ITT

Moments where the author had to spoonfeed his audience because he thinks they are brainlets

Attached: 1541306297.png (929x1300, 248K)

Attached: 0388-018.png (877x1300, 201K)

Honestly, what is the point of the second part?
The first two panels are more than enough for explanation.
If anything that graphic makes it more confusing that it actually is.

When is it coming back?

Attached: 117287945_1098x1464.jpg (1098x1464, 309K)

jesus fucking christ, just write a book, stop wasting time drawing since you cant or wont simply draw it.

>because he thinks they are brainlets
That's an entirely correct assumption in Togashi's case.

I instantly knew the drawbacks the moment i saw him enraged, but Togashi just made sure that brainlets can follow suit.

Attached: 306.jpg (1060x1600, 1014K)

basically the entire SW arc

Blame mangastream

Why, did they erase all the drawings because of the massive amount of text?

That was sarcasm. Togashi still only draw two panels and fills the other with text. Whether the translation is faulty or not is irrelevant.

It's amazing how much he has to spoonfeed and people still think that Gon-san and oh my rubber snake are asspulls. It really says a lot about the shounen fanbase.

This

but they are asspulls

IT JUST WORKS

>there are manga pages with text and no art
>people think it's bad
>there are manga pages with art and no text
>people think it's great

By your logic, every page should have art and text. Yet almost every manga has pages of just art. Berserk's last chapter with Guts were pages of no text whatsoever, but your brainlet mind doesn't complain about that because you like pretty pictures.

based

You're the reason why Togashi spoonfeeds.

>If anything that graphic makes it more confusing that it actually is.
This.

Well yes. Do you watch movie just to see a bunch of texts scroll upwards? It's a matter of medium, and with that much text, he would be better off writing for LN.

It is known.

Comics are at their core a sequence of image panels.
It shouldn't necessarily have text but if you doesn't have images you're not drawing comics.

IT JUST WORKS!!!

Most movies don't have text. What a horrible analogy you're making. An LN would be fine, except that there are other pages in which Togashi draws a lot of and no text, so I don't see what point are you trying to make. Maybe you just didn't like that page, which is fine but throughout all arcs Togashi has always done this shit, it's a little bit late to be complaining about it now don't you think?

I still have no idea how the ability works no matter how much i reread the explanation

Oh wow, no text what a hack.

Music is also a medium that has to have a melody or a rhythm by normal standards, yet there are songs that have people talking. In Guns n' Roses Civil War, the entire first minute is just talking before getting into the actual music. There are always pauses in music as well but I doubt you'll complain about those. It's the same thing with Togashi. He spams text in some pages and has other pages without text. It's his style, it's always been that way.

Attached: 1.jpg (717x1079, 42K)

A manga not having many pictures during an exposition scene isn't that different than when anime has very little animation during the same scenes. Dialog and art are both aspects of the medium and they don't always need to be a 50-50 split.

Well, it's dog shit. And so are Guns and Roses.

>Most movies don't have text. What a horrible analogy you're making.
Not user. Well Text walls are something common but it's a question of presentation of how accepted it is. For example the Star Wars text scroll is quite beloved and iconic throughout the world while others like the notorious bad Alone in the Dark movie gets constantly shit on.
Sometimes text heavy can work, if it is good presented. People tend to say this is not the case with Togashis art and storytelling.

Because manga is a visual fucking medium. You can artistically choose to have no text. It's also possible to artistically choose to have no visuals for a panel, but this is very rare and certainly not what HxH does (for example the famous "the heart" panel).
In short try judging things on actual merit rather than having to autistically sort everything into categories and maybe you'll start understanding why people think HxH is a joke.

Probably should've used dialogue instead. Showing nothing but a black screen as we hear people talking. I do agree it's a horrible analogy, but eh, we're all just user here.
>Maybe you just didn't like that page
Not maybe, definitely. I can stomach a page full of text, but one with panels rub me the wrong way.

When's HxH coming back? Tired of waiting for decent manga to not be on hiatus.

You can argue whether or not it's effective, but people are arguing about the fact that there aren't any pictures. Don't move the goalpost.
A manga page can have no pictures and be full of text, it doesn't necessarily make it good or bad but it's the content what's important. I think that people dismissing it with where's my pictures are fucking retarded.

In July with 20 chapters.

It's only bad when HxH does it :') Show don't tell, amirite?
>inb4 it has drawings
So does that cherrypicked page from ch 388

Attached: DG2kiDOUAAAavQp.jpg (1200x1002, 383K)

I think that there are multiple problems with that page.
The thinking is from someone that the audience doesn't care about. The ideas passed around are boring and nothing new to the reader. The only character trait that this seems to set up is that Rihan is overly cautious which is also a boring trait. It's stale as fuck and I don't blame you for disliking it. We've had lots and lots of text in previous arcs but this is the first one that seems to be completely pointless because other text dumps have always been explaining rules of something but Togashi didn't need to devote a page to Rihan's thinking.

Read Dorohedoro or Buddha. There's a lot of good manga that you should catch up to.

For every page that is a wall of text I swear a chapter later there will be pages of little to no text and sometimes outright spreads so I really don't get why people feel there is some imbalance.

that conan page is bad too, but at least is has drawings in the panels

Yes, because characters making the thinking poste adds so much value to each panel. In that HxH page, we knew which characters were talking so it was totally fine.

>It's his style, it's always been that way.
Just because it's his style doesn't make it good.

Your pic related works because has nothing to do with exposition, the black panels are part of the visual storytelling.

thinking pose*

based hunterchad

I honestly don't like this guy's abilty. Nen feels more grounded compared to other power systems like Stands with its conditions. I mean just look at the amount of conditions Kurapika needs just to develop his chains.
Now Tserriednich gets time powers similar to king crimson and the conditions are close your eyes and zetsu? That's a pretty big leap from what other nen users could have done with their abilities.

>Your pic related works because has nothing to do with exposition, the black panels are part of the visual storytelling.
This. If you can't find a way to tell your story visually, you're working with the wrong medium. And idk what the raw page looked like, but there's a lot that could have been done to improve that page for the medium.

based, "show don't tell"-fags BTFO

based

Anyone still reading this shit is an exemplary brainlet.

>people praise this bullshit writing

subhuman brainlets

Attached: wE7F64A2Ia4.jpg (2560x1606, 602K)

low iq post
high iq post

source? cant find shiki anywhere

>characters making the thinking pote adds so much value to each panel
Unironically yes

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

Attached: 5d647522abde75ca6f065afeb758f187.png (491x708, 259K)

hes deconstructing manga itself
truly a visionary

Attached: 1million.png (489x768, 204K)

Basically every ability explanation from shonen. Nen, Stands, Jutsu, Devil Fruits, Bankai, Saiyan forms, quirks, dragon slayer magic, whatever.

Hilariously enough, the few shonen that don't spoonfeed that hard (ex BC and 7 deadly sins) are fucking terrible.

>bnhafags

Twitter source - /Alan_Gertz

Attached: 1551495331722.gif (800x421, 2.23M)

based and shameless

>fujos trying to shit up the thread

I don't think so fags

Attached: 43831029_p0.jpg (640x800, 208K)

Attached: 43200717_p2.png (800x1080, 418K)

Is this canon? It looks so real.

It's canon in our hearts so no

Chrollo cheated because he knew he would've lost in a real 1 on 1 fight against Hisoka.

Attached: 41432369_p0.png (720x878, 529K)

How did he cheat????