Is it really that bad?

Is it really that bad?

Attached: ichigo_manga.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Bleach-chapter-12-page-9.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, it just wasn't really appropriate for WSJ or its audience, which lead to a lot of editor interference and an early grave for the series

It's bretty gud until you reach the Soul Societitty Arc. Then it goes downhill because the author forgot what the theme was and instead moves into ZOMG STRONG FOES COOL BATTLES

No, just finished it. The last arc is disappointing but it has some good moments. I enjoyed it a lot.

Attached: 61AEE3E7-DC51-46A6-8D4E-F241A838A6FD.jpg (246x191, 34K)

Despite what MUH SOUL SOCIETY purists say, the other arcs are indeed pretty good and have great moments.

>the author forgot what the theme was
And what was that theme?

I remember that autistic bleachfag website explaining how that was the peak of his character development and whatnot. Maybe for a lvl5 reader it's a good arc but it feels weird as a part of the manga as a whole. After Aizen's defeat you can jump to the quincy war and you wouldn't miss too much.

Shinigami's Tales is great
Soul Society is Kino
Arrancar and Hueco Mundo Arc are good
Back to the Pendulum/Past arc is kino.
Fake KT is wasted potential, is decent, but it's disappointing since it could've been much better.
Fullbring is okay. Tsukishima and Ginjo were cool characters.
TYWB first half is kino.
TYWB is a rushed disappointment, but it still has some decent parts here and there.

Overall it's a 6-7/10 series depending on how much you like shonen shit.

Attached: 1551910349706.jpg (2845x2259, 1.36M)

Youd just miss how Ichigo got his powers back and the introductions of fullbringers that played crutial roles in the final arc

Its neither particularity bad or good, like most long running shounen it loses its momentum about halfway through but otherwise its an enjoyable read. Shounenfags tend to scramble to shit on anything that isn't their personal holy grail so thats where all the shitposting comes from.

The series is best summed up as wasted potential. It has a good cast, designs and settings, but the worldbuilding is so inconsistent it turns out to be non-existent and Kubo couldn't handle the large cast and most of them just languishes in the background after the arc they were introduced in.

>worldbuilding is so inconsistent
How so?

How is the worldbuilding inconsistent?
>inb4 he ask what happens when people die in SS

>inb4 he ask what happens when people die in SS
Not so much that as SS being poorly thought out in general. Aging in SS seems to be random and it might depend on something vague like reiatsu levels, but people there just age at different rates and it's not explained how. Do only Japanese people go to SS when they die? There's a oneshot years after the series that includes a British branch, which was never alluded to earlier. What kind of coordination is there between eventual different soul societies?
It just hasn't got much system and things are made up as Kubo seems fit with little explanation.

God awful pacing, and blame it on editors or him being sick or whatever, but he was terrible at setting things up for later reveals. They either disappointed or got straight up forgotten.
Eventually it stopped being a story and became a "spectacle" of abilities, the characters themselves becoming nothing but tools to serve those scenes, devoid of most of their personality

At least Kubo became a fashion designer like he always wanted.

Attached: 1544151587922.jpg (640x775, 106K)

>it might depend on something vague like reiatsu levels
Its exactly like that
>but people there just age at different rates and it's not explained how
More reiatsu = longer life
>a British branch, which was never alluded to earlier
Actually yes it was. The translations left it out
>What kind of coordination is there between eventual different soul societies?
"Stay on your lane"

>but he was terrible at setting things up for later reveals
Again, how so?

Your post is lacking substance

>More reiatsu = longer life
It's not only about lifespan, but also how fast you age. Some look young forever, some grow from a child to an adult in the span others age visibly by around 3 years, and it doesn't merely look like spirit power. Gin and Rangiku, Hinamori and Hitsugaya look like they age about the same, but Gin is much stronger than Rangiku, Hitsugaya much stronger than Hinamori and so on. Ichika ages at the same rate as Kazui. Everyone just ages as it is convenient.

