Tell me your most contrarian anime/manga related opinion

Tell me your most contrarian anime/manga related opinion

Attached: 1515399133_14294863_300963030282455_5152230196912324608_n.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Princess Tutu wasn't all that good

The Eureka seveN AO OVA was objectively worse than the Eureka seveN AO finale.

Spirited Away is overrated as fuck.

I don't even like anime.

Shinji is the best Evangelion girl.

EoE is garbage compared to the TV series.

Attached: 1550108146185.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Planetes turns to shit from the second half and the ending was terrible.

SA was for kids
Princess Mononoke is for adults

evangelion is overhyped by fedora intelectuels

Hosoda's a fucking hack.

I was going to say that, but I think that's wildly accepted

Except for magnetic rose, Satoshi kon is absolute garbage.

The OST can be a very important part of an anime. A good OST can increase the score of an anime by 2 or maybe even 3 points on an one-to-ten-scale.

it's really not

JoJo is shitty boring monster of the week were the fights get basically reduced to who has the biggest asspull and the author is constantly forgetting plot points
and the part 3 anime is a piss poor adaptation that absolutely kills the pacing and ruins the final fight

I don't think Crunchyroll it's the devil.

Masamune Kun had a lot it great ideas that were poorly executed or abandoned.

Lolicons are just diet pedophiles

Harem anime is FUN.

Attached: 1331616625072.jpg (1024x768, 439K)

liking harem=shit taste

saved

moeshit ruined anime, and the otakus / american weaboos who perpetuate waifu culture ruined anime in part.

Evangelion is a glorified teen drama, and the same is true for all mecha

>part 3 anime is a piss poor adaptation that absolutely kills the pacing
Everyone agrees with this. Part 5 has a longer chapter count but is being adapted in less episodes

t. shittaste

Literally the point of this thread

Attached: 1546846710166.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

That isn't contrarian, everyone trashes harem

Cowboy Bebop is boring trash
Evangelion is an overrated snoozefest
Jojo is just fucking retarded

>Tell me your most contrarian anime/manga related opinion

Kotobuki is the best military otaku anime ever made.

And it isn't even done airing.

I like Asta.

Attached: 9f1751f6baea07e00c7214738643c2d1bec245a6_hq.jpg (656x1024, 81K)

FLCL is utter crap not because it's infantile coming of age story plagued by pseudo intellectual genital symbolism attracting 70 IQ bugpeople autists which makes the fandom insufferable, but because its visuals, direction and soundtrack are garbage tier.

Violet Evergarden's animation looks ugly

>VEG's animation sucks
Not contrarian, the animation was pretty standard even for non-kyoani studios, there was a comment some one on 2chan said that KyoAni forgot how to animate. If you said it looks ugly as a whole then that is contrarian.

LWA was good

I prefer Faulconer as a composer.

Champloo > Bebop

The only worthwhile anime are originals

This, but unironically.
I only come here to save pictures of the girls.

Attached: 1543153828326.jpg (640x480, 40K)

This, and I'll extend it to say that Asta is the most fun shonen protagonist to debut in the past 10 years.

Attached: astadoingcrunchesveryfast.gif (500x280, 2.62M)

I think that people who only watch anime for the "girls" are mentally ill retards tht weren't loved by their parents enough.

Slice of life is the superior genre

Attached: Yotsubagun.jpg (785x800, 93K)

HeroAca is average at best.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is actually painful to watch because of how unsubtle its messaging and themes are

almonds activated

ye thats not its strong point but everything else is so excellent that I can look past it

All shounen, including jojo and whatnot are utter shit
I don't think anyone would disagree with this

I wish I could, I would love to watch a serious and ridiculously long running space epic but man, the scenes where characters just spout basic stances on political ideas are just too much

these threads are always just obvious bait, shitty opinions that are contrarian because they're dumb, and about three percent actually interesting, unique perspectives.

This is a good contrarian thought

I love that movie but it really is.

Only if it has a harem ending, otherwise it's trash.

Madoka is super overrated due to the shock factor of its initial airing. It's incredibly boring and doesn't really even "deconstruct" many of the tropes of the magical girl series. It's not really even special in being a "dark twist" of the another genre, a lot of anime and visual novels did that way before it existed.

