At what point did berserk lose its appeal? It feels like all the things that made it good...

at what point did berserk lose its appeal? It feels like all the things that made it good, no longer exist in recent arcs.

Attached: berserk.png (1000x896, 889K)

Probably because its just too drawn out between creation that it's not a true cohesive experience after ganishka. That's just my opinion, I still think current Berserk is top tier but I'll always like this shit.

>at what point did berserk lose its appeal?
It didn't. I'm inclined to believe that at the end, many members of the current party will die. We're not off that boat yet.

>after ganishka
Good benchmark.
The storyline split into too many independent narratives.
Of course they'll all rejoin during the finale in some fashion but
the finale will never happen.
The boat was the final straw, at least before then there was a semblance of progression.

I don't even care about them dude, even if they die it won't phase me they're a bunch of wack shounen characters anyway

Guts cares. Surely you would find it interesting when Guts loses it for good.

If you ask me
Daiba, Silat and the Tapasa will die.
Serpico and Guts will die.
Femto and the Skull Knight will die.
Most from the new Band of the Falcon will die.
Roderick will die.
Guts' Beherit is actually Farneses or Rickerts.

Conviction already was pretty stupid. Because it was the beginning of a dragged out story.

Its speedreaders like you who ruin berserk threads. "shounen characters" What does that even mean?

the only drop in quality was fantasia with the pirate kraken arc and that wasnt very long
berserk has been consistently amazing for the rest of it, people just don't like how it changes focus throughout

I wouldn't go that far. Having Griffith reincarnated was good.

It means they are typical showmen characters

Yes but why?

>mobile posters

when Miura started putting moe shit in his work

I don’t know, that guy left probably

>what does that even mean

low iq post

Falconia

Miura said there was no way he could give such a dark story an equally dark ending however, so we're in for some fairytale happy ever after shit.

When generic fantasy creatures started showing up instead of the eldritch horrors we got at the start

Attached: berserk-1592637.jpg (761x1100, 239K)

Have there been any chapters since casca became unretarded? I haven't bothered to check in a long time.

Attached: 0290-007.jpg (1132x1600, 459K)

Just some Griffithshit.

How do you fix berserk?

finish it

Attached: hehehehev2.png (954x1019, 165K)

Because before it was just Guts ripping through dudes for pages and pages on end, from one dark castle with a horrifying apostle to the next, a sublime contrasting relationship with Griffith, and Puck for a bit of comic relief and grounding. It was peak dark fantasy. Now he's running around with his shounen party and fucking saving civilians. And while I think Isidro and Farnese are great characters, Schierke is an absolutely worthless humorless cunt shoehorned into Guts' life that only pedophiles like and the whole thing takes away from the utterly grim fairy tale it used to be

Really hope it's all just a setup for Eclipse 2: Electric Boogaloo. Please Miura

Biggest problem is pacing. I feel like Casca recovery is everything. And we have had most of that emotionally pay off. Or at the most that's like a chapter or 2 in length? What happens at the end of an arc. Generally a lull where you get set up and things start to move again.

Muira also wrote himself into a time skip to let that happen properly.
The above is the biggest problem with berserk. The pacing of it all currently. I'll also fight anyone who thinks the dumb fantasy stuff doesn't make thematic sense and is incoherent to the narrative progression and evolution as a whole.
This is as someone who though lost children was berserk at it's best and loved conviction and the original black swordsman arc.

what about Guts' revenge? Casca is just a detail.

How much of that is relevant currently? Like when was the last panel where guts was enthusiastic about it? Las time he mentioned it he was rather apathetic.
Big faggot bird man is doing his thing. So yeah.

After the lost children, now its just a troll manga, we waited so long for C as C za to get her mind back, and all we got was a bunch of dick monsters and an immediate perspective change to griffith. Even a pointless one at that. Its like we waited years for a solid resolution for casca and now this im done at this point

Attached: Shierke and the NAUGHTY tentacle.png (1200x1232, 1.35M)

>at what point did berserk lose its appeal?
Well, I remember this one part where Berserk still had it's old tone of the grimness of reality and a bunch of trolls where raping and murdering everything in their path. Thankfully, an autistic loli showed up and defeated them with the power of asspull.
Said loli never experienced hardship like all other characters, even children like Jill and Rosine, and constantly acts above those who can handle real threats relying solely on their own physical and mental capability - Isidoro.

In order to adapt the tone of the story to her worthless tumblrina mentality, no one ever gets buttfucked, raped, faced with serious threats and the entire issue with fighting and struggling is centered around unrealistic cartoony battles with faggots, pirates n shit and whatnot.

Attached: trollz.jpg (769x1100, 329K)

when it actually stopped having a "regular" release schedule

bumbp

The boat. Everything involving the Sea God was completely useless, it should have cut right to Falconia/Elfhelm. I never felt the story became soft but it definitely became unfocused and the release scheduling killed its momentum dead.

>I never felt the story became soft
Totally. I shit my pants when those runt-faced goblin elders showed up in chapter 345. Imagined them raping all those loli witches so they grow up into masochistic sluts, I'm still having nightmares.

Attached: berserk hardcore.jpg (1000x1438, 1002K)

I had a dream that I went to sleep one day and woke up 40 years in the future.

One of the first things I did was look up what happened to Berserk. My inquiry yielded no answers because Miura had died in 2021 of heart failure and the last chapter was 361. He left no instructions as to how to finish it and it was never given a proper conclusion.

The Sea God arc was awful and is the only moment in Berserk that felt like filler. Aside from the mermaid bitch, who fell into a useless background character, it had zero lasting effect on the characters.

Attached: 1551609365088.png (159x461, 6K)