Post the oldest anime you've ever watched

Post the oldest anime you've ever watched.
Doesn't count if you've only heard about it. You must have actually watched it yourself.

Attached: 34987398537.jpg (336x326, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShzmzcJM7QI
youtu.be/WyGvGMa2RFg
youtube.com/watch?v=B7ajrMn1V9g
youtube.com/watch?v=dU7a8a7ZKoE
youtube.com/watch?v=_b2zzxY24q4
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/170355568/#170356561
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/vhs laserdiscs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seriously? That looks like it's from the fucking 90. Have you never seen an anime from the 80s or 70s? Newfags, I fucking swear...

Attached: h.png (350x174, 76K)

The oldest anime I watched in it's entirety is Fate/Zero

Attached: 1550363480840.jpg (696x637, 104K)

Silent Möbius was so shit, dropped after 4 episodes. You could tell it really tried but it just didn't deliver.

Oldest I've watched were Ashita no Joe and Belladonna of Sadness.

Attached: Belladonna (3).png (1416x1080, 1.3M)

Attached: gigantor.jpg (284x177, 10K)

This might probably be the oldest anime I actually watched.

Attached: 6d4ae639df50008e9695a3b57e9982491445394160_fwide.jpg (640x360, 54K)

The last episode of Silent Mobius is literally, LITERALLY the biggest FU I think I've ever seen. You want to know how it actually, last screen ends? Check it out. It's beyond infuriating.

Attached: Silent Mobius finale.jpg (632x474, 20K)

I've seen some older stuff too - silent-era minute-long pieces and WW2 propaganda shorts and the like - but it's just so different I'm not sure if to count it.

Attached: Hakujaden.jpg (267x373, 29K)

Speed Racer, but not the entire thing. Zeta Gundam would be the first one that comes to mind otherwise. I saw "enough" of the first series but I can't truthfully say I watched every single episode. I'll do that eventually though.

This old thing about tengu I guess. youtube.com/watch?v=ShzmzcJM7QI

This too. It wasn't half bad actually.

youtu.be/WyGvGMa2RFg
it's cool to see the heavy felix the cat/betty boop influence on the look of stuff this old

"anime"

Attached: yuureisen.jpg (225x167, 18K)

Was just thinking of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=B7ajrMn1V9g
Probably my favorite at this point.

I think it's Lupin Part 1 now. Before that though I think I'd only seen shows from the 80s and on (I watched the Gundam trilogy rather than the series)

youtube.com/watch?v=dU7a8a7ZKoE

Parts of Kimba as a kid.

> Silent Möbius was so shit, dropped after 4 episodes
I watched the movies rather than the series, and I couldn't get through more than like fifteen minutes. It was all explosions and chuuni babble and ominous shots of neon shadows, I was falling asleep. Compiler from the same guy was a similarly fast drop.

Attached: A2375-72.jpg (408x408, 53K)

This too but only because I remember CN running a few eps as a joke I guess, now if we're going to talk about age as in when it first got overseas then Speed Racer or Voltron maybe G-force(Gatchaman)

Actual oldest anime I've seen is Katsudou Shashin but I'm not counting that since it's 3 seconds long.

Attached: horus.jpg (400x560, 66K)

Toss up between Cyborg 009 1979 edition and Rose of Versailles, not sure whats older.

Attached: 51FAll4iKaL_large.jpg (332x480, 43K)

It's on youtube and yes their faces are this creepy through the whole thing.

Attached: suteneko tora chan.jpg (240x132, 11K)

tfw 3 seconds long and I still need subtitles. I guess that is now technically the oldest anime I've watched.

I've seen crudely made animated shorts from the 1910's/20's as well as the Momotaro movies of the 1940's.

I've watched the anime film "Hakujaden" from the 1950's as well as the original Astro Boy which precedes the more popular 60's version. Weird how no one mentions it.

For the 1960's I've seen..
Astro Boy
Gigantor
Tetsujin 28-go
Some of that Ninja series Hayao Miyazaki worked on.
Kimba the White Lion
Cyborg 009 (a personal favorite)
Dororo
Star of the Giants
Moomin
Gegege no Kitaro (also good)
Tiger Mask
Speed Racer
Lupin IIi pilot film

Most are... Well they haven't aged well but some decent stuff.

The 1970's is where anime peaked and I think you should be ashamed of yourself if you haven't seen any. You might as well not even be an anime fan.

