I heard the Pokemon anime doesn't have Pokemon battles anymore

I heard the Pokemon anime doesn't have Pokemon battles anymore.
Now I know why.

Attached: magical_girl.webm (640x360, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U2UQ6PLZuAI
youtube.com/watch?v=fTwAz1JC4yI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not even Pokemon themed
Stupid as fuck

Every time I see the new Pokemon I get tempted to pick the show back up after 20 years

Same

Just pick it for the cute girls. Not like it has any other merits.

Honestly this season of the anime is so cool if you're a fan of anime, rather a fan of pokemon. It's cool to see them branch out and try different things, and execute gags and jokes like this better than previous seasons.

That being said, I want X/Y quality battles again.

Wait is this a magical girl anime now?

Cool I might actually watch pokemon for once

Does anybody else feels like alola, basically gen 6 and 7 were a fucking mistake???

Attached: 1542063775612.jpg (594x983, 90K)

Sun and Moon in a nutshell

OG: Mediocre
AG: Good
DP: Great
BW: Good
XY: Amazing
SM: Shit

Don't do it. Save yourself the pain.

>Honestly this season of the anime is so cool if you're a fan of anime, rather a fan of pokemon. It's cool to see them branch out and try different things, and execute gags and jokes like this better than previous seasons.

That's basically it. A ton of non-Pokemon fans see all the epic meme jokes and decide that Pokemon is finally cool again since Gen 1 and tune in, unaware of anything before Sun and Moon but acting like Pokemon is finally "good again"

It has everything except Pokemon battles.
>super robot fights
>magical girls
>super sentai
>heroic team rocket
>Pokemon and people dying
>aliens
>legendary Pokemon as common housepets

Not an exaggeration. Literally all of that shit has happened.
But there isn't a SINGLE POKEMON BATTLE.

It's because with Sun and Moon, Game Freak banked on trying to copy Yo-kai Watch. To the point where there is a literal Yo-kai Watch with the Z-Bracelet, Z-Powers are just ripoffs of Soultimates, and the Rotom-Dex is just a far less memorable Whisper. This obviously carried over into the anime. It's like how the Mega Evolution stuff was just a complete knockoff of Digimon.

The Gen 7 SM anime is hit or miss. You either love it or you hate it. Anyone who has watched this anime long enough to develop Stockholm Syndrome over the 20 years of cucking, tends to hate it. Especially shippers.
Gen 6 XY was awful up until the last 30 episodes, which were godly build up toward Ash winning the Pokemon League. Then he lost, and a bunch of fans got PTSD from it.

What a weird region.

Attached: 1551045802346.webm (640x360, 2.27M)

Isn't that cheating?

Evidently not

Attached: 1551001934782.jpg (1200x675, 104K)

Anything after the original 151 is shit

>garydos casts hyper beam
>magikarp shows up
>he a good boi he dindu nuffin

The Pokemon anime was never good, not even the first gen.

Digimon was better since it was at least less repetitive.

Digimon had a poor start and some shitty production value problems, but the second half of the first season was what got me into anime as much as anything. When the returned to earth there were some really surreal and bizarre episodes mixed in there.

>golf
>baseball
>ping pong
>swimming
>camping
>go carts
>RC race cars
>pro wrestling

Yes. Yes it has been.

gen 1: excellent
gen 2: good
gen 3: excellent
gen 4: mediocre
gen 5: excellent

gen 4 introduced more evolutions for existing mons and I hated that thing, but later gen 6 added mega trash and gen 7 z-moves. i just fucking cant take it

Attached: 1547611914517.jpg (250x250, 21K)

bump

>The Pokemon anime was never good, not even the first gen.
nah the indigo league is really funny and filled with some pretty interesting episodes

I just watched during the leagues.
When's the SM league?

Sometime between April and November. If you're a leaguefag, you're coming aboard at the right time this decade.

The only people who got PTSD were nonfans who watched the show for the league only and never watched anything before.

Nobody who watched since the first episode was upset.

More like the other way around since I had no investment in the series at all when Satoshi jobbed again.

Amen brother

Gliscor is a bro though

Right right right. I get you guys not liking sun n moon for it having few battles. Also I admit it does sometimes go in too hard in humor. But are people really gonna ignore some of the more hard felt moments of the show? Like silvally saving Lillie, like electro boy and the meteor pokemon... LIKE THE FUCKING STOUTLAND? fuck that moment hit me real hard cos the ep aired the week my grandmother died. And ep 108 did not help at fucking all.

I don't think so. There are still a lot of non-trolls who consider XY the pinnacle of Pokemon. Which is odd, considering how bad everything before "XYZ" was and how XYZ was heavily invested in Ash winning.
The 2016 Cleveland Indians were one of the greatest sports teams in baseball history...but nobody remembers their postseason heroics, because their historical significance is as the stepstone for a team of destiny, the 2016 Chicago Cubs.
Real nonfans would consider XYZ shit, not "best ever".

My favorite hard felt moments are whenever Lana stripped in front of other people. I felt very hard indeed.

Attached: Dy9Jh8GWwAAF_Lc.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

Can sword and shield make my dick as hard as sun and moon did?

BASED lilie.

Attached: pure.png (640x320, 244K)

Lana is a miracle of the universe, and I'll miss alola just because of her. bongland pokemon will just not be able to deliver something like her. If only because bongland is cold and nobody dare to swim in those ugly ass beaches.