>but also how fast you age
Well yeah, I thought that much was implicit
>Some look young forever
Yes, because they have high spirit power and "relatively" young. For example: Yamamoto is stronger than Unohana, yet looks older, because even with comparatively slower aging he still is at least 1000 year older than her
>Ichika ages at the same rate as Kazui
Ichika is weak

>fullbringers played crutial roles in the final arc

Attached: 1446125372287.jpg (728x518, 208K)

All pf those can be considered a case by case basis; Rangiku would have been more powerful if she hadn't had a piece of her taken by Aizen, Hitsugaya's aging seems to be connected to his ice powers. A better example would be Renji and Rukia, they are both similar in power level and age at the same rate. Children aging faster can be attributed to puberty, they become teenagers quickly but will slow down when the reach adulthood.

Then explain Gin and Hitsugaya who were said to be incredibly strong child prodigies, in a way that's consistent to the world building and not "they had to age at the same rate as their weaker waifus to avoid /ss".

Not only that it took him too many chapters to get to the reveal, he tended to often have multiple at the same time.
>Character about to reveal a hidden ability (which is far from the last time he does it), move to a different fight/location
>Mysterious foot shows up, is it friend or foe? Move to yet another fight/location
>Bunch of random characters die to an enemy, suddenly they get hit by an ability coming from somewhere. Move to another fight/location
When you take too long to reveal something or overwhelm the reader with a bunch of these at once, or worse you do both, they ALL lose the suspense they're supposed to build up.
It can be done right where you build up tons of hype and give the reader and explosion of reveals all at once, but that's the thing it has to be done right. It can't be half-assed and you have to be a damn good writer to do it, but it somehow felt like Kubo was obsessed with doing it despite him not being good at it

>All pf those can be considered a case by case basis
Yes and that just highlights how vague the worldbuilding is. You just have to assume stuff and guess.

Bleach is a good series. The only bad parts are the last 20 or so last chapters of the manga. And depending on the person the Fullbring saga.

Will you autists ever provide any proof to these retarded claims? Bleach's superiority to other manga must have left you salty cucks brain dead.

You will hear from my lawyer

Yukio and Riruka used their pocket dimention powers to get Ichigo´s party into the Royal Palace after Yhwach transformed it. And of course Tsukishima helped repair Ichigo´s Bankai.

Attached: 16345_1.webm (900x550, 577K)

Why the fuck do only Japanese people go to heaven?

What the fuck are you even talking about? Can you be less vague?

Again, please be more specific. You seem to be generalizing.

Its called context, try using your brain.

Burn T_hE witCH seems to point towards there being multiple "other worlds"

For the same reason Dantes Hell was full of people he disliked.

Kubo is a fucking retard. They're fucking ghosts, why introduce aging to them in the first place?

You might as well ask why all manga take place in Japan.

Kubo has a great imagination but is shit at actualizing it.

Hell/SS concept of good/evil is also inconsistent. You can be just as evil in Soul Society and twisted as a person as in the real world. And your twisted actions can affect the real world if you are strong enough and affect/kill others in Soul Society.

For instance Urahara managed a prison of such evil individuals. The reason why this is stupid is because Soul Society should already WEED out such individuals to Hell(which is never explored). Or individuals like Aizen etc. should already be weeded out from the start.

Unless you want to say, this only applies to people born in the real world who comes to SS. And that those born in SS can still become evil. But even then, people having children in Soul Society also makes no fucking sense as where do the souls of their children come from?

Not an argument. Your claim was the worldbuilding is inconsistent, now you're claiming that its consistent but you don't like it regardess.

Hell is reserved for Hollows in case you somehow missed that. Bad people can go to Soul Society or have been born there. You seem to be caught up on the idea that a Japanese afterlife must for some reason conform to your Western religious beliefs.

>They're fucking ghosts
Wrong. SS works just like the human world, except for the super powers

>Urahara managed a prison of such evil individuals
It wasnt a prison for evil people, it was a prison for potentially dangerous people, no one there actually commited a crime. And if they wanted to get rid of them theyd just kill them. People who die in SS are reincarnated into the human world as completely new being
>Hell is reserved for Hollows
No it isnt, anyone can go to hell, the bar just seems to be pretty high

is that the zombie tranny?