Lupin III
Ashita no Joe
Future Boy Conan
Rose of Versailles
Mobile Suit Gundam
Takarajima
Space Battleship Yamato
Captain Harlock
Galaxy Express 999
Cyborg 009 1979
Aim for the Ace!
Cutie Honey
Mazinger Z
Heidi
Gatchaman

The 80's was also good but sort of a mess and not as consistent with masterpieces. It was more fun and animation driven. 90's and 00's also has great stuff but not gonna name them unless i'm asked. I try my best to watch all the classics so I can actually discuss the whole medium without sounding like a bias retard who hasn't seen jackshit.

We had Kimba on TV here in Mexico when I was a kid, so that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ShzmzcJM7QI
Isekai battle harem from 1929.

I bet you watched it with that crappy Mexican dub didn't you, spic?

Speed Racer is oldest and Mobile Suit Gundam is probably second. Kind of crazy that there is a 12 year gap between them.

Yes.
I just wish we had gotten the original Machi GoGoGo like we did with a ton of other anime instead of a fucked up translated version of your dub.

>Tfw hard to find online and not available for purchase in ny country yet
We're finally getting the 2002 series on blu ray but all the older stuff is not licensed.

There's a lot better shows in between that gap too.

Speed Racer

Oh shit, I forgot about Gigantor and Astroboy. Pretty sure both are a few years older than Speed. So those two then.

Fuck off, normie

Best music in the franchise.

Attached: Let's Fire.jpg (1000x1000, 424K)

Why is thread so dead? is Yea Forums actually filled with children?

This, but only because it was aired on television when I was a child

Attached: Heidi-1.jpg (500x375, 48K)

does little Nemo count? what Akira?

Neither are even that old. What rock do you live under?

>Akira not that old
well it's over 30 years. sooooo....

Maya the bee - first ep. aired 1975

Been watching Lupin III part 1 high and it's a trip. The colors pop so hard and there's so much movement in the animation despite almost being 50 years old.

Curious to know what else I should watch high. Although i'm thinking of stopping because reading subtitles definitely takes away from the high.

Voltron, SDF Macross, battleship Yamato, MSG Gundam 0079

It's not that old by amime standards.

Attached: top_o_nerae_gunbuster_575.jpg (314x400, 45K)

So mostly mecha trash and a apace opera. You need to expand your taste.

If the oldest anime you've seen is newer than 1984, then you desperately need to put in some work. You're missing out on a decade and a half of some of the best stories ever adapted from manga.

>magic
>asian magic
>cyborg
>hacking internet with brain connector
>demons

literary shadowrun the anime but without metahuman and less crazy.

>thread opens with silent mobius
>huh, that's rare, maybe we can talk about kia asa-
>only anons bothering are pusfilled shitbuckets taking a dump on him
Best I can expect is some posers to pretend they liked steam detectives I guess. At least you lowlifes never bring up Katsura either.

Attached: 1397970061447.jpg (279x252, 23K)

is it different from manga version?

>normie

uncultured swine get some taste
Sazae-san
Doraemon
Anpanman
Dr Slump

Not all of it, but it still counts.

Attached: ace-wo-nerae-497727.1.jpg (1500x1500, 193K)

finished the last episode

Attached: Hatsumei Boy Kanipan.jpg (1440x1080, 209K)

What a trainwreck thread. People are so desperate to prove their superiority that they even post in a thread as pointless as this. How the hell is this topic not insanely vague and utterly worthless? Mods? Why is this garbage still up?
>lol look I've watched a short from the 1920's please give me (You)s and your admiration, I've got a PhD in animation!

Ashita no Joe (1970) is the greatest anime of all time

Attached: joe.jpg (800x564, 54K)

>posts literal preschool tier anime
>calls others uncultured

I would not disagree with you even though it's not my #1 personal favorite.

What's the point of your shitposting? Why not complain in the 40 Jojo and waifu threads. You may actually get more (You)'s assuming you aren't banned by then.

>Look at all these other shit tier threads! Why shouldn't I be allowed to make one? You see, I am better than they are. I just so happen to only make garbage posts myself, but that doesn't actually lessen the value of my contribution! :D

>Silent Mobius
I recently saw this anime...

Wasted my time. Final chapter horrible, the only thing I can rescue from this show, was the episode where the yandere girl travels to the past.

Attached: Dato.jpg (480x360, 17K)

I'm just a poster, not the OP. I also find it funny how you genuinely believe any thread on Yea Forums has any value to the point that it upsets you finding one that doesn't meet your standard. Add onto the fact you willingly opened the thread just to make harsh remarks on the people who are just casually posting in it as if you're any better. Please continue making off-topic posts that add nothing though.

Hows the dub of Silent Mobius? I have no real interest and I hear the show is bad but I managed to find a dubbed version so I may check it out.

I watched some of Attack No 1. Unfortunately it's fucking garbage, so I stopped. Same with most of the stuff I've tried from the 70s.
I think Treasure Island is the oldest show I've finished.

