Why did I see so much hype about this show before it started airing? It's awful...

Why did I see so much hype about this show before it started airing? It's awful. Was the source really popular or something?

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (400x560, 78K)

Madhouse

The PV was awesome, it looked like it had great animation, an intriguing story, made by a decent studio that released a great anime from last year, great OP, etc. But it turned out to be complete garbage, sometimes that happens.

The 2000 Boogiepop Phantom was one of the most popular shows around at its time.

I like it. The start was a little confusing though. OP, ED and OST are fantastic.

I'm going to watch that after this season finishes airing. I heard it takes place at an arbitrary point in the middle of the story where this current adaptation was supposed to be roughly around the start.

>turned out to be complete garbage
Bait or brainlet.

He's right though

Are the novels worth checking out?

>it's awful
but that's wrong

Attached: 1550919079402.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

the premade first PV gave the wrong impression on what the series was going to be like.

>tfw that VS Imaginator fight where boogie flicks off the lights

>watching anime for the music

Attached: [Beatrice] Grendizer, Getter Robo G, Great Mazinger Kessen! Daikaijuu [BDRip 1920x800 x264 FLAC].mkv (1920x800, 151K)

kys samefag.

Audio is one of the only things that gets added to an anime adaptation. No shit people are going to be interested in the music.

Natsume Shingo, director of OPM s1

PV has been more enjoyable than the show itself. The pacing is atrocious and all characters are either hollow or just stupid as fuck.

Attached: 1549627449568.gif (500x224, 1.02M)

>he still thinks liking this bad show makes him smart

Attached: 1534011940707.jpg (306x306, 23K)

The show fucking sucked for most of its runtime but oddly enough the last 4-5 episodes have been pretty solid. Might have to do with better pacing and more coherent storytelling, coupled with actually likeable and interesting characters. Even as much as I dislike the artstyle the character designs themselves have gotten better and more distinguishable and expressive. Just shows how bad its start was since it clearly didn't have to be.

Attached: 1546416724216.jpg (1024x912, 96K)

I wanna put my nose inside Boogiepop's buttcheeks

Attached: 0Q.png (1000x689, 399K)

Underwhelming adaptation, especially of the first arc that pushed most of the watchers away,so it did become better later.Basically read the novels first

Its not your Naruto. It's good but you have to have some kind of attention span and insight.

Nostalgia for the previous anime which was popular