What does Yea Forums think of this movie?

What does Yea Forums think of this movie?

never seen anyone talk about it.

Attached: The_Sky_Crawlers_Cover.jpg (265x376, 17K)

Typical Oshii pretentiousness (and basset hounds) out the wazoo.

literally fell asleep twice trying to watch it.
i'd rather read a book.

It's way too slow but I liked it better than Jin-Roh.

It was alright, never understood the 'message' of it though

Oshii's best directed film. Suits his styles the best. Also was the easiest to understand. The original author of the novels also liked the movie even though it was a lot different than the source.

I liked it.

I fell asleep for the middle third of the movie and never bothered to watch what I missed. Absolutely unforgivably boring. What an awful way to end your career as a director.

What I really, really liked about this movie is that it's fundamentally about a video game.

The Teacher is the guy playing the game, who becomes stronger through accumulating experience. But the Kildren are 'born' because of him, as he wants to keep playing i.e. Keep the war going. The strange, stunted lives of the Kildren are basically what it's like to be an NPC, down to the same guy being sent to the same goddamn base.

It's not a very exciting movie, but the concept's there.

Oshii is still active in live action film

>3DCG planes

Which reminds me, Next Generation subs when?

It's a great film. It doesn't attempt to mean anything big despite using big concepts.

thats probably why most people wouldnt want to watch it... which is shame since it is good

great film

Was the Wii game good?

Overall the movie is fine but it's painfully fucking slow, probably double the length it needed to be or something

Is it really though? Not saying you're outright wrong but the concept can be applied to time loops, "soft" reincarnation, cloning or a bunch of other shit, is there any grounding to what you're saying or is it just an "Ash is actually in a coma" or "It was all a dream" tier theory?

>Naruto Shippuden character design
>CGI dogfights
Oshii's ugliest film to date, and that includes GitS 2.0.

>live action film
I am literally incapable of enjoying things that aren't animated. But I also understand why people like Oshii and Urobuchi have distanced themselves from anime. Both were being handed these ugly CGI ridden productions (Sky crawlers, Expelled from Paradise) when their names alone should have warranted big budget products where they could let their full unbridled creative freedom run wild.

I liked the game better

>awkwardly namedropping Camus in the first 5 minutes
Yikes.

Anybody actually think hand-drawn aerial combats look better than CGI?

Attached: 1470045454533.webm (650x488, 2.86M)

I liked live action Patlabor desu. It was an interesting return to Oshii's comedic style

so... is anyone here gonna tell us if the Wii game was good? has anyone even played it at all? the wikipedia page for it is basically nonexistent...