Is anything after Z good?

Is anything after Z good?

Attached: dragon-ball-super-goku-black-future-zamasu-connection-1100486-1280x0.jpg (1280x721, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rEWAgd8c_NM
youtu.be/rEi-f8qjCp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GT is a fun yet flawed alternate ending that, while not canon, gives the franchise an incredibly satisfying and definitive finale. I think that every DB fan should watch it at least once if just for the closure it can give to a franchise that is destined to go on for eternity

Attached: shot20-large (1).jpg (512x384, 77K)

The Champa tournament was ok.
Zamasu ark sucked.
And so did the universe survival ark.
The Broly movie was good.

Two words: ULTRA INSTINCT.

No

shuttup nigger, zamasu arc was kino

SSJ4 > SSGSS

LA DOCTRINA EGOISTA

>Zamasu arc sucked.
granted, the Mary Sue trunks really one of the worst thing in Super

Attached: 1472957156014.gif (1280x720, 772K)

No, i stopped watching after the saga in your pic that even though it had a better story than many other sagas it's still super so it's destined to be shit

Universe survival is infinitely better than Zamasu

They're both trash. The ToP suffers from a retarded amount of padding, but at least has a cool climax.
Zamasu's arc shoot itself in the foot at every turn by taking whatever they had that was cool and interesting and ruining it.

Super looks like a fan animation with the worst ideas ever. I know there's a lot of hype for Jiren but he looks so damn dull and boring that I thought he was a Buu transformation at first. Broly was the only good thing to come out of Super

stfu it's kino

Attached: gogetaa.jpg (1659x929, 196K)

>hype for Jiren
seriously? he was boring as fuck and in the end had the most cookie cutter origin story imaginable which they skimmed right over anyway

The only hype around Jiren was the speculation for what Goku would pull out of his ass to beat him.

Yeah, Super is fun.

Attached: 1551554282889.png (710x1000, 620K)

Beerus Arc-5/10
Frieza Arc-2/10
Champa Arc-7/10
Black Arc-6/10
Universe Survival Arc-7/10
Movie-8/10

>watching anything beyond season 3
Yikes!

Attached: 1550492302364.jpg (640x960, 70K)

>watching anything past king picollo sage

LOL

Attached: goku vs king piccolo.jpg (236x285, 13K)

>Super looks like a fan animation
It's literally made by a guy who wrote dbz doujinshi and a lot of plot elements in the show are lifted from his fanfics

Wow you have NO idea what you are talking about do you

But that's wrong you fucking retard

GT is canon for many fans, regardless of what Toriyama's bank account says nowadays

i liked freeza's reaction:
>t-that's not fair
now he knows about fusion

the only thing contradicting it is pilaf's gang being old in gt which could easily be rectified by another poorly worded wish

And the lack of any sort of God Ki in sight

>watching anything

Attached: 1479607963676.jpg (1280x1440, 304K)

>Beerus, Whis, and god ki not mentioned
>Kibito and Supreme Kai fused again
>the way hell works in GT

>The way hell works
That was inconsistent in Z too though.

why the fuck did they decide to unfuse? what point could that have possibly served?

yikes

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 18K)

They can have their own lives again. Not like they were going to accomplish anything fused.

youtu.be/rEWAgd8c_NM

you cant really blame them desu

The fused VA died apparently

What point does being fused serve at all?

That writing was pretty bad. Nigga's name is Mirai Trunks, not Mary Sue Trunks

GT is absolute shit.

Attached: 1550572631781.jpg (960x960, 126K)

Attached: CHADhan fumigation.png (1280x720, 790K)

>Super looks like a fan animation with the worst ideas ever
I feel like the people who said this are burger who didn't watch DB before DBZ. Z was even more of a fanfic than Super
>Goku is an ALIEN! His planet was destroyed and he is one of the last survivors! Like Superman!
>Picollo isn't a demon. He is an ALIEN and there is a planet filled with green people. They have their own, superior version of the dragon balls!
>this is the afterlife. this is a cool place where you can train, eat, read manga, watch TV and fight with other strong people. It's not cool being dead?
>I got this machine that let me see how strong you are! Yep. Big numbers
>This is Trunks. He got a awesome sword and a cool jacket and purple hair. He is super strong and fast and he can go super saiyan like Goku! He is so strong that killed Freeza and his dad in seconds! His true identity? He is the son of the evil Vegeta and Goku's best friend Bulma. He came from the future in his awesome time machine. (original character do not steal)
>these are #17 and #18. They used to be normal teenagers until the evil doctor gero turned them into androids with INFINITE POWER. They are super strong and super cool! They can beat a super saiyan with a single punch! (original characters do not steal)
>this is cell. the evil doctor gero made him with the cells of every relevant character. He has all the powers of your favorite characters! he looked like a bug and then he became handsome! and he came from the future like trunks! (original character do not steal)
And more. None of the ideas introduced in Super is worse than the shit introduced in Z. Super had plenty of problems, but the new ideas isn't one of them

watch the first 2 movies then pick up the show where they leave off
it's not amazing but the nostalgia is enough to make it a fun watch

Super is worse. Not that gt is good.

