully unnecessary Marvel quip. Satsuki was always seen as "serious and intimidating" throughout the show until Rags wiped the floor with her but even after that point she kept her stern attitude in all scenes other than the smile on the boat. Yet Mako still came in and ruined the fight in episode 3 so thats not a good point.

Every time her skits popped up hurt the scene overall when they were used as they were completely out of place and they should have been relegated to pre fight pep or post fight support. Change my mind.

Attached: 1543038694014.png (1000x1000, 350K)

it was anime of the year and Mako best girl.

>Though I agree that Mako's sudden shift in personality was jarring though.
>implying brainlets would have noticed otherwise
It also came with a comedic effect and great payoff. But one can shit on anything if you want to.

This

Not even remotely. Also your taste in reaction images is garbage.

>Nui, another chaotic inpredictable character that freely bounces between cutesy and terrifying
With a huge difference. Nui's character and theme was psychopathy and was reflected in her interactions with the other characters. When she first arrives on the scene and her ost plays it brings to mind a soulless devil child playing with an injured animal and not to get near it. She was a major threat and her appearance in scenes throughout the show kept with whatever the current vibe of the scene was and played off it more. Mako on the other hand reverses the scenes she interrupts in their entirety from the musical and art direction to the detriment of everything that led to that point.

Fuck Mako.

Your waifu sucks m8. Deal with it.

>Satsuki was always seen as "serious and intimidating" throughout the show until Rags wiped the floor with her
Well, no. While she generally was like that, she had several sweeter scenes, like those with her butler, and ironically, she smiles right at the end of Mako's episode.
This difference between the presentation of Satsuki and Ragyo can be by seen through the way Mako is used with them, compared to with any other character: absolutely never with Ragyo, and while she has scenes with Satsuki, her antics never make Satsuki the subject of hilarity, like would happen with anyone else.

Attached: 2d4.gif (500x281, 1.01M)

I'm just explaining the reason the Mankanshokus suddenly starterd behaving like they did,I'm not saying you have to care about it.

>her antics never make Satsuki the subject of hilarity
Her antics never made anyone the center of hilarity.They were just meant to help Ryuko along in fights to make her realize something. That being said she did include Satsuki in the boob speech that was entirely unneeded, much like the rest of her skits.

>Please don't compare Mako with Marvel quips.
You're right, she's much worse.

>Her antics never made anyone the center of hilarity.
They did with Ryuko almost every single time, and same with other bystanders. But you will never see Satsuki drawn in a super deformed fashion doing wacky reaction faces during a Mako skit, because the show knows better.

Attached: 8ff.jpg (500x281, 39K)

Men of culture

*Sigh* It doesn't matter if you're wrong. If you were proven wrong and decided to rewatch you wouldn't even enjoy it because it would feel like you were being forced. If you didn't like the show, then you didn't like the show. And that's ok. (because you like ttgla\nf jfnajsdf)

Attached: Sasukekun.png (1873x1044, 2.24M)

>But you will never see Satsuki drawn in a super deformed fashion doing wacky reaction faces during a Mako skit
They knew who best girl was.

You didn't have to give me nightmares user.

>ha ha look how wacky we are!
>ha ha look it's a naked teen girl, but it's okay because it's part of the story!!
Hard pass. Admittedly Ryuko is kinda hot, but I don't need to watch the show to appreciate that.

>Nonon with boobs
yeah right

Everything after episode 16, especially Ryuko's evil phase, was sloppily handled.

It was complete mess like second part of almost every symphogear season but for the entire show and without good finale.

Regarding episode 7:
-Starts with the first scene when Ryuko opens up with Senketsu about her longing for a family, after their bonding moment during thne fight against Tsumugu.
-Has all the 2 stars shitters going against Ryuko, as part of her plan leading to the Natural Elections.
-Directly showcases how the Honnouji's system works though Mako's family.
-Provides characterization and foreshadows future Ryuko developments with how she reacts to the whole situation.
-Deepened the bond between Ryuko and Mako, leading to Ryuko opening up with her in the following episode about her father, and the resolution to the fight in episode 12 when Mako is able to bring Ryuko back to her senses like she did with her in this episode.
-Is sort of a bottle episode that early on encapsulates in its microcosmos the main themes of the show, similarly to Rossiu's village episode in TTGL.