The concept of SAO was pretty good.. And The first Arc was pretty comfy.

Also, Gantz is the best Manga of all time and the ending was just fine.

Attached: 1540246946423.jpg (1051x1051, 46K)

Girls und Panzer is trash that exists purely for people who can't like a show unless it has cute girls in it or those who validate watching a cute girl show because it has tanks in it

I dunno. I feel like everyone who really thinks Dragonball was good beyond the initial childish adventure parts just have a sever case of nostalgia goggles. I have no idea if that is really contrarian or not, but most people I know revere DB.

The fumbled ending of Devilman Crybaby sours the entire experience

plastic nee-san and asobi asobase are totally unfunny, it's just stupid comedy

Legit question, is there anything bad about the fact that it it exists purely to fulfil a deep dark fantasy?

Both Kemurikusa and KF2 are garbage

SAO is actually full of good ideas, it's just fumbled by horrible execution. Also Kirito is actually a character on occasion.

all anime comedy are unfunny

The Wind Rises is the best Ghibli film ever created

Haruhi is overrated garbage.

I don't know... sounds like a lot of hot air if you ask me

There is no better shonen than Naruto

I think most isekai are entertaining and I'm glad we are getting at least one each season

what if I like both cute girls and tanks?

TTGL is overrated and frankly boring

Rahxephon was good and more coherent than Eva
Fuck off retards
Eh kind of agree with this
It's overhyped by pretentious underage who found their new asuka waifu
It's a lot worse than that
I don't get why people still obsess over it, it was made for 2000s teens

Except it's really not, faggot.

This.

Attached: 1544661376144.jpg (1493x1600, 232K)

Oda is not a hack.

No, but it started the trend of "military+ cute girl" formula seen in shit like Haifuri and whatever that plane anime is this season

The Monogatari series is mediocre shit and is only as popular as it is because everyone is a fucking pseud, like the story about the Emperor's Invisible Robe that was only visible to smart people so everyone pretended to see it so everyone would think they were smart.

Anime art from the mid 2000s and earlier is better than all the over-polished/over-colored/over-saturated shit that we see today.

I thought the writing was a fucking joke, all it had was flash character designs and overselling it's positivity for feel good

Only pedophiles enjoy watching "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" anime. Fight me.

Attached: Disgusted Chicken.jpg (496x369, 32K)

The only Dragon Ball product that matters is the original manga. Everything else is garbage.

I liked the ending of Kuma Miko. I thought it was exactly what would have happened in reality, and I was smiling like a motherfucker for pretty much the whole final five minutes.

nobody is gonna take that bait, fag.

I 100% agree.

If I wanna go further, I'd say audio is almost as important as animation. Half the reason I look forward to manga adaptations isn't just seeing it all in motion, but hearing it. The music, the sound design. I'll be honest, manga fights are totally boring to me cause they don't have either. If you don't have a pumping OST, and a good THUD when a character gets smacked, then what's the point? There's only so much art can do.

Black Rock Shooter is a very big turd

Girls und Panzer is extremely mediocre.
Cowboy Bebop is at best average as well.

im all caught up with OP. ive been reading for 5 or 6 years now. I still read each chapter as it comes out. Why? because im still waiting for it to get good. I hate it, It isnt as good as people say, but since so many people read it i still read each chapter weekly.

Still, it sucks

Doesn't everyone think that? The anime sucked ass

Not really a contrarian opinion. Everyone agrees on that. Assuming you're talking about the anime. The OVA was good.

I'm talking about the OVA, I didn't watch the anime

The anime industry would instantly and massively improve if it stopped pandering to romance fans. Romcoms, Romdramas, Harems, etc are pretty much exclusively made for underage teenagers and mentally stunted manchildren.

Yea Forums as a board would insantly and massively improve if it gassed all the romcom/drama/harem fans.

Chika Fujiwara is worst girl

Anime is good

Mamoru Oshii is a pretentious fag who made 2 good movies at most
The Sky Crawlers and Ghost in the Shell Innocence are some of the most soporific movies I have ever watched

There hasn't been a single good anime since Madoka ended.