Super is even worse than GT.

Bullshit.

Stop being such a big contrarian

can't handle the truth? Z was the last time Dragon Ball was good.

actually, that name makes more sense than "ultra instinto" but nobody uses it because it sounds weird

no
super is literal trash and a filthy cashgrab

There are some good moments, but all in all it's pretty mediocre. I wouldn't say bad, but there is no reason for you to watch it unless you really missed DB or something. I found it to be a very unnecessary series, pretty similar to the Buu saga in that regard.

Attached: 1545011129220.jpg (467x263, 14K)

>being able to watch
>not having your brother narrate everything to you

Why did burgers name it ultra instinct? It doesn't make sense and sounds like shit

blame CR for the garbage name
it used to be limit breaker

oh yeah "Key of Selfishness" is so much better

There are plenty of ways to translate it. All of them better than ULTRA INSTINCT.

>I think that every DB fan should watch it at least once
This is a good idea.

Attached: 1522297578674.gif (500x375, 995K)

>Super is even worse than GT
I thought they are both good.

Attached: 1536328730897.jpg (500x375, 22K)

Zamasu's arc was so bad. It felt like they had all the right ideas but failed horribly to execute them properly. The way Goku behaved in that arc was one of the most cringe I have ever had while watching an anime.

the fact he forgot the senzu beans and the seal for the lid was so out of character for him

also there was one thing about the multiverse tournament that bothered me

>first goku was blamed for putting several universes in danger by starting the tournament
>since the losers get deleted
>by wait no according to whis goku actually gave the 8 reject universes a fighting chance
>since zeno was going to delete the bottom 8 anyway but now 1 of the bottom 8 gets to survive
>wait nvm no one was gonna get deleted zeno just wanted everyone to try their hardest
>but wait that means everything is ok
>but no
>several universe had massive chimpouts due to the fact they thought their universe was ending
>were countless people died
>not to mention in universe 6; many many namiks fuzed
>essentially ending the conscious beings they were in order to save their universe
>that actually wasn't in danger
>so by suggesting the tournament goku really was responsible for countless deaths

Attached: 7.png (619x396, 208K)

Everything went back to normal so how cares. Zeno is an autistic kid.

A few universe 9 degen cities being destroyed + a few dozen U6 Namekians dying is nothing compared to the eradication of 8 universes, which would have happened had Goku not suggested it

>>wait nvm no one was gonna get deleted zeno just wanted everyone to try their hardest
that shit was only in the anime

It didn't even happen in the anime. If a selfish wish had been made, the Zenos would have eliminated all the participating universes for good. Goku suggesting the tournament + 17 making that wish are what saved 8 universes

>If a selfish wish had been made, the Zenos would have eliminated all the participating universes for good.
anime only bullshit

Well yeah but he said "Goku forgetting the seal" so he was clearly talking about the anime you fucking retard

Attached: 1548298881259.gif (500x377, 698K)

There's a problem with that "goku actually saved those universes" lie.

The black arc.
There were 12 universes in Trunks timeline.
Explain that shit

Goku's bullshit put those universes in fucking danger.
Even if anyone wished those universes back the damage that was wrought by goku's bullshit basically destroyed those universes.
Chaos lives were destroyed.
The natural order of those universes and potential eternally stunted.
Entire civiliations ruined
Many at best were irrevocably damaged at worse ruined not just because of the destruction and war but because it undermined many ideas and trugths that those civilizations were built.
Religions for instance.
The belief in their hero's and even great villains that kept the universe safe and villians not as bad was ruined.
There is no unfucking universes now.
The universes that competed and lost the tournament were fucked harder then a fatass blonde dyke in an NFL dressing room.

rockthrow is a nazi faggot

That happened in the manga, retard

Good.

I don't give a fuck, retard

That was Toie trying to do damage control for Zeno. Without the "just kidding, this was just a test" shit you end up with a zeno that wanted to deleted most universes for no reason.