>No it isnt
So you didn't read the manga...?

Dumbass speedreaderfag

Hell is not for Hollows, thats Loc Noches. Did you even read the first arc?

Your actions as a Hollow does NOT affect whether you go to heaven(SS) or hell. A Serial Killer turned into a Hollow in the real world will go to hel, while a good person who became a hollow from staying too long without being released by a shinigami and killed people as a hollow will still go to heaven(SS).

Shrieker was purified of his sins as a hollow but still went to hell for his sins as a human

You mean only two.
This is a whole new world, they literally left Japan.

Trap you stupid fuck, stop conflating your retarded 3DPD bullshit with manga.

Ichigo is the worst protagonist ever
The espada arc was good but the espada were still wasted potential
Fulbringers were fucking retarded
TYWB is the worst final arc I've ever seen in a shounen

>You mean only two
Source for this?

Las Noches is a fortress built by Aizen in the Hueco Mundo. Hollows dont go specifically to Las Noches, they go generally (?) to Hueco Mundo

>implying they aren't the same
take your estrogen pills dudes.

I repeat, stop with this bullshit you piece of shit, no one cares about your bullshit that doesn't belong here

(You)

Read it and come to your own conclusion.

Attached: 1531423232853.jpg (2896x2260, 705K)

There has never been evidence for more soul societies.

I miss my five ambulances man.

Attached: five ambulances man.jpg (728x1160, 169K)

cope

Did you read the fucking manga or are you anime only fag?
It started after the SS arc, whenever multiple fights or just events happened Kubo was never good at giving them enough time, jumping through all of them whenever something supposedly suspenseful happened. Fake Karakura had the biggest problem with that. You expect to see what happens in the next chapter but nope, next few chapters are about another fight happening somewhere else.
>You seem to be generalizing
Exactly, because it happened in all his arcs. It's not one or two specific moments

If there is two why can't there be more? There is literally no reason for there not to be more.

Feel free to show me anywhere in the Bleach manga that says non-hollows go to Hell. Its a dropped concept anyways so I'm hardly invested in defending it.

The focus is still Japan and its cultural associations with life after death; see Burn the Witch if you want Kubo's take on a western afterlife.

>Letting in Potentially Dangerous people into heaven
Do you not see how thats shit worldbuilding? Why would you allow people to have the ability/or will to kill others in your heaven into heaven.

>still can't provide a single example to prove his point
Don't worry, I'll wait.

You keep calling it "heaven". Pro Tip: its literally not heaven, at least not what (You) would consider heaven.

>A main character that solely exists to be a vector for the plot, and not actually have any weight on the story besides firmly enforcing the status quo beyond SS arc
>Said MC having a blast power, temporary super speed that got outscaled immediately, and sporadic as the author needs it high speed regeneration, along with probably the least interesting battle paneling of the characters,i.e. nothing to at least make his fights interesting, since he isn't there for meaningful character purposes
>Thrown together, rarely fleshed out world building that keeps promising for more down the line
>The only characters that do actively seek anything keep throwing their motivations down the line
>Good at introducing a character, making them flashy for a bit, and then throwing them to the side
>Has to release post production books to try to salvage itself
>Mexico

chapter 12. please gtfo speedreader faggot.

its not a dropped concept. its fucking canon you fucking fuck

Attached: dumbassfaggot.jpg (697x1100, 137K)

It semse I didnt explain myself correctly. The people in that prison were there because the Gotei 13 are paranoid fucks. Also SS is heaven in name only

It seems*

>doesn't even realise that the page he posted proves my argument
Wew

Where did hollow bro go?