You had me until you butchered the fuck out of The Emperor's New Clothes from start to end showing you cannot even understand the most basic fairy tale.

>but it started the trend of "military+ cute girl" formula seen in shit like Haifuri and whatever that plane anime is this season
So there's like 3 military anime, and you call that a trend?

everyone already thinks that, unironically

Attached: 1548922295073.png (497x750, 209K)

Streaming is valid alternative to downloading shit nowadays, especially when you watch a series that doesn't have A-grade visuals. I think this was contrarian enough, but for the sake of it, Jojo and almost entirety of Berserk are horseshit, and for example, Violet Evergarden was just a very boring mediocre show that doesn't deserve any sort of attention, even though rest of the board seems to be very polarized and vocal about it. I also posted picture of Lain to prove I'm actually cultured and intelligent individual.

Attached: 1535413209744.jpg (1919x1199, 646K)

Evangellion was good and made sense.

I don't find lolis sexy.

Imagine being this gay.

It's fucking retarded some people treat anime as the final frontier of politically free media, when it all in practice means ogling at underage character.

I think SAO started off amazing and enjoyed it. Fairy dance arc was so bad it souled the opinion of everyone even though GGO was pretty OK. For some reason every other arc fucking blows but at least arc 4 is as long as the rest of the series combined then some and is pretty good.

I also think reki has become a much better author over the past 9 or so years and it's showing.

/pol/ has poisoned this board to the point where you cant even say lewd things about traps or call traps girls (male) anymore

Attached: 1538744763594.jpg (850x1201, 159K)

That goes too far, user.

Kimi no na wa is way overhyped and Byousoku 5 Senchimetoru and Kotonoha no Niwa are better movies by far.
Cowboy Bebop is boring and overrated as well.

You're obsessed.

Slapping an age on a character you drew is purely artistic however.
It's just a fucking picture, not a person.

>poisoned
More like healed. Trapfags are delusional homos and shit like "girls (male)" is absolute cancer.

you are whats wrong with current Yea Forums

Attached: 1536633649225.jpg (600x338, 23K)

that could be said about 90% of all anime though. especially of the romance genre.

normalfags call anything they see more than once a trend

NO U. It was all fun and games back in the days of Jun and everyone is gay for Bridget, but then they had to go and start adding token traps to fucking everything to cater to the obsessed.

Attached: 1535341492584.jpg (559x515, 66K)

theres what, one or two traps a season
thats nothing compared to every single other kind of character type and I will always defend the precious Ruka who is not only a trap but also a shy girl and a moe girl wrapped into a well developed trap

Attached: steinsgate08-36.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I love yuri anime/manga and find them comfy no matter how shit the plot or animation

I don't even dislike the traps themselves, just trapfags. Trap x female is actually really great because of the breadth of dominance potential it has. One of my favourite recent traps was Hideri from Blend S, in fact. I'm not saying you can't like traps, user, but you have to accept the fact that if you want to fuck them, you're gay. No ifs, ands or buts. You would also do well to leave behind the meme shit like "boipussy" and girls (male) because it just makes you look extra faggoty.

Attached: 1516309728257.jpg (549x597, 162K)

>Araki forgot xdd
>asspulls xdd
You sound like thread cancer

Just drop it nigger, how can you expect to suddenly enjoy it 900 chapters in if you haven't so far? I dropped bleach somewhere around the 300s, I have no regrets about it.

Death to homosexuals.

There's quite a bunch of recent "historical" ones though. Planes, countries, ships, a witch, tanks, space war animes; travel through a war-zone anime.

I'm still not sure whether /pol/ is metastasizing into Yea Forums, or whether the growing feminist voices in anime fandom is just making Yea Forums reveal its true colors; either way, I miss the days when I could believe "3DPD" was just an elaborate joke.

Attached: 1293965493389.jpg (396x396, 22K)

Q Hayashida is one of the top five mangakas of 2000s, don't @ me

Attached: Q_Hayashida.jpg (335x500, 51K)

>3DPD
>A joke

Are you retarded?

