COUNTRY ROADS

COUNTRY ROADS

Attached: 1522950881508.jpg (1140x641, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ispeh2bW1AQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHOLESOME. ALSO CUTE

...kono michi~

I watched it for the first time today, it's such a heartwarming movie. Makes me yearn for that unattainable simplicity and wholesomeness.

Miyazaki is right about everything, modernity is cancer

Miyazaki didn't even direct Whisper of the Heart.

He was heavily involved in the production.

TAKE ME HOME

I unironically hope society breaks down so I can live in a small, isolated seaside town like in Kiki.

TO A PLACE

greatest Ghibli

Yeah, that's not how it will work.

The only anime that made me cry tears of joy.

Why?

WEST VIRGINIA!

I wish movies could bring me to tears, sounds cathartic.

Depending on the manner of social breakdown it is going to be unpleasant irrespective. You'd get something more akin to the American Hollywood ideal. In fact, watch Threads which details social breakdown in the UK in the event of a nuclear war.

Attached: 1528650502715.jpg (1440x1072, 167K)

The town in Kiki is a flourishing society. Society doesn't flourish if it's broken down.

The movie was so wholesome and uplifting. It along with Only Yesterday are my favourites and I think lovely message on moving on in life. I suppose Kiki as well has that aspect, but the other two being grounded more in the real world made them more relatable.

He did direct one of the sequences, he wrote the storyboards, he was the producer, and he wrote the Japanese version of Country Roads.

Alright, one of the villages in the Castle in the Sky then, for example. You get the idea, a peaceful and tight-knit community of people, almost in autarky.

>moving on in life
Oh, that's what made them so nostalgic. It went completely over my head.

It's more likely that a village like that would get looted by raiders and the people enslaved or used as food.

Why do the japs like this song so much? It's a great song, but I wouldn't call it John Denvers best.

Why is the world so shit

Take me home

Attached: Ren-chon stares at you.jpg (1440x810, 340K)

Because humans are literally just animals with bigger brains.

This movie was fucking depressing.

It's his most famous and recognizable song. I'm sure there are Japanese people who have delved further into his discography like you have, but they're not the average consumer.

It's hard to imagine something so bleak and semi-realistic being made, let alone conceived in this day and age. If anything, it was too generous to society in the immediate and long term aftermath. I would really like to have seen perspectives in other parts of the country though - the less populated counties and highland areas. It would have been interesting.

>but I wouldn't call it John Denvers best.

What would you then? It is certainly his most well known.

Because it is beautiful.

Attached: 1525854955255.jpg (850x450, 175K)

John Denver isn't that good, is it worth arguing over?

to be fair, the japanese version into the nicer key is really nice. Japanese is also so phonetic so the whole song itself is great in a non-weeb way

based and kinopilled

Movies like this make me feel absolutely horrible. How likely is it for such a catastrophe to happen in the near future?

This movie is hauntology at its finest. You just know that you will never live in that kind of world; you know that the future betrayed your hopes and dreams. As Houellebecq says, we live in an era in which the material conditions for happiness are no longer available.

Attached: houellebecq smoking.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

I like it better than John Denver's, not that I hate his either. It's one of the only two country songs I'm ok with.
youtube.com/watch?v=ispeh2bW1AQ

>the future betrayed your hopes and dreams.
That kind of world is not attainable, though. No matter what material conditions are available, the world can never be so ideal and perfect.

This is what the hooked nose wants you to believe. You are constantly invited to settle for less and get used to your own misery. They offer you a few cool toys and call it "progress"; they want you to believe that your life is steadily getting better, while they encroach on your rights and brainwash you into believing that any expectation you may have is unrealistic.

Attached: 1550643461367.jpg (599x486, 59K)

you can really tell we are in dire need of wholesome productions. too much ecchi and teens that gobble them up.

If we're still talking about Whisper of the Heart, how do you figure human behavior and by extension society could ever be so 'pure' and devoid of the various perversions that make 3D such garbage?

for that answer, look up "the doomsday clock."

mutually assured destruction occurs at midnight.

Shinkai tried but he's not even close.
How did Ghibli do it?

>tfw the nineties were the furthest ever from midnight
How did the world shit the bed so bad after 2000? The nineties were such a hopeful period.

What's stopping you from moving to a town like that now?

They don't exist

Well Miyazaki is working on a new movie. Also too bad the greatest anime director of all time passed away last year

A world without usury may not be perfect but would be much closer to the ideal than the current one.

Wouldn’t some countries be safe from the nukes though? Irrelevant or neutral ones like Luxembourg, Iceland or whatever

A world without usury won’t magically turn me into a carefree teenager with a cute bookworm gf in ‘80s Tokyo though

I said it won't be perfect, but it's a start. You already missed that train.

He's not very smart. Hates society and blames it that he can't find an isolated town. As if spaces outside of big cities don't exist, shocking.

Small towns in real life are as depressing as big cities but in a different way.

>How did the world shit the bed so bad after 2000?

Attached: 1530002980777.jpg (473x473, 92K)

Nice, those are also my 2 favorites

The kid heading off to Italy as a random Japanese minor who probably speaks Italian worse than a drunk American man with Down's is going to have shit-tastic time trying to learn how to be a luthier.

The wholesomeness hides the fact that he's probably going to come back home jaded and bitter from abuse and possibly abusive to his waifu/crush.

Fallout my man. Radiated ash/smoke/radiated water is gonna end up everywhere if a shitload of countries decide to fire nukes at each other

I think it's a good movie but I honestly don't get the amount of opinions all over the net from people who found it to be some kind of transcendent experience or life-changing masterpiece. It's kitschier than many other Ghiblis, especially with that sloppily shoved in love triangle subplot

wait wrong thread

Inside job.

>‘80s
You mean 90s.

You zoomers should listen to John Denver.

>What we may be witnessing is not just the end of the Cold War, or the passing of a particular period of post-war history, but the end of history as such: that is, the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government.

YA GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO FOLD EM

KNOW WHEN TO HOLD EM