You forgot to mention that even though the fights are few n far between they're all pretty good. Especially the kahuna fights. My main gripe is the whole power Rangers plot point, fuck I hate the stuff but it's bearable because it doesn't happen often.

Also bewear best pokemon and mimikyu/Pikachu rivalry is godlike.

I guess they never miss huh

>OG: Mediocre
>AG: Good
kill yourself
Ash and company had a lot of personality during the original seasons. When they reached Hoenn, Ash has zero remaining personality left

kys gen 1 boomer

I enjoyed most if not all of Gen 7(sub, dub is garbage) cos the characters were nice and their gimmicks were not overbearing (looking at you, Gen 6 waiter). The fights were all well animated and hyped. (hard to have a fav, but if I had to choose it'd be again Clermont in the gym). The evolving was hype and most important if all. They made Tierno really cool and capable(he beat ash's Pikachu with a squirtle)

Retard Ash > Competent Ash. This is why kanto and sm are the best seasons. For too long Ash has had no personality and was too good at everything for there to be any interesting development.

SM anime is surprisingly entertaining. Team Rocket still has it, and the main cast interactions are great. I love the episode where Mao gets mad and fucks off to the pokebar to get pokewasted on orange islands iced tea.

Right guys, post your fav bewear moment.

For me it's gotta be youtu.be/U2UQ6PLZuAI

Attached: bewear-1069855-1280x0.jpg (1280x721, 53K)

People like you are why the Pokemon Let's Go games are made, absolutely shitting on the rest of the franchise, dumbing down the series and having a general uncompliance with anything related to change or progress because your head is stuck in the 90's pokemania phase.

Attached: 1550105572759.jpg (400x240, 17K)

How come /padt/ can't stop talking about XY and Serena and shit on anyone who tries to talk about other seasons?

youtube.com/watch?v=fTwAz1JC4yI
This guy is showing up as a rapping Skull Grunt in next next week's episode. Thoughts?

>even Yea Forums is a genwun board
I hope you shitters realise that literally everything wrong with the pokemon franchise comes from faggots like you
Burn in hell

The current region just doesn't lend itself to crazy battles for the sake of crazy battles.
Once they get to Sword & Shield, you can expect to see some stabbing and explosions.
This season is literally a vacation to Hawaï.

mao so cute :)

And lewd

Attached: illust_73426593_20190227_204408.png (700x716, 360K)

Reminder that she shares a VA with pic related

Attached: Hoshino.Miyako.(Watashi.ni.Tenshi.ga.Maiorita!).600.2448058.jpg (535x600, 65K)

Lillie is really cute!

To be fair I would give it to her anyways if she sinked it from all the way down and over there.

>sinked
Sunk. What the fuck. Anyways my point still stands.

Mao is cute.

Attached: __mao_pokemon_pokemon_anime_pokemon_game_and_pokemon_sm_drawn_by_snowcanvas__b82c4e78cc253f5e92940ea (1800x1504, 2.5M)

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :O

i agree that megas and Z-moves were a mistake but i dont see why the additional traditional evolutions were a bad thing?

I'm going to need a webm of this for further research

Attached: water girls.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

I liked Gen 7 a lot but X and Y were genuinely the least fun I'd ever had playing pokemon

ash literally beat hapu in a pokemon battle 2 episodes ago, he also fought gladion chapters ago, and kiawe also fought tapu lele (after fighting ash in that same chapter), other memorable recent fights where rowlet vs datrix, pikachu vs zeraora then vs guzzlord, and even guzma and pheromosa are happening in soon episodes.

but I know retards who DONT EVEN WATCH the show will reply you you pretending that pokemon is not pokemon anymore when S/M has been great one of the best homages to the games so far, newsflash, S/M can be good on its own way without rivaling or antagonizing the X/Y anime, BOTH have their merits and shortcomings (and I like both, hell, I watched all of the pokemon anime and D/P is also great, even B/W had good moments too)

it just PISSES THE FUCK OUT OF ME that every couple of weeks a dumbfuck will post a webm of the pokeanime and have some assumptions of what the show is about when they havent even watched 10% of what I have watched (all the 1000 episodes) because maybe they watched like some chapters from the first season then suddenly they think they are pokeanime experts and THINK the show should cather to them when the show has already spend countless years doing its own thing and building its own fanbase of people who ACTUALLY watch the show

pic very related.

Attached: Pokerant.png (1740x504, 162K)

this picture is exactly for you, now fuck off to whatever shithole you came from.

Attached: Pokerant.png (1740x504, 162K)

>Pheromosa
Yes, this expands dong

Attached: phero consider.jpg (926x1564, 120K)

Do it, this is the best Pokemon series since Battle Frontier

xy/xyz is great for its battles and the companions are not obnoxious at all.
Sun and moon foregoes battles for more humour, too many companions so it derails a bit however its not bad with some heart warming/sad moments like mentioned. It does have battles but they are few and far between however they are of high quality (the last major one with the 4th kahuna was pretty ace).

>dumbing down the series
>the series made for young children
user...

MAO-NEEEE

I loved the Gen 6 build up. In fact, I actually liked the first 60 episodes the most (being the Serenafag that I am).

Why was XY bad before XYZ? XY was great.