I want to be treated like a girl, though.
Of course that takes some effort and suspension of disbelief, but you don't have to be gay. I'll just act like a housewife and do as I'm told and whatnot.

>I miss the days when I could believe "3DPD" was just an elaborate joke.
Ha

Attached: faggot-bat-5a72769f188c9.jpg (720x534, 28K)

He's just really old.
I, too, remember those days of yore.

calling traps girls was never accepted only newfags who didnt know better thought it was

Attached: wellisit.png (497x506, 250K)

Yu-Gi-Oh is better off for introducing Duel Monsters. The anime is better than the manga, with the exception of some bits that the manga handles better.

Yikes like this board is so toxic now I can't even

Haha! He's still pretending the joke is real! Kind of like how people still play along to the Candlejack meme after all these yea

>you're gay

Attached: 1544753334494.png (201x201, 24K)

Are you retarded too? I've been here since 2006, it wasn't a joke.

That's cool, user. You do you. I'm not here to ridicule your fantasies.

Candlejack was the worst forced meme on this si

>joke
I mean, the "American is pig disgusting" Korean pasta that spawned it was quite a good joke, but 3DPD has always been serious. Maybe not for you, for certainly for me.

The last episode of Charlotte was the best of the show

There is nothing wrong with liking lolis.

complete 100% the truth

This but unironically

>it wasn't a joke
Not that user, but it really was. A ton of content was about 3D. Remember the toothbrush guy who basically blogged about his 3DPD experiences and everyone fucking loved it? I do too. A lot of the board content were originally a joke, like waifus, but then someone took the entire deal seriously.

Attached: 1544302153414.jpg (184x184, 23K)

I tought this was a fact. Reading the manga before kills any hype you may have for the anime, and being an animeonly is cancer.
But then again, Darling in the Traxxsh exists.

Attached: 1457063566748.jpg (224x225, 18K)

user these are facts

I think you're just cancer that has long overstayed its welcome.

I wasnt prepared for this level of faggotry I am currently beholding

At least that's a good mindset for ignoring things you don't like, I'll give you that, user.

>like waifus
You're crossing a line, user. I suggest you cease and desist.

Shounen is dead because the japanese want to stamp out what makes little boys happy and force them to become spineless vaguely gay grass eating faggots who want to uphold japanese society.

Also, forcing everyone into highschool has destroyed any ability for people to take anime and manga seriously anymore.

EVA is shit.
Narcissitic navel gazing faggotry filled with a collection of broken nonfunctional assholes who by alrights should have self destructed as a group long before they fought the first angel.

Dragon ball is dead

The only yuri I liked had a dykerage theme where the lez tried and failed to get her girlfriend back, going so far as to offer to be part of a threesome.

LGBTQA themes in anime is to sell to as many people as possible and to appeal to the queer mafia in hollywood and queers/jailhouse gay sexually ruined losers online and in their basements.

This

Not him but I know I've grown out of Yea Forums a lot, in the past five years I've become a normie almost completely. I still come here because there's a few manga and anime series I follow, but I can't relate to a lot of anons I'm here anymore, I'm sure of that.

Attached: 1519444961431.png (240x193, 63K)

Gurren Lagann is one of the worst shows ive ever seen

I generally find the most popular anime/manga Yea Forums talks about is good and just let it guide what I started to watch/read years ago and never turned back.

Attached: 1403137624440.webm (640x480, 2.63M)

>Shounen is dead
In what way? It's still the most popular demographic, both in Japan and in the US (where it's what most people think of when they think anime or manga).

>normie
See, this is what people fail to understand about the whole "normalfag" thing. No one here actually cares if you are the normalest of normalfags. The whole point is that you don't talk about normalfag things on Yea Forums. That's it. It doesn't matter what you're like in person, just keep your boring life separate from here.

I feel bad for you. You must be some sort of military nerd.
That's about as far from contrarian as you can get.
This is an actual contrarian opinion.
This is just stupidity.
This is mental illness.

Beat me to it

Finally, someone talking some damn sense.