Overall a great and very important episode.

Attached: 32566431122.png (1280x720, 819K)

Complete fucking utter retard. Someone needs to write retard on your forehead with a sharpie, you retard. Go pick your ass with your finger, retard.

Attached: d5970fec2e644592f25a5a6482a7bd25.jpg (453x470, 70K)

People need to realize that TTGL was a happy mistake that just got lucky with the staff, not the writer.

Can we at least agree that the graduation OVA was trash and if anything it proved there is nowhere to expand the story after Ragyo is defeated? Or is it just me?

Attached: ozcejrjukiz4ysribt3upywc66jjtkof_hq.jpg (640x358, 36K)

Killing off the main love interest at the last second was stupid though.

Only someone who knows nothing of Nakashima would think this. Start by watching Robo Dad Strikes Back.

writers are overrated

We should have gotten GARlock Simon from the beginning.

>genndy even copied that ending
WHY?

Attached: Samurai-Jack-Finale3-750x422-e1495424338657.jpg (720x414, 166K)

>Can we at least agree that the graduation OVA was trash
No? It concluded every plot point left hanging and was great on its own right.
Comparing it with the typical useless SoL OVAs other anime get it makes you wonder how can they get away with such laziness.

Attached: 32156437534.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

I'm glad I share this space of the internet with intellectuals like you

Attached: 1547505406938.png (586x634, 276K)

Except that one actually made since because time travel was involve, with nia it just comes out of nowhere.

Watch the show next time. They explain it.

weak 2nd half
weaker finale with no satsukibutt in the final final fight

>It concluded every plot point left hanging
No it didn't. Which plot points did it resolve? It's sole merit was to expand Rei Hōōmaru character, if for some reason anyone cared about this forgettable supporting antagonist. The shadow copies, put there to prop up a meaningless fight, only raise more questions. Senketsu spirit coming back to power up Ryuko deflates their separation in episode 24. It's just a bunch of nothing, nothing matters.

Attached: QTsye6P.gif (500x554, 1020K)

Honestly, it's exactly what touches upon.

The problem with KLK, and by extension all Trigger shows, is that they completely blow their load first few episodes trying to lure people in with hype as they try to get people to anticipate the upcoming episodes. This means that by the time they get to the second half, they've ran out of steam and creative ideas, leading them to rely solely on fan memes for continued exposure,

also touches upon another problem with Trigger in general. Everything they've ever made is them trying to imitate classics made by Gainax and Madhouse (primarily TTGL, Gunbuster and Ace Wo Nerae). This means that none of their shows feel original. Only LWA is somewhat different and even then the TV series couldn't resist putting in Gunbuster and Daicon IV references.

Tl;dr Trigger have always been hacks.

>Ace Wo Nerae
Please explain.

Mako is literally Maki for one. Hence why she plays tennis.

On top of this, Ace's basic plot outline of a clumsy MC trying to defeat a haughty rival is a plot that was spoofed by Gunbuster, which was then ripped off several times by Trigger. Think about Ryuko and Satsuki, or Akko and Diana-- You'll realise it's just Hiromi and Ryuzaki with a different coat of paint. This extends right down to the two sides eventually making amends and teaming up to fight tougher opponents.

>Which plot points did it resolve?
Concluded Satsuki's character arc.
Gave Sanageyama his rematch.
Gave a glimpse of the future of the characters.
Addressed the fact that Satsuki & co were real scumbags for most of the story.
Gave use to the academy mecha that has been blatantly always there from the start.
Gave the massive scissor finisher that couldn't be used against Ragyo.
Concluded the theme of moving on.
>It's sole merit was to expand Rei Hōōmaru character, if for some reason anyone cared about this forgettable supporting antagonist. Which forced Satsuki to confront her feelings and solve her issues.
>The shadow copies, put there to prop up a meaningless fight
The fight was far from meaningless. As the reason is explained by the characters themselves I wouldn't know what to add.
>Senketsu spirit coming back to power up Ryuko deflates their separation in episode 24.
It obviously doesn't. Again it's all stated in the episode, how despite moving on you'll always bring what you cared about inside you, so what more do you want me to tell you?