Zamasu could have really been amazing if they wenre't lazy fucks and put some effort into it. It still ended up being the best part of super though, since it's the only arc with an actual villain.

thats really out of character for a guy who erased 6 universes just because he became angry
and erased a entire timeline because the planet he landed on was really ugly
it makes sense for him to erase shit without a reason

We don't know the actual background of those universes tho

>for Zeno
No.
That's bullshit.
It was to prevent Goku from looking like a fucking retard or worse an undefendable monster.

Pic related is probably the best thing to come of Super. U6 tournament was shit. Survival arc was cool as a whole concept, meh in execution.

SS4 is canon.

Attached: 1537124996865.png (640x480, 248K)

>watching anything post the 7 dragonballs

Battle of Gods was alright. Ressurrection of F was bad. Zamasu arc was bad. Tournament of Power was hype and is worth checking out. Broly movie is great although not very serious.

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (1054x1350, 788K)

U6 was better than Zamasu

gt for having godlike musica and the best ss transformation, goku looking at the earth and getting sad over his weakness was pure kino.

Super music was better. GT only had the opening and one or two good tracks.

>furfags liking the champa arc
color me surprised.

Was it ever explained why Mai was a fucking toddler?

Dragon ball Super should just have been about Great Saiyaman and his wacky adventures fighitng for justice, with interjections of big bads that he fights with goku and vegeta.

explain to me why this wouldn't have been god tier. YOU CAN'T.

Because Toriyama thinks the Great Saiyaman was stupid

>God happened
>God Blue happened
It just can't be any good.

Zamasu/Black is the most interesting villain in the entire franchise, which isn't saying much. Every other villain is mustache twirling generic bad guy until they suddenly become a good guy. DBS: Broly is kino.

What do you mean? They explain several times the Pilaf gang just randomly went and wished Shen Long to be young again.

>gt for having godlike musica and the best ss transformation

Attached: 1551639952644.jpg (680x504, 47K)

>best ss transformation
No, user, no. The only good SS4 was Gogeta, adn I say this as someone who doesn't mind GT.

Everything wrong with Z stems mostly from an editorial mandate that requires to next villain to be stronger than the previous one. It's the fact and the fact that interesting characters like Raditz, Nappa, Dodoria, Zarbon, and Cui get discarded quickly, making them feel superfluous to the plot.

If Toriyama had his way, Frieza would be less of a galactic dictator and more of a Chinese Gang Boss running a protection racket.

Zamasu is an interesting villain because he's a good Supreme Kai driven mad by Goku's antics.

Black is better because it's the first time we see a "serious" Goku

>he's a good Supreme Kai
He was always a racist

I think the Broly movie was pretty good

Super does a poor job of showing why we should care about mortals. It's easier to take Zamasu's side because we barely get to visit any of the other worlds outside of filler.

HxH came out after DBZ did and it is pretty good. One of the best shounen around even.

Attached: kino.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

>It's easier to take Zamasu's side because
Not really. He killed his master and friend just because he had a different opinion. He was like a /r9k/ edgelord with superpowers.

youtu.be/rEi-f8qjCp4

Attached: 1472394154283.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Goku Black before he was found out to be Zamasu was good
Tournament of Power was pretty good
Broly movie was fantastic
Thats about it

>an incredibly satisfying and definitive finale
GT's final episode is garbage though

and that artstlye with the tiny mouths right under the nose is SO UGLY

Attached: 1dbd0716c49c72.jpg (564x555, 42K)

true and factual

npcs
gt had better ideas just bad execution
super is as unoriginal as star wars

Attached: come at me.png (1538x947, 1.43M)

>npcs
Opinion discarded

>gt had better ideas

>Wasted Uub's potential 100%
>Gave Vegeta a shitty mustache
>Z kids didn't do anything the entire series
>Pan is an obnoxious boring twat
>Piccolo kills himself just to escape the shitty series

WHAT GREAT IDEAS

Attached: 50463496744.jpg (370x432, 38K)

>Gave Vegeta a shitty mustache
But Bulma, Chichi and Bra mocking Vegeta was the only good part of GT.

I personally think the only thing about GT that should have been in Super was ss4. I think that form as the "super saiyan god" would have worked a lot better than twink Goku with red hair.

Gowasu's "opinion" was to let mortals defile the universe forever. Zamasu did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1526788332091.jpg (503x494, 40K)

he explicitly says he liked doing great saiyaman stuff but realized that the fans wanted more fighting and big bads

He is a generic JRPG villain. Nothing interesting about it.