Most older stuff I go to manga form, but probably this. One anime I wouldn't mind checking out is babel nisei kyojin no hoshi.

Attached: Maha go.jpg (523x350, 40K)

Examples of the shows you've tried watching? You might just be watching the shitty ones but it's not that hard finding the best so i'm curious to know how you managed to fuck up to the point you've only been able to finish 1 show.

Not that many, and I can't remember them offhand. Cutey Honey sticks out as something people claim is good but was straight up awful. Its only good points were the OP and the colours.
Rose of Versailles was great, but more recent than Treasure Island.

Cutie Honey has never been good. It's one of those so bad it's good franchises

Try the first Lupin III series or Ashita no Joe next.

JOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=_b2zzxY24q4

I've tried various Lupin III series including some old and the new ones. I don't really like them.
I'll give Joe a shot at some point.

for me, it's attack no. 1.

Attached: [OldCastle] Attack no. 1 - 030 [2354101E][00:21:13]001.png (960x719, 933K)

Tobor the 8th Man, though it was only to get myself familiar with it before watching the 90s remake, so I fell asleep a lot.

Attached: 8thman_cap.jpg (380x287, 18K)

You will learn to love Lupin or hate anime. No excuses. You will also watch all 70+ episodes of Ashita no Joe and it's sequel as soon as possible. No excuses.

>Attack No 1. Unfortunately it's fucking garbage
Wow, shit fucking TASTE bro. Honestly just consider suicide. Attack no. 1 is GOOD. Peak sports anime and peak post-war influence and peak hot blooded sports action.

Attached: [OldCastle] Attack no. 1 - 005 [02911005][00:09:26]001.png (960x715, 883K)

Horus Prince of the Sun (1968)

If you want peak sports anime, why not choose from the top 3 during the era
3. Star of the Giants
2. Aim for the Ace!
1. Ashita no Joe
Attack No. 1 is..okay but not on par.

Shut the fuck up bitch. I didn't ask for your opinion.

Attached: Chibi Maruko-chan 75[00:02:57]001.png (620x480, 262K)

b-baka~

You're right. it's why I gave you a fact instead.

No, it's dreadfully written overwrought drama with shitty characters and barely any animation.

Attached: Special Armored Battalion Dorvack.jpg (209x301, 18K)

For me it would be this

Attached: 3191F1F0-907E-4A3D-9824-0F9DF43AB0E9.jpg (261x445, 27K)

Get this generic mecha shit outta here.

This is the sort of post that makes me think the people who go on about old anime are mostly obnoxious faggots who think liking old things makes them smart and sophisticated.

Not sure if I watched it completely, though.

Attached: Heidi.jpg (658x370, 43K)

He's right though.

>overwrought
Are you a dumbass or something? It's A DRAMA, also it's hardly intricate. The first arc is so straightforward.

Also, the characters are good and very likable. especially Ayuhara, the perfect MC and the best girl. And Coach Hongo is absolutely based, and clearly Munakata coach from Ace wo Nerae is a literal knockoff version of him.

Also just to be clear, Kyojin no Hoshi was considered the male version of Attack no. 1, both extremely popular in their own rights. And very similar, minus the abusive father.

Attached: [OldCastle] Attack no. 1 - 048 [B05A1030][00:08:28]001.png (960x719, 862K)

Well it's true when it comes to anime at least

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/170355568/#170356561

Thread contains most of my anime cinegrids which feature a lot of old shit. If you wanted to get into the old stuff and want a visual idea of the shows/movies, then check this out.

rip thread

city hunter, yu yu hakusho
whichever comes first

This
I'm still saved all collection in VHS (Also with Haha o Tazunete Sanzenri)

Attached: 343q543245.jpg (490x650, 65K)

*Saving, sorry

I don't know which one is older, Akage no Ann or Ginga Tetsudou 999.

Attached: 1448840076424.jpg (1000x1256, 305K)

>straightforward
So you don't even know what "overwrought" means. Thanks for sharing.

999 was 1979 so probably the other

>Ginga Tetsudou 999
This one is older, unless you watched the movie, in which case they came out in the same year.

Lame

Which decade had the best portrayal of black people and why is it the 60's?

Since there's no pre-2000s thread I'll drop this info here
Some anons were talking about some faggot named Kenny in the nora rock me thread yesterday so I did a bit of sleuthing and found that that faggot has been shilling his videos all over Yea Forums, bet he did it on Yea Forums too
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/vhs laserdiscs/

Mach GoGoGO and/or Combattler V

I've only seen 3 anime ever.

Midori
Belldonna of Sadness
VHS copies of Serial Experiments Lain

rate my taste.