Tfw you will never be a mad genius artist that will troll the world on the level that Anno did

>tfw you will never be a mad genius artist that will troll the world on the level that Anno did

Attached: you dont like ending in TV show then fuck you heres this.jpg (643x857, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bAWczh2fxPk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_forms
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocryphon_of_John
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon_(Gnosticism)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleroma
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kadmon
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikkun_olam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anno is incredibly genuine with his art.
Calling him a troll is utterly retarded.

why do people interpret him saying the christian symbolism in eva wasn't meant as a direct christian parallel as him trolling? The point of it was aesthetic a very important part of any piece of artwork.

Hearing that Anno didn't intend the Christian aesthetic or nomenclature to be analogous to what Christians actually believe really clarified the series. Taking all the symbolism at face value just leaves you with a confused mess.

he just ripped off devilman

>people think this ending sequences was original when all he did was steal it from works he had worked on as an animator
Yikes. I love NGE and EoE but fuck its fandom.

So it's confirmed that this scene is simbolic depition of an unstable slut giving a handjob, right?

I hope Watari does something similar with Oregairu, but then he decides to go full haremshit.

i want to love this woman but if i do i missed the point of the show.

Attached: 1534213529160.jpg (400x400, 40K)

What exactly do you think the word "troll" means?

Almost all creators evolve and refine their original ideas over time, that's like saying FSS is shit because all the character designs came from L-Gaim.

It's a mother holding an egg

Good lord you're retarded.

What are you even saying? FSS and L-Gaim were both designed by Nagano. NGE/EoE and what Anno plagiarized weren't. Being an animator gives you barely any creative freedom. You're not the director or someone who actually contributes to what is being shows. You merely animate. This comparison makes no sense.

Nagano developed his own ideas into FSS. Anno didn't develop his own ideas into NGE. He developed other people's ideas into NGE. The comparison is makes no sense, plain and simple and you're a complete moron if you think otherwise.

It's a prehistoric monster harvesting souls with a world engine and sucking them into her stigmata cunnies.

His a hack who shamelessly rip off others work

It's more like the world trolled Anno.

Who doesn't

Similarities between Eva and Devilman:
>the apocalypse (even though they are nothing alike)
>white haired character who's close to the mc turns out to be an angel the mc has to fight

Yeah literally the same, what a fucking ripoff.

>genius
>artist
lol nigger

That's literally the same as a good handjob.

The difference is that eva is a good anime and devilman is not.

You are not alone Shinji-Kun.

Attached: 1548690781331.jpg (3649x2632, 1.47M)

well in this Devilman OVA beginning there is some similarities to EoE scenes: youtube.com/watch?v=bAWczh2fxPk

the author of game of thrones comes close. the fat fuck still hasnt finished his other books and he is letting HBO finish it for him. I dont want to watch the series I want to read it!

which is what happened actually.

yeah but instead of people fighting its giant ultramen fighting angles.

it's a nipple, a nipple made of human souls feeding the new born God coming into existence.
it's way more simpler than people give this credit for but the imagery still is really good.

>there is still plebeians in 2019 not aware christian and jewish symbolism on EVA are actually Gnostic as fucks and they completely make sense.
Instrumentality is becoming Adam Kadmon again. in the Kabbalah Adam Kadmon is the primordial man, a spiritual entity which was divided into various spirits and became matter when banned from the Eden.

Rei Ayanami is basically Sophia who gave knowledge (gnosis) to mens.

and the Angels are Archons.

Attached: adamkadmon.jpg (386x600, 130K)

Pretty sure during this sequence on episode 26, Shinji ascended to the "world of ideas" Plato described on his philosophy.
Instrumentality being one entity completely immaterial you can visit this strange world where all Eidos are.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_forms

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-07-12h55m49s792.png (960x720, 782K)

I don't see it?
Do you mean the glowing sphere in the sky, that's kinda vague as a similarity.

dude, you are looking way too deep into it. I know when he chose the name of the series it was because it sounded complicated, but the series is only complex with it's own lore. It uses various forms from the old testimate to the new such as the lance of longinus. all it does is put all this shit in a blender and makes it's own thing.

Well i don't know if it was intended or not but more i learn about Gnosticism and more the symbolism make sense.
of course if you take it from a classical christianity point of view it's not really relevant.

Kensuke stands like a douchebag

can you explain?
I mean I know that the symbolism was used to just entertain but I would like to know what those symbols are.

this pic make me wants to get a Peanuts show about them or some science-fiction 80's shit like IT or Stranger Things.

I loved EoE.

>peanuts

Attached: get_in_the_fcking_robot__shinji_ikari_by_butt_prince_ike_d8go6be-fullview.jpg (1024x725, 117K)

Same.

>Taking your ultraman fanfic and adding a bunch of classic sci-fi references, freudian bullshit and wrapping it up in meaningless religious imagery.
>weebs will worship you for all eternity
as expected of the master

Attached: 1534114846700.jpg (1440x1080, 270K)

Can Hikari's thirst be contained?

Attached: f3342819216.jpg (1600x1200, 356K)

>Rei hated him at the start of the series
>Asuka hated him at the end of the series
>Touji and Kensuke kind of hated him at first but grew to be kind of okay with him
>Hikari just liked Touji
>Kaworu loved him
Kinda?

>"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another."

Attached: You can advance.jpg (736x1052, 151K)

the human instrumentality project was basically the Tikkun Olam, they wanted to become Adam Kadmon the primordial man unifying all humanity into a single one entity, an according to a gnosticist point of view becoming an Aeon again called Anthropos with both knowledge and immortality.
The others Angels are Aeons too, Humanity are basically an Aeon which was divided and has only the wisdom because Sophia gave them it.
Sophia is basically Rei Ayanami, locked into a material form, and Yui wants to become an Aeon like her for her own gnostic trip.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocryphon_of_John
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon_(Gnosticism)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleroma
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kadmon
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikkun_olam

both Gnosticism and Kabbalah came from Neo-Platonism with those concepts already existing.

Attached: 1537988638-rei-matrix.png (400x300, 129K)

Based