I think other boards have a different view of it and are genuinely anti-social and view well-adjusted people with contempt, but I won't disagree that Yea Forums is more inclined to stay on topic and treat off-topic conversations with hostility, which is good.

anime is better than manga

>anti-social and view well-adjusted people with contempt
That's how I feel. Death to riajuu.

toradora sucks

Also this.

Sora No Otoshimono would have been a true masterpiece of it's era had it not been rushed in the end.

As a transgender someshit trap I have to say: the whole girl (boy) thing appeals mostly to weirdos and gays.
As a trap myself, while I acknowledge the characters and sometimes see them as inspiring (cute mostly), don't really care about them positively or negatively; I'm fine without them.
Overall the problem with anime these days is pandering in general. To kids, normies or cultural trends, changing norms, that sort of thing, instead of being artistic or conservative.
Of course there have always been franchises targeting certain groups, but these days the studios seem supremely reluctant to take any rsisk whatsoever, which also manifests in getting more of the same, which has established itself, instead of seeing anything innovative.

True, but 3DPD still was a joke once. It still is if you're of sound mind. There are attractive 3D females (and traps eksdee).

リア充爆発しろ

Contrarian or not, I agree with you. I've never liked any kind of comics, really. I'd rather read actual books. With anime, you get colour, movement, sounds, music and voices. Manga has none of that shit. You could argue that the manga art is better quality, but I've honestly seen tons of manga panels in my time that were completely incoherent.

There are no popular Shounen anymore.
Just mediocrity that seems like it's great because there is nothing else and absolute shit(dragon ball super) that takes advantage of nostalgia to sell itself.
The niche itself is a barren wasteland user.`

So many mangaka and anime producers and fans bitched forever about how shounen is generic shit and ruins everything.

But how many of the above can actually make a COMPETENT shounen let alone good one and in the case of the fans recognize a competent shounen? Bunch of jaded fucking hacks who can't put up or shut the fuck up in my opinion.

>There are attractive 3D females
I never took the 3DPD thing to be about looks. To me, it was about attitudes and personalities, i.e. bitches and whores.

I mean Mob Psycho 100 is considered shounen and it's pretty decent imo.

Faggots is disgusting. If it has a dick then it is gay no matter what, I don't care if it "looks" like a girl.

This.

>I'd rather read actual books
The fact that you say this but then go on to list all the ADHD-related reasons you prefer anime seems really contradictory to me. How is it that you can read books, which don't have any of those, and yet need them for Japanese visual media?

normie opinion

Maybe he has a more active imagination when reading books and description than when reading dialogue and seeing the scene in manga.

Anime much like most entertainment is not an art form and is just for enjoyment. People who think it is enjoy the smell of their own farts.

Attached: 1431559569440.jpg (341x273, 29K)

The second version of Frannx's OP is among the greatest OPs in all of anime. It can stand toe to toe with any of them.

>normie
It's normalfag, you fucking retarded faggot.

Attached: homosexuality.png (342x267, 9K)

This is the real contrarian opinion here.

>ADHD
>for enjoying sensory things like sound
Suck my cock dude. Also this:

>Greece
>40/53
Actually fucking hilarious.

Attached: Antiphon.-Boy--his-Lover-ca.-490-BC.jpg (510x510, 90K)

Entirely relevant, but I did not specify attractice looks either. There are good girls personality wise, too.
Of course reality often is about compromise, and the question is whether this is worth it, worth the nerves, the effort, the time, the money.

There are too many girls in Fairy Tail

I enjoy the smell of my own farts. Do you not?

Cross Ange is one of the best mecha animoos this decade and Ange is one of the best female MC's of the decade.

There have been no really good CGDCT anime since NNB s2. There have been a couple of decent ones like Colors but nothing really exceptional.

Attached: 1501286765873.png (561x525, 29K)

I don't think Cross Ange is a mech anime?

Not contrarian at all, anyone who remembers when the series was running would probably agree. It was a fresh mecha, especially considering how few mecha series there are this decade.

The girls are literally the only reason to read it.

Fucking retarded opinion

Etotama is one of the best anime ever made.

Attached: 1431047374324.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

cowboy beepbop is boring

Patrician opinion.

You can literally say this about any show that other people like and you don't.

