An hour into Tales from Earthsea, Miyazaki bolted from the theater to have a cigarette, saying...

>An hour into Tales from Earthsea, Miyazaki bolted from the theater to have a cigarette, saying, “It feels like I was sitting there for about three hours.”
>Miyazaki returned and watched the rest of the film. When it finished, he was asked for what he thought. He replied, “I saw my own child. He hasn’t become an adult. That’s all.”
>Then, he paused and said, “It’s good that he made one movie. With that, he should stop [making movies].”

Attached: 03.webm (640x360, 1.04M)

There was an interview about his son were he shed more light on this. He said that he felt like his son was not prepared to direct a movie and that before that he should learn all the process involved on it, just like Miyazaki himself did, instead of just giving him the role of director for being his son. Takahata who is less rough than Miyazaki insisted on letting him direct a movie and Tales of Earthsea came to be.
Considering how shitty that movie was we can conclude that Miyazaki did nothing wrong.

Isn't sad, Goro?

Attached: Hideaki-Anno-anime.jpg (276x330, 23K)

Imagine being his son and seeing this

Attached: 1502927923343.jpg (722x690, 103K)

Son should have listened when he was told that he was not prepared.

Harsh but fair.

Attached: Miyazaki7.jpg (790x990, 286K)

Wasn't it Suzuki who had the brilliant idea of this publicity stunt?

Based.

maybe you're right and I'm confusing them, but I remember that it was a close friend of Miyazaki who pitched the idea of letting his son direct

Most based man in this rotten industry full of self-hating otakus.

He either has daddy issues or already stopped giving a fuck about what the pretentious elitist cunt he has for a father thinks.
Hopefully the latter.

And then Goro directed From up on Poppy Hill with was considerably better.

But still mediocre.

truth to be said, Earthsea was utterly shit

Miyazaki helped him direct that though

I like people who arent hypocrites but to be honest miyazaki sounds more like a cunt than an honest person

Hayao is such a kind and caring father

>celebrity now relevant only when causing controversy causes controversy
whoa

Miyazaki's a harsh, harsh man. But it's never an unrighteous harshness.

Attached: 1523497488064.jpg (600x325, 24K)

I have never finished a Miyazaki movie

>LOOK HOW META I AM MOM!
kurrenju

You just posted a pic of him being unrighteously harsh

senile fool

> [a] child. He hasn’t become an adult
A perfect phrase to describe people who unironically watch Miyazaki films.

What did he mean by this, and was he right?

Attached: 1539866126874.jpg (640x357, 35K)

Miyazaki hates it that Otaku shamelessly indulge in cunny while he has to repress himself.

Attached: illya_trio_drunk.png (1386x1079, 798K)

>Most based man
That ain't setting the bar really high...

There's constructive and destructive criticism Both may be valid or fallacious but one is conductive to creation while the other isn't.

Earthsea was fucking garbage except for the creature design near the end, so it's not really suprising.

t. Someone who has actually read Earthsea

And yet, all Miyazaki remains the shitty Jap knockoff Walt Disney. Ghibli is awful. Pretty animation though.
Hidetaka is the real Miyazaki.

Attached: 1544035382615.jpg (247x244, 16K)

>My son failed in the task he wasn't ready for
Not
>I failed to prepare my son for the task I gave him

Miyazaki is a weird man, he wanted to direct a parasyte movie but was cucked out of it by a american licensor who did nothing with it.