Attached: 437453131.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

>The problem with KLK, and by extension all Trigger shows, is that they completely blow their load first few episodes trying to lure people in with hype as they try to get people to anticipate the upcoming episodes. This means that by the time they get to the second half, they've ran out of steam and creative ideas, leading them to rely solely on fan memes for continued exposure,
And this is all obviously incorrect, a meme perpetuated but people who don't know the shows like "le alien twist".
The only Trigger show with a significant drop in the second half is LWA, which never really sold itself on "hype". That's not a problem with KLK, not a problem with Luluco, obviously not a problem with Gridman, and obviously Kiznaiver was always crap.
>Everything they've ever made is them trying to imitate classics made by Gainax and Madhouse (primarily TTGL, Gunbuster and Ace Wo Nerae).
This point is so misguided that I wouldn't even know where to start. Why Madhouse and AWN, for starters? That show isn't more significant in Trigger's output than countless others, even other Dezaki series. The mention of TTGL, as somehow that is the only significant Imaishi works despite not being more important than any other for the evolution of his style and career, typical of someone who doesn't know his work . The mention of Gunbuster for some reason, another show not more influential on them than many others. You didn't even mention Evangelion despite it being the main (but far from only) source of inspiration for Gridman. Bah.
>This means that none of their shows feel original.
Do you want to go down that rabbit hole? Do you even know Gainax, like at all? Did none of their shows feel original because everything Anno directed was a Tomino wank and Ultraman fanfiction? Come on.
>Tl;dr Trigger have always been hacks.
The problem seems actually that you don't really know them.

>KLK
>AOTD
>not SamFlam

Attached: 1394798432210.jpg (1600x1200, 332K)

It's in the top ten all time for me.

And the threads here were so good. So amazingly good. It was airing the same time Valverave was and we would feud with them sometimes and then a year or so later I actually watched Valverave and really liked it so I felt bad later about running my mouth.

Attached: for_luck.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

Nothing will ever make nudist beach cool as it was in KLK

Attached: Sassysamwinchester+quot+i+lost+two+followers+_c52eedf00236cabbe5961684e8fba3f0.gif (292x199, 318K)

>The mention of TTGL, as somehow that is the only significant Imaishi works
It's because TTGL and PS are the only good things he's ever made, and at least TTGL was _really_ good. If not for those, people wouldn't give so much of a flying fuck.

>The problem seems actually that you don't really know them.
Nope. Their series have been pointless eyecandy since the beginning.

>It's because TTGL and PS are the only good things he's ever made
Not really. Go back and watch Dead Leaves and his OVA of RE Cutie Honey, as they easily exceed those. Seems rather that some people always mention TTGL because it's his most mainstream work, regardless of the fact that it's probably the least exemplary of his style and least personal.
>Nope. Their series have been pointless eyecandy since the beginning.
Woah, that sure showed me.

why tho?i did expect something but after going on i didn't feel like it was bad at all,i mean i don't know if i can say this but angel beats felt like a complete shit for me and all the normies there praised this shit saying that is the best title.

Satsukifags have no taste.

Ryuko has some nice buns.

It ended up not being a straight ttgl rip like I was hoping. Also triggers humor is so fucking unfunny.

This.

1. Kill la Kill
2. The Tatami Galaxy
3. Space Dandy
4. Mawaru penguindrum
5. Concrete Revolutio
6. Mob Psycho 100
7. The Dragon Dentist
8. Uchouten Kazoku
9. Space Patrol Luluco
10. Ping Pong the Animation

I hate Imaishi's meme ending. Of all the Gainax endings to catch on why this tho

Attached: 1507580999837.jpg (632x1074, 154K)

>I hate Imaishi's meme ending.

Attached: senketsu is kill la killed.webm (1280x720, 2.15M)

Expected it to end with this, but got fucking Sonic instead.

Attached: DONT YOU DARE SAY IT.jpg (299x169, 6K)