>Anime much like most entertainment is not an art form and is just for enjoyment.
Entertainment = Art, you just like lighter stuff

>imply you're able to enjoy things without those factors
>but the lack of them is why you don't like manga
I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind this since I've seen it a lot. "Imagination" is a shitty reason and you can Imagine that shit with manga too. I myself have never imagined music or sounds when reading books or manga. I have for voices though but that's possible with manga too.Every time I see someone with this opinion it just seems like reaching for shitty excuses for why they're incapable of being invested in manga. And they're always quick to bring up books so they don't seem like an illiterate.

memories of phantasma is the best anime to drop

>Entertainment = Art, you just like lighter stuff
I feel like people who do that are just trying to justify watching this entertainment and say it's high brow. It's like eating a fucking ice cream sandwich, it taste good and that's it.

But there's crazy ice cream flavors that few people try, too.
Some are bad, some are vastly superior to your neapolitan ice cream sandwich.

My dudes

Attached: veru_fast_GUP.gif (444x408, 370K)

There was a time on Yea Forums when shit like this would get you banned.

Well that's certainly contrarian. Do you watch a lot of SOL/Moe anime out of curiosity? What are you generally drawn to?

It's simple. When all I have are words on the page, my brain creates a visual scenario of what I'm reading, the places being described, and assigns faces and voices to characters, whereas, with manga, the most I can do is add voices to the dialogue. The visual is already there, so there's no need for my brain to do extra work.

I think yuyishiki is the best

But anime gives you even more stuff. You sound like you're saying your enjoyment is related to how much you need to think when watching/reading but then somehow like anime that includes everything and requires no thought/imagination.

mecha is some fucking boring shit and i don't understand how anybody can enjoy that shit

I thought the sheer absurdity and outrage of Oreimo's ending made it great and memorable.

Attached: 1496444305358.jpg (232x242, 42K)

I don't know how to make this any clearer. I enjoy reading books for the mental stimulation. I enjoy anime for all the extra stuff it has. I'm not really interested in something that's sort-of in the middle.

Princess Tutu is a 8.5/10 12 episode show, but a 7/10 24 episode show.

Spirited Away had good art/animation/voice acting but the story was boring and stupid.
Your name is unironically a great movie, regardless of its' alleged plot holes.
Evangelion is a normalfag anime for normalfags who don't think they are normalfags

What have you seen? I generally like mecha but like anything else the quality varies between series. How boring something is varies person to person too. Even the stuff outside of robot fights is pretty interesting to me generally (depending on the series) but I'm sure there are things others like that I find boring too.

I love Gundam, not only because of the mech fights, but overall I think Gundam is really great sci-fi on its own, for the series in the franchise that I like at least.

>Mamoru Oshii is a pretentious fag who made 2 good movies at most
If those movies aren't Jin Roh and Patlabor 2 then we have some talking to do, user.

Isn't that a little too general?
Is there anything mecha anime have in common other than featuring giant robots?

Fully CG TV anime still looks fucking garbage.

This isn't even an opinion, it's a fact.

Only paeds like loli

I think that kind of wildly varying stock you put in different forms of media is frankly pretty stupid. Manga isn't "in the middle", it's its own thing that takes advantage of its form. Anime adaptations of manga (which I'm sure you watch) will never capture a manga entirely and you're always going to get something watered down in one way or another. Just like movie adaptations of books. Just like there is overlap between books and movies, with each offering entirely separate things (visible in some movie adaptations that don't just try to adapt but try and make their own thing with the same idea), it's the same with anime and manga. Manga is not watered down anime, which it seems is what you're saying, it's a completely separate medium that has its own sets of conventions and methods for telling a story. I don't care if you like it or not but it gets irritating seeing people say manga is just watered down anime or watered down "literature" (for lack of a better term). It just displays the person's ignorance.

Nippons can get away with it though because their grown women are actually loli sized and have flat chests and slim asses.

This, and as a side note, the people who passionately "hate" all mecha anime are fucking retards and probably haven't watched mech at all, as the taste is so absurd. It's like watching an action film and deciding it's not your thing because one of the characters had a pistol as a weapon, or something.