Attached: D1EfjeWVYAEBlW-.jpg (800x1200, 171K)

>being this disconected from reality

>still no argument

just because something isn't developed more upon, doesn't mean its not fucking canon. Do you see it being ret-conned anywhere else later? No? Then GTFO

>Feel free to show me anywhere in the Bleach manga that says non-hollows go to Hell
>posts page that specifically states only hollows can go to hell
Wew

Which is why its literally never mentioned past the first arc... okay kid

I wouldn't call it heaven, if Hell didn't exist already. Kubo brought it upon himself.

if people simply went to Soul Society regardless of their Sins in order to be reincarnated through Soul Society, the series would be far more consistent.

hallibel doesn't belong in tier one
otherwise ok list

mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Bleach-chapter-12-page-9.html
Have a better translation

Lilynette and Yachiru are literally manifestations of someone's power, though.

Except I provided 2 examples that should give someone that actually read the fucking thing a very good idea of what fights I'm talking about, in this post If you're also expecting the chapter numbers of everything I talked about, for a manga that has hundreds of chapters and ended years ago, you keep waiting fucknut. Hold your breath

If it had really strong themes it would have been able to work in spite of stuff like this, but all it has is shallow allusions that don't do anything for it.

>STILL no example

Launch from dragonball must not be a canon character either by that logic.
I think you are just trryharding to not admit you are a Speedreadfag. So ok kid

Your post is, ironically, nothing but a shallow allusion

"Hell" isn't exclusive to Western religion, retard.

>this list
what happened to the original one. pretty sure it was different.

>I wouldn't
That sounds like a (You) problem.

>no u
Yup, that's a bleach poster

>le cherrypicked translation argument

Like Launch, you could take it out of the manga and nothing would be missed. I imagine Kubo tried to elaborate on it with the Hell movie but we all know how that ended up.

>no argument
Yup, that´s a shitposter

Anyone can make a vague strawman claim, I'm asking you to a) give an example directly from the manga, and b) expin what is bad about it. If you can't do that, then have a (You).

You already proved my argument correct though...? Citing a more vague translation when the first one directly proves my case doesn't help your argument.

Maybe user. Did Kubo ever say why we there wasn't any help from the other Soul Society when Japan SS was being burned down?
But the UK isn't a monolith for everything in the West. If Japan got it's own nifty soul Society, even though it's mostly based on Chinese beliefs, then so should every country. Perhaps I sound petty but it's the little things that bother me.

t.homosexual

It's really amazing to think how if kubo just did most of the creative heavy lifting, but someone else was in charge of the overall writing and stringing things together, Bleach could have been great.

>You already proved my argument correct though...?
>implying implications
Cope

I feel like you missed the point somewhere...

Still waiting.

Hallibel has no personnality and a mid tier design t best
she's shitty yoruichi copycat

You're thinking of the Shounen Jump Editorial Department, and for all purposes they fucked the story up more than Kubo did.

>and a mid tier design t best
Yeah, you can just stop posting you tranny faggot.

Attached: 507.jpg (480x531, 31K)

>still coping
Yes you are

Nope just waiting for you to prove me wrong... which you can't seem to do? Maybe take your own advice and, you know, cope.

>Good guy gets beaten the shit out of him
>Oh wait, I had/I have unlocked this new bankai which is perfect to counter yours!
Repeat that over +30 times and that's basically all the last long ass arc, introduce the squad 0 and make them the only ones to job, rush the ending too and that's it.

>waiting for you to prove me wrong
Already did you just cant accept it, meaning, coping

Good joke user, cope ;^)

>n-n-n-n-no u!!!
Pathetic

Pathetic is you continuing this discussion when the retard we were BOTH replying to already stopped posting.

We're on the same side user. Cope.

The absolute state of bleach

Oh look an even bigger retard

>we were BOTH replying to already stopped posting
What? user who do you think I am?

Only retarded plotfags hate Bleach.

Yes

Renji's bankai was the best
that is all I have to say

I don't care, sounds like you got butthurt over nothing. So are you done now or...?

Which one? Hihou or So'ou?

so'ou
hihiou never accomplished anything and looked kinda dumb

All bleachfags are either retarded or baiting. Arguing with them is a waste of time.

>still no examples

Cope