>I feel like people who do that are just trying to justify watching this entertainment and say it's high brow.
In the same sense that we describe things as "thematic conclusions" instead of morals. Though, yes, I don't think there's any difference between a Hiki-NEET who watches Lucky Star on loop and a notable art critic who discusses the intricacies of a Jackson Pollock painting, besides an aesthetic sense of the latter 'looking smarter'.

Okada is an unironically good writer

Attached: 1525150086866.jpg (1200x675, 142K)

Following this logic to the extreme, your favorite medium would be for example listening to random sounds so that you can imagine some sort of narrative as a mentally stimulating practice. But of course this is evidently bullshit, almost as much as classifying manga as middle-type of work because it utilizes its medium differently than literature is.

How many are there of them in the world. I mean come on be realistic.

Nah he had it right, do you even know how that story goes or are you thinking of a different one?

>You can literally say that about any show but please don't say that about my popular pseud show I'm so mad
Do something about it, little bitch

You guys aren't even posting contrarian opinions, it's all normie bandwagon shit like this

Monogatari is for stupid people who want you to think they're smart.

triggered pseud

Jesus fucking Christ, I dunno why you're so butthurt that I don't like manga, but you asked me to explain my thought process and I did, and you just want to write it off as stupid because you don't agree with it. Fuck off. I'm done replying to you.

Who are you quoting?
You can just leave things at just not trusting someone's taste instead of getting mad at it. I feel that way about people who praise the shit out of Akage no Anne or any Rumiko Takahashi series.

Nothing wrong with telling your opinion user, but if it's really fucking stupid, don't expect people not to call you out. At least it's the right thread for it I guess.

Unironically never finished it. Did they actually end up boning?

Yes, as you can see from that image which undoubtedly is official art.

Wut?
I watch it for the fanservice.

Like I said, I don't care if you like it or not, I just see the opinion that manga is just a watered down version of other mediums and I think that's stupid.

Damn no wonder everyone I knew got pissy after it ended and refused to talk about it. I just thought it would be another cock tease till the end as usual

What are some examples of good visuals, in your opinion?

Studio Bones has never made a show with a satisfying payoff.

Boogiepop 2019 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Boogiepop Phantom, though the Kara no Kyoukai films manage to be more in the spirit of the Boogiepop LNs than either of them.

Detroit Metal City is completely unfunny aside from the Krauser-tan bit.

cute pic

>Post contrarian opinion in a thread about contrarian opinions
>normalfags get mad that you aren't on their bandwagons
what exactly do they think the point of this thread is?

I wish the Made in Abyss anime never happened so that Tusky could just focus on pumping out new chapters.

Attached: 1516110834204.png (408x209, 16K)

To bait out the bad opinions and make fun of them until the user cries and leaves Yea Forums?

wow so contrarian totally not superficial or popular opinion

>contrarian opinion thread
>normalfags just post popular opinions
FTFY

Chasing trends is actually a good thing because it enables creative freedom for projects that are allowed to financially fail

The anime industry would instantly improve if it stopped pandering to misanthropic manchildren that very desperately want to believe the world sucks to have an excuse to hide from the world and never confront the fact their lives are mostly a failure without achievements.

Shield hero is just the next brick on the shitwall of mediocrity, taking true and tested isekai tropes and deep fried it in a "niceguy" revenge fantasy pandering.
It's no surprise everyone is jumping ship off the show now that the revenge fantasy is over and all that remains is generic isekai shit.

"Deconstructions" and "Believable stories" and "Darker and more realistic characters" are the blight of the industry and only sell because of fueling this desperation by telling otaku "What if the world sucks? Why bother fixing it if it all sucks and everyone is an asshole that will betray you? You are better off alone."

"Brilliant, but Lazy" is a sweet fairy tale people tell themselves at night to excuse themselves of their failures and delay killing themselves for another day.

>Studio Bones has never made a show with a satisfying payoff.
I agree with that with the exception of the original FMA, which I still think Bones made a better ending than the manga adapatation did.

Traps aren't gay.

Eva and EoE deserve all the praise it gets, it really is the best show anime has to offer.

How can saying that widespread acclaim is justified be a contrarian opinion? I do agree though.

based and redpilled

you're right this isn't very contrarian I was just very bored desu

Attached: DzUksy-XgAAPeLn.jpg (1200x903, 191K)

I never watch the op/ed after the first episode, unless it changes then I'll watch the new one once

also shinji is best girl

Attached: 1547073169802.jpg (800x660, 599K)

All anime girls are thrash.

Almost anything that I watch or read that I have found on Yea Forums has 90% chance to be good or at least entertaining. The other 10% is that I can see the appeal but it's just not for me.
The exception is anime that is too old so it just is not posted as much.

Things that i find outside of Yea Forums that I have never heard of are usually garbage.
Most new Pixiv art corresponds with what manga/anime is being posted on Yea Forums as well, which I just think indicates that Japan and Yea Forums have similar tastes. There is a lot of garbage that comes out every season that you just don't see being talked about, which is the stuff I tend to avoid.

Madoka should not be recommended so widely.

Spice and Wolf makes want to read more romance mangas but i dont know any other good ones
Also why do people say holo was raped by a wolf? There is literally nothing to support that in the manga and there isnt even an ambigous scene(in the manga)

That's not even an opinion.

I cannot stress this enough. GL is not merely a bad anime, it's the worst anime.
Truly only the most savage and cynical individuals can find pleasure in the existential horror that is Gurren Lagann. Kiznaiver has nothing on this, it's truly a horrid thing that could only be conjured by a perfect storm of incompetence and evil.

Nanoha and Fate are not lesbians. Just good friends.

I hate catgirls and nekomimi in general. It's retarded moe shit that needs to go away.

Based. It's overrated as fuck.

Kill yourself, shounenfag.

Dragon Ball stopped being good with Dragon Ball Z. Z is extremely boring

this is contrarian alright

could you explain your opinion? asking because it's one of my favorites

I wish.

Attached: cfaac5d161c2ef1c42282f2e06a3faf4.jpg (736x569, 78K)

>could you explain your opinion?
I can only point out that Simon's character is thoroughly broken down and destroyed to the point nothing is left.
Never have I seen a character assassination truly as bad as this.. That coupled with Kamina being a permanent post-mortem Gary Stu is one of the many disgusting things about GL.
I'm not here to argue.

Hunter x Hunter is overrated and the only ones that think it's "dark" and "deconstructive" is people who never watched shonen before.
Or do, but are ashamed of it so they would rather slap around their "but muh for adults, deep srs plot" excuses..

Lol that's basically Yea Forums statement

Akko is /ourguy/ so not really contrarian

Every Isekai anime is shit, and this cannot be discussed. Simple as that

Attached: M8.jpg (596x540, 69K)

Konosuba is good

I prefer Sekai over Kotonoha

Attached: sekai cute.jpg (441x696, 48K)

Streaming is a perfectly legitimate way to watch anime, provided you have a good, consistent connection that does not quality drop or buffer, and you don't pick a retarded site that puts watermarks on the shows.

contrarian opinion: barely any of these opinions are actually contrarian

Attached: 1533753243801.jpg (204x251, 15K)

thats a yikes for me senpai

wide isn't as cute as people say (but its still fairly cute)

Attached: 1551643634926.gif (640x360, 152K)

Based

Monogatari is dogshit and the only people that like it are pseuds

>thread about contrarian opinions
>post actually contrarian opinion that goes against the majority
>WTF YOU CAN'T SAY THAT

Picking up a manga at vol 1 at the start from a relatively new author is daunting. On the other hand seeing a long running series and wanting to pick up all 89 vols is equally daunting.

Cringe

Monster, Blade of the Immortal and Vagabond are not that good

Japanese animation is an objectively inferior medium. Look at the typical anime budget versus the standard budget for a western animated series. Anime has a culture of corner cutting that simply doesn't exist elsewhere.

loli is a shit tier fetish and I'm sure that many people here pretend to be into to fit in

CGshit is the new frontier of anime and I've genuinely enjoyed almost every show in the past few years that had heavy 3DCG elements.